Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

silvergoose posted:

Hm, so *not* 10x descends, but it does have 2.5x skillup. Guess I'm trying to get z8 max skilled.
I was thinking this too but Elia/Grisar invades will probably be annoying in a level up dungeon. I'll probably skip it this time around since I don't have a huge need for z8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

TheQuietWilds posted:

If we get enhance carnival that's a bananas good event for newer players.

Other new player notes:

Experience of a Lifetime dungeon will get you a bunch of levels and a monster that feeds for a bunch of dark XP. It also skills up ult DMeta.

Cold Steel drops Mystic Ice Knights, which are G -> B orb changers that can be skilled up to 5 turns. He's relatively low cost so he can be slotted in until you're high enough rank that team cost isn't an issue. The dungeon also drops Grape Dragon skill ups.

Light Sprite is just skill ups for Sun Wukong and DQXQ.

You do get a stone for clearing each of them and can get a free Tamadra by S-Ranking the 40 stamina Cold Steel and Light Sprite.

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 13, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

So they're giving us 2x Coin Dungeon drops, and putting Hera-Sol in the next Coin Dungeon rotation, but they're not giving us the 10x +eggs bonus during that time.

Oh GungHo :allears:

Like, this is the least surprising news ever.

Cannot really bitch about it too much because we did get 10x after all.

Rinshia update: Saku/SQ/Orochi/L.Kali/Ra/Saku makes it quite painless. Her awakening removal gimmick at the end is freaking annoying but you can spend every other turn cleaning dark/poison/green orbs and setting up whopper combos. I'm making a brand-new Ra team for this dungeon with Cerberus rider but it's been difficult to skill his rear end.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

isndl posted:

I'm torn between spending the pal points on enhance dragons to max level all the secondary teams I'm considering, or saving the points for the Evo machine for Jewels and stuff. :shrug:

You can only save 20k pal points at a time, so you'd be wasting a ton of pal points doing that.

GoodBee posted:

and can get a free stone by S-Ranking the 40 stamina Cold Steel and Light Sprite.

You mean a tamadra.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

You mean a tamadra.

I did mean Tamadra. I fixed it.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

UchihaHirou posted:

Do we have any idea what kind of latent tamadras invade the select technicals? What did JP have?

Anyone know this? The pic in the announcement shows a +HP tama, but I really really need to get some dark resist tamas for my yomidra arena team

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PADGuide has ATK, HP, RCV, and Healing listed.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

two_step posted:

Anyone know this? The pic in the announcement shows a +HP tama, but I really really need to get some dark resist tamas for my yomidra arena team

I believe resist tamas can only be farmed from the 5×4s, not the technicals or normal descended invades.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
TFW you finally get the hang of stalling on Awoken Parvati in Ultimate Arena, only to accidentally plink her under 30% and trigger her 30K damage attack :cripes:

I even had my Awoken Susano all charged up and ready to use, too...

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Paul Zuvella posted:

You can only save 20k pal points at a time, so you'd be wasting a ton of pal points doing that.

Are they not sending the points in the mail like the usual daily log-in bonuses?

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
So I don't understand much of what's being written, but what I've gathered is that there will be some good stuff going down as part of the next event for newbies like me (Just hit rank 36).

Basically, a poo poo ton of PAL (so I can stop hanging on to the meager 2k I've managed to save up)

A metal dungeon or some such that will give me lots of good stuff to power level monsters (especially dark ones)

Some other stuff which probably doesn't affect me because it's too high level

Is that basically it?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Looks like a pretty quiet event for me, not that much to do other than try to get above 10% in the ranking dungeon (which hopefully will stock me up on KOTR for a while. Might try to grab a couple RCV latents for the Ama I pulled during the 4x GF and a few water resist latents for Beach Awilda in case I am ever rolling in enough MP to get the G/B MP guy.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PotatoManJack posted:

So I don't understand much of what's being written, but what I've gathered is that there will be some good stuff going down as part of the next event for newbies like me (Just hit rank 36).

Basically, a poo poo ton of PAL (so I can stop hanging on to the meager 2k I've managed to save up)

A metal dungeon or some such that will give me lots of good stuff to power level monsters (especially dark ones)

Is that basically it?

Rank 36 is very very low. Just take it easy, clear whatever you can clear, enter every special dungeon that is 10-15 stamina or so and relax.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

PotatoManJack posted:

Is that basically it?

PAL machine is going to poo poo monster XP at you, so try to get your starter up to 50 and then evo'd back to 1 this week if you can - if you can't clear the dungeons required for evo mats don't stress too much, though.
There's a dungeon that at rank 36 will give you probably dozens of rank-ups.
Free Tamadra/Stones every day, save Tama for your starter god (they will need them when you get their ultimate evolution)
If you're trying to skill anything up, now is the time, with the 2.5x skill-ups.
Lots of +eggs in technical dungeons, so clear those on Monday (challenge mode too).

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 14, 2016

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

TheQuietWilds posted:

PAL machine is going to poo poo monster XP at you, so try to get your starter up to 50 and then evo'd back to 1 this week if you can - if you can't clear the dungeons required for evo mats don't stress too much, though.
There's a dungeon that at rank 36 will give you probably dozens of rank-ups.
Free Tamadra/Stones every day, save Tama for your starter god (they will need them when you get their ultimate evolution)
If you're trying to skill anything up, now is the time, with the 2.5x skill-ups.
Lots of +eggs in technical dungeons, so clear those on Monday (challenge mode too).

Sweet - thanks for the rundown. Looks like I just need to try and grind up to rank 50 and level up my starter in the next couple of days.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

PotatoManJack posted:

Is that basically it?

Roll all your PAL points (not the Rare egg machine) now, it spits out monsters that might be useful for you.

You want to work hard to get up to 30 stamina, there is a dungeon called "Experience of a Lifetime" that will give you something like 20 ranks as soon as you run it. The monster in there can't really hurt you, so as soon as you have the stamina, run it. You also will want to run the 1 or 10 stamina dungeons that show up every day starting friday, they will give you a stone for completing them plus a tamadra.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

PotatoManJack posted:

Sweet - thanks for the rundown. Looks like I just need to try and grind up to rank 50 and level up my starter in the next couple of days.

If you can't get the evo mats, you don't need to stress levelling it up now, because you're going to get free XP dumped on you all next week. Both rank and monster.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

trucutru posted:

Sakuya, Orochi, Ra (for the predras, replace if doing the 40sta version), L. Kali and a flex spot which is another L. Kali or Delay.

You just kill everything, make sure to not let her raise her stupid shields on floor8 and then delay floor9. you have to deal a shitload of damage so five turns is actually not overkill.

Are you running regular orochi instead of awoken? I was going to awaken him and spend some pys on him.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

PotatoManJack posted:

Is that basically it?

I'm close to 800 days on my main account but I started a baby account over the holidays so I'm seeing all the new stuff for new players.

Get to whatever rank gives you 30 stamina. Then run Experience of a Lifetime. It'll blast you up in rank. I want to say it got me from whatever rank 30 stamina is to 60? Maybe? You can only beat it once. It's one monster and I don't think it hits you.

There are also going to be gift Tamadra dungeons. Make sure you run it each day of the event to get 9 Tamadra and 9 stones.

You don't have to open all your mail. The mail with the gray symbol that looks like 2 people have pal points in them. You don't have to open them until you want to roll on the Pal Egg Machine. Mail that has a Tamadra or other monster in it has a little green egg. Coins have a little coin.

If the Pal Egg Machine says something like "Enhance Carnival", it has King Dragons and Super King Dragons and a couple other things. These give a lot of monster XP. They also sell for a good number of coins but you probably don't need that now.

Running Experience of a Lifetime will probably get you to high enough rank to make a Best Friend Selection. What that does is let you pick one friend and you will always be able to use their leader, as long as they have logged in in the past 24 hours. I recommend finding a goon with a really buff that works well with yours and that they will always leave up for you. A maxed out friend leader can clear a lot of the early game all by itself.

We talk about BFF triangles in this thread because it's a good way for 3 people to all get 2 best friends. I probably wouldn't worry about that since one BFF who can carry you now is probably better than 2 newbie BFFs. You might get lucky and find 2 goons who'll take you as a 3rd but I wouldn't hold my breath.

A lot of the top-tier leaders a bunch of us are running aren't very newbie friendly though.

There's not too much more for new players this event.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
Sweet - 2.5x skillup overlaps with this set of coin dungeons for a day in case my stash of 49 Vishnu skillup mons doesn't get me all the way there. Also have Z8 on a day I have off completely and during 2.5x, so I'm gonna run that until Z8's max skilled. No 10x descends, but can't win 'em all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo can someone throw an A Haku up for a bit, I want to clear Wadatsumi.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

I was about to rage that Zaerog was on a Monday YET AGAIN, but then I remembered it's a holiday :toot: thank you based gunghoNA

But seriously why do they keep putting Zaerog on Mondays?

^^^^Yo Noodle if we aren't friends add me, I want a.haku as well for wadatsumi. 367,371,261

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 14, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Invite sent. Monday is going to be fun. I get to try to skill up a 2nd Z8. :suicide:

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Thanks again for all the info - one final question though with regards to the rank 20 Friend present thing - should I save that or just give it to a goon here? Does it do anything in the longer term?

isndl
May 2, 2012
If someone is desperate for A.Haku I can throw mine up but she only just got awoken yesterday so no skill-ups on her. No pluses either, but at least she's max level.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Man, gently caress Kaguya Hime. Figured I have nothing else to spend stamina on so why not do it today. I don't like this no awakening stuff. Already hosed up eight runs.

isndl
May 2, 2012

PotatoManJack posted:

Thanks again for all the info - one final question though with regards to the rank 20 Friend present thing - should I save that or just give it to a goon here? Does it do anything in the longer term?

Hang onto it until you find someone else who has a present, then swap with each other so you both get two presents. If you're feeling impatient try asking on Reddit or somewhere high visibility.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo can someone throw an A Haku up for a bit, I want to clear Wadatsumi.

Mine should be up now

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
If more people need A. Haku I put mine up. Hypered 399,868,301.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Are you running regular orochi instead of awoken? I was going to awaken him and spend some pys on him.

Awoken, although a max-skilled regular orochi has the advantage of letting you endure the 5-turn awakening debuff (so you can orochi->sun quan, for instance). For 99% of the cases awoken is just so much better anyways.

In any case, clearing the 40 stamina version is not much of an issue (but Ra should have an easier time anyways). The 50 stamina one is just a bitch an a half, sometimes red/light/blue orbs just don't drop at all for 2-3 turns in a row and you're completely hosed and, without awakenings, dealing the 12m damage (and hitting large combos) is actually harder than you may think.

Overall, it is indeed a coop boss and running it by yourself is asking for trouble. I'll give Yomi a few tries and see if she can outdamage the place. With Satsuki and Anubis orb-changes I bet I could one-shot her rear end no prob. Hell, with the amount of combos you need to do with Sakuya I may as well try Anubis too.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, Vulcan on the 23rd. Need a couple of him. Think I'll save up those free stones and use them if I have to. Still need that jerk Lifive though. And I need to do Defoud's dungeon first.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Between Shiva, Bastet, and Shivadragon what do you think will be the best chance for getting through this ranking dungeon fastest? I also have stuff like Ra/Horus/Sakuya but those seem like they would be too slow.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Axetrain posted:

Between Shiva, Bastet, and Shivadragon what do you think will be the best chance for getting through this ranking dungeon fastest? I also have stuff like Ra/Horus/Sakuya but those seem like they would be too slow.
I'm going Shiva Dragon because he does good damage with minimal comboing. Easier to deal with Ares' blind and Izanami's time reduction as well. Lakshmi will take a skill or two to kill.

I use Shiva Dragon for everything so whatever

RadicalCadaver
Feb 15, 2002
I've been failing miserably at Wadatsumi for the past couple of days like I do every time it comes around. A. Haku just wasn't working for me - not enough damage and I kept getting orb trolled probably due to not being able to clear enough of the board each turn.

I decided to try DMeta on a whim since I was having trouble finding A. Haku friends and absolutely destroyed the place. I never play DMeta and I'm not used to playing her at all but it wasn't even a challenge.

DMeta / A. Haku / Yomidra / Lu Bu / Z8 /DMeta

I feel like Lu Bu was important to have and Z8 was a nice luxury but any number of decent dark subs would work.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

RadicalCadaver posted:

I've been failing miserably at Wadatsumi for the past couple of days like I do every time it comes around. A. Haku just wasn't working for me - not enough damage and I kept getting orb trolled probably due to not being able to clear enough of the board each turn.

I decided to try DMeta on a whim since I was having trouble finding A. Haku friends and absolutely destroyed the place. I never play DMeta and I'm not used to playing her at all but it wasn't even a challenge.

DMeta / A. Haku / Yomidra / Lu Bu / Z8 /DMeta

I feel like Lu Bu was important to have and Z8 was a nice luxury but any number of decent dark subs would work.

I cleared it really easily with Durga, for what it's worth.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I cleared it with Haku / Haku / Z8 / Yomidra / Echidna / Haku. Pretty loving easy when 5/6 of the team is hypermaxed. You can stall on pretty much every other floor (outside of Siren) so you can use Echidna often then bring her close to ready with all the haste. Done with those so tomorrow I can either farm more challenge technicals for stones or farm thursday for green fruits for Verdandi & Kaede.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Today is the 365th consecutive day of logging in to Puzzle and Dragons. It's been an entire actual year since I have started playing this game, and I don't regret a moment of it. :toot:

Also I made Awoken Susano because of the red orb from Yamato challenge. Huzzah!

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Supposedly a list of confirmed Arena 2.0 clear teams:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YlysTF_gUMqva83W_uza36W12Ty8wagrefU5Ehix1Fg/pubhtml

Big surprise, even the teams that are lead by Awoken Pantheon gods use MP dragons as subs (YomiDra as FALuci/Anubis sub, NepDra as Ryune/BlOnia/I&I sub)

EDIT: Don't know what to think about that Xmas Echidna team though, that's gotta be a troll

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 14, 2016

isndl
May 2, 2012

TheQuietWilds posted:

EDIT: Don't know what to think about that Xmas Echidna team though, that's gotta be a troll

When you have 84k HP you can facetank the Hera pre-emptive and not give a poo poo. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I guess I stand corrected

• Locked thread