Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im bad at games will i still be okay as a kung fu master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

im bad at games will i still be okay as a kung fu master

Totally do this 100%

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
is destroyer like ffxiv warrior

because warrior owns

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

General Morden posted:

because warrior owns

I daren't hope for anything as great as the Marauder/Warrior job quest lines.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

General Morden posted:

because warrior owns

Other than having a big axe and getting real mad about stuff, no not really. None of the classes play anything like FF14 though really.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Even with MMO's if I get a month enjoyment out of it, it's money well spent. But then I view people who talk about being unable to quit WoW because of how invested they are in their character as the crazy people they are. The investment is literally reset every raid tier and doubly so in expansions. Just how invested can you be?

A few thousand? No idea if it's true to life but my online friends keep talking about their main investments. Nice try, we all know it's just gambler's fallacy.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can I be a guy character that looks really girly

I have an idea for a character but thats the only way it will work

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nobody will think its particularly funny but me but its anime related

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
you can be whatever you want to be eonwe <3

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thank you.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

how many new games have you dropped and picked up eonwe

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

General Morden posted:

how many new games have you dropped and picked up eonwe

i dont buy physical games anymore so i haven't dropped any

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want to be Paako from Gintama, mostly because Gintoki is already taken

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i thought you got hardline, rainbow six siege, battlefront, etc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i didnt drop them tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they are still in my computer

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

drat how can you play so many games at once

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hardline died then i stopped playing it, i do still play siege, and battlefront i got as a christmas present and had no real intentions of ever playing it much

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

General Morden posted:

drat how can you play so many games at once

poorly

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

which founder package should i buy eonwe

which is best value

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Bombogenesis posted:

To what extent can I pretty princess my summoner's tiny cat?

You can get little hair accessories, hats, dresses, even scrunchies that go on the tail of the cat. Then you get weird sets like diving suit and watermelon. Its adorable.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Eonwe posted:

You can get a cash shop school girl uniform for dudes. Character Gen is pretty robust, you'd just be missing the jiggle physics.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

General Morden posted:

which is best value

None wait a few days for it to come out for free

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

General Morden posted:

which is best value

according to the thread it'd be $150 pack. gl.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

gross

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If you see yourself spending 100+ over the course of the game then the 125 package is a really is a good deal. Tons of extra characters, bag space, premium time and cash shop money is worth it, but only if you were going to spend money in the first place.

You dont need to spend a dime to have a good time in the game. If you want to play more classes then make another account. The game gives you quests for a tiny bit more bag space but after a while its just for convenience, premium time isnt really necessary either.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Either go all in (don't) or just wait

The $25 pack is basically good for getting the headstart

That's it

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

it is encouraged that you do this.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

Also, make sure that BOTH oil bars are to the max. Most folks overlook the second oil bar, don't make this newb mistake.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to be special and have 0% oil on both bars

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

HapiMerchant posted:

quite heavily. there's multiple cash shop costumes entirely for the cat as well as lots of loot drops in game. the cat has an head slot and a body slot for costumes. any more details and you'd have to ask cathead.

cathead posted:

Yeah like Hapi said cat gets head, body, and tail slots. A number of dungeons that drop costumes also drop cat-related versions of those costumes, plus whatever's on the shop.

It's basically double the dressup.

Velveteen posted:

You can get little hair accessories, hats, dresses, even scrunchies that go on the tail of the cat. Then you get weird sets like diving suit and watermelon. Its adorable.

:stare: So summoner has some support-y PvP stuff right because I'm awful at videogames but still want to be not useless at PvP.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Eonwe posted:

im going to be special and have 0% oil on both bars

Then why would you even bother playing?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why not

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Lyn don't get oil bars.

And for that I am thankful.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

why not

Basically uninstall now if you chose no oil. This game pretty much lives and dies on the amount of oil you can glop on your toon.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

2DCAT posted:

Basically uninstall now if you chose no oil. This game pretty much lives and dies on the amount of oil you can glop on your toon.

I always thought it was a sweat slider :stare:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did we find out if they hosed up those XP soups yet?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Bombogenesis posted:

:stare: So summoner has some support-y PvP stuff right because I'm awful at videogames but still want to be not useless at PvP.

Not really. The main PvP in this game is arena, which is 1v1 or 3v3 tag team. There are battlegrounds and faction/world PvP too but I haven't done them so I don't know what they are like. From what I see of world PvP its just the side with bigger numbers beating up the weaker faction.

This game is pretty balanced in arena PvP so you really don't need to be worried. Gear isn't going to make a difference at all, just your level and the skill points you assigned. Even I who hate PvP and suck at it is enjoying the arena. I have some clips of my time as a noobie summoner in arena during the beta weekends if you're interested in the arena. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3IO6UOmI_0

Don't worry! Most people are as bad as you when you start so you'll eventually get better.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

2DCAT posted:

The only requirement to get into goon guild is 100% oil sliders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your character must be at least as greasy as you are.

• Locked thread