Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao what a dink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I'm glad someone pirated the game and posted about it and said it was a stable release because now I preordered this extremely cool looking video game and I'm ready to play on December 15, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

sicDaniel posted:

At least it's not like in the steam forums where one guy makes a thread "look at my twitch stream of the pirated version".

Someone do this.

Control Volume posted:

I'm glad someone pirated the game and posted about it and said it was a stable release because now I preordered this extremely cool looking video game and I'm ready to play on December 15, 2016

Don't worry, people with some patience have known all that for months

edit: And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be that guy who's like "tut tut you DIRTY PIRATES deserve retribution for your terrible misdeeds" or anything like that, I'm just lolling at you if you couldn't wait 3 days for a video game

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah we got it the first few times

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

CJacobs posted:

edit: And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be that guy who's like "tut tut you DIRTY PIRATES deserve retribution for your terrible misdeeds" or anything like that, I'm just lolling at you if you couldn't wait 3 days for a video game

I'm glad you clarified because it really came off as the former and made you look like a baby.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015

CJacobs posted:

People itt talking openly about their pirated copies should feel great shame and enjoy their malware

T'is fearsome wroth!

Ojetor posted:

Post-Dragon, you can buy a item from the pawn vendor at the camp near Cassardis that lets you remake your character as much as you want. It straight up opens the character creation screen and lets you alter whatever you want. Pre-Dragon you can buy a one-use item that does the same, but it's not worth it (the infinite thing only costs twice as much, IIRC).

And yeah you can try out all classes with no real disadvantages. Your character will be marginally better at some classes than others depending on the stat growths you earned, but honestly nothing is hard enough in this game to make the difference really matter.

Good, good. I like the difficulty so far. It's not so easy the excitement of the fights suffer but it's not so hard I get killed for playing dressup with suboptimal gear either.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

What's ridiculous about wanting to play a game early? Especially if there's no cost to you?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hate this lovely mountain internet connection, I've been pre-loading for 3 days now and I'm only at 61%. I might not be able to have the game pre-loaded in time for launch lmao

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Control Volume posted:

The worst technical issue is that I'm getting occasional popping sounds in the audio every couple of hours, which may have been a problem with the console releases too. The audio overall is super quiet as well. I have to max out my computer's volume, and I normally have it set to 10 instead of 100.

Apparently some people are encountering crashes at certain points of the game, so that's worth keeping in mind. I haven't crashed once.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Whatever happened to Dragon's Dogma online? Wouldn't translating that make more sense and easier than making a sequel? Or is that just a bad game?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Genocyber posted:

What's ridiculous about wanting to play a game early? Especially if there's no cost to you?

The potential cost of the torrent being tracked and/or having a virus and/or bitcoin mining program in it does not seem like it'd be worth the 3-ish days of waiting you save to me. Maybe it is to other people, but I really don't agree.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 12, 2016

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tae posted:

Whatever happened to Dragon's Dogma online? Wouldn't translating that make more sense and easier than making a sequel? Or is that just a bad game?

It's still going. Apparently the game itself is really fun, but it's wrapped in terrible MMO pricing schemes. Hopefully the west gets a less lovely version of it at some point.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tae posted:

It's still around, it actually got a loving sweet new class recently. It would probably be easier to bring over, but then again Dragon's Dogma is apparently runs on MTFramework which is made for PCs and then ported to consoles, so it was likely even easier to put on PC even more than a regular port.

I really do want DDO though

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dragon's Dogma with full online co-op is the dream. :swoon:

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I just wish I had a working monitor right now so I could pre-load the drat game. Hope my graphics card isn't shot. :smith:

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
I'll probably still buy it once it's up for real. Good game and the pawn system means it'll be really hard to do this rift crystal thing effectively offline.

Speaking of which, support pawns. They seem to level way too slow to ever be useful for more than a couple levels. Is that just how it is? Is there a way to get support pawns going for longer term?

Mister Bup fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 12, 2016

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Im_Special posted:

Steam Group for Dragon's Dogma, it should make life easier seeing who's online, and where all those random friend invites are coming from later down the road. Can even put in a Google spreadsheet for characters there and mark it as private viewing, if we do something like that.

Just post in here or PM me your Steam Profile for an invite.

Oh, and showing off why Dragon's Dogma has the most perfect character creator.

Please add me on the Steam group.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I want to preorder this but my better judgment speaks against that decision. This game is great fun but I don't have high hopes this won't be a broken mess for at least a month post release

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mister Bup posted:

I'll probably still buy it once it's up for real. Good game and the pawn system means it'll be really hard to do this rift crystal thing effectively offline.

You should definitely buy the game. Capcom is hinging DD2 on PC sales. If they get more confidence in the franchise and allow the sequel to have the same scope as originally planned for DD you could be looking at the best action RPG.

I really want to fight moon goblins.

Bob NewSCART posted:

I want to preorder this but my better judgment speaks against that decision. This game is great fun but I don't have high hopes this won't be a broken mess for at least a month post release

The port runs perfectly.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Dragon's Dogma with full online co-op is the dream. :swoon:
That'd be amazing. :allears:
Also anyone knows where the pre-loaded files are stored? I know the game won't release until the 15th, but I was wondering if I could access the artwork book or the soundtrack that come with it without having to way another few days. :shobon:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Fish Fry Andy posted:

You should definitely buy the game. Capcom is hinging DD2 on PC sales. If they get more confidence in the franchise and allow the sequel to have the same scope as originally planned for DD you could be looking at the best action RPG.

The port runs perfectly.

How does one know this

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Fish Fry Andy posted:

It's still going. Apparently the game itself is really fun, but it's wrapped in terrible MMO pricing schemes.

Can you go into specifics here? I've been playing the game for a while on and off and not interacted with the pay currency at all but it seems like the only kind of stuff you can buy are convenience things like quick resurrects and cosmetic things.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Bob NewSCART posted:

How does one know this

It was leaked a few days ago.

Clever Spambot posted:

Can you go into specifics here? I've been playing the game for a while on and off and not interacted with the pay currency at all but it seems like the only kind of stuff you can buy are convenience things like quick resurrects and cosmetic things.

I'm just going off of hearsay, sorry.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Mister Bup posted:

Speaking of which, support pawns. They seem to level way too slow to ever be useful for more than a couple levels. Is that just how it is? Is there a way to get support pawns going for longer term?

Not really, Pawns are meant to be cycled in and out. Re-hire the same pawn and hope their Master has been playing and leveling them up (and making them Utilitarian/tactics).

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The potential cost of the torrent being tracked and/or having a virus and/or bitcoin mining program in it does not seem like it'd be worth the 3-ish days of waiting you save to me. Maybe it is to other people, but I really don't agree.

I've never had any of these things happen to me so

Fish Fry Andy posted:

It was leaked a few days ago.

Also, prior to that Capcom was giving review copies to every Youtuber and their grandmother (probably how it got leaked in the first place).

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Anyone who still wants to purchase, I can confirm that the 25% off GMG coupon from Page 1 still works as of yesterday.

I won't judge people for piracy, but I also would like Capcom to actually focus on some of their good franchises. DD2 would be nice.

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo

Fish Fry Andy posted:

The port runs perfectly.

The original map Itsuno drew up for Dragon's Dogma.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I love that Endless Tower turned into Inverse Endless Tower slash Everfall.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mazzletoff posted:

Pawn tanking - an idiot's guide:

This is the build. That base MDEF is enough where your pawn won't get oneshot in high level BBI areas, which is why we even bothered with it. A lot of pawn tanking is about what YOU do during combat, as well as their Inclinations. The inclinations you want, in no particular order:

• Mitigator (Pawn will deal with melee trash mobs)
  • Pioneer (Pawn will run out ahead and engage - really good for tanks)
  • Scather (Pawn will focus big enemies first)
  • Utilitarian (Pawn will use buffs and the like more often. The best thing.)

Challenger is good for Sorceror/Strider Pawns, because they're ranged. Basically the way a tank pawn works is they stick with either warrior or fighter, and you try to maximize their HP first and their SP second. After level 100, they have enough HP - around 4~4.1k HP; which is insane, considering that the maximum HP you can possibly get is 5.8k (Fighter start, Warrior Lv10~100, Fighter 101~200) - but that leaves you with 168 MDef, and at the start of post-game content like Everfall and BBI, you'll basically have your pawn get oneshot by literally everything that is magic, which is terrible, hence the levels of Sorceror. Strider is purely for SP so that your pawn can throw out a lot more aggro draw and multiple enemy moves; hence Fighter/Warrior.

Moves to not put on your Pawn:

Do not make a Tank Pawn with Stone Wall! It's terrible and means that everytime you spam help to try and con the Mage Pawn into loving buffing already, your tank will stone wall and won't move for a bit. It's obnoxious.

Moves to put on your Pawn:

The general setup you want is 1 aggro draw, 1 single target, and 1 multi target. For Fighter, for example, the setup I use is:

sword
Dragon's Maw (Single Target DPS)
Blink Strike (Gap Closer)
Full Moon Slash (Multi Target)

shield
Shield Drum (Must, Hate Generator.)
Divine Defense (Lowers ST cost.)
Sheltered Assault/Springboard (Depends on what you want. SA is good if you want to block from all directions, allowing more survivability. Springboard is good if you plan to climb all over dudes all the time forever.)

Basically, train your pawn. If you're squishy, run away from mobs when you're low. Your pawn will learn to dive and draw aggro CONSTANTLY if you're strafing around, which is absolutely fantastic.

Requesting a mage/support pawn version of this sweet write up :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Bob NewSCART posted:

Why would you think that? I thought Capcom has a pretty good track record with these super late PC ports. DMC4SE worked fine.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I really want a mod that makes it to where the Assassin can use armor that is normally restricted to fighters/knights/warriors. I loving hate how tiny the assassin's selection is. I just wanna wear my surcoat and crusader helmet and still be able to attack air targets! Mystic Knight is cool, but I hate how slow those spells are, and having to use great cannon or a staff for any air target is annoying compared to the assassin. I would prefer to use a fighter, but gently caress not being able to fight nearly half of the enemies in the game without relying on your mentally challenged pawns to attack them for you.

I just wannna be an assassin and still wear cool armor. I really hope someone makes a mod for that.

Xavieri
Dec 26, 2008
Could do with an invite, please.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

Requesting a mage/support pawn version of this sweet write up :v:

I could do this because that's what I'm gonna be rolling with. Someone else probably will before I finish work tho.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mazzletoff posted:

The original map Itsuno drew up for Dragon's Dogma.

I am glad that this game didn't end up featuring an elven sanctuary, or any elves at all.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Oh drat, I forgot Genocyber made the PC thread. I've been spending the last few days answering newbie questions in the 4chan threads, which have been blowing up with activity obviously. Already a good bit of mod work happening and apparently ENB is suspending work on Fallout 4 to work on the Dogma PC release :dance:

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
In terms of the charming pawn chatter, there's one that I never understood, or wondered if it was misplaced. In the dead woods near the church, where you can fight a chimera, my pawns always said something along the lines of 'I wonder how deep it is'. It's just a hillside and a forest; I assume it was meant for a gorge or something but got assigned to this rather innocuous place.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Woods can be "deep," as in expansive, but it could equally be an error like you said

or

OR

they're referring to the chimera's rear end in a top hat, because you're about to get deep in that poo poo

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Feel free to add this Arisen as well to your friend list: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Friegolit/

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Thanks for the invite to the group.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend as well, I will accept because my friendlist is severely lacking and I will be desiring some pawnfriends for the journey: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CVagts/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

http://steamcommunity.com/id/AnimeLord/

Pimping my profile for a group invite.

If anyone wants a free, massively over-leveled pawn come release feel free to shoot me a friend request. :)