Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

motoh posted:

So I took a gander at the official forums to see if there's any news on when I can have more than one hand saved.

It's really never a good sign when the only official staff interaction is a thread titled 'we are listening,' is it?

I have like 9 hands saved. Have you tried getting it for the correct platform, i.e., PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
That's what I'm on. The only hand that stays saved for me is the first, and only in the primary slot.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Gasoline posted:

Speaking more generally, most gamers annoyed at this just come across as not wanting to see women and/or black people in their Star Wars shootybang game.

Incorrect. What a dumb thing to say. There are plenty of caucasian male storm troopers available as well., and I hate them all equally.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
My only problem with helmet less stormtroopers is sometimes seeing one and misidentifying them as a friendly.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

jivjov posted:

My only problem with helmet less stormtroopers is sometimes seeing one and misidentifying them as a friendly.

This happens to me frequently as well - mostly on Hoth as both sides are in white against a white backdrop. I play a ton of WA, and don't run into that as much on the other maps.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Glass of Milk posted:

Is this $20 yet?

Yes, restart steam.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Kelly posted:

This happens to me frequently as well - mostly on Hoth as both sides are in white against a white backdrop. I play a ton of WA, and don't run into that as much on the other maps.

The effect on hoth is even worse when the enemy is in between you and an ally, while in a hallway so it looks like he has a green name over his head.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

motoh posted:

So I took a gander at the official forums to see if there's any news on when I can have more than one hand saved.

It's really never a good sign when the only official staff interaction is a thread titled 'we are listening,' is it?

That's a combination of DICE being tight-lipped as usual and EA's community team still STILL healing from the ME3 endings + Battlefield 4 fiascos.

I think their new official policy is to not interact with the community anymore because interaction of any sort causes wildly inflammatory attacks about loving anything. EA's forums are become Tumblr.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Gasoline posted:

Speaking more generally, most gamers annoyed at this just come across as not wanting to see women and/or black people in their Star Wars shootybang game.

ahahahaha is this a real post

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Prefer soldiers to wear their helmets???

Better check that cis privilege!!!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, Fighter Squadron, trying to finish a TIE Figher kill challenge.

"Red dots, red dots... no, that's AI, that's AI... oh, there's a guy! Gotta close the distance, finally I can target - BOOM A-WING gently caress OFF."

And of course, when I play an A-Wing, and I actually manage to see the Hero power-up, OH YAY I FINALLY GET TO BE MILLENNIUM FAL- BOOM gently caress OFF SLAVE 1!

Someday, I will get to fly the Falcon.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Steve Vader posted:

Man, Fighter Squadron, trying to finish a TIE Figher kill challenge.

"Red dots, red dots... no, that's AI, that's AI... oh, there's a guy! Gotta close the distance, finally I can target - BOOM A-WING gently caress OFF."

And of course, when I play an A-Wing, and I actually manage to see the Hero power-up, OH YAY I FINALLY GET TO BE MILLENNIUM FAL- BOOM gently caress OFF SLAVE 1!

Someday, I will get to fly the Falcon.

If you see Slave 1 just pop your shield and ram it with the Falcon. You take no damage and they die.

Or just ignore it the whole time. Even if it sits on you 24/7 it will take it a while to kill you.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've never played as the Falcon. I can never get the power-up to play as the Falcon.

And ignoring it is hard when it kills me before I can get to the power-up.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Top tip: stay near the ground until either you or a teammate gets the falcon

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Steve Vader posted:

I've never played as the Falcon. I can never get the power-up to play as the Falcon.

And ignoring it is hard when it kills me before I can get to the power-up.

Same, I've never even seen where/when that power up spawns.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Speaking of the Falcon/Slave 1 and being someone who has never used either, are they just super tanky but with weak weaponry? I'll see people go a full round without getting blown up, but it's a rare match when I don't way out kill the hero ships even in a TIE.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The hero ships have good weapons. The Falcon occasionally has tracking issues for some reason but should be at least as dependable as your average fighter. Slave 1's weapons are the best available. Those guns are so hot :siren: they can hit A-wings :siren:

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
The hero ships are really tough and the guns are good, but they are buses so you quite often miss a kill you would otherwise get.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Well, I finally got the Falcon. For about 30 seconds, until Slave-1 rammed directly into me and blew us both up.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Steve Vader posted:

Well, I finally got the Falcon. For about 30 seconds, until Slave-1 rammed directly into me and blew us both up.

Slave-1 guy doing it wrong.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Pubbies do things wrong, movie at 11.

I'm so loving tired of being the only creative thinker on a team (in smaller games like HvV). Two rounds of every pubbie on my team running headlong into a slaughterfest, by congregating at a bottleneck and getting hosed.
In round 3 I decide to take the flanks, where I get annihilated by a well-organised team of three enemies. And it's always the team I get grouped with. I'm a magnet for losers. When I'm the best player on the team you know the matchmaking is broken :v:

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I love this game but it's Deffo time for patch news.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Frankenstyle posted:

Speaking of the Falcon/Slave 1 and being someone who has never used either, are they just super tanky but with weak weaponry? I'll see people go a full round without getting blown up, but it's a rare match when I don't way out kill the hero ships even in a TIE.
The people you see just suck, I'd probably change the server. When you get a Falcon/Slave 1 you should be at the top of the table or you're pretty much useless. Also Slave 1 ramming into Falcon killing both is the biggest sign of idiocy. The gentleman's agreement between Falcon and Slave 1 is to ignore one another because it's a giant waste of time and a sure way to get the least amount of points possible. Just shoot everything else down and melt enemey transports, good job.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Palpek posted:

The people you see just suck, I'd probably change the server. When you get a Falcon/Slave 1 you should be at the top of the table or you're pretty much useless. Also Slave 1 ramming into Falcon killing both is the biggest sign of idiocy. The gentleman's agreement between Falcon and Slave 1 is to ignore one another because it's a giant waste of time and a sure way to get the least amount of points possible. Just shoot everything else down and melt enemey transports, good job.

Lol if you're the falcon and you don't make a point of running down the Slave 1 at every opportunity

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ramming the Slave 1 with a shield is ok because it's fast and effective. Wasting time on hunting it down with lasers for laughable points until it changes direction rapidly and flies into you is dumb.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Hello Spaceman posted:

Pubbies do things wrong, movie at 11.

I'm so loving tired of being the only creative thinker on a team (in smaller games like HvV). Two rounds of every pubbie on my team running headlong into a slaughterfest, by congregating at a bottleneck and getting hosed.
In round 3 I decide to take the flanks, where I get annihilated by a well-organised team of three enemies. And it's always the team I get grouped with. I'm a magnet for losers. When I'm the best player on the team you know the matchmaking is broken :v:

I'm glad pubbies do things wrong, because villains lose HvV if Leia and Luke have even an ounce of sense. Leia is so much better than Palps it's not even funny. Actually, that's a lie. Palps is better at running away.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

MorsAnima posted:

I'm glad pubbies do things wrong, because villains lose HvV if Leia and Luke have even an ounce of sense. Leia is so much better than Palps it's not even funny. Actually, that's a lie. Palps is better at running away.

They all have strengths, but it depends largely on the level. Open spaces? Anybody with guns – and you can run away forever as Boba Fett. The number of times that I've played Imps and the idiot playing Fett is the last surviving hero, but decides to get stuck in the fight...

Anywhere with corridors is great for Palpatine, thanks to chain lightning. Playing as Darth/Luke? Better hope your team mates are around if you're trying to kill another hero, because your health melts away if anybody with an AC280 or RC97 is nearby while you're focussing on the hero. (It's also entirely possible that me sucking as Darth/Luke doesn't help).

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

I still have not seen a single person use the scout pistol since I've started playing this game. Im waiting to see it and it seems like I'm the only one who has tried.

Poor little scout pistol. Hes so lonely :(

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I tried it, it's ok in CQC but dl44 and cycler is superior imho.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've been sick the last two days. I've played so much Battlefront that last night when I closed my eyes to sleep, all I could see was a field of power-up icons like stars in the night.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Steve Vader posted:

I've been sick the last two days. I've played so much Battlefront that last night when I closed my eyes to sleep, all I could see was a field of power-up icons like stars in the night.

I wonder what the nightmare version of this would be.

I guess same thing but they all roll Blaster Cannon.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
A thousand glowing red lights. Each one a charging bow caster lighting the night.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

moosecow333 posted:

A thousand glowing red lights. Each one a charging bow caster lighting the night.

Its getting annoying always seeing that stupid light above me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Is the game down for maintenance on Monday nights / is there a known bug where every game mode finds no matches for me, because I can't play anything right now and I'm sad!

e: that is not true it placed me in a lobby with one other person

e2: only 28 more players to go!

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Is the game down for maintenance on Monday nights / is there a known bug where every game mode finds no matches for me, because I can't play anything right now and I'm sad!

e: that is not true it placed me in a lobby with one other person

e2: only 28 more players to go!

Exit and then restart whatever match you want. I had the same problem on Supremacy last night.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Has anyone had any problems with game performance? Sometimes when I play the game I get smooth frames, and other times it's choppy as all hell, and I can't find any deciding factor. I'm on PC.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

moosecow333 posted:

Has anyone had any problems with game performance? Sometimes when I play the game I get smooth frames, and other times it's choppy as all hell, and I can't find any deciding factor. I'm on PC.

I had a problem last night with it switching from 3rd person to 1st for a few seconds (at which point I couldnt do poo poo) and then it would allow me to go back to 3rd person. Very annoying...

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Is there any trick to dogfighting well in this? I'm really good at pretty much all aspects of the game now but that. I can absolutely rack up the kills strafing people in any kind of fighter, but I still tend to lose more 1v1 fighter v fighter dogfights than I'd like.

It seems like if someone gets on you it's super hard to shake them, and almost impossible if they're any good.

Maybe that's just how the game is, I dunno. Whenever I get the drop on someone in a fighter they usually can't get me off them even if they try every maneuver known to man and likewise whenever a halfway decent pilot starts chasing me I'm hosed no matter what I try.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Darke GBF posted:

ahahahaha is this a real post

It's probably no one here, but I've plenty of corners of the Internet arguing that Ep VII is actually bombing and any word otherwise is media hype, because who in their right minds would believe that a Star Wats movie where none of the three good guys are white men would succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's probably no one here, but I've plenty of corners of the Internet arguing that Ep VII is actually bombing and any word otherwise is media hype, because who in their right minds would believe that a Star Wats movie where none of the three good guys are white men would succeed.
There's two main groups who don't like the new movie. The racist/sexist types mad that of the three new leads the only white one is a woman, and EU extremists mad because they somehow think they've lost out on 20-some years of investment in the old material. Then there's some other weirdos who can't see this as anything other than a cynical attempt to appeal to nostalgia.

• Locked thread