Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone put my CAC in a jar of peanut butter once after I left after a 16 hour shift and forgot it. I just wanted to get a burger off base. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So what kinda medal will Sean Penn get for this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/world/americas/el-chapo-mexican-drug-lord-interview-with-sean-penn.html

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

The Hanoi Jane Award of Valor

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Plumo.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Right after I got done watching Thin Red Line this news story breaks.

I'm not sure how to feel about it but Sean Penn was a bit of a dumbass in that movie.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah sorry I meant to say being a boot in MOUT seems terrifying

Honestly I was scared as balls my first time doing house to house searches in Baghdad. Dark rooms, blind corners, and being the first rear end in a top hat through a door loving suck.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Big fat plate helps a little. A little.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mike-o posted:

This is why you assign the SAW to your big (or short) assholes/rednecks and put them at the front of your stack every time.

That was my cousin. 6'7" and fairly built, but dumb as a box of hammers. When his unit was working at a checkpoint, they'd load him up with extra armor and a SAW and make him stop cars. With his Oakleys on he looked like a cross between a heavily armed vending machine and some kind of redneck cyborg.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
CQB can be very unforgiving. We usually just tried to go through the house/building as fast as possible to not allow people time to figure out what's going on and get ready to fight. Though if you take contact you slow it down and become much more methodical.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
NSFW, but not gore: IS Sniper headshot
http://gfycat.com/RelievedBriskDowitcher

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

+200

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

fuckin pro shot

i started yelling at that el chapo helmet cam vid when they kept bunching up in the doorway holy poo poo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Are Mexican Marines usually called out to do this sort of thing? It's been a while since I read about the Drug War.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Frosted Flake posted:

Are Mexican Marines usually called out to do this sort of thing? It's been a while since I read about the Drug War.

From the Mexicans I know, the Military is the police force of the rich/politically connected, the police are normally just owned by whatever cartel controls the area or atleast so heavily infested with them they can't be trusted to do anything outside of going after speeders and drunk drivers

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Dust from the bullet impact rises up before that headshot dude goes down. Unless the thing passed cleanly thru him, it was a miss.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
loving netcode.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zeris posted:

Dust from the bullet impact rises up before that headshot dude goes down. Unless the thing passed cleanly thru him, it was a miss.

Watch the slow motion after the first take.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Watch the slow motion after the first take.

I did, this is where the bullet has impacted and sent dust up, but the fellow is still standing.

I think it's more likely a miss, but can't say for sure.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i started yelling at that el chapo helmet cam vid when they kept bunching up in the doorway holy poo poo

What else do you do when you don't know what to do? Uhhhh lets stack! Proper MOUT requires so much coordination it's insane. Especially considering how much just one person can gently caress up the flow and consistency and make a bunch of dudes stack

Booblord Zagats posted:

From the Mexicans I know, the Military is the police force of the rich/politically connected, the police are normally just owned by whatever cartel controls the area or atleast so heavily infested with them they can't be trusted to do anything outside of going after speeders and drunk drivers

Yeah I want to say the Military is more of a national SWAT/DEA and are the ones most trusted with this kind of poo poo.

I'll look for it later but I remember maybe 10 years ago a supposed Mexican dude made an ask/tell about being Mexican Mil and just pretty much doing raids only. And they played a lot of LAN CS on their offtime. Ultimately he was probably fake I just vaguely remember it.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

In all fairness they managed to Navy themselves onto the Iran coastline soooo

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
A three hour tour

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
If that one guy wasn't wearing white socks then this wouldn't have happened.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Is that a female on the bottom left of the middle pic? Are they directly addressing our women!?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
If you were going to get nabbed by Iran as a U.S. service member, this is probably the best time since 1979 for it to happen. Even the IRGC doesn't want to gently caress up the lifting of sanctions.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

I just read about it a lot and don't have any details. But the Marines are the ones who go on raids because they're perceived as being not-corrupt, and they have an esprit de corps and U.S. training. If you see a cartel boss get killed / captured, it's usually the Marines.

You have:

Marines (can be trusted)
Army (corrupt)
Federal Police / a.k.a. "federales" (corrupt)
Gendarmerie (they're new, don't know much about them)
Local police (corrupt)

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The local police aren't corrupt, they know exactly who's paying their mortgage.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I hope one of those guys just re-enlisted prior to deployment.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

buttcoinbrony posted:

The local police aren't corrupt, they know exactly isn't cutting their heads off. Yet.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

http://www.nationalguard.mil/News/ArticleView/tabid/5563/Article/642703/national-guard-troops-prepare-for-winter-storm-duties.aspx

I wanna drive that thing so loving bad

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That thing looks loving cool as hell. Hopefully they start showing up in DRMO in a few years.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Pretty sure I had that GI Joe vehicle growing up

e:

I did

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 13, 2016

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

It's not a conventional weapon but I'm pretty sure getting hit in the chest with a weight lifting plate will still gently caress your day up.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

It would suck to be a guy in those pictures.

"Yes I was a dumbass who got captured by loving Iran." :smith:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol why did you do this bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hq2UwZaW2M

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Hahaha, the news is reporting my squadron as the command with those people.

It's actually CRS-3. We don't even have retarded riverines that go out on missions without working GPS, communications, or enough fuel in the tank to get from point A to point B. We also know how to tow a boat with another boat. For as much as I complain about how little support my command gets as a reserve squadron, at least we aren't as retarded as our active duty counterparts who regularly crash their boats, sink them, and now get captured by foreign countries.

That dude is going to lose his job.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Do those guys have to go through SERE by chance? If not "don't cooperate with everything they say" seems like a lesson that should've been included in workups.

• Locked thread