Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

their website is bound for the stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If memory serves they got at least $2,000,000 which doesn't exactly exchange favorably into pounds. It's also really, really easy to burn through that if you budget it wrong or spend stupidly. Such as, you know, moving the entire team to one of the world's most expensive cities.

yeah but moving to a flyover state where buying a few hundred acres and building a cult stronghold dev studio on ranch land would cost like fifty grand just isn't fashionable

... actually that sounds baller as gently caress

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

They could call it Neverreleased Ranch

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Babe Magnet posted:

This is bretty gud :)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The White Dragon posted:

yeah but moving to a flyover state where buying a few hundred acres and building a cult stronghold dev studio on ranch land would cost like fifty grand just isn't fashionable

... actually that sounds baller as gently caress

Yeah I must confess that if I got handed a large bag full of money to make a game company with "move to London" is the opposite of what I'd do. I'd probably try to snag a cheap building in some place not far from a city but still with cheap land and definitely not somewhere fashionable.

...which sounds like I'd just stay in PA now that I think about it.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah I must confess that if I got handed a large bag full of money to make a game company with "move to London" is the opposite of what I'd do. I'd probably try to snag a cheap building in some place not far from a city but still with cheap land and definitely not somewhere fashionable.

Or, I dunno, try out this newfangled "teleworking" technowizardry for your 100% digital project instead of immediately deluding yourself into thinking you're a big-boy dev company that needs everybody in one office so that you can have nerf wars and office beers like all the Cool Dude Developers you keep reading about and are intensely jealous of.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Met posted:

Ease your toxic shitposting.

I think you'll find that 'round these parts this is the real shitposting :clint:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
The have all the dollars for decades of poo poo posting (of nightly releases that is).

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Nah man, listen, its worth all the money and also worth losing one of your main coders in the process

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I don't think you understand how good london is for game devs, its the famous city of doctor who, he also goes into space just like star bound

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I went to London once.

It smelled bad.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I went to London once.

It smelled bad.

Just like starbound!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the people of london can't even pronounce Thames

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I legitimately couldn't tell for a minute this morning if I had opened the Starbound or Star Citizen thread.

Congratulations Starbound devs you've made it to the big leagues! Someone please pass on my warm regards.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

WebDO posted:

I legitimately couldn't tell for a minute this morning if I had opened the Starbound or Star Citizen thread.

Congratulations Starbound devs you've made it to the big leagues! Someone please pass on my warm regards.

The difference is that starbound is 'haha'-funny while star citizen is sad-funny

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

game............ BAD!!!!!!!

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!

Ahundredbux posted:

The difference is that starbound is 'haha'-funny while star citizen is sad-funny

Yeah there hopefully won't be any suicides when Starbound falls apart.

The most someone could have personally blown on Starbound was that $2,000 "get a statue of yourself in game" pledge level. That's chump change compared to the jpeg armadas that have been assembled using real money in the 'verse.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Ahundredbux posted:

The Star Citizen thread has such gifs to show you

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

WebDO posted:

The Star Citizen thread has such gifs to show you

No, no, the thread is super funny, it's the whole rest of it that's really sad

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
It's still down.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lovely Senorita posted:

game............ BAD!!!!!!!

now youre speaking my language

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

nerdz posted:

It's still down.

This is going to be a monthly thing isn't it

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Ahundredbux posted:

No, no, the thread is super funny, it's the whole rest of it that's really sad

Well yeah, most cults are

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

Sorry, that ones reserved for Star Citizen.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
GrimCreep'd....Again!?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Rrussom posted:

GrimCreep'd....Again!?

I get a tingly feeling in my balls everytime someone gets GrimCreep'd

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Websites still not up

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

100% certain their site got hacked again, despite what they're saying.

Secure your bank accounts.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they can't hack the website if the website doesn't exist

checkmate

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe someone deleted their entire database this time. No posts on the twitter accounts at all.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
This is all a part of the new update and difficulty adjustment: you now have to build the website and the servers. Welcome to the ultimate construction experience.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
It takes like 2 seconds to bring down playstarbound.com and

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

You guys don't like webservers I guess. Huh.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

quote:

Tiy @Tiyuri - 27 Nov 2015
I'm excited to show everyone exactly what
the Starbound webserver was always
supposed to be once it's done.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

site....... bad.......

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cicadas! posted:

Secure your bank accounts.
That's if you... bought Starbound through their website, instead of Steam?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I got it through Humble Bundle, which is what everyone preordered it through I think

Also website's back up, we did it guys, I'm so proud of you.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Meme magic wins again!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I think they decreased the jump height in the nightlies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Babe Magnet posted:

I think they decreased the jump height in the nightlies

Instead of bitching, have you thought that these blanket nerfs on things that seemingly only hinder the experience are possibly necessary to pave the way for something amazing and revolutionary?

• Locked thread