Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Shaggar posted:

can you dynamically control the scroll mode on that based on application?

'browsing the internet'
'playing shootmans or something'
yeah i rly need my scroll wheel to do poo poo other than 'click' or 'free'

suits my needs though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i just finished rebuilding the cable on my logitech g9 because it's the best mouse that exists.

red lights only please.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
i need a new mouse

any recommendations

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
g402 is really good

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

go lay your hand on them in a best buy or whatever
spend like $50, maybe more!

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
deathadder really is the best mouse all years forever

i wonder if the 50% off makes them $20 each, i need a new one mine's starting to double-click

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Liver Disaster posted:

'browsing the internet'
'playing shootmans or something'
yeah i rly need my scroll wheel to do poo poo other than 'click' or 'free'

suits my needs though

so in the revolution which was the first w/ the super spinny wheel the clutch was controllable by software so setpoint can see what app you're in an adjust the scroll mode automatically. it rules and is painful to live without. you can also set scroll speed autoswitch limits so if you spin it above a certain speed it switches from clicky to free automatically and when it goes down below that speed it goes back to clicky.

for whatever reason they removed the software control for the mx performance so you have to press a button to change the scroll mode which is stupid and makes no sense. they then brought back the software control for the mx master.

goes the g502 have the software control?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

ayn rand hand job posted:

i need a new mouse

any recommendations

Bhodi posted:

deathadder really is the best mouse all years forever

i wonder if the 50% off makes them $20 each, i need a new one mine's starting to double-click

Blackula69 posted:

death adder best mouse all years

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
death adder looks dumb and doesn't have enough buttons for my needs

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
it's like the best-looking mouse though, it's really unobtrusive. you can't see their horrifically ugly logo while you're using it and if you don't install their terrible loving software the light never turns on

synapse is definitely top five worst pieces of poo poo i've ever used

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Shaggar posted:

so in the revolution which was the first w/ the super spinny wheel the clutch was controllable by software so setpoint can see what app you're in an adjust the scroll mode automatically. it rules and is painful to live without. you can also set scroll speed autoswitch limits so if you spin it above a certain speed it switches from clicky to free automatically and when it goes down below that speed it goes back to clicky.

for whatever reason they removed the software control for the mx performance so you have to press a button to change the scroll mode which is stupid and makes no sense. they then brought back the software control for the mx master.

goes the g502 have the software control?

no it's a hardware switch, seems weird that they'd change a feature of your mouse though

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

do not buy obnoxious peripherals marketed to ~gamers~

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

if it has an led in it not used for tasteful backlit keys or to illuminate a sensor then throw it and yourself in the garbage

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
intellimouse 3.0

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
i can make the led pips on the side of my mouse move like kitt's sensor from knight rider

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

if it has an led in it not used for tasteful backlit keys or to illuminate a sensor then throw it and yourself in the garbage

hmmmm

Dodoman posted:

i can make the led pips on the side of my mouse move like kitt's sensor from knight rider

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Dodoman posted:

fully sick

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
http://espn.go.com/esports/story/_/id/14551519/esports-having-moment

Jesus Kristov
May 2, 2007

Stop liking anime you little shits. I didn't die on the cross for you to do that.

ZShakespeare posted:

what are the good rear end wii u games for playing with wife? She like caasual poo poo with minimal combat and some light puzzle solving and discovery. like she put in 40 some odd hours between the two lego harry potter games on my steam acocunt, so I know about the lego stuff. I brought up mario kart (because it comes with the bundle) and she said she played that once and thought it was dull. I want my computer back send help.

Get hyrule warriors and play it in co-op.
maybe get some wiimotes and nintendoland.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hyrule warriors is 100% combat and 0% puzzle solving and discovery, that's the precise opposite of what he asked for :geno:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you should get ur girl into twine games

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Sagebrush posted:

i just finished rebuilding the cable on my logitech g9 because it's the best mouse that exists.

red lights only please.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have the cool red wavy version of this mouse as well and it is also very cool

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Nintendoland is cool.
Captain Toad
Yoshi's Wooly World is cool and has a very easy mode "mellow mode" or whatever it is, although I still find it tough for non-gamers

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Sagebrush posted:

i have the cool red wavy version of this mouse as well and it is also very cool

I have two of them: one I bought for $30, the other I got from my brother's college roommate because it wasn't working (just needed to cut and resolder the cable since it was broken right where it enters the shell). NIB they go for $100+ nowadays

unrelated: https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

good levels space pope, you should make more

quiggy God damnit I'll beat you yet

who else makes mario

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
like quiggy presumably, I too am hyped as poo poo for new homeworld. not dropping a gameplay vid until a week before release is lol gearbox, but drat I need my kambeitz/cunningham fix

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'd be excited for new homeworld but... gearbox.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SynthOrange posted:

I'd be excited for new homeworld but... gearbox.

i don't think gearbox are the ones making it if that matters

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I may have to get Planetship.

Hav posted:

A selection:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
>The Mothers of Satannn

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

I may have to get Planetship.

Wow those references are so funny.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i love skeletons

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
There was a statement years back that NCsoft would not censor this game for NA release at all.

Now it seems they went back on that are are censoring it anyway, because they are changing all female underwears into shorts and making the female stances more "empowering?" instead of sexualised.

Babydoll lingerie was removed from gon female and replaced by some ugly rear end short and sports looking top, they are also changing the stances to be less sexually provocative. They even made an official post saying they are doing it because they think it looks better because a martial artist would not wear sexy underwear, a martial artists would not have tits like beach balls either. It's a game, it's a highly sexualised game...leave it as it is.

Censorship is censorship, Ncsoft lying won't shock anyone but still it's funny. First of many broken promises I guess.

Here are the changes to underwear and the stance changes.

Blade and Soul is now : "I'm a strong independent woman in a sports underwear"

Do they really think there is an army of feminist women lining up to play this game? xD If so they need to change the giga tits too.

First Tera, then Wildstar now Blade and soul. I know the feminist agenda is strong but do they play these games in such great numbers to be pandered to?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

But... theres more skin in the top one.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
never thought i'd see legs more ridiculous than bayonettas on an allegedly human character

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah whatever feminazi

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anyone got the minutes for the last feminist global meeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
There's a new Homeworld game coming out next week, it looks pretty good actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyN-Nl-SaDA

11:15

it's Homeworld meets mad max

mad.radhu fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 15, 2016

• Locked thread