Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
When Gall beats Punk he should be a $1.99 UFC2 DLC rated 86 overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

CM Punk's wicked sick scam; give myself severe brain damage while making someone else a lot of money.

but enough about his time in wwe

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Jerusalem posted:

What happens if Michael Jackson wins the fight? Does he fight CM Punk?

Dana said on Twitter that Michael Jackson (who is 11-10) would not fight CM Punk if he wins.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I think it's cool that CM Punk already has a potential opponent lined up. Cause either CM Punk has to fight that Gall guy sometime this year, or he delays his debut even more and UFC has to sign another 0-0 guy to the promotion.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Jiro posted:

If that's him in the above picture he's already halfway there by somehow looking like a sleazier Dean Ambrose.

that's dan quinn

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

i think it's funny that the guy who might fight CM Punk also fought Rod Templeton and will Fight Michael Jackson, maybe he will make it a trifecta and fight amateur MMA fighter Quincy Jones.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Too bad this guy lost his pro debut because Hart/Punk would put some butts in seats http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brett-Hart-109837

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

DannoMack posted:

Too bad this guy lost his pro debut because Hart/Punk would put some butts in seats http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brett-Hart-109837

A main event between two vanilla midgets? That ain't gonna draw, brother.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

lol that guy also fought someone named Michael Jackson. Is there a weird celebrity impersonator amateur mma scene and can someone link me to the vice article on it?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jiro posted:

If that's him in the above picture he's already halfway there by somehow looking like a sleazier Dean Ambrose.

that's him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DannoMack posted:

lol that guy also fought someone named Michael Jackson. Is there a weird celebrity impersonator amateur mma scene and can someone link me to the vice article on it?

George Bush III was a fun name a few years ago.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Dana said on Twitter that Michael Jackson (who is 11-10) would not fight CM Punk if he wins.

Well that's not very fair then, no wonder MJ has such a poor win/loss record, he lacks confidence because Dana doesn't believe in him!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'll admit I can't see Dan Quinn beating anyone by submission, but it apparently happened http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dan-Quinn-2583

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I'm guessing Michael Jackson wouldn't fight him because no athletic commission worth its salt would sanction a fight between a guy with zero fights and a guy with 22 fights.

They most likely want Punk debuting at UFC 200 in Vegas and that is not a fight the NAC would sanction.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm trying to work out which is worse: being the guy who gets signed because they think you're bad enough to lose to CM Punk, or being the guy that they've decided is bad enough to lose to the guy bad enough to lose to CM Punk to give him legitimacy.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm trying to work out which is worse: being the guy who gets signed because they think you're bad enough to lose to CM Punk, or being the guy that they've decided is bad enough to lose to the guy bad enough to lose to CM Punk to give him legitimacy.

If you're bad enough for either thing to occur in your career odds are that was your ceiling regardless

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Skinty McEdger posted:

or be the guy that fucks up all the plans because the MMA gods will is unknowable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh and cool dumb fact. Mickey Gall's RNC win in his first pro MMA match was held at the 2300 arena. AKA the ECW Arena, a building CM Punk worked quite a few times.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Le Saboteur posted:

I'm guessing Michael Jackson wouldn't fight him because no athletic commission worth its salt would sanction a fight between a guy with zero fights and a guy with 22 fights.

They most likely want Punk debuting at UFC 200 in Vegas and that is not a fight the NAC would sanction.

Apparently the the Michael Jackson fighting Gall is not the Michael Jackson who is 11-10, but a different Michael Jackson who is making his pro debut.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Le Saboteur posted:

They would.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Lloyd Boner posted:

Apparently the the Michael Jackson fighting Gall is not the Michael Jackson who is 11-10, but a different Michael Jackson who is making his pro debut.

Is it the Michael Jackson who lost to Brett Hart in an amateur fight? Please say yes.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

DannoMack posted:

Is it the Michael Jackson who lost to Brett Hart in an amateur fight? Please say yes.

Doesn't seem like it, sorry.

He posted his last fight on reddit, which was his pro kickboxing debut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbxq3CIaR5k

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'm less sure why a 1-0 Michael Jackson would not be considered as CM Punk's opponent as opposed to seasoned 12-10 veteran Michael Jackson but I'm guessing the Nick the Tooth road trip show is involved heavily in the decision.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

I think if he beats Gall impressively and calls out Punk after he'll probably get the fight.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
The 12-10 guy probably has some decent skills despite being a bad fighter. tons of fighters have poor looking records, doesn't mean that they can't beat the poo poo out of a striped white belt.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
CM Punk doing freakshow fights vs Michael Jackson impersonators and the like would be the best thing ever. Have him fight Doink the clown, Vanilla Ice, two midgets stacked in a bear costume. Then when it gets stale bring in Butterbean to murder him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CM Punk got knocked out by Teddy Hart

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bubba Smith posted:

The 12-10 guy probably has some decent skills despite being a bad fighter. tons of fighters have poor looking records, doesn't mean that they can't beat the poo poo out of a striped white belt.

cm punk vs mark hunt

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

LobsterMobster posted:

cm punk vs mark hunt

I don't think it's fair to Mark Hunt to include all of his pre-UFC fights at 11-10-1, where he had a bit of a downward slope. I instead only look at his overall UFC record, which is 6-4-1. Much improved.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I agree, CM Punk should fight Mark Hunt.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fatherdog posted:

I agree, CM Punk should fight Mark Hunt.

I'd buy this PPV

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

K-1 WGP champ vs. 2 time WWE Heavyweight champion, seems legit.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/cm-punk-complex-interview-ufc-wwe/

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

here's the full interview for those interestedi: http://ca.complex.com/sports/2016/02/cm-punk-second-act

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

schweens posted:

here's the full interview for those interestedi: http://ca.complex.com/sports/2016/02/cm-punk-second-act

Something tells me this will make his first loss very satisfying to most people.

He really is a great worker! :haw:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Newcomers are always brought in to do the job, brother.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Oh god could punk be any more of an rear end in a top hat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a lot of flowering up in this piece for what essentially amounts to:
Generic question > Overly bitter response times three.

That said, at least Punk is open about his abrasiveness and doesn't want to pretend he's anything but. You know where you stand with him at least. (He doesn't think you are worth his time)

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
Absolutely no way that he fights eight times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's a lot of flowering up in this piece for what essentially amounts to:
Generic question > Overly bitter response times three.

That said, at least Punk is open about his abrasiveness and doesn't want to pretend he's anything but. You know where you stand with him at least. (He doesn't think you are worth his time)

it's gonna be really funny when someone who has grappled before gets him with a double kneebar

• Locked thread