Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
(From the thread Pope again stresses 'dialogue' with other religions as video depicts all as equal

quote:

To: Faith Presses On

Islam has been at war with everyone else since 622 A.D.

It is not like any other religion.

It calls upon believers to subjugate, convert or kill everyone else on the planet.

9 posted on 12/01/2016, 17:15:04 by Lurkinanloomin (Know Islam, No Peace - No Islam, Know Peace)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Faith Presses On
This contradicts John 14:6 where Christ made it crystal clear that it is only through Him and Him alone does anyone go to the Father.

No Buddha

No Mohammad

No Mary

None
10 posted on 12/01/2016, 17:18:43 by ealgeone
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

:ironicat: much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Radish posted:

LOL at the guy that inferred counting slaves as one person for the purposes of representation was benevolent.

"We want them to count towards population total, but letting them vote? gently caress THAT NOISE."

They wanted it because they knew it'd balloon their totals in the House of Representatives, nothing more.

I'm reminded of the guy from Kingdom of Heaven that Balian encounters on his way to the Holy Land. "To kill an infidel is not murder! It is the path to Heaven!"

Say what you want about Ridley Scott or Orlando Bloom, but that movie does a very good job capturing the "our way or the loving highway" attitude Christians of the time had, and the way that the con artists among them exploited fear and racism to get what they wanted.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 12, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, the three fifths a person for every slave was all about appeasing the yankee aggressor and not adding more gerrymandered votes to an already corrupt government where certain states were in the pockets of very wealthy slave owners. God do I love to STILL see people continue to perpetuate Lost Cause bullshit in thinking the South was economically weaker to the North when they had A loving SLAVE SYSTEM. No matter how terrible Irish Immigrants or Kids in Factories were treated by your most Charles Dickensian Northern Captain of Industry, they would never be able to compete with an economy that doesn't have to pay their workers jack poo poo. It wasn't so long ago that Historians the world over believed every part of this unfounded nonsense until actual economists and not southern apologists started to actually dig through the numbers and see that the rebellion of the South wasn't a bunch of poor farmers against the rich factories of the North, it was a small number of very wealthy land owners playing off states rights pride to try and carve out their own country that would let them profit even more off of Slavery and guarantee it stays in the south forever. And no matter how much Sherman may have burned the south, the most damaging thing to the Southern economy was all of the potential male workers leaving to fight the war AKA their own self inflicted stupidity. You can't have an agrarian society without a lot of farmers to till their fields or manage your slave population, jackass!

Hell, it wasn't like the Antebellum south was devoid of factories either as in the case of the Woodville Mill down in Mississippi. What under performed and bankrupt under free labor mysteriously turned a profit when they could simply purchase their workers and didn't have to deal with all the rights white workers had. If the South waited a few decades to rebel they could have probably had a good shot to match the north's factory output, but then again the only reason why slavery ended at all in the US is because they loving freaked at Lincoln and declared war first. There was far too much money to be burned trying to pay any kind of concession to the South to "let go of their property" and entire economy for any peaceful end to slavery and they could just as easily politically blockade anything Lincoln could propose in congress just like current congressional stonewalling towards anything tied to Obama.

And that's why the South will never rise again to make sure good old Freep racism continues to fester. Besides the fact that most of them are too chicken poo poo or morbidly obese to actually fight the US. :rant:

I still love how the South assumed that Britain would support them, but Britain had a huge problem with Slavery and realized they could get their cotton from India.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
WaPo (Op-Ed): Ted Cruz Not Eligible

quote:

I'll only comment on the hypocrisy in the mainstream media, which has treated the Cruz issue seriously with well-researched articles and published opinions from learned scholars of constitutional law, whereas with Obama it was strictly ridicule. But the fact remains, Cruz isn't eligible.
1 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:09:44 AM by Behind the Blue Wall

quote:

To: Behind the Blue Wall
Yep. Citizen, not Nat. Born.

2 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:11:26 AM by moehoward

quote:

So Wait, let me get this straight. Two Mexicans can sneak across the border, Zero Percent American in any way.
Punch out a baby 400 Feet in Texas and that Kid is a 100% American entitled to all our rights and benefits?

But An American Citizen who is in another country and has a baby, THAT baby isn't an American Citizen? Even if he was born to an American?

WTF kind of sense does that make!?

Oh Wait it doesn't because Ted Cruz IS an American Citizen through and through.

4 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:13:26 AM by KC_Lion (The fences are going up all over Europe. We shall not see them down again in our lifetime.)

quote:

To: Behind the Blue Wall; All
I think Cruz falls into the "eligible" category as do all children of American citizens do if those children happen to be born in a foreign country.
I ONLY know this because there WERE pregnant American women in the KSA who gave birth there too. Their children were considered U.S. citizens.

Of course, maybe the laws have changed.

6 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:16:40 AM by cloudmountain

quote:

Yet they have no problem with Obama hiding everything about his past.

10 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:17:15 AM by Blood of Tyrants (There's a right to gay marriage in the Constitution but there is no right of an unborn baby to life.)

quote:

To: moehoward
I know Cruzies don’t want to hear it but Trump is right.

We need to restore the rule of law. And eligibility is another area that needs clarification by the courts and election processes put in place to confirm eligibility of candidates before elections.

What’s more, Trump even outlined a process whereby Cruz could get a Federal court to rule on the matter and settle it.

11 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:17:20 AM by DannyTN

quote:

To: KC_Lion
No one said Cruz is not an American citizen, just not natural born, why is that so hard too understand?

13 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:17:35 AM by eastforker (The only time you can be satisfied is when your all Trump.)

quote:

Democrats will suddenly discover this argument, en masse, in September of this year, if Cruz is our nominee.

That much you can bet on.

14 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:17:37 AM by samtheman (Elect Trump, Build Wall.)

quote:

20 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:19:12 AM by South40 (Ted Cruz = the only conservative in the race)

quote:

So we are now referring to English interpretation of English law? What ever happened to the concept of a Republic governed by IT`S own laws and any domestic interpretations of them? Carried to furthest extent, you could then say international law and their interpretations now trumps American laws and our`s. That is at the heart of why we had a war of Independence, we`re free to make our own laws and interpretations of them..
21 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:19:27 AM by nomad

quote:

See? If Obama had been a Republican, he would have been destroyed over his eligibility. Cruz will be destroyed over his eligibility, because he’s not a Democrat and isn’t a dark skinned Hispanic.

24 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:19:55 AM by Greetings_Puny_Humans (I mostly come out at night... mostly.)

quote:

There’s no legal category of citizenship called “naturalized at birth but not natural born”. It doesn’t exist. Cruz is absolutely eligible.

29 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:21:20 AM by Campion (Halten Sie sich unbedingt an die Lehre!)

quote:

Cruz who is acting like he doesn’t want to be thrown into the brier patch surly knows that if he is not natural born citizen neither is OBAMA. To get a settled judgment for his situation also nullifies the current presidents term.

So it seems he or another current candidate WOULD have standing to obtain a decision from the SCOTUS. Rand Paul may since being removed from debate stage have the best standing thus far.

Remember Trumps sister was an appellate jurist She was a colleague and close friend of Sam Alito. They had up to his appointment to SC an identical record.

Thomas admitted the court was discussing the issue way back.

31 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:21:30 AM by hoosiermama

quote:

To: cloudmountain
Citizens, yes. Natural born citizens, no. Statutory citizenship = citizen. Common law citizen = natural born citizen.

33 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:22:01 AM by Behind the Blue Wall

quote:

To: DannyTN
Trump is an idiot. Article III courts don’t make declaratory judgements and the Naturalization Act of 1790 is the one and only document that defined natural born citizens. And it was made law by the First Congress which is exactly what Article III courts look toward when interpreting original intent.

35 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:22:51 AM by jwalsh07

quote:

Obama was eligible, ANYONE is now eligible.

You are fighting for your country. Your constitution isn’t followed anymore. Better fight to win.

39 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:24:14 AM by CodeToad (Islam should be banned and treated as a criminal enterprise!)

quote:

To: Responsibility2nd
About your tagline, answer me this.

Was Ted Cruz a Canadian citizen until about 18 months ago?

Why the answer is, yes he was. So, how can you be natural born citizen and also hold Canadian citizenship? The answer is you can not hold duel citizenship and still be considered a natural born American citizen.

Now, do I think Ted Cruz is an honorable man, why yes I do, would he make a good president, I think so. Does he meet eligibility requirements, unfortunately no he does not.

45 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:26:20 AM by eastforker (The only time you can be satisfied is when your all Trump.)

quote:

If 0bongo be legit den Cruz be too!

46 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:26:28 AM by rockrr (Everything is different now...)

quote:

The fact remains, Cruz isn't eligible.

Quite the contrary -- the fact remains, Cruz is eligible. Under the Nationalities Act, his mother's status as an American citizen who had been an American citizen for at lest 10 years, at lest 5 of them since the age of 14, makes her son a natural-born citizen, regardless of his place of birth.

This means Cruz is eligible regardless, but it makes 0bama's place of birth critical, since his mom was only 18 when he was born, and therefore could not have been a citizen for at least five years after the age of 14.

Mark Levin explained all this a week or so ago.

This entire issue is a distraction to keep us from discussing actual issues. it shows how afraid of Cruz the Establishment and the Trumpkins are. They know that if their candidates' records are exposed, they'll lose.

48 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:26:36 AM by TBP (Obama lies, Granny dies.)

quote:

To: eastforker; Behind the Blue Wall; Norm Lenhart
Why is it so hard to understand that if you are born to an American, you are an American citizen from Birth?
No Matter if its Canada, Germany or the Panama Canal Zone.

50 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:27:36 AM by KC_Lion (The fences are going up all over Europe. We shall not see them down again in our lifetime.)

That's just from the first 50 of 175 (and counting) posts.

This could get bad enough for a 2008 style purge, if jrob ever comes down hard for one of the candidates.

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 12, 2016

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

WaPo (Op-Ed): Ted Cruz Not Eligible

This could get bad enough for a 2008 style purge, if jrob ever comes down hard for one of the candidates.
I think Freep's numbers are small enough now that JRob is unlikely to undercut his family's standard of living by purging a big chunk of his userbase - which means the Trump/Cruz RINO/True Conservative wars could rage unchecked all the way through November, and beyond. :allears:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Oh man, we haven't even started voting yet and they're already having a civil war on freep. This is somehow going to be even more fun than the last two and those were hilarious.

edit

kik2dagroin posted:

Rachel Carson (author of "Silent Spring" which resulted in the DDT ban and is used as a form of population control): 60-80 MILLION deaths and rising every year

Wait, what? :psyduck:

I get being upset with Sanger, but Carson? That's like being upset with the person that banned lead paint.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 12, 2016

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Sir Tonk posted:

Environmentalism is just a secret communist plot to kill all real Americans with malaria

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Malaria does kill a lot of people, but I wouldn't think most of them 'counted' to freep

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Malaria does kill a lot of people, but I wouldn't think most of them 'counted' to freep

Please, they respect them by using the whole of those they harm for their political gain :smuggo:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Now let me tell you how Planned Parenthood is history's greatest monster because of all those adorable little black babies they've heartlessly butchered.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Sir Tonk posted:

Oh man, we haven't even started voting yet and they're already having a civil war on freep. This is somehow going to be even more fun than the last two and those were hilarious.

edit

I get being upset with Sanger, but Carson? That's like being upset with the person that banned lead paint.

the critique is banning ddt has killed people via preventable illness and the benefits of the ban do not outweigh the harms

these people are massively inflating the potential harm and are morons

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

They forgot one from that list

Fritz Haber: Nazi, inventor of artificial fertilizer, reason that 2+ billion people are alive today (also a bad person)

I guess this puts atheists in front if you're willing to count weird neo-pagans as atheists!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Haber was a Jew who was exiled from Nazi Germany. He did a lot of work in chemical weapons though, so he probably has a spot at the bad person table.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
The only pro-DDT argument that holds water is that if we would have just waited a little longer before banning it, we might have totally eliminated bedbugs (it's too late now though)

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Alter Ego posted:

I'm reminded of the guy from Kingdom of Heaven that Balian encounters on his way to the Holy Land. "To kill an infidel is not murder! It is the path to Heaven!"

Say what you want about Ridley Scott or Orlando Bloom, but that movie does a very good job capturing the "our way or the loving highway" attitude Christians of the time had, and the way that the con artists among them exploited fear and racism to get what they wanted.

I'd be wary of taking much of anything from that movie as good history and especially wary of using terms like racism for an event that vastly predates what we think of as racism.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007
The US banned DDT in 1972... Eight years after Rachel Carson died. Man she's good. And it was banned for only agricultural use. People in Africa can and still do use it for malaria, while we in the US have progressed since DDT was first introduced in the 30s. Although its use is creating DDT-resistant mosquitoes, which is always fun.

After I heard about this originally and stopped laughing at the irony, I thought about why Rachel Carson isn't held up atop a great mountain of Conservatives (from Wikipedia, although I first heard it elsewhere):

quote:

... the US ban on DDT is cited by scientists as a major factor in the comeback of the bald eagle (the national bird of the United States)...

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

The only countries that will survive the invasion are those who rely heavily on their Christian roots, like Czechoslovakia and Hungary.

Ooh, got some bad news for you there, chief...

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Ooh, got some bad news for you there, chief...

I assume he just meant Slovakia, that juggernaut of financial and military power? Or he's not aware the Czech are the most atheist people outside of Scandinavia?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
So apparently two small USN patrol boats had mechanical problems near Iranian waters earlier today. They drifted into Iran's territory and 10 U.S. sailors got taken into custody. Iran held them until they were able to determine it really was just a problem with the boats. They're going to meet up to return the sailors to a U.S. ship, probably tomorrow.

I'm sure Freep isn't going to overreact at all.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3382902/posts

quote:

Iran could kill all those hostages and nothing would happen to them from this bunch.

2 posted on 1/12/2016, 6:40:51 PM by ColdOne (I miss my poochie... Tasha 2000~3/14/11 HillaryForPrison2016)

WHY DIDN'T WE SHOOT SOMEONE IN THEIR OWN HOME??? :doom:

quote:

This is serious BS.

Riverine boats are small...but generally armed to the teeth, and fast.

If there were two and one started drifting, why didn’t the other one tow it to safety?

Or, if things started getting dicey, why didn’t the guys on the one get on the other and high tail it?

Failing all of that, why didn’t they call for help and then light up the approaching Iranian craft?

something is seriously not right about this story. One day we will know what it is.

This is crazy.

When the Iranians attempted to phase Reagan in the 1980s, he blew the hell out of the Iranian Navy in a day. Google Operation Preying Mantis.

We have a rag tag, coastal defense force taking US sailors prisoner?

Give them 8 hours to give us EVERYTHING back, and then unleash hell.

19 posted on 1/12/2016, 6:47:32 PM by Jeff Head (Semper Fidelis - Molon Labe - Sic Semper Tyrannis)

quote:

Jimmy Carter = Iran hostage situation.
Answer...Ronald Reagan.
Barak Obama = Iran hostage situation.
Answer...Donald Trump?

33 posted on 1/12/2016, 7:14:08 PM by tet68 ( " We would not die in that man's company, that fears his fellowship to die with us...." Henry V.)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DeusExMachinima posted:

So apparently two small USN patrol boats had mechanical problems near Iranian waters earlier today. They drifted into Iran's territory and 10 U.S. sailors got taken into custody. Iran held them until they were able to determine it really was just a problem with the boats. They're going to meet up to return the sailors to a U.S. ship, probably tomorrow.

I'm sure Freep isn't going to overreact at all.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3382902/posts

Ah yes, what better example of straight and honest dealings in the middle east than old Ronnie Reagan

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
And yes surely after all the effort they've put into getting out of the poo poo and restoring trade relations with the west Iran's going to say 'nah let's take these dudes hostage'.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Ah yes, what better example of straight and honest dealings in the middle east than old Ronnie Reagan

Gotta admit though, dude was killer at making accepting deals to get Americans home from Iran.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Feinne posted:

And yes surely after all the effort they've put into getting out of the poo poo and restoring trade relations with the west Iran's going to say 'nah let's take these dudes hostage'.

This is a chance for Iran to commit evil against the United States, Islam's number one reason for being.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Guavanaut posted:

Haber was a Jew who was exiled from Nazi Germany. He did a lot of work in chemical weapons though, so he probably has a spot at the bad person table.

He was so dedicated to developing chemical weapons that it drove his wife to suicide, and he didn't even pause his work. I don't have a hard time calling him a terrible person.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

This is a chance for Iran to commit evil against the United States, Islam's number one reason for being.

No, no, no - Iran will free the hostages, because why would they want to harm their fellow Islamite, 0bamalamadingd0ngallzeroshessuchaloserfuckhimfuckhimfuckhimfuckhimnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggeeeerrrrrbama

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

We will not rest until every soldier is brought homewait he brought some home? Well they're traitors, draw and quarter them immediately.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

DrProsek posted:

We will not rest until every soldier is brought homewait he brought some home? Well they're traitors, draw and quarter them immediately.

"Give us our soldiers back so we can kill them ourselves!" sounds pretty :black101: out of context.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

DeusExMachinima posted:

Is he seriously wondering why the US soldiers did not suddenly open fire on an Iranian rescue craft that they sent for? What is wrong with these people's brains.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Live Thread: 2016 State of the Union Address (9 p.m. EST 1/12/16) Followed by GOP at 10 p.m.
I am picking up at the point of the Republican ResponseAddress to the SOTU

quote:

To: TornadoAlley3
Hey Nikki KMA:
[confederateflag.png]

1,212 posted on 1/12/2016, 7:23:26 PM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1198 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Impy
Nikki is RINO.

1,231 posted on 01/12/2016 7:25:29 PM PST by TornadoAlley3 (I like Trump or Cruz. Leave me the heck alone.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1226 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: TornadoAlley3
Nikki is RINO.
Didn't realize this. Thanks.

1,438 posted on 01/12/2016 9:29:29 PM PST by Mr Apple ( MULLAH OBAMA - NO TO ALL ISLAMIC MIGRANT MUSLIM RAPEFUGEES - KEEP EM OUT!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1231 | View Replies ]

Note how quickly the conversation turns racist

quote:

To: Windcatcher
Now to budget ours selves against the propaganda he just spewed

1,199 posted on 1/12/2016, 7:21:25 PM by mylife
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1177 | View Replies]

quote:

To: mylife
Nikki looks frumpy :o(

1,206 posted on 1/12/2016, 7:22:58 PM by Clint N. Suhks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1199 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Clint N. Suhks
Where are her bottom teeth

oh,and she sucks

1,232 posted on 1/12/2016, 7:25:39 PM by advertising guy (When Hillary said "we have ISIS where we want em",who knew she meant Vegas)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1206 | View Replies]

quote:

To: advertising guy
She’s boring and weak, as usual.

1,240 posted on 1/12/2016, 7:27:11 PM by dandiegirl (BO)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1232 | View Replies]

quote:

To: dandiegirl; wardaddy; Salamander
Leave it to the GOPe to select a Hindu import who holds in contempt the ancestors of the people who elected her.

And Nimrata “Nikki” Randhawa Haley just reminded them of how she equates the Battle Flag with hate.

What is wrong with South Carolina? They elect Lindsey Graham and this Indian carpet bagger.

1,277 posted on 1/12/2016, 7:31:45 PM by Pelham (Muslim immigration...the enemy is inside the wire.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1240 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Pelham
Nikki Haley isn’t a “ Hindu Import “. She was born in South Carolina.

- you bring up her being of Indian ancestry. Why?

There are some very fine, hard working Americans of Indian ancestry. With some luck, none of them are on this web site reading your post.

1,312 posted on 1/12/2016, 7:38:04 PM by warsaw44
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1277 | View Replies]

quote:

To: warsaw44
Who are you kidding? South Carolinans are proud of the Battle Flag and their ancestors. It takes a grasping third world import like Nimrata Nikki Randhawa to pull off what she did. If your precious Brahmins are offended by Americans there’s an outbound plane leaving for Mumbai every day. Feel free to use it.

1,362 posted on 1/12/2016, 7:59:14 PM by Pelham (Muslim immigration...the enemy is inside the wire.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1312 | View Replies]

quote:

yeah...she was born here. She’s an American. Like it not. Deal with it.

You aren’t going to be able to get rid of the Indians, the Catholics and whomever else you don’t like. Its just not going to happen.

1,371 posted on 1/12/2016, 8:08:14 PM by warsaw44
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1362 | View Replies]

quote:

I am dealing with it. You just don’t happen to like it when I do. Being born here makes her as American as, oh, Barack Obama. And she obviously has no more love for America than he does. Just another power grubbing alien.

“You aren’t going to be able to get rid of the Indians, the Catholics and whomever else you don’t like”

Cute. Apparently you are an ignoramus unaware of Catholicism’s lengthy history in South Carolina. Like the bigoted Indian import Governor you think everyone who honors the Battle Flag belongs to the KKK and hates Catholics.

1,386 posted on 1/12/2016, 8:21:20 PM by Pelham (Muslim immigration...the enemy is inside the wire.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1371 | View Replies]

quote:

Hey, your the one bringing up “ Hindu “ and “ Indian Carpet Bager “ . I can only imagine the endless numbers of people you hate.

What type of person brings up a person’s ancestry in a political debate - and Hindu? The woman’s a Christian convert.

1,407 posted on 1/12/2016, 8:39:48 PM by warsaw44
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1386 | View Replies]

quote:

Haley gets a pass from you for impugning native South Carolinans as hatemongers but you get all upset if she simply gets characterized with the religion of her ancestors. So group labeling is fine for you if Haley does it, but it’s not okay when it’s done to her. I get it.

BTW, does ‘Hindu’ bother you so much because that’s one of the groups that you hate? Or is that sort of smear only fun for you when you do it?

1,454 posted on 1/12/2016, 11:06:57 PM by Pelham (Muslim immigration...the enemy is inside the wire.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1407 | View Replies]
freepers: I can only imagine the endless numbers of people you hate.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The world would be so much better if more Freepers would say "Didn't realize that. Thanks" more often. You know, like when objective reality is presented to them.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Elephant Ambush posted:

The world would be so much better if more Freepers would say "Didn't realize that. Thanks" more often. You know, like when objective reality is presented to them.

You correct, but this thread would not likely exist if your wish was reality.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Bait and Swatch posted:

You correct, but this thread would not likely exist if your wish was reality.

I'll take that trade. Plus there's always more wackos to make fun of somewhere else.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Their topics about the Iran story are hilarious given how much they wanted a repeat of what happened to Carter. Instead the whole thing was over before most people had even heard of it.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Pfft real presidents get people out of Iran with weapons deals.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Uhh excuse me Saint Ron got those hostages back just by taking his shirt off and flexing in the direction of Iran like MY COP HUSBAND Vladamir Putin would do how dare you imply anything else.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

bobkatt013 posted:

I still love how the South assumed that Britain would support them, but Britain had a huge problem with Slavery and realized they could get their cotton from India.

I've been digging into local history and I understand why the belief was widespread at least. The areas that agitated longest and hardest for secession (I.E the areas around Savannah & Charleston) had a strain of luxury cotton that was like ten times the value per pound. So their sense of King Cotton's worth was as inflated as the prices. Of course the irony is that eight months into the war the Union steams into this area basically unopposed and the slaveowners run the gently caress away. The Union sets up shop and seizes the plantations, sells them to the freedmen and gives them guns and education, and African Americans keep political office for a full fifty years after the Civil War.

The Sea Island Experiment is a fun "what-if", and I'm glad I've seen it in some history textbooks :allears:

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

It's funny because the British DID support them, just not to the extent they needed. They bought millions in Confederate bonds (I have a sheet on my wall) but wouldn't give any material support because of the whole, you know, slavery thing.

Years after the war Britain tried to come back to the US and redeem the bonds and America laughed until it was covered in drool.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Funny thing is if he had still been alive Lincoln might have actually pushed for honoring the bonds since he really kinda wanted to 'no harm no foul' the whole thing as much as possible.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
A lot of the British establishment was very supportive of the CSA, if only because it would have been in the UK's best geopoliticial interest if the rising superpower of the USA was split into two separate countries, each at the others' throat.

This is why the Emancipation Proclamation was so important. Once Lincoln turned the conflict into a fight to end slavery, it became very hard for the (liberal, abolitionist, anti-slavery) UK to support the CSA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Jeb Bush Passes Marco Rubio, Moves Into Third Nationally

quote:

To: jimbo123
The magic of a pocket full of turtles

2 posted on 1/13/2016, 11:57:39 AM by Sybeck1 (John Hardy Allen 10-6-44 - 11-23-15)

quote:

To: Sybeck1
This further ensures a Trump (or if Trump falters, Cruz) victory.

If Bush is the Republican nominee, I will quit the Republican party and never come back.

3 posted on 1/13/2016, 11:58:58 AM by TheConservator ("I spent my life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless, but not men.")

quote:

Yeb! must be defeated.

4 posted on 1/13/2016, 11:59:18 AM by Lurkinanloomin (Know Islam, No Peace - No Islam, Know Peace)

quote:

Al-Reuters trying to pick our candidates again?

5 posted on 1/13/2016, 11:59:20 AM by gwgn02

quote:

How is this possible? Must be a phony poll.

8 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:00:24 PM by PghBaldy (12/14 - 930am -rampage begins... 12/15 - 1030am - Obama's advance team scouts photo-op locations.)

quote:

Good. I want Yeb to make it to the bitter end, like Gollum and that damned ring.

10 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:00:39 PM by Psalm 144 (The mill grinds exceedingly fine.)

quote:

I wish Trump would lay off the birther nonsense and perform the coup de grace to Jeb!.

13 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:00:48 PM by forgotten man

quote:

39%% Wow. Go trump. Bush my eye.

20 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:07:06 PM by WENDLE (Trump is not bought . He is no puppet.)

quote:

Well, let’s wait for a few more days. Yesterday, Booosh was at 7.6 and today it’s 10.6. Turtles don’t usually move that fast! For days he’s been flat-lining at around 7.6 so this may be a outlier.

23 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:08:48 PM by vette6387

quote:

To: TheConservator
Already quit the R. I chose who I want not based on the letter now. After Haley attacked Trump, sorry she attacked millions of us voters then she and co can take a flying leap.

27 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:11:38 PM by manc (Marriage =1 man + 1 woman,when they say marriage equality then they should support polygamy)

quote:

To: manc
And this morning, ABC Snooze said Jeb lost more ground.

They really need to get their lies straightl

28 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:12:36 PM by EQAndyBuzz (Jews for Cruz)

quote:

Is it me or has Marco Rubio given up on this race?
Where the heck has he been?

He's keeping a lower profile out there than Shrillary Clinton, and she already set the bar low on that.

50 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:25:45 PM by SamAdams76

quote:

Older, marginally-formed, white male voters. I sat at a table across from six local businessmen at lunch today; all were older than me (I’m almost 60). All were extolling the virtues of Jeb Bush. At least two of them saw me roll my eyes a couple of times and at one point I looked at one of them with an expression that said, “You’ve got to be kidding”, loud and clear.

53 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:32:17 PM by ManHunter (You can run, but you'll only die tired... Army snipers: Reach out and touch someone)

quote:

I’m sorry.....this just does not pass the smell test.

Jeb Bush has done absolutely NOTHING to impress ANYBODY as a candidate. He is indeed “low energy” and has no fewer than three brutal f**k-ups each and every week.

Marco at least is a smooth and glib talker. Had he refrained from the Gang of Eight sellout he very likely could be leading this race.

54 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:34:33 PM by Buckeye McFrog

quote:

To: Sybeck1
I honestly don’t see how you could recover from that. ‘Hey little girl, let me pull out my pocket turtle.’

56 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:41:14 PM by mykroar (biden)

quote:

Yeb’s doubled in a week? Sure. The Easter Bunny has been canvassing for him.

59 posted on 1/13/2016, 12:47:29 PM by Billthedrill

• Locked thread