Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i hear the army is paying 200 big ones to anyone willing to eat mres and have doctors look at their poop for a month

I do this anyway. Do they back pay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i hear the army is paying 200 big ones to anyone willing to eat mres and have doctors look at their poop for a month

what poop?

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

They get people with backgrounds in geology to examine the massive rock hard 50 pound turd at the end of those 21 days. Guys go in with chisels and try to determine what the food item was that everything else started to form around. Anal reconstructive surgery is covered by Tri-Care, so that's a bonus.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

i think they just take a rotor rooter to your brown knot to chip off a chunk of the log jam thatll be going on in your guts

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

BaconAndBullets posted:

They get people with backgrounds in geology to examine the massive rock hard 50 pound turd at the end of those 21 days. Guys go in with chisels and try to determine what the food item was that everything else started to form around. Anal reconstructive surgery is covered by Tri-Care, so that's a bonus.

So Tricare pays the lowest bidder to superglue my mouth to my rear end in a top hat, great.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
human centipede: green weenie edition

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

Ace of Baes posted:

I know you guys are laughing but I figure Id either end up delivering pizza or something but from talking to people uber seems to pay better, especially if I stay in CO springs, anyone else have suggestions for part time flexible work that allows me to go to school full time while making enough to scrape by?

I did it the other way around. Worked full time, went to night classes part time. Also fit in National Guard in there. Even though I didn't max out my credit hours for BAH it worked for me. If you can make all your classes night classes it might be better off for you. I did this for my masters so I don't know if going for bachelors on this plan will work as well.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Signed out on leave. gently caress dude. I just woke up after sleeping for 17 no poo poo hours.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Went to dental to clear up that ugly red in MEDPROS today and instead of a routine cleaning, I got a doctor who was super pumped to see me and enthusiastically recommended me for some orthodontic surgery. He said I'm the perfect candidate and the folks over in the ortho department are looking for cases like mine. Aside from that being a little strange to hear, it is something I've been considering. I've had jaw issues my whole life and was hoping the Army would do something about it when I joined. My first year was in AIT, so I wasn't going to be in one place long enough before PCSing, so they said I didn't qualify. My next duty station said I was an excellent candidate, but they no longer performed the procedure there and they quit referring to civilian practitioners, so "better luck next time." Now I'm at my second duty station and have a shot at this... but I may not have enough time left before ETS. Doc wouldn't tell me exactly how much time is required, since it's actually up to another person and I can't get an appointment with them until after this 4 day.

Now... I'm not interested in re-enlisting. I do have a one-year period between my ETS date and my wife graduating school that I need to fill, either as a DAC/contractor, working outside of the whole gov't thing, or... extending? How does extending work? I read through the regs and it doesn't seem like there's a way for me to be eligible, but at the same time I've known people who extended for a year and they also didn't seem to meet any of the criteria. If I do have to have more time before being eligible for this procedure, and I am eligible to extend, I may consider extending.

Also, have any of you guys who had surgery (especially dental/orthodontic surgery) regretted it? My experiences with Army medicine have put me a little on my guard, but this seems like it could be a decent opportunity. That, or I could wind up looking like the guy in the seance scene of Beetlejuice who has his jaw fall off.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I got a fake tooth and its that legit fake tooth poo poo where they put some metal in your mouth and then match the color and all that instead of bridging or some poo poo. It was and still is awesome. But I've also had something like 7 surgeries (probably closer to nine) since being in the military. That wasn't one of them.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Soulex posted:

I got a fake tooth and its that legit fake tooth poo poo where they put some metal in your mouth and then match the color and all that instead of bridging or some poo poo. It was and still is awesome. But I've also had something like 7 surgeries (probably closer to nine) since being in the military. That wasn't one of them.

You got the implant and post and everything? It was pretty sweet when they did mine. I could feel my whole kinda receive the torsion from screwing that drat thing into the bone. It was both awesome and terrifying.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zeris posted:

You got the implant and post and everything? It was pretty sweet when they did mine. I could feel my whole kinda receive the torsion from screwing that drat thing into the bone. It was both awesome and terrifying.

Yeah, implant with the screw drilled into my mouth and everything. I was happy because that tooth died during basic training, like I could suck on it and draw blood out, so they tried to pull it and it just came apart. 6 years later I got the replacement.

Never ever get a bridge.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Went to the dentist for a cleaning here on post. Twenty years of cleanings and exams and he's the first dentist to notice or say anything about all the cement left on the backs of my teeth from the braces I had as a teen. He went at it for about ten minutes and afterwards my teeth feel completely different in a good way.

Real friendly guy too, who talked about a book of short stories he wrote called Hard Head City.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My current unit is mad at me for being dental class II. Except that LHI won't generate a voucher to pay for it, and my normal cleaning isn't until April. So lol SMDFTB.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I guess they figured if they couldn't gently caress me with cold, they'd gently caress me with snow. Orders just came in to go from Richardson to Drum. And the day after they posted my orders, Army Times says they're sending a bunch of dudes from Drum to Afghanistan in the winter. Hmmmm.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

A Bad Poster posted:

I guess they figured if they couldn't gently caress me with cold, they'd gently caress me with snow. Orders just came in to go from Richardson to Drum. And the day after they posted my orders, Army Times says they're sending a bunch of dudes from Drum to Afghanistan in the winter. Hmmmm.

:lol::lol::lol:

Have fun running on hardpack snow-ice in -20°F because hooah, motherfucker. I hope you love rucking and actively seek to be the best (at having the musculoskeletal issues of an 80 year old) you can be.

If you're going to 1BDE I probably know the medics you'll have.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
When I was there, we were required to do 20 minutes of PT upside every day regardless of the weather. The rest could be inside the barracks or gym or whatever. It was also mandatory to ruck once a week.

I'm glad my squad didn't pay any attention to those BS rules at least.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

A February staff run

Ft. Drum's long roads

I can't feel my dick

-me, 2012

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Zeris posted:

A February staff run

Ft. Drum's long roads

I can't feel my dick

-me, 2012

A staff run? How many actually showed up for that shitshow? Did any of the staff actually finish it?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Squadron staff PT, usual BS, at least they would release us so we could break off into ability groups.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hahaha gently caress drum. Never went there, never will. Same with Bragg, Hood, and Campbell.

My my my.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Whatever happened to Martello? I'll never forget that picture of his feet after that ridiculously long ruck he went on

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Pesticide20 posted:

Whatever happened to Martello? I'll never forget that picture of his feet after that ridiculously long ruck he went on

Didn't he get outed to his chain of command and had to stop posting?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

McNally posted:

Didn't he get outed to his chain of command and had to stop posting?

Bingo. He posts in GWS sometimes but after the joke memo and the hair stuff he got outed on he stopped coming

RIP DSLs

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Bingo. He posts in GWS sometimes but after the joke memo and the hair stuff he got outed on he stopped coming

RIP DSLs

that fuckin haircut

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I was disappointed I never ran into him while I was at Drum, you'd think you could spot those money earners from a mile away.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Who

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Pour one out for a homie.

Wish he'd have kept posting Scuda. :(

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

Wish he'd have kept posting Scuda. :( charcuterie

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I shammed my fair share but this...this is something that is beyond mortal shamming. This is making yourself the living avatar of the E4 mafia.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Oh my god you can roam the base with your hands firmly in your pockets

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Now if only there were a way to surreptitiously walk on the grass.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

There is something so beautifully Army about foregoing the superior warmth of gloves just to comfortably break a useless "rule" that based entirely on the appearance of professionalism aka impotent E-8 erection-fuel.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

A shining example to all medics everywhere.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zeris posted:

There is something so beautifully Army about foregoing the superior warmth of gloves just to comfortably break a useless "rule" that based entirely on the appearance of professionalism aka impotent E-8 erection-fuel.

Your gloves do not provide heat..

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

They're lovely compared to mittens, but the gloves pictured actually aren't bad at keeping your fingers warm.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Been wearing these Multicam FR ACU's or whatever they're called in the field recently, seems like a superior uniform to the new OCP's. Wonder why the Army didn't just pick this uniform to replace the ACU's. Flame resistant and also seems pretty good at repelling water, better than the material used for ACU's/OCP's anyway. They're comfortable as gently caress too, like wearing pajamas.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Because that would make sense.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Mustang posted:

Flame resistant and also seems pretty good at repelling water, better than the material used for ACU's/OCP's anyway. They're comfortable as gently caress too, like wearing pajamas.

I didn't have the crotch in any pair last longer than a month. Which is fine when your're out there letting your dingle dangle in the dirt but it pretty quickly moved down to the rest of leg even on the ones that weren't too hosed up to be stitched back together. More than one guy had them tear down past the knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Mustang posted:

Been wearing these Multicam FR ACU's or whatever they're called in the field recently, seems like a superior uniform to the new OCP's. Wonder why the Army didn't just pick this uniform to replace the ACU's. Flame resistant and also seems pretty good at repelling water, better than the material used for ACU's/OCP's anyway. They're comfortable as gently caress too, like wearing pajamas.

The ACU pattern got chose because Crye Precision wouldn't give the government a good enough deal on Multicam. From what I understand the only reason they use it now is because they've changed it slightly and don't actually call it Multicam in any official capacity.

• Locked thread