Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter of Takane and Hana is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

pandaK posted:

did they look like this?

I think they were these suckers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird%27s_eye_chili

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm too lazy to mix the bean sprouts with the sauce so I just grab some noodles, toss 'em on the spoon, shove the spoon into the broth to get some soup, throw on some bean sprouts, and then apply the two sauces directly onto the spoon.

I dump the bean sprouts into the broth but leave the onions on the plate. I also don't dip anything in a dish of sauce, I just squeeze like a metric fuckton of the sriracha right into the pho.

If your pho broth isn't crimson red by the end of the meal then you're inclined to believe in however you like to eat, but you're doing it wrong :colbert:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Artifact Adventure is pretty interesting, it's a lot like playing DQ3/FF1 for the first time, you're not sure where to go, all the monsters are kind of scary and tough, and there's a sense of mystery running throughout. Also a lot like playing any rpg for the first time I blew all my money on a gun and now I don't have any bullets for it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

oh yeah, I don't have many authentic thai pho places around here, but whenever I go to one I'll order a lot of those because I love how fruity they taste.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The first boss kicked my rear end.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Artifact Adventure is pretty interesting, it's a lot like playing DQ3/FF1 for the first time, you're not sure where to go, all the monsters are kind of scary and tough, and there's a sense of mystery running throughout. Also a lot like playing any rpg for the first time I blew all my money on a gun and now I don't have any bullets for it.

That sounds like my poo poo

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

man antibiotics are loving huge

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I've never heard of thai pho before, that sounds good af

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

pandaK posted:

oh yeah, I don't have many authentic thai pho places around here, but whenever I go to one I'll order a lot of those because I love how fruity they taste.

Now that I know how hot they are I could probably eat one now with minimal fuss. It caught me very off guard the first time

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

I dump the bean sprouts into the broth but leave the onions on the plate. I also don't dip anything in a dish of sauce, I just squeeze like a metric fuckton of the sriracha right into the pho.

If your pho broth isn't crimson red by the end of the meal then you're inclined to believe in however you like to eat, but you're doing it wrong :colbert:

I feel like tossing the bean sprouts in will make them lose their crunchiness.

Also I generally don't like adding sauces to soup. Only exception is gochujang for sundaeguk.

Hell, I even prefer my kalguksu without the kimchi seasoning that turns it red. I like my kalguksu broth the way I like my gomtang broth - white.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dryzen posted:

man antibiotics are loving huge

dryzen's rear end about to have one hell of an adventure

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Knorth posted:

:cheerdoge:

Torn between knowing I shouldn't go on about Aus.'s refugee camps here and wanting to rant about to everyone I see until we stop abusing people :( :mad:

it's really hard to find an emotional place of both stability and empathy in the world. especially as small as it is now, and how much we know about it. it's easy to muse romantically about man's inhumanity to man, but when you see young black men shot in the street by police on a monthly basis, refugee camps in australia it was until recently essentially illegal to report on, nearly across the board rising of violence, inequality, and disenfranchisement, it's difficult to actually live in that world, in a mindful way. Looking back on the past few decades I can't say I have much hope for our future either. but i know not caring wont solve anything either, even though it's hard. so keep ranting, imo

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

It was incredible.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to give Panda Nico my energy so she can create a Spirit Bomb and throw it at the North to purify the evil tainting this world.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
North America, that is.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thai poo

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I feel like tossing the bean sprouts in will make them lose their crunchiness.

Also I generally don't like adding sauces to soup. Only exception is gochujang for sundaeguk.

Hell, I even prefer my kalguksu without the kimchi seasoning that turns it red. I like my kalguksu broth the way I like my gomtang broth - white.

I hate kalguksu which is a huge pain because everyone else in my family loves it so they always make or want to go out to eat it

DisDisDis posted:

oh oops, thailand and vietnam aren't the same thing. excuse my subtle racism

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

North America, that is.

but i live there

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

pandaK posted:

but i live there

You won't have to throw very hard then

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

I hate kalguksu which is a huge pain because everyone else in my family loves it so they always make or want to go out to eat it

I don't like generic kalguksu but there's a place that my family really likes and I like it too.

For some reason I don't like hot kimchi. As in, cooked kimchi. I prefer my kimchi cold. So kimchi jjigae, budae jjigae, and the like aren't really something I enjoy.

I also hate homemade yukgaejang.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

kalguksu would be cooler if it was actually made out of knives instead of just being called that because it's cut with knives

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blhue posted:

You won't have to throw very hard then

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

kalguksu would be cooler if it was actually made out of knives instead of just being called that because it's cut with knives

A lot of names would be cooler if they were more true to their names.

Army Stew.
Knife Soup Noodles.
Getting Pissed Off Noodles.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

pandaK posted:

I can verify this to be true

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A lot of names would be cooler if they were more true to their names.

Army Stew.
Knife Soup Noodles.
Getting Pissed Off Noodles.

I know it's 짜장 and not 짜증 but whatever.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

pandaK posted:

dryzen's rear end about to have one hell of an adventure

that's essentially what I thought

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

pandaK posted:

oh oops, thailand and vietnam aren't the same thing. excuse my subtle racism

boo, they only serve it with jalapeno slices where I live. I do get bun bo hue with pig's blood in it though, which took some getting used to but is real good

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now I sorta want pho.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I also want sundaeguk and chueotang.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Tarranon posted:

it's really hard to find an emotional place of both stability and empathy in the world. especially as small as it is now, and how much we know about it. it's easy to muse romantically about man's inhumanity to man, but when you see young black men shot in the street by police on a monthly basis, refugee camps in australia it was until recently essentially illegal to report on, nearly across the board rising of violence, inequality, and disenfranchisement, it's difficult to actually live in that world, in a mindful way. Looking back on the past few decades I can't say I have much hope for our future either. but i know not caring wont solve anything either, even though it's hard. so keep ranting, imo

:unsmith: The caring is still here, don't worry about that

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

littleorv posted:

The legion did not outlive me and my combat shotgun

I did that when I first met them cause they dared me to, saying how if I don't agree, I should do something about it, so I did.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Now I sorta want pho.

just figured out i'm the only one home right now so going to a restaurant by myself is kinda lame...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

just figured out i'm the only one home right now so going to a restaurant by myself is kinda lame...

I have never understood this train of thought.

Said the fat loner.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

pandaK posted:

pretend you're a tourist

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

pandaK posted:

Do it enough times, you stop caring about it because gently caress, you are craving pho/sushi/ramen/curry/udon/Korean bbq right now!

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Fafner: Right of Left sure was a thing. Depressing and set up as a foregone conclusion from the start because all these characters sure as hell aren't going to be around when the main series starts, but still. Getting the mk 1 mecha sucks.

The important part is that Fafner remains the most under-appreciated mecha series.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Do it enough times, you stop caring about it because gently caress, you are craving pho/sushi/ramen/curry/udon/Korean bbq right now!

Still miss Canadian AYCE Korean BBQs.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Davincie posted:

pretend you're a tourist

I go there all the time and don't like it when the owners ask me what's going on with the rest of the family and why i came alone this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

I go there all the time and don't like it when the owners ask me what's going on with the rest of the family and why i came alone this time.

Oh, right, I forgot that you're a short twintailed idol.

• Locked thread