Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I reckon Ilori is probably poo poo. I think everyone liked him when he first started because he seemed like a nice young man. He was at the same time both a fancy foreigner and a native hard working English lad. So we all decided he must be an intelligent reader of the game or something, before anyone actually saw him play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

chuggo is BACK posted:

Also Caulker is a weird signing at first glance but sort of makes sense who knows

He's there to fill in the cracks.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

I reckon Ilori is probably poo poo. I think everyone liked him when he first started because he seemed like a nice young man. He was at the same time both a fancy foreigner and a native hard working English lad. So we all decided he must be an intelligent reader of the game or something, before anyone actually saw him play.

He was signed during the time when Rodgers was absolutely incapable of doing any wrong for Liverpool fans and posters on this very forum were unironically complementing the way he had straightened out Liverpool's finances by negotiating incentive based contracts, and for some reason that glow has always stuck to Ilori despite him being pretty thoroughly poo poo.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Nice fanfiction, who even talked about Ilori like he was a real person that existed, except Ewar. (who's a good lad who means well)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fucks sake this match

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Bobby Digital posted:

He's there to fill in the cracks.

But he wasn't good enough to fill in the cracks at Southampton

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

But he wasn't good enough to fill in the cracks at Southampton

I just wanted to make a caulk joke :(

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Nice fanfiction, who even talked about Ilori like he was a real person that existed, except Ewar. (who's a good lad who means well)

Lol I've repeatedly said he was a myth because the game against Exeter was literally the first time I've seen him play.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

blue footed boobie posted:

He was signed during the time when Rodgers was absolutely incapable of doing any wrong for Liverpool fans and posters on this very forum were unironically complementing the way he had straightened out Liverpool's finances by negotiating incentive based contracts, and for some reason that glow has always stuck to Ilori despite him being pretty thoroughly poo poo.
Yeah alright, wind it in a bit though BFB, it's midweek.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ilori's literally never played a competitive game this season and has only played 21 in the last three years. He was loving knackered, regardless of his actual ability he won't be fit to fill in for any of our CBs for a while. At least Caulker's been involved this season.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
I believe in Ilori - for instance, did you know he's fast?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Ilori's literally never played a competitive game this season and has only played 21 in the last three years. He was loving knackered, regardless of his actual ability he won't be fit to fill in for any of our CBs for a while. At least Caulker's been involved this season.

Being involved isn't much use when you've been poo poo though. I'm guessing Caulker will play against Exeter along side Illori so Sakho, Lovren and Old Man Toure can have a rest and get back to full fitness. Other than that I hope he only gets used as an emergency (or against another weak FA Cup side).

It's not the worst signing in the world and I'd rather have him than not. Plus getting him on a loan is ideal. Would really like a similar deal with a striker tbh rather than spending proper cash on a risky purchase like Pato.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

Yeah alright, wind it in a bit though BFB, it's midweek.

No this was something that actually happened two years ago and I still can't get over it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Well after a month from now, neither Ilori or Caulker will be starting games. This is just the worst injury crisis ever and we had 2 options, sign a temporary loan, or sign a proper first team new CB to start now, any middleground would be a waste of money when you consider our CB situation.

So gently caress it we'll deal for this month, and then sign a proper CB in the summer. Maybe that Matip guy who I ain't even watched a Youtube of but I'm gonna assume he's good.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

What I'm saying is, next year is our year.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Well after a month from now, neither Ilori or Caulker will be starting games. This is just the worst injury crisis ever and we had 2 options, sign a temporary loan, or sign a proper first team new CB to start now, any middleground would be a waste of money when you consider our CB situation.

So gently caress it we'll deal for this month, and then sign a proper CB in the summer. Maybe that Matip guy who I ain't even watched a Youtube of but I'm gonna assume he's good.

The thing is we don't actually need a centre back once everyone is fit.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Just suck it up and play whoever the scouse equivalent of Tyler Blackett and Paddy McNair are.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ewar Woowar posted:

The thing is we don't actually need a centre back once everyone is fit.

Kolo is 34 and his contracts up in the summer, Skrtl is 31, and next season will probably start to become the new Kolo, our old man CB backup. Ilori is probably a non entity. Gomez is a child who had a huge injury setback that is gonna delay his career with us, don't be surprised if he's still not playing regular games a year from now.

So next season in terms of real centrebacks that exist, we have Lovren, Sakho, and an aging Skrtl.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lovren has looked great under Klopp and Sakho is great so I'm happy for that to be our starting pair going into next season. Skrtel, despite always being a bit dodgy, is a great third choice. Gomez should be fourth choice. You've also still got Illori and a returning Wisdom too (although I imagine the latter and probably the former will be sold). I know this is going to come across all Wengy but I'd rather the young players be used for back up and us spend on first team players. A winger and a goal scoring midfielder is top of the list for me.

Personally I think we shouldn't buy this window and wait to see where we are at the end of the season so we have a clearer picture with regards to injuries. If Sturridge is dead and Benteke doesn' find form it might be time to cut our losses and move them both on.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Immobile moving back to Torino is happeing, obligatory holding-scarf-in-the-airport photos were taken tonight

https://twitter.com/calciomercatoit/status/687048627768922114

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Immobile moving back to Torino is happeing, obligatory holding-scarf-in-the-airport photos were taken tonight

https://twitter.com/calciomercatoit/status/687048627768922114

He isn't going anywhere!

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
And they said he couldn't be moved.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I get it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Redknapp would do wonders with him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Montero's off to Watford for £11m provided Swansea's deal for a Lazio winger comes off.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Montero's off to Watford for £11m provided Swansea's deal for a Lazio winger comes off.

Who from Lazio?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Reports that we agreed a deal in principle with Matip, to join on a free in the summer.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Whoever is on the right hahahaha

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

trem_two posted:

Who from Lazio?

Keita, but I was hoping it was Candreva because I've actually seen him play before.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

sassassin posted:

Keita, but I was hoping it was Candreva because I've actually seen him play before.
why the gently caress is Lazio selling Keita!!!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

straight up brolic posted:

why the gently caress is Lazio selling Keita!!!

They're trying quite hard not to.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Reports that we agreed a deal in principle with Matip, to join on a free in the summer.
loving get in, biggest talent since Cannavaro.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Xabi posted:

loving get in, biggest talent since Cannavaro.

Nice RAWK posting.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Healbot posted:

Nice RAWK posting.
*years later* well i remember liverpool fans unironically comparing him to cannavaro

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

8raz posted:

*years later* well i remember liverpool fans unironically comparing him to cannavaro

Lol

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mohamed-elneny-arsenal-done-deal-7176816

Mohamed Elneny to Arsenal is a done deal

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thassa premature bolding right there.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Wenger is Arsenal so it's OK

• Locked thread