Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have been watching more Slice of Life comedy series over the past year than I expected to. I wish I had a good action series happening right now that I cared about until Part 4, maybe the Kyoani anime is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Baal posted:

I have been watching more Slice of Life comedy series over the past year than I expected to. I wish I had a good action series happening right now that I cared about until Part 4, maybe the Kyoani anime is good

This happened to me to over the course of like 2 years.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

It's not a bad show

boom...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Baal posted:

Iron-Blooded Orphans is good action show

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

speaking of racism. did they really just do a timeskip after which the white people suddenly stopped being racist against the indians hokulea in +c lol

I don't remember that part.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Iron Blooded Orphans has action, but like every Gundam series it is mostly character and political drama with a giant robot fight here and there

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I woke up one day and realized that I didn't finish UBW but I had finished Koufuku Graffiti.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did not regret it one bit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mostly burn out on shonen series nowadays unless there's something fun or dynamic about it like MHA, that's a good series

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

Consider: Dimension W

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Droyer posted:

Consider: Dimension W

Wikipedia has literally no description of what this is

It has Daisuke Ono so maybe

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah poo poo it has Yuichi Nakamura in it too? Why has been in everything as of late, that dude's great, but drat

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dimension W will probably have consistent action levels. any action in Phantom World should be amazing (ep 1 had a good fight) too, because KyoAni.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

I don't remember that part.

they go back to it later but it was weird. the manga has really weird jumps occasionally that can make it hard to follow, which isn't helped by the shoddy translation

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

Dimension W will probably have consistent action levels. any action in Phantom World should be amazing (ep 1 had a good fight) too, because KyoAni.

beyond the boundary looked gorgeous and had plenty of action but it was still a bore

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

they go back to it later but it was weird. the manga has really weird jumps occasionally that can make it hard to follow, which isn't helped by the shoddy translation

Yeah, it's really weird how inconsistent the names/terms are, even if the translation's done by the same group.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

beyond the boundary looked gorgeous and had plenty of action but it was still a bore

and Phantom World will at least look really good, which was my main point. it's too soon to really tell what it will be like tonally, but if it stays light instead of whipping between serious and comedic like BtB, it should be fine.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

musca is totally adorable though, especially now that she is taking a break from being a 'lady' to be a tomboy

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Davincie posted:

It might have had Kyoani production values but I remember all of the fights being incredibly boring.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The slice of life shows are fun, but watching characters do shenanigans forever for half an hour all the time gets kinda samey. Osomatsu's probably the most I've liked of one as of late and that's because the show's just really unique in that respect. Galko also because it's about 10 minutes long and feels strangely... adult? I guess.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's not an omake

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I would like more slice of lifes that are not teenagers in high school.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Reds posted:

:agreed:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i even made it halfway through BtB and thought it was fine other than hating the main dude and gun lance girl's tragic backstories

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

*cough cough* space battleship yamato 2199 has a fully adult cast and both slice of life and action scenes

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Davincie posted:

*cough cough* space battleship yamato 2199 has a fully adult cast and both slice of life and action scenes

*cough cough* seirei no moribito has a mostly adult cast and both slice of life and action scenes

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Baal posted:

I mostly burn out on shonen series nowadays unless there's something fun or dynamic about it like MHA, that's a good series

Hmmm...

Yozakura Quartet, perhaps~

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Baal posted:

The slice of life shows are fun, but watching characters do shenanigans forever for half an hour all the time gets kinda samey. Osomatsu's probably the most I've liked of one as of late and that's because the show's just really unique in that respect. Galko also because it's about 10 minutes long and feels strangely... adult? I guess.

osomatsu isnt slice of life

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Reds posted:

try Dorohedoro

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

barakamon is also an excellent slice of life with like 0 high school scenes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

I saw so much of like the characters and stuff and it looked cool and I never got around to it, is it on crunchy or something. Might be time to pick it up after I catch up to all of the shows I plan to watch this season

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

El Burbo posted:

osomatsu isnt slice of life

I'm not referring solely to slice of life, comedy was also an aspect I was mentioning

it just so happens a lot of the shows I've been watching are a crossover of the two

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dorohedoro hasn't been slice of life for a while
it's like...distilled :(

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

if you cant get by on the 4 girls hang out after school show every season just huff buckshot

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

good man

• Locked thread