Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This is the most beautiful thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Can you write faster because I need more crack

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

AAAAH JUST A FRIEND

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Let's go get some crack!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They even had the same "how about that guy"!
Seriously I realize most of these folks probably don't have a lot on their plates but like... they're batting 100 on getting'em.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Having just recently watched "The Gang Recycle their trash", this episode isn't doing it for me so far

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They even had the same "how about that guy"!
Seriously I realize most of these folks probably don't have a lot on their plates but like... they're batting 100 on getting'em.

The welfare lady's "I'm done with this bullshit" was so loving perfect this many years later.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

The waitress is in a women's shelter

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna throw her out the window back to 2006!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Frank's back!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That was way better than the premise should've allowed.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They are really reusing the episodes.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Frank's check was drawn on a Swiss bank account under the name "warthog industries." Is that a new thing?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Eat This Glob posted:

Frank's check was drawn on a Swiss bank account under the name "warthog industries." Is that a new thing?

Callback to his nickname during his years in business I assume

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
That wasn't a good episode, but had a couple real good laughs.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This was almost a clipshow. And I didn't think it was terribly good.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

hemophilia posted:

This was almost a clipshow. And I didn't think it was terribly good.

It's a weaker version of the gang recycle their trash

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Are we having a gangbang?" made me laugh very loudly :)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"No-one in the history of crack has ever woken up with more crack, Dennis."

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Not one of my favorite episodes and not to sound like donkey brained misogynist but is it just me or was Kaitlin distractingly beautiful in this episode?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Not one of my favorite episodes and not to sound like donkey brained misogynist but is it just me or was Kaitlin distractingly beautiful in this episode?

She didn't look made up to look unattractive for a change. It's a bit weird, but maybe they're going somewhere with it (Dee gets more attractive while Dennis starts falling apart?)

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Overall it was a weak episode of Sunny, but like any weak episode of this series there were some great isolated lines and moments. I was chuckling this morning at the moment Frank recovers his memory, and his first question regarding the people in the apartment is "Are we havin' a gangbang?"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
While not the best, I loved this episode. The attention to detail they have for a cable comedy show is amazing.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I've seen every episode of Sunny many times so they kind of run together a bit, especially season 2. Were all of the callbacks in last night's episode from one Season 2 episode? I know for sure they were all callbacks to Season 2, which you could almost consider the beginning of Sunny since season 1 was so different in tone, But I couldn't remember if Dennis and Dee getting addicted to crack happened in the same episode as Mac, Charlie, and Frank going to the strip club

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Looks like it goes from Charlie gets Crippled which is when they go to the strip club, to Dennis and Dee go on Welfare which is when they get on crack. I think they were trying to prevent Mac Bangs Dennis' mom because I think that's when Frank bangs the waitress.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

Looks like it goes from Charlie gets Crippled which is when they go to the strip club, to Dennis and Dee go on Welfare which is when they get on crack. I think they were trying to prevent Mac Bangs Dennis' mom because I think that's when Frank bangs the waitress.

Yeah, you're right. That makes me appreciate the episode a bit more. It was similar to The Gang Recycles Their Trash, but it had a bit of a twist in the fact that they were reliving Season 2 in chronological order trying to prevent that one occurrence, like you said.

Like virtually every Sunny episode, I'll appreciate it more on rewatch, and so will all of you :)

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
It's kind of strange that the first two episodes of the new season are so callback heavy. If I didn't know that they had another season already signed I would be worried that this was a "victory lap" season like "Parks and Recreation" had for its last season.

Then again -- two episodes. I'm looking forward to the Ski episode now, although now I wonder if it won't echo the Jersey Shore episode ...

Favourite part of last night: "You just want the skins, right?"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Dee demolishing Dennis after his moment of candor was brilliant, the way Kaitlin twists her face after he goes on about her acting career you just knew she was gonna tear into him.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I was most interested that they finally put a number on Franks endless supply of goddamn money

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

drunken officeparty posted:

I was most interested that they finally put a number on Franks endless supply of goddamn money

I like that his money is a moving target 'cause he always has the amount of money they need for the episode to work.

Sometimes he's broke and won't bail the gang out anymore. Bars are expensive and theirs doesn't get much customers.
Sometimes he's rich and can finance whatever. He's always got various scams and schemes in the works.

Frank is great.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I love how quickly they decided to put Frank in a home. "Yeah." "I'll get the car."

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I love how quickly they decided to put Frank in a home. "Yeah." "I'll get the car."

Oh man, I thought they said "put him in a hole".

Actually I think I'm going to keep thinking that

nopants
May 29, 2004
You've got to pay the troll toll to get into this Frank's hole.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

the only joke that fell really flat for me was when the waitress mentioned she had been living in a women's shelter and mac says something like "oh yeah, you would live there, you're the worst". it didn't feel like they were making a joke about the waitress character; it felt like they were mocking women's shelters as terrible places to have to be.

sjw-tears aside i didn't much care for the entire espisode being based around flash backs. the best joke was charlie's line in the strip club with mac "oh yeah, it's 2006, you're still into women".

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Pappy McPoyle coming back means we are probably getting another callback episode

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think that might have been the strongest joke. Something that really needs to come up in their Seinfeld moment if they ever do one. Do Charlie and Dee have anything like Mac and Dennis? I know she's oblivious to how bad she is at acting but that doesn't seem as big as being a potential serial killer or being in denial of being gay. All Charlie really has is illiteracy.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

drunken officeparty posted:

Pappy McPoyle coming back means we are probably getting another callback episode

They could just involve McPoyles in general, they have plenty of times before.

I'm not super into the McPoyles, except for "Who Got Dee Pregnant" where they were brief and great

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I'm normally not too keen on the McPoyles either, but they're a great addition to "The Gang Gets Invincible."

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

That was a pretty weak episode for me. Two weeks of call backs in a row is a little much. Seeing half the jokes coming a mile away didn't help the jokes land. That being said, the new stuff was on point as always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Was the direction or lighting or something very different inside Paddy's in the first shots after Frank falls out the window then goes to see Dee and Dennis? It was so jarring I thought they were trying to do some kind of visual metaphor for Frank "being in 2006" but it just kinda stopped and I guess it was just me.