Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He had a couple solid jokes, my favorite was 'let's face it, the only people who are going to stay in their job for thirty years and retire with a good pension are mostly in this room' or something like that.
My favorite was when Paul Ryan struggled to keep a poker face https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/status/687103512669491205

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Here is another dang David Bowie obituary with a bunch of text but at least none of it is about how the stars look very different today

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Took me a minute to realize the lines of coke were just visual shorthand for "in the 80's". Still can't figure out what the Pong looking thing is beside Little Richard.

Pat Harrington died? I thought that happened a while ago. Anyway, I look forward to the Kelly comic of Schneider hitting on Bonnie Franklin in Hell.

GrumpyRyan

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Sandpuppy posted:

Took me a minute to realize the lines of coke were just visual shorthand for "in the 80's". Still can't figure out what the Pong looking thing is beside Little Richard.

A computer.

The Copper Kaiser
Sep 6, 2010

I am a high-iq mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy that characterizes my species!
So here's Adam4d's latest abortion comic.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

loquacius posted:

Here is another dang David Bowie obituary with a bunch of text but at least none of it is about how the stars look very different today

This is a much better tribute than any of the others I've seen so far, basically "This guy was awesome, here's why he was awesome, here are my favorite things he did, RIP."

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

So what changes "a slew of words" into a comic, mom?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Copper Kaiser posted:

One of the more confusing parts of pro-life ideology to me is that they apparently think nobody ever gets pregnant on purpose

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
So remember this masterpiece from Ben Garrison?

Well, after the AGC blog posted it, various artists started drawing the mermaid in their own styles. Many of them are pretty rad. There's a chain going around right now, and it's getting bigger.

Some samples:

Here's my contribution:

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
Hahahaha! Yes, the progression of a fetus into a person is absolutely magic, unrestricted by definitions and accompanied by finger quotes and hand waving.

Now, let me explain to you with cold hard logic and scientific fact that Jesus is the one and only LORD because he came back from the dead and that fossils are Satan's tricks

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I got this one.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

poo poo

I absolutely will never, ever, listen to a woman about her perspective and experience.

Also, all pregnancies are accidents.
- Adam 4dznuts

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

Reminiscing and a contextual biology lesson. What a great mom

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yes, FANDUEL.COM and other fantasy sports betting websites are being put under scrutiny for just existing and not because they claim that they totally don't count as gambling!

totally worth going to bat for the guys with annoying loving commercials trying to evade the law man, I'm gonna do it

Seems a little, what's the word, voluntarily obtuse of the guy.

I really wish his art was a little better because his jokes are good enough to get me to actually read all the words. But his caricatures are so clearly (and poorly) traced

These two are really superb, and I hope Fish Tank Girl can supplant SJW mermaid as the preferred term.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jedit posted:

I'm tired of all these sequels in political cartoons. They're worse than Hollywood.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

If these are meant to make me like Obama less, they're not working.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Saint Sputnik posted:

I really wish his art was a little better because his jokes are good enough to get me to actually read all the words. But his caricatures are so clearly (and poorly) traced

Yeah, that jumped out to me for that particular cartoon as well. Bolling's art is usually just fine, I never really had any averse reaction to the art in any Lucky Ducky, Super Fun Pak Comix, The Secret Files of Dick Cheney or anything, but I noticed the art negatively in that one for some reason. Maybe I just excuse his art because "commence humimicry" is the best two word phrase ever written in a politoon.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

NOTHING IS EVER NUANCED AND SUBJECTIVE.
\
:sperg:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cpt.Americant posted:

I was going to say this should be added to OP, but then I noticed this year's thread doesn't have a list of commonly refered to comics like there was last year. Any reason Raz?
To put it simply: the OP is already long enough with the ridiculous list of cartoonists and poo poo. Also, people rarely used it and would frequently ask for cartoons already up there.

I did link the tumblr archive for easy access, which is just as likely to never get used but at least it takes up less space.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
It's hard to imagine Adam4d doing anything in his spare time other than winning heated arguments with himself.

Utritum
May 2, 2009
College Slice

I can't help but read the weird squirming tails on his word balloons as the characters speaking in a weird and floaty yet strained manner.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving Schneider in a cartoon? :vince:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

A Blue Story Cartoon

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

The actual physical constitution is a worthless piece of paper, and it's the rights (and weed) enshrined within that guarantee us wealth and happiness that are truly valuable. AGC

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

So his hookah bowl is empty with no coals on and he's filtering the air through money instead of water?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

This is a much better tribute than any of the others I've seen so far, basically "This guy was awesome, here's why he was awesome, here are my favorite things he did, RIP."

I liked it because it showed some amount of actual knowledge of and insight into its subject, rather than a lazy reference to his most famous single song which literally everyone knows. Making an effort to convince me that the subject is actually important to the author in some way makes the tribute seem much more sincere.

I mean, it actually taught me something. I had no idea Bowie was on Soul Train.

e: VVVV well yeah of course I Googled it VVVV

loquacius fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 13, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

loquacius posted:

I liked it because it showed some amount of actual knowledge of and insight into its subject, rather than a lazy reference to his most famous single song which literally everyone knows. Making an effort to convince me that the subject is actually important to the author in some way makes the tribute seem much more sincere.

I mean, it actually taught me something. I had no idea Bowie was on Soul Train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFImjufN_2I

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Met posted:

Here we go again! :tinsley:

He started on #14 last year. I went back to mid november but couldn't find the other 13. He also had one between 14 and 15. He might have trouble with numbers.

It looks like that one was a Sunday strip. Some papers only run certain strips on weekdays and others only run them on Sundays, so they have to be out of the sequence entirely. It's a common problem and that's a common solution not at all unique to Tinsley.

Oh my god I just defended Tinsley what's wrong with me.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

Did Obama even do anything micdrop worthy?

Obama posted:

Sixty years ago, when the Russians beat us into space, we didn’t deny Sputnik was up there. We didn’t argue about the science, or shrink our research and development budget. We built a space program almost overnight, and twelve years later, we were walking on the moon.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mister Beeg posted:

So remember this masterpiece from Ben Garrison?

Well, after the AGC blog posted it, various artists started drawing the mermaid in their own styles. Many of them are pretty rad. There's a chain going around right now, and it's getting bigger.

Some samples:

Here's my contribution:

These are all great, Social Justice Mermaid is rad as heck.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

If you really think about it, religion is a type of science fiction. According to religion, we are Ghost that control Meat-Robots.

Things that more than 99% of the human population believe are real
[ ] Supernatural powers (like revive dead people)
[ ] Souls (ghost that inhabits human bodies and abandon the body when it dies)
[ ] Gods or agents of gods walking among humans with superpowers (turn water into blood and other cool poo poo).

So basically, religion is a type of Anime, type Evangelion or some poo poo.

Abortion is bad because these people believe as soon somebody body start, the tiny "pilot" (the soul) is already in the tiny ship. Thats really what they believe, but they are too dishonest to say it loud.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

'fish tank girl' is rather clever.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

So Gendo Ikari is pro life???

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Sinners Sandwich posted:

So Gendo Ikari is pro life???

And like actual pro-life people he doesn't give a gently caress about the kids until they are old enough to be of use of him.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Tei posted:

Abortion is bad because these people believe as soon somebody body start, the tiny "pilot" (the soul) is already in the tiny ship. Thats really what they believe, but they are too dishonest to say it loud.

If fetuses are anything like Evangelion pilots, I support mandatory abortion immediately.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

I'm a chem nerd so I'm impressed that he made a reference to the fact that this year we will finally complete the Mendeleev periodic table. Elements have been confirmed and now they just need to be named.

B! for boron makes me giggle.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tei posted:

I have no words

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone post this good one yet?

https://twitter.com/faizaz/status/687269167918088194

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Something I can't [timg].

Translated: "What would have happened if little Aylan had grown up? Grabbing butts in Germany."

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

KillerJunglist posted:

I'm a chem nerd so I'm impressed that he made a reference to the fact that this year we will finally complete the Mendeleev periodic table. Elements have been confirmed and now they just need to be named.

B! for boron makes me giggle.

The exclamation point connote excitement (of its valence electrons).

• Locked thread