Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
its gonna be called the PLOWERBALL if i win this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
I'm going to get into the private prison business.

naem
May 29, 2011

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Someone's about to be the most hated person in the country.

I would buy all kinds of security, like a Bond villain

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Three Olives posted:

I was thinking the same thing but with poor fire safety.

We'd be friends IRL

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Three Olives posted:

I'm going to get into the private prison business.

naem posted:

I would buy all kinds of security, like a Bond villain

These two things together.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Obama is still a person and in office.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
900M is so much money that a dumb redneck doing the dumb redneck things that run lottery winners out of money won't even work.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Germstore posted:

900M is so much money that a dumb redneck doing the dumb redneck things that run lottery winners out of money won't even work.

what we have here is a failure of the imagination

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Yeah 900mill is only like a dozen or two trips on a falcon 9.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

If I don't win and I think we all agree that I would be the most awesome Powerball winner I hope some poor hick that dropped out of high school wins and blows the money in a few years in a well documented and completely spectacular fashion. Like I want them completely penniless in less than 5 years.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

A. Beaverhausen posted:

What are the odds of the winner getting straight up assassinated?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

David Bowie faked his death so he could secretly win.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I'm commissioning the No Limit Soldiers gold tank.

Every nut and bolt of that bitch is gonna be 24 karat.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

What are the odds of the winner getting straight up assassinated?

Depends. What's your social security number, home address and mother's maiden name?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

When I win I'm buying the rights to Daraprim and jacking the price up even higher. And when someone asks why I am going to just cackle at them.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
When I win I'm going to have CHA etched into the moon so that everyone who likes The Tick will have a little chuckle.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm going to buy the building 3O lives in and evict him.

Along with any other building he tries to buy a condo in.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

soy posted:

People judged high risk can sign up for the advanced version where you are not allowed to leave and get to work sorting my m&ms by color or whatever.

Also it's ok I'll just fly these people to some place where this is legal (they pay for the flight) like those re-education camps for gay kids.

A much better move would be to approach collection agencies and buy thousands of people's debts for pennies on the dollar. Then just sit on the drat things until the statute of limitations passes.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

When I win I'm buying an Orca from SeaWorld and keeping it in an even smaller tank.

MrChupon posted:

A much better move would be to approach collection agencies and buy thousands of people's debts for pennies on the dollar. Then just sit on the drat things until the statute of limitations passes.

This but sue them for the money even if it costs more to recover than the actual debt was.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrChupon posted:

but I want to make people pay their debt not help society, god.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Would any of you not quit your job if you won? Talked to some people that said they would still work their job, and it's not a particularly good job either.

edit: this simulator is at 7850 years and ive won 144k, lost 1.5m

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

A. Beaverhausen posted:

If I won I'm gonna have a press conference and announce that I have cancer and am gonna die in a year.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Does Cecil the lion have a brother that I could shoot?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Swap.avi The Heptalogy, playing at every theater, everywhere.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Schroeder91 posted:

Talked to some people that said they would still work their job, and it's not a particularly good job either.

Yes, that's called lying. I wouldn't even give two weeks notice even though it takes two weeks to get the money anyways.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Schroeder91 posted:

Would any of you not quit your job if you won? Talked to some people that said they would still work their job, and it's not a particularly good job either.

i'd go back to my old burger job, buy the place, and then keep working as a grunt. any time someone's an actual genuine rear end in a top hat, I act like a prick right back. they get my manager, my manager does the whole appeasement ritual, and then when they're leaving with free food or whatever I smack it out of their hands and stomp on it

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Schroeder91 posted:

Would any of you not quit your job if you won?

no but i would violate all hr policies even more flagrantly than i do now because i would not give a gently caress

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Yes, that's called lying. I wouldn't even give two weeks notice even though it takes two weeks to get the money anyways.

Just doesn't seem like something worth lying about. Id totally bail on work. Call out indefinitely.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It's good to keep busy, but I can think of about a hundred better ways to keep busy.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I dont think anyone could outspend this amount in their lifetime, it's absolutely bonkers, but I'm looking forward to seeing someone try

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Germstore posted:

It's good to keep busy, but I can think of about a hundred better ways to keep busy.

No joke. All the poo poo I'd love to get done in my lifetime but can't because I'm too busy working.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Hopefully that someone is me :mrgw:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I just watched that Going Clear documentary. If I win I might be tempted to donate like ~$100,000,000 to one of those Scientology NPOs on a lark.

Anybody that salutes a giant portrait of a dead person is :waycool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVeNWLgZdDE

Dangerous Mind posted:

Powerball up to 1.5 billion now... I really really really want it to rollover to like 2 billion. So next time we have 5,6,700+ mil pots they seem tiny in comparison.

Let's take a look at the math now:

code:
Numbers	    Annuity	Prize - Cost	Probability	(Prize - Cost) * Probability
MY TICKET   750000000	749999998	3.4E-09		$2.54
5w	    500000	499998		8.56E-08	$0.04
4w 1r	    25000	24998		1.0951E-06	$0.02
4w	    50		48		2.73784E-05	$0.001
3w 1r	    50		48		6.89935E-05	$0.003
3w	    3.5		1.5		0.001724852	$0.002
2w 1r	    3.5		1.5		0.001425862	$0.002
1w 1r	    2		0		0.010871929	$0
1r   	    2		0		0.026096033	$0
YOUR TICKET 0		-2		0.959783768	$-1.91

Long-Term Expected Value =	~$0.71
BUY BUY BUY

soy posted:

I was thinking of starting a company that basically does debt consolidation. The rub is, you have to move into a dormitory (which you must pay for, but is pretty cheap and basic) and all of your expenses are tracked in detail and you must meet with a counselor once a month to keep things on track for repayment.

Basically a voluntary debtors prison except you can leave to work.

Also if you try to bail before you finish repayment then there's some contract that basically you are hosed forever in the harshest possible way.

Sounds close to student loans.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schroeder91 posted:

I'd give a months notice and help with the transition but my workplace is unique in that its been amazing and I'm friends with everyone I work for and they would be up a creek if I just left.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

soy posted:

I'd give a months notice and help with the transition but my workplace is unique in that its been amazing and I'm friends with everyone I work for and they would be up a creek if I just left.

I would quit immediately because I am friends with no one, and they wouldn't give a poo poo if I left.

What's the fastest way to spend the money without donating any?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Schroeder91 posted:

What's the fastest way to spend the money without donating any?

powerball

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Buddhist monk, 61, attacked and robbed as he bought lottery tickets at Philadelphia gas station
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3395704/Buddhist-monk-61-attacked-robbed-bought-lottery-tickets-Philadelphia-gas-station.html

Microwaves Mom posted:

drawing is on wednesday right?

Every Wednesday at 10 post meridiem eastern standard time.

Every Saturday night at 10 post meridiem eastern standard time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

soy posted:

Nice of you to lord your new found riches over your "friends."

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I'd give two weeks notice, and they'd probably offer me way more money to stay, which would piss me off and I'd change my mind about giving notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

It might be pretty cool to keep it a secret for a bit. I was reading this article not to long ago about a local guy, junior associate at a big law firm in the city. Anyways, they knew he had a really nice house for someone his age but trustfund babies are a dime a dozen in a major city so they didn't think much more of it, he wasn't an rear end in a top hat at work, he did a good job, whatever.

So one day he goes into his bosses office and was like, I have to tell you something and I tried to stop it but they refused, I never had any control over this. Boss is like oh poo poo... Forbes is about to publish that I am a billionaire, I just technically got control over the family business in Germany or wherever but I swear it changes nothing an I'm not leaving.

• Locked thread