Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lowtax posted:

I've been on the forums, I just haven't been active in GBS.

which adtrw thread is your fave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I don't loathe Lowtax, I don't think

Maybe I do? What did you do, Kyanka??

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
did you finally see the light and move to the northland?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Marvin Freeman posted:

did you finally see the light and move to the northland?

Canada? gently caress that!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
goddammit lowtax i need more pics of your dogs.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dreezy posted:

goddammit lowtax i need more pics of your dogs.

i would also like some dog pics
dogs are awesome

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Canada? gently caress that!

no you dummy, the northland, of KC. it's closer to the airport!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Mr. Tax, glad to touch base with you again. I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your blog, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing).There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword….wait there’s even more Now what if i told you there was a service that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That’s right AUTOMATICALLY

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Nooner posted:

I dont loathe you, I think you are a cool dude even though you banned me for posting pictures of T*m Br*dy

i also think you are a good guy lowtax even tho you banned me for posting bloody dick pictures in gbs

actually now i think about it that was a 100% justified use of force

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tom Gorman posted:

Mr. Tax, glad to touch base with you again. I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your blog, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing).There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword….wait there’s even more Now what if i told you there was a service that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That’s right AUTOMATICALLY

i didnt read this and neither should you

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

GBS loathes everything that isn't dragonball z. best to either not take it personally, or give the entire forum a goku stylesheet so that we like it more

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tom Gorman posted:

didn't you used to be Tom Gordan?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

didn't you used to be Tom Gordan?

Tom Gordon was a good baseball pitcher for at least a few years

Tom Gorman was a bad baseballer and had alcoholism, and played for the Phillies

Gorman Thomas led the league in homers twice, and also posts here

I'm just an SEO expert trying to help get web sites on the front page of google.com

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Tom Gorman posted:

I'm just an SEO expert trying to help get web sites on the front page of google.com

can you tell me about the spiders

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Tom Gorman posted:

would you consider yourself an SEO wizard??

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

hey lowtax i know how to bold AND italicize words in HTML (a real "leet" cyber mans, as the hackers say) and im telling you this guy is a shyster fraud

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

wiffle ball bat posted:

can you tell me about the spiders

Their ace pitcher was Nig Cuppy. He gained the nickname because his skin was a darker complexion than his teammates.

Nooner posted:

yea

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tom Gorman posted:

Tom Gordon was a good Phillies pitcher.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Nooner posted:

on the resumes i read when im hiring they call themselves "gurus" and then i throw those resumes in the loving garbage

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

A misanthrope posted:

on the resumes i read when im hiring they call themselves "gurus" and then i throw those resumes in the loving garbage

only gurus you should hire are the love gurus.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

A misanthrope posted:

lmao at my last company i was in charge of passing resumes up and yes, every social media and SEO "guru" was filed in the trash hahaha

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

LadyAmbien posted:

Thanks! We've just been in the middle of moving, no internet access, and me sleeping all the time because I'm pregnant and terrible.

ah poo poo now we got another goddamn mouth to feed around here

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Nooner posted:

lmao at my last company i was in charge of passing resumes up and yes, every social media and SEO "guru" was filed in the trash hahaha

I'm glad to read this

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Champenema posted:

ah poo poo now we got another goddamn mouth to feed around here

lol

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dreezy posted:

only gurus you should hire are the love gurus.

at this point in his career i think we could get mike myers in to interview

Nooner posted:

:hfive: saying you're a social media expert is like saying you have an advanced degree in nintendo because you were the first kid on your block to get a N64.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Tom Gorman posted:

Their ace pitcher was Nig Cuppy. He gained the nickname because his skin was a darker complexion than his teammates.

Hah wiki names eleven other American baseball players called Nig.

Gotta have at least a dozen Nigs or it isn't a real sport.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
hmmm i wonder what will happen if i post in the thread that says "post in this thread to be banned"

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
lowtax you really should try stand-up comedy or even improv

ive been reading your stuff since aught one or even 2000, and you are consistently funny, so please do not doubt yourself

it may take effort to build a good routine or a good bit but i believe you can do it

you may even be able to make a living off of it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

deep impact on vhs posted:

hmmm i wonder what will happen if i post in the thread that says "post in this thread to be banned"

probably the same thing that happened to me and everyone else

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

probably the same thing that happened to me and everyone else

i wonder why that happened

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

i wonder why that happened

I don't.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

That Robot posted:

lowtax you really should try stand-up comedy or even improv

ive been reading your stuff since aught one or even 2000, and you are consistently funny, so please do not doubt yourself

it may take effort to build a good routine or a good bit but i believe you can do it

you may even be able to make a living off of it

I don't think he wants it enough to handle eating poo poo on stage now and then, based on his constant meltdowns

He doesn't have the rocks for it, is what I'm saying, the constitution, even if he is indeed funny

Although to be fair, most comics are depressed and train wrecks, so maybe he'd make it
That idiot Bo Burnham did it so why not try

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Mumpy sacrificed himself so GBS could be better

Farewell Muffins

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Don Tacorleone posted:

Mumpy sacrificed himself so GBS could be better

Farewell Muffins

if your gonna pretend i'm a martyr, buy my old av back. Thats all I want

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

A misanthrope posted:

lol if you of all people actually are able to hire and fire :laffo:

That Robot fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 13, 2016

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

every resume i get goes straight in the garbage. candidates just show up and I pound shots at the interview and scream at them and nobody has stood up and called me a jackass in 6 years so I haven't hired anyone

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

A misanthrope posted:

at this point in his career i think we could get mike myers in to interview

:hfive: saying you're a social media expert is like saying you have an advanced degree in nintendo because you were the first kid on your block to get a N64.

A few years back it was people who wanted to put their WoW guild experience into their resume. Now it's poo poo posting on Twitter. In a decade they will have an entire paragraph on how the wipe their rear end mostly unassisted.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Lowtax posted:

everybody loathes me and the forums for some reason now

These forums are pretty alright. Cant wait to embed some webm's

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tom Gorman posted:

every resume i get goes straight in the garbage. candidates just show up and I pound shots at the interview and scream at them and nobody has stood up and called me a jackass in 6 years so I haven't hired anyone

so... you work for the Phillies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

natetimm posted:

A few years back it was people who wanted to put their WoW guild experience into their resume. Now it's poo poo posting on Twitter. In a decade they will have an entire paragraph on how the wipe their rear end mostly unassisted.

holy poo poo i would probably have died laughing if i saw WoW poo poo on one. The worst I ever got was some guy who linked his like 1000 page fanfic harry potter/goth/vampyre crossover for a copywriting position

• Locked thread