Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Don't knock your drawing skills, your black and white sketch already has more thought and character in it than the *generic grey space suit #144627896*

Looks a bit 2000ad cursed earth to me, which is good.

I feel sorry for the artists at CIG. They're obviously really good but constantly hamstrung by captian blando and his death by 1000 revisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

"C'mon you apes! You wanna live forever?!"
*stuffs face furiously with hamburger and has cardiac arrest*

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Daztek posted:

Can't wait for all these physics grids to collide and turn into a massive blackhole server crash.

you don't have to wait, it is happening now.

most of my ramming ended up crashing my game because my ship went inside a constellation/retaliator

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Bolow posted:

Like if you wanna have dumb lights and poo poo projecting out of your helmet at least make it look loving cool

Don't care what anyone says, that's loving awesome! :D Eyepatch space helmets? love it!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

illectro posted:

* having a computer that's too slow and making SC look bad because of this (i7-6700K + 980TI + 32gigs).

tbf those are plebe trash computer specs. please stop talking poo poo about SC since it's clearly still a work in progress and clearly coming along nicely.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/312879/concierge-black-card-pre-order-vip-leaves-me-feeling-jibbed-image-attatched

You simply cannot make this poo poo up

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

jealous of the yuuge luxurious display of wealth?

ether
May 20, 2001

Avalanche posted:

Rotating planets confirmed!

Can't wait for rotating space balls to fly off of their loving axis or someone crashing their ship into one causing the thing to go to hyperspace speed
But if they rotate it would be a shame to not have them orbiting their sun right? I mean, it's just flopping three thingamabobs in the procedural generation settings file right?

Then you could also make a cartography ship/profession!

So excited!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CrazyLoon posted:

"C'mon you apes! You wanna live forever?!"
*stuffs face furiously with hamburger and has cardiac arrest*

"Your life was ended by chest pains." [3x]

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

EightAce posted:

On a side note:
I happened to be listening to the UK band the Smiths the other night and as far I'm concerned Morrisey is a SC backer !!!! look at these song titles its like a soundtrack to the development!

Bigmouth strikes again
How soon is now
I don't owe you anything
I know its over
I started something I couldn't finish
I want the one I cant have
Miserable lie
Money changes everything
Nowhere fast
panic
Stop me if you think you've heard this one before
These things take time
Your the one for me fatty
Best friend on the payroll

I know it's gonna happen someday
p.s. :golfclap:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Agrajag posted:

jealous of the yuuge luxurious display of wealth?

To be honest I'm pretty upset that they've overstated the value of that card so much.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Chalks posted:

To be honest I'm pretty upset that they've overstated the value of that card so much.

ahh but did you not notice the artisanal qualities of the product?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Agrajag posted:

ahh but did you not notice the artisanal qualities of the product?

Can't put a price on artwork of that calibre.

But really, you'd have thought that selling products that were literally worthless would have a tax benefit when you ship them to people. A customs form with "Worthless junk, honestly you couldn't give this stuff away. Technically you should be paying me" under the value column is more what I'd expect to see. I guess they couldn't fit that on so they just wrote $1.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Chalks posted:

But really, you'd have thought that selling products that were literally worthless would have a tax benefit when you ship them to people. A customs form with "Worthless junk, honestly you couldn't give this stuff away. Technically you should be paying me" under the value column is more what I'd expect to see. I guess they couldn't fit that on so they just wrote $1.

Or just "Star Citizen"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Dongattack posted:

What's this about the Shart Citizens hating Scott Manley? All he has done as far afaik is release a unlisted, hidden and really timid vid about the SC debacle, and outside of that has a loving let's play or something going of it. What happened?

* filthy goon
* once made a video expressing some skepticism about the holiest of holy
* quite popular on youtube so his dirty heresy will spread

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Chalks posted:

Stunned by the fact they are actually saying this is a good thing. 'Yes you have been robbed blind for a badly designed chunk of metal, BUT they have said it's worthless so you get a nice tax break....always thinking of the backer '

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Reposting the image as they might delete the thread.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Squadron 42 is like those lovely t-shirts that lazily combine pop culture reference + videogame that they charge way too much for and you are embarrassed to wear in public.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

dogboy posted:

I am fully expecting CIG to ask for $50+ for SQ42 (Chapter 1? Chapter 2,3,4 will be DLCs?) from everyone when/if it comes out. claiming "Technically its not Star Citizen, its a standalone spinoff!". I will be laughing so hard.

Edit: It would be even more hilarious when they go ahead and move SQ42 and everything supporting it into a new company, lets say ROG (Rip Off Gaming), and bid CIG farewell and let it sink.

I'm probably giving them too much credit but I doubt even CIG would pull that. Split SQ42 and give backers the smallest slice, maybe.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

EminusSleepus posted:

you don't have to wait, it is happening now.

most of my ramming ended up crashing my game because my ship went inside a constellation/retaliator

The anti griefer code is working perfectly :smug:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Agrajag posted:

tbf those are plebe trash computer specs. please stop talking poo poo about SC since it's clearly still a work in progress and clearly coming along nicely.

You need at least titan X in SLI before you can have a valid opinion on Chris' opus.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Berious posted:

You need at least titan X in SLI before you can have a valid opinion on Chris' opus.

if you're not spending thousands on your rig to go with the thousands you're spending on jpegs then I don't know what to tell you

this is a work of art that we will be immersed in for the next ten years at least, show some commitment

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

China really needs to add a "Manchild doodad" do their customs form categories.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

For those with new Platinum accounts, please be aware that your account has to be at least 6 months old before you can see Platinum redacted messages. You can request being whitelisted by writing a thread in GBS and explaining why you feel the block should be lifted.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 14, 2016

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
:cawg:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

He is trolling you with the GBS thing if you didn't get that already, just go to QCS, make a thread and they will give you access.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Berious posted:

This is what people keep missing. In Chris's vision, it's all about THE FUTURE. He's not designing his game for PCs available now - he's designing his system for the new quantum computers OF TOMORROW (available 2035). I realize not everyone here has access to a time machine so I took the liberty of jumping ahead and have verified the following:

- You will need 4 quantum Astek™ processors with PSI-com interleave
- Cold-fusion power core with unobtainium casing
- Monster™-cables for the neural interface
- Silver clearance or higher for Earth-Gov holoweb access

Now I was rather impressed, personally. With the above setup I was able to get a stable 25 FPS when getting out of bed. The game only crashes once per hour. They still don't have all the ships in, and the ships they do have don't fly or feel right, and you still just have the one generic spaceman. But they did finish with the following:

- Birds (they just sit in your hangar in cages)
- A second star system
- A sniper subclass (this puts a patch on your uniform that says "Snipur" - spelling error to be fixed in a future patch)
- Wave 67 introduced an entirely new class of jpegs that allow you to design other jpegs
- SQ42 celebrated its 100th non-interactive OmniTube demo reel and is nearing completion
- Vanduul had to be replaced when we were contacted by a real alien race of the same name - they were not amused - new aliens to be called the "FightFuri"

It still looks like poo poo though.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

To be fair that's a normal thing to do so people don't have to pay out the rear end to get their packages.

Anyone who ships things internationally on the regular lies about the value and sometimes what the contents are.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

of course it's only worth $1, it's a small metal card

As shabby as that is, $1 value for every $1000 spent is the best return on investment any whale's going to get out of SC

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nation posted:

He is trolling you with the GBS thing if you didn't get that already, just go to QCS, make a thread and they will give you access.

Last time this issue crept up you said "Just post in YOSPOS and PM Lowtax directly".

Got a 7-day probation for it. Jerk.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

fuctifino posted:

For those with new Platinum accounts, please be aware that your account has to be at least 6 months old before you can see Platinum redacted messages. You can request being whitelisted by writing a thread in GBS and explaining why you feel the block should be lifted.

Ohhhh :sigh: well I fell for it as well, could be worse things to spend it on, like jpegs. :toot:

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jan 14, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

This is the best thread.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Scruffpuff posted:

- Wave 67 introduced an entirely new class of jpegs that allow you to design other jpegs

Oh god it's the jpeg singularity we were warned about. In the grim dark future of video games there is only lossy picture formats.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Romes128 posted:

To be fair that's a normal thing to do so people don't have to pay out the rear end to get their packages.

Anyone who ships things internationally on the regular lies about the value and sometimes what the contents are.

It's also illegal to do that.

It's a $1 card. CIG just gouges them because they can.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AP posted:

This is the best thread.

It is also the worst thread.
Maybe that's why it's the best?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

spacetoaster posted:

Business man. Just business.

I got a personal tour of their miniature production factory in Memphis. They are very well organizesd, very well run, and very open and polite.

My wife and I also got to hang out with Raymond Swanland (codex eldar art guy) and paint with him.

I also got to meet all their factory staff, and training staff, who are all very cool.

GW is very bad at business is the thing

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

That card is worth $1 if anyone thinks it costs more than that you are stupid

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nation posted:

It's the same reason the track jackets had a declared value of $15.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Nation posted:

Hey now, just because you can get them cheap doesn't mean you have to. It looks like these bad boys can cost upwards of $3 each!

…but yes, the value is probably overstated by a factor of 5 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!
This game just keeps giving on all entertainment avenues, this is the most fun I've had playing a Christ Robert's game since Privateer.

Who gives a poo poo about a release date, I can't wait for the 20k+ True Believer crowd to start posting 'what did I pay for!' threads and freak the gently caress out!

• Locked thread