Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dryzen posted:

I guess this is a bad opinion or something but I like both of them

It's not a bad opinion to like Nozomi and Kotori.

Unless you're talking about their singing voices in which case that is a bad opinion in my (bad) opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

That is what I mean

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's not a bad opinion to like Nozomi and Kotori.

Unless you're talking about their singing voices in which case that is a bad opinion in my (bad) opinion.

Once they're not singing super high and squeaky they get better, but not by too much imo
Yurika Kubo's Hanayo voice on Kodoku na Heaven is so much better than almost any other Hanayo vocal she does though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I started out really like Eli (for the best LL song ever) and Maki (the piano rendition of Aishiteru Banzai from the anime) to the point where I thought BiBi had the best vocals, but I've come to really like how powerful Umi's voice can get, especially when singing with Lily White, and Rin's singing voice isn't as cutesy as her speaking voice and is really nice to listen to as well.

I'm not fond of most Printemps songs but I like the powerful / rock-ish ones like No Exit Orion and Love Marginal.

Though I do like sweet&sweet holiday as well.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Kotori's "Spicaterrible" is actually pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlJJK7kHZPw . It's high pitched sure, but it's in tune and not squeaky at all, definitely my favorite Kotori performance.

Hanayo's voice actress is my favorite (As well as Eri's but that's a given, and not just because she's best girl) because her voice is crazy versatile. Nothing beats her solo Love Marginal in my opinion, and I really wish they'd stop squeaking her up super high in group singles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i1kH9FBcVk

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I like Spicaterrible a lot, which is weird because I loath Kotori's singing voice. sweet&sweet holiday is the worst Love Live song, but part of that is the scars I bear to this day from the torturous no-EX first event.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I have gotten ridiculous luck this Hanayo Medley Festival event on SIF EN. I've gotten 3 scouting tickets from gold rewards. This combined with the 1 I got from the last Medley festival and 2 from ranking the last 2 events, puts me at a solid 6 scouting tickets. Not sure which set I want to use them on yet.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
BREAKING NEWS

Love Live! Sunshine!! anime announced for summer!

Aqours R cards confirmed for SIF! R set, idolized outfits are for Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai? (not like there were alternatives though). Supposedly going into seal shop at end of month.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

BREAKING NEWS

Love Live! Sunshine!! anime announced for summer!

Aqours R cards confirmed for SIF! R set, idolized outfits are for Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai? (not like there were alternatives though). Supposedly going into seal shop at end of month.

Life is worth living again.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Life is worth living again.

Thankfully; I was getting worried there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Thankfully; I was getting worried there.

While there are no long blue haired idols there are still a fair amount of long haired idols and perhaps one of them will be the best girl.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Kanan's hair is bluish-purplish. Yohane's is bluish. Good prospects.

graybook fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 11, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

Kanan's hair is bluish-purplish. Yohane's is bluish. Good prospects.

I haven't bothered remembering their names yet.

It'll take an anime for me to remember them.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Can't believe nobody told me L・O・B・M stands for Love Organised Boost Music, this changes everything nothing.

graybook posted:

Aqours R cards confirmed for SIF!

There haven't been any before now, right? Sounds like they're getting things started.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Wooo. I really like Aqours so far, so I'm looking forward to them being in the game. Maybe then I can finally pick a favorite.

Forever waiting for A-RISE.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Apathetic Panda posted:

Forever waiting for A-RISE.

A-RISE is Godot.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
We're The Friends! is still stupid
stupid 22-star rating you're more like a 24-star
Maybe I just have it a little too fast but 9.5 is my default speed now I think

stupid still can't combo this song

I am retraining myself onto fingers instead of thumbs so hopefully I can be better at this game.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Oh, they changed the SS caravan system, now you get fixed medals to exchange instead of randomly receiving the cards. I think I preferred random, 2000 medals is a long way away.

e: or is it both?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Polsy posted:

Oh, they changed the SS caravan system, now you get fixed medals to exchange instead of randomly receiving the cards. I think I preferred random, 2000 medals is a long way away.

It's both. You can still get the event stuff as random drops, with better odds via matching grooves and high star rank on the center idol, but you can also get the medal as an item drop which you can exchange for event idols or items.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

taser rates posted:

It's both. You can still get the event stuff as random drops, with better odds via matching grooves and high star rank on the center idol, but you can also get the medal as an item drop which you can exchange for event idols or items.

Right. I'm sure they'll have lowered the drop rates, but it's better than nothing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i wish i was surrounded by a throng of kaede chans

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Terrifying. also can't imagine having 10 of the same Rare card to burn, but maybe she's pretty common.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

book posted:

2. Should I max out levels before upgrading idols to the + version?

Preliminary results (aka I just tried it out on one Normal idol) say it makes no difference.

Also I only just noticed there was a joke "song" in Must Songs Blue as well as Red, nice

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Polsy posted:

Can't believe nobody told me L・O・B・M stands for Love Organised Boost Music, this changes everything nothing.

Actually, it stands for Low Orbiting Battle Missile.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Welp. Tonight is the night to spend some gems for Hanayo if you need to. Putting this here for myself as much as anyone else that may need it.

e: English motherfucker; I could swear I speak it.

ChubbyThePhat fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 13, 2016

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Pulled an SR from the local gacha in CGSS, pretty sure I just used all my luck for the year.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think I played all of two medleys after burning myself out on a mad four-hour sprint at the end of the Nico event. Too much rhythm.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Gotta spend today grinding out some points of Medfes for Tier 2, luckily my rank is so high I don't even to burn too many love gems to do it. I considered T1 because it's Hanayo and Hanayo is the best but I don't think I'll have the time unfortunately. I was really off my game in this medfes too, embarrassingly so, I barely got any treasure chests for combo clears on EX. I have no idea what was going on. Too much hanging out on Hard Mode I guess.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I FINALLY GOT NOZOMI.

MY FIRST EVENT SR.

ALSO MY FIRST RED ATTRIBUTE SR.

SO HAPPY.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

:v: only ~100 plays on master, if you managed to get caravan coins™ every time. Somehow, it's more painful now. Before you'd just not get an idol, but now getting nothing but even more shoes just feels a bit like a thumb in the eye.

Incidentally:

Polsy posted:

Terrifying. also can't imagine having 10 of the same Rare card to burn, but maybe she's pretty common.

I don't know how it was in CG (I'm assuming that's where that's from? What's even going on in that image?) but [Ask] me about my star-level 9 ninja girl.
…She does not seem to be helping with the drop rate very much.

book
Nov 29, 2014
Is it common to get SRs to drop from the caravan event? I've already received 4 SRs just from playing songs.

Edit: 10-pulled and only got fatty SR..

book fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 14, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I will plug my ears rather than hear this slander against Kanako

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

book posted:

Is it common to get SRs to drop from the caravan event? I've already received 4 SRs just from playing songs.

Edit: 10-pulled and only got fatty SR..
The non-rare caravan SR drops quite often. It's the main event SR that's a huge main in the rear end to get.

Kanako is cute from the virtue of not being a stick but is very dull personality wise (probably made worse since I can only hear her voice as Kyoko from Yuruyuri who has a very fun personality). I only kind of like her due to idol Stockholm syndrome from owning her Halloween card.

book
Nov 29, 2014
Yeah, Kanako is kinda like the girl that eats all the time in LWA2. There's just not much substance there. Also, she's in the worst unit outside of New Gen.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

I don't know how it was in CG (I'm assuming that's where that's from? What's even going on in that image?) but [Ask] me about my star-level 9 ninja girl.
…She does not seem to be helping with the drop rate very much.

Yeah, it's the lesson animation from CG. Ninja girl is my best (8) star Passion idol too, though I have a 9 in Cute shrine maidens.

They made a Kanako-solo version of Happy x2 Days, including replacing the Anzu rap sections. She...talks about her diet.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

I'm waiting on these 2 events definitely going for 3 SRs on both

My new plan for EN is to save up all the love gems and friend points then unload after that store update. I have enough regular rares for at least 2 blue tickets.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Ooookay. I have the formula for bond as a function of combo in GFNote figured out for the range of combo values [0,199]. I could devise one for [200,399] but I need a lot more data because the resultant value increases more in that range.

[0,99]: B = C/10 + (C > 50 ? 4 : 0)
[100,199]: B = 23 + [(C-100) / 10] + (C > 150 ? 4 : 0)

graybook fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 14, 2016

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

graybook posted:

Ooookay. I have the formula for bond as a function of combo in GFNote figured out for the range of combo values [0,199]. I could devise one for [200,399] but I need a lot more data because the resultant value increases more in that range.

[0,99]: B = C/10 + (C > 50 ? 4 : 0)
[100,199]: B = 23 + [(C-100) / 10] + (C > 150 ? 4 : 0)

That's the same as LLSIF for C < 200. See below (all division is integer division):

Bond = Sum for all C: C/10 + 4*(C/50) + 5*(C/100) + (C-200)/10 - (C-200)/50

i.e. 1 per 10, except 2 per 10 above 200, except 5 per 50, except 10 per 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Got my New Year Nozo!

And I did a BiBi draw, with great results!

And after maxing her bond so that she would take her rightful place at the top of my bond list, idolized!

I think this cements my JP account as my main. Just a bit more to go before my teams are max leveled.