Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Is Capone a logia somehow? Seems like he just oozed in when he showed up at the table.
They're inside him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Justin_Brett posted:

Is Capone a logia somehow? Seems like he just oozed in when he showed up at the table.

Presumably they are inside of him now. So he's like manifesting his presence inside of himself or something. Who know what kind of powers that gives him. As the lord of his castle he could have all kinds of abilities.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Capone rules. It took me a sec to figure out what was going on when he plopped into the dining room, but when I realized I was floored. I also think it is a bit of a copout that "my generic pirates with guns are much stronger than the regular brand of pirates with guns" but at least it makes him more of a viable threat.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Scratchman Apoo posted:

It seems more like he can make a copy of himself in his body. We see his stationary body standing around as he and Sanji discuss business.

Yeah I didn't notice the zoom in on him somehow. This is pretty interesting.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

brook looking pretty tall there. like, extremely tall

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Brook is about 8ft tall.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Big Mom wanting to get married is another point towards her being Lola's mom however, as Lola was also obsessed with finding a husband (but would that make her royalty to?)

big mom's name is charlotte linlin, not pudding so this is probably her daughter

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
It's Lola

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he looks like he's 12 feet tall there

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
more importantly sanji has siblings. i hope theyre cooler than he is +replace him in the crew. rest in piss sanji

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Yeah, but then Mihawk is meant to be normal sized but he's drawn huge in some panels with the other Shichibukai. Brook is like twice Sanji's height there, but Oda's not super great at relative height sometimes.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

AfroGunsou posted:

more importantly sanji has siblings. i hope theyre cooler than he is +replace him in the crew. rest in piss sanji
He's the third brother, so - Ichiji, Niiji, Sanji

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Cat Machine posted:

It's been staring us in the face the whole series! Odaaaaaaaa :argh:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Ah i completely misread that I thought Sanji was marrying Big Mom, maybe he will get the 3-eyed chick instead (or Lola)

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What are the odds that every one of Sanji's family members has curly brows?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Whenever I read Capone's dialogue, I can't help but vocalize it as Fred Flintstone's voice.

This only improves it, IMO.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how they escape from Capone's body-castle. We'll probably see more of Capone's DF powers in action, which in this case I'm imagining will function a lot like Law's ROOM abilities inside the body-castle.

Since we know Nami/Brook/etc escape at some point and Sanji and Caesar are taken away, it'll either be:

a.) There's a mad desperate fight to escape and Sanji/Caesar hold Capone and his men off while Nami/etc find a way to leave the body-castle

or

b.) Sanji makes a deal to leave the Straw Hats for Big Mam's crew permanently vis a vis marriage into the "family" along with Caesar in tow in exchange for Nami/etc's safe release, leading to the Straw Hats confronting Big Mom's crew directly after leaving Zou to get Sanji back in an Enies Lobby-style pursuit

I really, really think it's B.

Plus, is it just me or do the Yonkou seem to have a pretty good handle on the happenings/history of the world? The Revolutionaries, too, seem to have a grasp on things and do their research on what's going on with other crews, factions, and organizations.

Capone himself seemed to be pretty familiar with the Straw Hat's abilities already before encountering them on Zou. Pekoms seemed to have done his research on Caribou before showing up on Fishman Island too. Maybe this will mean we'll get more plot-dump/world info-dump as the Straw Hats interact with the Yonkou more closely? I'm betting we'll get the Vegapunk encounter or Devil Fruit-info dump by the time the Straw Hats get close to Kaidou and figure out how SMILEs/Devil Fruits really work.

Kuma's info, likewise, will probably show up by the time the Straw Hats meet up with Dragon and deal with the aftermath of the Blackbeard Pirates invasion on Baltigo.

tl;dr There's a lot of really cool and compelling story left in One Piece, is what I'm really saying.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 14, 2016

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Cat Machine posted:

Oda you motherfucker.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

QuantaStarFire posted:

100%

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

QuantaStarFire posted:

one has a curly moustache

one has a curly goatee

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Captain Invictus posted:

one has a curly moustache

one has a curly goatee

And the dad has a huge curly Bob Ross-style afro.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Guy A. Person posted:

Capone rules. It took me a sec to figure out what was going on when he plopped into the dining room, but when I realized I was floored. I also think it is a bit of a copout that "my generic pirates with guns are much stronger than the regular brand of pirates with guns" but at least it makes him more of a viable threat.

He's got a castle inside of him, they could be drilling and training around the clock.

What a great chapter.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

chefscientist posted:

He's got a castle inside of him, they could be drilling and training around the clock.

What a great chapter.

Yeah, except for all the furries

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Angry Lobster posted:

Yeah, except for all the furries

The gag with Sanji repelling the male Minks' garchu and Pekoms' garchu of thanks, plus the (I guess) editor's note of "what the hell is a garchu???", was pretty funny IMO.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Wait, that reminds me: How is Capone's mini-gun different from Caribou's mini-gun? I'm guessing Pekoms was not expecting to be literally stabbed in the back like that versus on Fishman Island so he had no time to react and use his turtle Zoan DF powers.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Rescue Sanji arc is a loving go.

Capone just went from being a non-entity to me to being an awesome character, I hope he gets a fight sometime in the future

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Capone just went from being a non-entity to me to being an awesome character, I hope he gets a fight sometime in the future

Yeah, I really like his Mr. Prince-esque qualities of laying everything out so his opponents dance to his tune.

e: Kind of a stretch, but -ji can also be an Asian honorific for respect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/-ji :eng101:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 14, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

christ chopper you couldn't handle some random mooks using any of your forms

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

My guess is it'll be Sanji vs Capone while Luffy fights Big Mam and Zoro fights some boring dude with a sword

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
That was a satisfying chapter

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Wait, that reminds me: How is Capone's mini-gun different from Caribou's mini-gun? I'm guessing Pekoms was not expecting to be literally stabbed in the back like that versus on Fishman Island so he had no time to react and use his turtle Zoan DF powers.

Pretty much, yeah. It's been established that bullets still hurt you no matter how strong you are if you're shot defenseless unless you're Luffy and have immunity to them at all times or a Logia who's body reflexively turns into your element.

Law also got shot by Doffy.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
So Pudding is the 35th daughter? I guess that explains the second half of Big Mom's name. I wonder if they're all her real daughters, or if she's adopted them into her family (like Whitebeard)?

If Lola is one of Big Mom's daughters I'm guessing she'll be invited to the wedding.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Hell, the Strongest Man in The World was killed by getting shot and stabbed a bunch.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Pretty much, yeah. It's been established that bullets still hurt you no matter how strong you are if you're shot defenseless unless you're Luffy and have immunity to them at all times or a Logia who's body reflexively turns into your element.

or Kaido

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

jassa posted:

So Pudding is the 35th daughter? I guess that explains the second half of Big Mom's name.

I... Don't even want to think about this happening.

*shivers*

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Hell, the Strongest Man in The World was killed by getting shot and stabbed a bunch.

Yeah, but that was after being tenderized after a whole hell of a lot, being old and relatively infirm, and struggling to take his last steps to beat the poo poo out of Blackbeard after having his face blown off by Akainu. It was basically the last straw that broke the camel's back at that point.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oh, right, yeah, him too.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh, right, yeah, him too.

He'll probably be happy about Luffy actually defeating him. It'll be like a pseudo-Toguro vs Yusuke fight.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

What I wanna know is what caused Capone to join up with Big Mom in the first place.

I don't think it was as simple as 'getting-rear end-handed-to-him-by-Emperor' via Ace style; he might have just wanted to just continue being a pirate with more protection (he is a mafia theme after all)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Parrotine posted:

What I wanna know is what caused Capone to join up with Big Mom in the first place.

I don't think it was as simple as 'getting-rear end-handed-to-him-by-Emperor' via Ace style; he might have just wanted to just continue being a pirate with more protection (he is a mafia theme after all)

Last we saw he got his rear end handed to him by something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Now you made me remember that scene where all the Blackbeard pirates are ganging up to kill Whitebeard, and like there are dudes going wild with tridents and swords and poo poo and there's Xusasu Busasu, the strongman, the guy whose nickname is literally "Champion," with this tiny little pea-shooter pistol with a barrel maybe the size of one of his fingers, squeezing the trigger with the most intense look of concentration on his face.