Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

rabidsquid posted:

i got a power core one time and it is too loving short duration. if i could regularly get them i would never run them
I've gotten one several times and each time I like to pretend I'm Santa Claus distributing challenge progress.

I also camp it hard because that's my goddamn Power Core and I need the challenge progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

On now ready to punch laptops

PSN:BostonZombie

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mister Macys posted:

Games > Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - stoned on pain killers cod is when i am at my most deadliest. :fireman:

I'm sorry, CoD is more an "Inject drugs and have a chair fall on your arm" type of game, this title is inaccurate.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
:smith:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

When I die I fully expect you morons to make fun of me, damnit.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009
Something is up with XBox Live - I cant invite anyone to party / game and I cant join on anyone. Tried inviting you DJ and Knight but they dont seem to go through.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Lazyfire posted:

When I die I fully expect you morons to make fun of me, damnit.

Please make more counterstrike videos. I very much enjoyed watching them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

On now ready to punch laptops

PSN:BostonZombie

:haw:

I won't be on until 11-ish; doing laundry. Will shitpost on Twitch via phone if Fuzzo is streaming. :regd08:

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

Mister Macys posted:

:haw:

I won't be on until 11-ish; doing laundry. Will shitpost on Twitch via phone if Fuzzo is streaming. :regd08:

I'll be home and on in about 45 minutes just gotta finish my workout

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

RIP

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

el B posted:

I feel asleep last night watching the great "Race to give 6 people a nice fuckin day now in one match" . Did you get it after I passed out, Fuzzy?

Five several times :(

3 six sprees left and I'm done with the drat hero body armor on everyone though!

We'll see how tonight goes. Alcoholic probably.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

On now and starting my Stupid bad stream https://www.twitch.tv/the_fuzzinator

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Fibby Boy posted:

Please make more counterstrike videos. I very much enjoyed watching them.

Every few weeks I think about it and realize it's far less stressful to have a few bad rounds in BLOPS3 or other games than it is to do well at CS:GO. The pressure is real.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Are you still playing PC only Broman? I miss our shenanigans.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Smelly posted:

Are you still playing PC only Broman? I miss our shenanigans.

Yep. I thought about buying a PS4 not too long ago but basically everything I like comes out on the PC and I have a pretty good group of people I play multiplayer games with that has replaced the CoD crew.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I really really like the razorback. Like flat out love using this gun. he only smg in this whole game that just works for me.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Lazyfire posted:

Yep. I thought about buying a PS4 not too long ago but basically everything I like comes out on the PC and I have a pretty good group of people I play multiplayer games with that has replaced the CoD crew.

Can't fault ya there. There really isn't too much in the way of exclusives at the moment to justify buying one if you've got a good PC.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Somebody get online and play with boston, jones, and I.

Edit: No seriously. Quit jerking yourselves off about the powerball and play video games.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 14, 2016

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Pretty_Llama posted:

Something is up with XBox Live - I cant invite anyone to party / game and I cant join on anyone. Tried inviting you DJ and Knight but they dont seem to go through.

Yeah tonight sucked between broken Xbox parties and laggy connections.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I skipped 2300 posts in this thread, who punched a laptop? Goons.txt twitter posted it and it's hilarious.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I am sorry about our last game. I spent almost all of it basically doubled over in pain.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Fibby Boy posted:

I am sorry about our last game. I spent almost all of it basically doubled over in pain.

It happens. More drugs = more happiness though

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

JaySB posted:

It happens. More drugs = more happiness though

I gotta moderate how many of these I take. I don't wanna get addicted.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

All hero body armor done :toot:

Gravity Spikes loving sucked.

Heads should be a lot easier. Rejack will suck, Glitch might be annoying, the others are whatever.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Fibby Boy posted:

I gotta moderate how many of these I take. I don't wanna get addicted.
...sounds like quitter talk to me. :colbert:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Someone PC with me, I am very, very tired of Pubs. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shockeh

Also, the pubmind has worked out that Shotguns are actually absurd in a KB/M environment, and now every server is about 30-50% shotguns.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So the processing delay and 20 tick rate server->client updates makes the game best response rate slower than Battlefield 4's worst on a 30 tickrate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RmA9Jd_SKg

quote:

The client-to-server update-rate is actually calculated as follows: cls.realtime - CL_GetLocalClientGlobals(localClientNum)- >outPackets[oldPacketNum].p_realtime >= 33. In other words, if "the current time" minus "the time the last update was sent" >= 33 (milliseconds), another packet can be sent. This is not performed in a separate thread, meaning the update-rate is strongly tied to the client's frame-rate. Likewise, certain frame-rates will result in a significant and otherwise unexpected change in network delay; a perfectly-stable 60FPS will send packets every 33.33ms (16.66ms, 33.33ms->), while a perfectly-stable 61FPS will send packets every 49.18ms (16.39ms, 32.79ms, 49.18ms->). Frame-rates are not that stable in reality, of course, but jumping between 60-61 FPS is common enough to create a noticeable inconsistency in gameplay.

It should be a similar story on consoles unless you are on a player hosted server.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That's pretty bad, but the delay is also awful, and that's on PC's "100% dedicated servers."

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

Lazyfire posted:

I'm sorry, CoD is more an "Inject drugs and have a chair fall on your arm" type of game, this title is inaccurate.

Goddamn

Nighthand posted:

I skipped 2300 posts in this thread, who punched a laptop? Goons.txt twitter posted it and it's hilarious.

Link to this?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I was raging pretty hard yesterday, because Gravity Spikes is loving awful.

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

:lol:MARINES:lol:
So this is my first real CoD and it's a lot of fun but I can't seem to really get the hang of it I guess. It seems like the biggest trick is maybe anticipating where the bad guys are? Do I just need to play more? I made it to the 50s and I think my favorite weapon is the burst assault rifle.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Learn the maps and get a feel for the spawns. Play with goons and don't use SMGs.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

don't use SMGs.

the worst advice.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Learn the maps and get a feel for the spawns. Play with goons and don't use SMGs.

This (except the SMG part, they're awesome). Also tweak your class to compliment the weapon you're using and learn the bet play style of that weapon. I started with the assault rifles and have started working my way into the SMGs and LMGs recently and they play VERY differently.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

brother-joseph posted:

So this is my first real CoD and it's a lot of fun but I can't seem to really get the hang of it I guess. It seems like the biggest trick is maybe anticipating where the bad guys are? Do I just need to play more? I made it to the 50s and I think my favorite weapon is the burst assault rifle.

Learn to properly use your booster pack. I've learned to traverse large distances in the air and timing boosts with your fall speed can make for some awesome momentum. Watch your mini map and predict the opponents spawns based on where your team is. Most importantly I've learned there are no guns that are 100% bad.

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Cool. I do alright with SMGs. The Vesper seems really good but I always spaz out really hard with them and miss people that don't even see me.

I'm brother-joseph on PSN if anyone wants to watch me get demolished by tweens.

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

Thanks for the advice, guys. I definitely never use the jump pack correctly for sure.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

anuj posted:

Link to this?

https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/685294760370814976

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Now we'll never know how the ballad of Run n Gun ends. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Jump pack is fun to mess with people who are trying really hard. I had a game where I was at like 8-20 because the other team was a clan that was super into it. So I just started jumping around corners and flying around randomly and coming out different places because why not have some fun at least. Finished 32-26. Felt good.

• Locked thread