Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

CottonWolf posted:

It gave a justification for more Elizabeth in the other games, so I can't hate it too much.

This!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

U.T. Raptor posted:

My PS3 has been doing that too, it stopped uploading my saves around Christmas for no apparent reason (my Vita is still doing it just fine though :shrug:).

Oh thank God. My PS3 has been doing this too and I thought it was dying or something.

Izno
Sep 10, 2010

Nickoten posted:

How is ESF 4.1 compared to 2017 on the 360? Is still as satisfying to blow a giant spider away with a shotgun?

There are more ways to blow away giant spiders than ever. Also considering you didn't play 2025 you are in for an amazing time coming from 2017 as this is easily the best version of the game yet.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'd be happy for P3 FES on PS4, but I dunno if I can go back to not controlling my party members fully.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I really don't think party control is that big of a deal. I never felt it necessary to turn it on in any of my P4 runs either. There's just a bit of a learning curve to the AI commands is all.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Izno posted:

There are more ways to blow away giant spiders than ever. Also considering you didn't play 2025 you are in for an amazing time coming from 2017 as this is easily the best version of the game yet.

Sweet. Does it support offline co-op?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
That Odin Sphere demo was pretty darn great. The art was amazing on the PS2 version, and it's even better on the new one.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nickoten posted:

2025 has splitscreen i assume they didnt take it out

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

mikeycp posted:

I really don't think party control is that big of a deal. I never felt it necessary to turn it on in any of my P4 runs either. There's just a bit of a learning curve to the AI commands is all.

It's not usually bad or anything I just like controlling my party.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mr E posted:

I'd be happy for P3 FES on PS4, but I dunno if I can go back to not controlling my party members fully.

While watching Mitsuru cast Marin Karin repeatedly on everything, even if you are going to die, is sort of annoying, P3 FES is actually trivially easy with full party control.

Not having party control really isn't that big of a deal and I think the game is too easy with it

Izno
Sep 10, 2010

Nickoten posted:

It does support offline co-op and online multiplayer (grouping with friends / random people). The only thing it sadly dosen't support is taking your friend with you for online split-screen. Which leads to situations like last weekend where me and my two friends had 3 ps4's and 3 separate monitors in the same room playing online EDF which was a bit strange but awesome none the less

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
i"d get the complaints if the answer changed anything.

If anything all it adds is that erebus is what would have driven nyx to end the world, and is why the protagonist became a seal, not for nyx he 'fought' against, but erebus. Otherwise persona 3 ending comes off as, 'well he died so humanity is forever happy now'

yeah it's silly and anime, but if that's the only thing you choose to critically observe then there's nothing to discuss here.

So what's on sale this week?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't wait to see Leventhan's terrifying maw in 1080p with upscaled graphics and a good combat system

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!
edit: never mind

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Look at this motherfucker's face, he's absolutely terrifying

You're gonna get that poo poo in 1080p, it's gonna be beautiful.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh, Sony is reading this thread, as Dragon Age 2 is on sale for $6 in a Playstation Essentials sale, along with the GTA Trilogy on PS2 on PS4 for $17.49 and various other goodies.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

There's a Playstation 'Essentials' (ie: "old') games sale on. Activision still trying it's damndest to get people to pay over $20 for it's lovely Spider-man game.

I've been waiting for a good deal on AC: Black Flag, since I love the sailing bits and sea chanties so much. I'd quit it half-way though back in the day because the rest of the game is Assassin's Creed. It's on sale for $20 with or without the DLC.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh, and there's finally a sale on Xenogears you can thank me for since I bought it for full price recently. $3 for PS+ members ($4 for non-members).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe Xenogears finally went on sale within my lifetime

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Baal posted:

I can't wait to see Leventhan's terrifying maw in 1080p with upscaled graphics and a good combat system

I'd settle for a non-slideshow battle with Odette, personally.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

barren_sky posted:

There's a Playstation 'Essentials' (ie: "old') games sale on. Activision still trying it's damndest to get people to pay over $20 for it's lovely Spider-man game.

I've been waiting for a good deal on AC: Black Flag, since I love the sailing bits and sea chanties so much. I'd quit it half-way though back in the day because the rest of the game is Assassin's Creed. It's on sale for $20 with or without the DLC.
So, is the Black Flag with DLC worth it for the $0.01 extra?

I've been waiting to pick this up for a while now. I think I'll pick up Second Son as well for $11.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oxxidation posted:

I'd settle for a non-slideshow battle with Odette, personally.

Apparently we are getting that as well so we can all have our dreams come true

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

So, is the Black Flag with DLC worth it for the $0.01 extra?

I've been waiting to pick this up for a while now. I think I'll pick up Second Son as well for $11.

I would say that Freedom Cry is worth at least a penny, yes.

I'm in for a few of these old PS1 RPGs because I lost the discs and I'll pay $3 to own them again.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

univbee posted:

GTA Trilogy on PS2 on PS4 for $17.49 and various other goodies.

As in the PS4 versions of all 3 games for $17.49 combined? If so, that's a pretty good deal and I'll get this despite having (re)bought some of them on PS3.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Nail Rat posted:

As in the PS4 versions of all 3 games for $17.49 combined? If so, that's a pretty good deal and I'll get this despite having (re)bought some of them on PS3.

It is! I'm glad I didn't buy them separate.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, $20 for Gone Home and $30 for The War is Mine is more than I was expecting for both. I'm still probably dumb enough to rebuy Gone Home because I really like that game but $20 is pretty steep also considering how short it is.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
On the flip side, 7.50 for all 17 Capcom Arcade Cabinet games seems like a potentially pretty good deal.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the heck is Sony Rewards should I have been signed up for this?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This is a good sale for PS1 games.

Black Flag needs to drop sub $10 already.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

smh ultimax is on sale for $15 or something but the bundle with all the dlc is still a cool hundo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The DLC is all glasses an stuff right? The only DLC that matters would be the characters which you can buy separately.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Characters, Music, Glasses, Arena Story Mode, Challenge 30 solutions, I think some of the Navigators were still DLC

That game has a stupid amount of DLC

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wild Arms 3 is going to come out on ps4 soon but i'm tempted to check out the original for 2 dollars now unless your guys think it didn't age well or something. i have a real problem with buying and not playing more than a few hours of ps1 rpgs

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Real hurthling! posted:

Wild Arms 3 is going to come out on ps4 soon but i'm tempted to check out the original for 2 dollars now unless your guys think it didn't age well or something. i have a real problem with buying and not playing more than a few hours of ps1 rpgs

I suspect you'll do the same with WA. It's not a bad ps1 RPG, but it's a ps1 RPG through and through.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wild Arms 1's graphics have aged like butt (more the battle graphics than the map graphics) but it has some pretty good dungeon design.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Unlike 2, you can't skip encounters, right?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Is Xenogears playable on PS4 or only PS3?

Also, Wild Arms is one of the earliest PS1 JRPGs, so if you cut it a little slack, I think there's still a lot to enjoy.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I wanted to get Xenogears but those graphics are just total crap, PS1 3d titles have really aged like poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xenogears is playable on vita, psp, and ps3 and actually i find its graphics to be pretty charming vs. other games from the time.

I'll probably skip WA then and just get WA3 in a couple weeks/months when it launches for emulation

One last question: SotN only shows up in the ps3 section and not in the vita section of the sale - is it one of those rare "must have a ps3 to play it on vita" games or is it just another psn oversight? thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

qbert posted:

Is Xenogears playable on PS4 or only PS3?

Also, Wild Arms is one of the earliest PS1 JRPGs, so if you cut it a little slack, I think there's still a lot to enjoy.

None of the PSOne classics are playable on PS4

• Locked thread