Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
As with any toon that you can't farm in battles, Cantina, Arena, or GW shards... he's prolly p cool, will be poo poo when you're in the 50's and everyone you face has 5-6 star toons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
I just started playing this yesterday and am level 23. Ally code: 362-949-592.

Is it more worth it to save up my crystals to buy the Chromium Mega-Pack, since I only really have the starting guys right now, energy refills, more arena battles, or certain shipment items (training droids or specific data cards)?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

drgnwr1 posted:

Is it more worth it to save up my crystals to buy the Chromium Mega-Pack, since I only really have the starting guys right now, energy refills, more arena battles, or certain shipment items (training droids or specific data cards)?

no

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Energy refills for ye crystals.

Maul's AOE is on par/a little better (does double damage vs jedi, higher crit chance) than Kylo Ren, but he's (way) squishier.

Maul health: 8903
Kylo: 17096 (more armor too)

Phys damage:
Maul: 1821
Kylo: 1878 (got way more armor pen)

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
I finished my Sid shard collection today. He's a super beast.

Who would this fhrewd recommend going after now: Ventress, IG88 or HK-47? Leaning HK-47 because he starts at 4 stars I believe but I feel like to really unlock his awesomeness, I'd need a droid team (IG-88) first. Thoughts?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

Energy refills for ye crystals.

Maul's AOE is on par/a little better (does double damage vs jedi, higher crit chance) than Kylo Ren, but he's (way) squishier.

Maul health: 8903
Kylo: 17096 (more armor too)

Phys damage:
Maul: 1821
Kylo: 1878 (got way more armor pen)

Dont' forget Maul does double damage to Jedi. Everyone runs Lumi, and JC is also very popular.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Maul is great to have, and even at 4* in blue gear his AoE is amazing...but unless a way to farm his shard gets added, he's not worth investing to, unless you have hundreds of $$$ to drop. He also has one of the lowest HP pools and is slow, too.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

Maul is great to have, and even at 4* in blue gear his AoE is amazing...but unless a way to farm his shard gets added, he's not worth investing to, unless you have hundreds of $$$ to drop. He also has one of the lowest HP pools and is slow, too.

This is why he's not usable to me. If EA shows that they are willing to rotate characters through different tables, meaning, for example, we can get Maul shards from the Cantina table, then I would probably invest in guys like Maul. Otherwise, I'm just priced out of the market.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

drgnwr1 posted:

Buy 2 50 crystal energy refills/day and buy 1 100 crystal cantina energy refill/day.

Packs are poo poo, the only heroes that matter are the ones you can reliably star up in the Cantina, Arena, and GW stores (you'll unlock all of those modes eventually)

buy Old Daka from Cantina shop
buy Sidious from Arena shop
buy Luminara from GW shop

Use Cantina energy to star up your Jedi Consular.
Use regular energy to get gear unlocks for your characters
Secondarily, use energy to do Hard-mode missions for toons you like or want to star up (I recommend Jedi Consular/Dooku)

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 12, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drgnwr1 posted:

It can be, there's a 99.9999% chance it isn't.

You could in theory get Qui-Gon and enough shards to make him like 6 stars in one pack, but you won't.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Just pulled Mace Windu from the free pool! Guess I should put together an Ima Gun Di team now...

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Brian Fellows posted:

I finished my Sid shard collection today. He's a super beast.

Who would this fhrewd recommend going after now: Ventress, IG88 or HK-47? Leaning HK-47 because he starts at 4 stars I believe but I feel like to really unlock his awesomeness, I'd need a droid team (IG-88) first. Thoughts?

Is Ventress 80 shards to unlock or like, 50?
80 shards = starts at 4 stars, needs 65 to reach 5 stars
50 shards = starts at 3 stars, needs 30 to reach 4 stars (ergo 80 shards total)
There's no difference in total shards needed to get a 4 star character.

Haven't seen HK-47 in any meta, nor Ventress (probably too slow). I use Ventress, don't regret it, but she takes awhile to get going (gear/skills). HK-47 haven't impressed from when I've seen/borrowed him.

IG-88 or IG-86 are supposed to be pretty good picks for damage dealin'

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kaschei posted:

I did both of Fives' mission levels right after midnight. They're both on timers for the day. One is DS and one is LS.

So why am I at 2/3 LS missions and 4/5 hard missions for daily activities?

There's definitely a bug with daily achievements right now because I spent probably 150 energy on light side missions yesterday looking for gear and was stuck at 2/3 light side all day until I finally got it from a hard mission for a Dooku shard

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Pimpmust posted:

I found this team composition interesting:

Poggle, Geo Soldier and IG-86 might not be the most obvious good characters to have for a new player, but they pop up pretty frequently (can get away with switching Geo for Luke or IG-86 for 88).

Luke absolutely would not be usable. The idea on that team is speed. Geo has 140, and I think Luke is like 114. That means Geononsian Soldier would go 2 full turns before Luke would, defeating the whole idea of the team.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Ah, didn't think about that little wrinkle.

Man, the speed gap between some characters seems pretty absurd (especially coupled with high damage). No brainer "meta" right there.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

buy Old Daka from Cantina shop

Use Cantina energy to star up your Jedi Consular

I think that going Poe/Luke here is just as good. I don't plan on running Daka in Arena, so she's just for GW/dark side missions. While important, I honestly think getting a successful arena group together is more important, and Poe is so goddamn good.
I didn't originally start trying to farm luke, but them I got a 3* and decided to go with it, and he's been really good. I expect to replace JC before too much longer in arena. While he's easy to star up, he isn't as good as Lumi, and every other battle in my arena group is 3+ sith, which makes each jedi a liability.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I think that going Poe/Luke here is just as good. I don't plan on running Daka in Arena, so she's just for GW/dark side missions. While important, I honestly think getting a successful arena group together is more important, and Poe is so goddamn good.
I didn't originally start trying to farm luke, but them I got a 3* and decided to go with it, and he's been really good. I expect to replace JC before too much longer in arena. While he's easy to star up, he isn't as good as Lumi, and every other battle in my arena group is 3+ sith, which makes each jedi a liability.

Everyone can and should get a Daka just so they can have a hope of finishing the Dark Side battles. I don't intend to 7-star her, as I'm instead going to 7-star my Poe.

4-starring Chewie is hella good to do, and most people should do that before moving on to the JC fight. A 4-star Chewie will carry your rear end through the 30's/40's.
Farming Luke also owns. I've done it, he's my A-team DPS. I'm farming his 4-star now, then I'll probably balls-out and get my 5th JC star.

There's all kinds of poo poo to do that's probably good, but telling a newb to just 7-star his JC isn't a bad target for them to aim at until they learn the game a little.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

There's all kinds of poo poo to do that's probably good, but telling a newb to just 7-star his JC isn't a bad target for them to aim at until they learn the game a little.

Eh, I am still farming his hard shards, and once I get him to 5 I will be stopping. I almost have Lumi and Sid to 6, and Luke is very nearly 5. I plan to just go straight for 7 on Luke.

The problem with taking JC to 7 is that he isn't a long-term target. Sure, you will probably always use him in missions, and frequently in GW, but beig a generic jedi is really bad in arena. Sith just kinda shits on jedi, which is why so many people run kylo, sid, dooku, and any other sith they can get their hands on...there are just a lot of lumi, jc, and barriss running around in arena.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Still having a lot of fun with this game, bought a few packs with crystals because I like having cool characters, then randomly got a 4-star Bariss in a free pack, so now I'm running a Chewie / Leia / Bariss / JC / Sidious team that seems to be holding up quite well. A lot of high-hp and healing with some durable damage dealers, but really it just outheals and waits for the right moment to kill someone.

Working on getting my Lumi shards, and will have her unlocked today, should I swap her in for JC if I can get her leveled / geared?

My other problem is Leia, she's only 2 stars, but shits out damage like a fricken machine. Also, is she bugged to always give bonus crit chance? Because that's all I've seen. She also attacks 4 times sometimes, and when she does she easily does 2-4k damage depending on crits and stealth effects. Should I stick with her even though she's two stars and I have no way to promote her, or sub her out for someone else?

Level 44 or so now, add me as your buddy! 574-624-554

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Still leveling (currently 46) but on a younger server, highest I can see in Arena rankings is level 54, and trying to decide on my main five to focus on for Arena, and whom to leave as extras for GW. I usually hang around the 50-100 ranks with a team of Luke 4*, Poe 4*, JC 3*, FOTP 3* and either Daka 4* or Talia 4* (I think I prefer playing with Talia, but the AI is stupid with her so usually leave Daka in last battle to hold rank a bit better). However I just finished farming Sidious and will have Luminara tomorrow, would it be worth leveling and gearing either of them and adding to team? Who would be replaced and why? Sorry for newbie questions but still learning. Seems that levels, credits, droids, gear are serious investments time wise now, hence the questions.

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 12, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hixalot posted:

Still leveling (currently 46) but on a younger server, highest I can see in Arena rankings is level 54, and trying to decide on my main five to focus on for Arena, and whom to leave as extras for GW. I usually hang around the 50-100 ranks with a team of Luke 4*, Poe 4*, JC 3*, FOTP 3* and either Daka 4* or Talia 4* (I think I prefer playing with Talia, but the AI is stupid with her so usually leave Daka in last battle to hold rank a bit better). However I just finished farming Sidious and will have Luminara tomorrow, would it be worth leveling and gearing either of them and adding to team? Who would be replaced and why? Sorry for newbie questions but still learning. Seems that levels, credits, droids, gear are serious investments time wise now, hence the questions.

Nice! That's already a solid squad. Lumi + JC make an excellent healing squad. However, you do have to make the decision between Poe and Daka (cantina shipments), and that will determine your healing squad. Right now I'm trying to farm Poe, and I plan to take him to 7 because he might be the best tank. If you plan to do that, use Lumi and JC. However, if you want to focus on starring Daka, use Daka and Lumi. Until you can farm more shards for FOTP I would recommend running Sid in his place. Stars are so important in this game.
I would recommend farming Luke in Cantina, Poe in cantina shipments, Sid in Arena shipments, and Lumi in GW shipments. Then, keep farming JC shards in hard to get him to 4 or 5 stars...he continues to be a decent healer.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Malgrin posted:

Nice! That's already a solid squad. Lumi + JC make an excellent healing squad. However, you do have to make the decision between Poe and Daka (cantina shipments), and that will determine your healing squad. Right now I'm trying to farm Poe, and I plan to take him to 7 because he might be the best tank. If you plan to do that, use Lumi and JC. However, if you want to focus on starring Daka, use Daka and Lumi. Until you can farm more shards for FOTP I would recommend running Sid in his place. Stars are so important in this game.
I would recommend farming Luke in Cantina, Poe in cantina shipments, Sid in Arena shipments, and Lumi in GW shipments. Then, keep farming JC shards in hard to get him to 4 or 5 stars...he continues to be a decent healer.

I was thinking along similar lines, although Sidious leader instead of Luke (and removing Luke since he doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as FOTP) would make FOTP even more deadly, he already regularly OTKs people. Good point about having to choose between Poe and Daka, I guess Luminara replaces Daka in arena, Poe's taunt and debuff are just too good. Especially with eventually getting FOTP back in there when I can farm shards for him.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So I splurged on a Chromium mega pack + a few single cards and got several characters. Are they any good?

Qui-Gon Jinn: He's only a two star and I don't see myself going for more Chromiums. I got him to level 42ish based on the hype I've heard, but so far he seems underwhelming. Does he really need to be 6-7 star before he shines?

Maul: I like him so far. He's given my dark side team a nice boost in damage output, but he's slow and squishy. I'm thinking I'll keep him for now, but eventually sub him out for Sid which I should get tomorrow.

Ewok Elder: Seems useful for revives, but thats about it.

Ashoka: Seemed promising, but she's ultra squishy and her heal never seems to proc. Does she get better later on?

Tarkin: No idea about this guy. Haven't used him yet.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Yes. On literally every character. If the question is does a character need to be 7*? Otherwise they have half the hit points and half the damage. End game the lowest star I would ever consider fielding is 5* and that is pushing it. It sucks and that's why people say to stay away from chromiums. It really is a trap. You get all these cool characters but no way to make them better without spending more.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I have a buddy with a 7* Ashoka that hits like a loving truck but it's also the only 7* on my friends list so I guess I don't have anything to compare her to.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Canemacar posted:

So I splurged on a Chromium mega pack + a few single cards and got several characters. Are they any good?

I want him for GW revives honestly. I had a stupid case where Sid was heavily dotted. and I retreated, I come back in he has 0 health and dies when healed. I brought Dakka in but the heal didn't res. I'd even checked to see how close I was to Elder before just finishing the GW with 5s instead of Sid.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

I want him for GW revives honestly. I had a stupid case where Sid was heavily dotted. and I retreated, I come back in he has 0 health and dies when healed. I brought Dakka in but the heal didn't res. I'd even checked to see how close I was to Elder before just finishing the GW with 5s instead of Sid.

At some point, I want to star up Daka and Ewok Elder, and throw them both in Arena for my last match so that people have to deal with double revives, but it's a super long term plan. Getting Poe to 7 first, and Ewok hard shards are lower priority than others.

E: also just got Luke to 5*, super excited to see the power difference in action (game showed a 500 point jump). Also, spent my ability shards on his leader, going to go into arena today with 37% tenacity. I think this is really worth it, because I have a hard time dealing with all the debuffs and stuns going around. I will miss the Sid crit bonuses though...

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 13, 2016

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Canemacar posted:

Qui-Gon Jinn: He's only a two star and I don't see myself going for more Chromiums. I got him to level 42ish based on the hype I've heard, but so far he seems underwhelming. Does he really need to be 6-7 star before he shines?

Maul: I like him so far. He's given my dark side team a nice boost in damage output, but he's slow and squishy. I'm thinking I'll keep him for now, but eventually sub him out for Sid which I should get tomorrow.

Ashoka: Seemed promising, but she's ultra squishy and her heal never seems to proc. Does she get better later on?

Tarkin: No idea about this guy. Haven't used him yet.

Too add a bit more Qui Gon and Maul are probably two of the best characters in the game but are completely useless at end game unless you're forking over a couple of thousand dollars.

The rest are all good but might take longer to farm or have their shard shipments clash with better characters.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

At some point, I want to star up Daka and Ewok Elder, and throw them both in Arena for my last match so that people have to deal with double revives, but it's a super long term plan. Getting Poe to 7 first, and Ewok hard shards are lower priority than others.

Stall team always sounds fun, throw in HK, Boba and Bariss/Lumi. Problem is winning a match in the first place!

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I just started playing this game yesterday, if anyone wants to add me as a friend, 363-514-181.

I was kind of confused a bit by the stars and gears aspect of the game, but I think I'm starting to figure things out. I played Force Collection obsessively for about a year, haven't touched anything in almost 6 months, and I think that this might be my new unhealthy time waster for a while. Do crystals or card pulls end up being given out for events fairly often as it was in Force Collection, or are you pretty much stuck pulling the bronze ones unless you pay money?

Edit: I'm also having a really hard time reconciling that a Jawa is the strongest attacker in my deck.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 13, 2016

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Malgrin posted:

This is exactly what i'm doing.it's working out so far, except that i've stalled completely in dark side pve.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Palleon posted:

I just started playing this game yesterday, if anyone wants to add me as a friend, 363-514-181.

I was kind of confused a bit by the stars and gears aspect of the game, but I think I'm starting to figure things out. I played Force Collection obsessively for about a year, haven't touched anything in almost 6 months, and I think that this might be my new unhealthy time waster for a while. Do crystals or card pulls end up being given out for events fairly often as it was in Force Collection, or are you pretty much stuck pulling the bronze ones unless you pay money?

Edit: I'm also having a really hard time reconciling that a Jawa is the strongest attacker in my deck.

You get about 50 crystals a day if you complete all of the Daily tasks, and more for placing in Arena and completing Galactic Wars. Chromiums are never given out free. It's not worth using your crystals on packs, you're better off just using them to refresh Energy. I'd say decide early if you really like this game and want to invest any $$$, because the bundles and deals you get at the start go away eventually and don't come back, and in the long run are better deals than buying Chromium packs.

According to CG there is absolutely nothing wrong with proc rates on defense, they went and checked the code. We must all be crazy

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Since I never bother to use all my energy I just use the chromium on packs. Perfectly content to stick in the <2500 bracket so I can open one shipment a day. Level 51 and just trying to keep it fresh. Really sick of mk 3 droid callers though.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Enjoy g6 then, you'll be there for a while.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

It's fine, credits are also a thing in short supply in the late game.
I still haven't hit that although I've only been doing energy refills for about a month after buying chromium packs with my crystals for the first two or three weeks. I have 3.5M banked after getting 7* Greedo tonight. That will go down to 2.5M when I get another character worth leveling to 60 but I'm probably going to wait for the update this month and hope to have droids (and credits) to pick my two favorites up quickly.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
At least I got the 2x multiplier when I accidentally bought the credit pack. 1mil instead of 500k was nice.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

According to CG there is absolutely nothing wrong with proc rates on defense, they went and checked the code. We must all be crazy

I'm pretty sure they are just blatantly lying to us until they figure out how to make the AI less idiotic. With how bad the AI is, I don't even blame them for doing that, but it's stupidly frustrating to see the procs off Dooku, Phasma, and similar champs.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Malgrin posted:

I'm pretty sure they are just blatantly lying to us until they figure out how to make the AI less idiotic. With how bad the AI is, I don't even blame them for doing that, but it's stupidly frustrating to see the procs off Dooku, Phasma, and similar champs.

I'm working on a FOTP to add to my Phasma line up, because I'm literally Hitler.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

New Leaf posted:

Got Sidious finally. Not only is this motherfucker one of the most powerful units in the game, he's also insanely easy to gear up? I think I hate him.

He wants so many laptops.

Sheev needs 40 laptops just to put around his room, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

The way to get epic gear is to log in every 6 hours and buy all the Shipments you can for credits.

I do it habitually and randomly see people with complete epic stuff ready to be crafted and equipped.

• Locked thread