Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Heck yes, got an Old Kai from the STR Medal stage. :holy:

SSG AGL Goku is awesome, in case anyone needed confirmation. My record with him so far is 188k damage. I guess I'd need a Dabura leader to put him up any higher? SSG PHY Goku can consistently push a high SA PHY character over 100k, too. I've done it with SSJ Adult (SA8) and Teen (SA10) Gohan, along with an SA10 SR Perfect Cell.

Edit: Hahaha, I can't even beat that last level on Z-Hard. It's brutal.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Meanwhile I pulled a Whis, putting me at 7 TEQ SSR. Needs a Supreme Kai, so no UR Whis for a while I suppose, but my TEQ team is seriously broken, now with the added Whis/Beerus combo.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Where do you get the Goku medals you need to dokkan awaken the TEQ Goku from the Showdown levels?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Where do you get the Goku medals you need to dokkan awaken the TEQ Goku from the Showdown levels?

Wayward Champion (11-3) Z-Hard or A Peculiar Goku (13-1) Z-Hard. No guaranteed drop though

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wayward Champion's pretty good, since he drops a lot of Senzus.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
New stages own. Beerus and Whis are pushovers, and they net you tons of EXP.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

New stages own. Beerus and Whis are pushovers, and they net you tons of EXP.

On Z-Hard? I haven't even managed to clear it. What are you running for them to be pushovers?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Echophonic posted:

On Z-Hard? I haven't even managed to clear it. What are you running for them to be pushovers?

So far I've been running it on Hard with a crew of low level, unawakened fighters to train them up. Haven't even needed to use a healing item. I haven't bothered with Z-Hard yet since I don't have any strong INTs I want to train up.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

On Z-Hard they stick to the standard 'reasonable unless they decide to spam supers' thing you see a lot. It's only really a problem on the final stage when you're fighting both of them at once. When it's one at a time it's easy enough to manage, but when it's the two of them together potentially spamming supers every other turn it's hard to keep up.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I found Z-Hard to be, well, pretty hard, having to use 3 level 100's (SSJ3 Goku, SSJ Trunks, and SSJ Vegeta) with 3 SSR*'s. I used up 2 Senz's, 2 Dende's and 2 other healing items for the combined Beerus-Whis fight. Granted, I don't have many PHY or INT characters to level up, so I'm getting hurt on the types, but I'm find Hard to be better bang for the experience/item use (Hard's experience is 19,600, I forget what it was for Z-Hard). I was also able to get 2 of the Goku's to drop on Hard, so if you didn't use TEQ Goku to level up the Awakened Goku, that could help you out.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

Echophonic posted:

My only advice is try to counter-type them and bring some King Yenma's for whenever they attack someone who's not strong against them. I managed it by the skin of my teeth.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I just brought a couple INTs and the rest PHY with +3 PHY KI. Needed two sensu anyway but wasn't particularly hard.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Now that I got my download fixed, I'm wondering whether it's worth it to keep pulling in the hopes of getting SSG Goku from the banner or to wait for Broly or whatever.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like that Bleach gacha game is out. It doesn't run on rooted devices, so gently caress it.

I shifted gears to getting more people awakened since we have The Greatest Challenge and the medal events up. I'm working on a STR Kamehameha team right now. Grandpa Gohan/Evil Buu/Goku/Yamcha/Roshi/Max Power Roshi. Have some high-SA guys in that team, so they do pretty respectably.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 14, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Played a bit of Bleach. It's like Rune Story

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

The Bleach game wouldn't let me keep my Jp save :( it's either japanese server or Global you can't have both. Also it looks like the World tournament might be coming soon since it's already started in japan, got two SR bunny girl bulmas from it so far.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Looks like Dokkan just announced the second WT.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Webbeh posted:

Looks like Dokkan just announced the second WT.

Yeah. SSG Goku and Mystic Gohan are both in the price pool, so they'll probably release Mystic Gohan on Tuesday and the WT on Tuesday or Friday.

Top 1000 price is Z-Sword Gohan, who isn't particularly good (passive is +3 Ki when there are 3+ opponents, so one of the anti-tournament SSR), so I'll probably play for 100 wins and keep it at that.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Snake Way has been a good event this weekend. Finally got the Supreme Kai I needed to awaken Great Saiyaman 2 (after getting like 4 Old Kai's in my attempts), and I've been able to level up a lot of other characters.

I'm pretty sure I won't be going as hard into the World Tournament as I did last time.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I got 3 silver SSR tickets last time, so I want to get at least two this WT. Other than that, I can't imagine I'll be blowing as many stones/ spending as much time on it this time around.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

If I can pull Bulma or Kid Goku from the DB Summon, I'll be happy.

usb teledildonics
Oct 10, 2009

those who came before me
I can't remember exactly how many SSR tickets I won in the first WT but it wasn't even enough for a single summon. Do SSR tickets carry over?

I hope we get DB tickets again :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

usb teledildonics posted:

I can't remember exactly how many SSR tickets I won in the first WT but it wasn't even enough for a single summon. Do SSR tickets carry over?

I hope we get DB tickets again :(

They do and we are, so never fear.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Tribladeofchaos posted:

The Bleach game wouldn't let me keep my Jp save :( it's either japanese server or Global you can't have both. Also it looks like the World tournament might be coming soon since it's already started in japan, got two SR bunny girl bulmas from it so far.

The 5* drop rates are either stupid low, or I have lovely luck. I did three of the 10-pulls and haven't gotten a single 5* yet. Haven't spent a dime, but it's still really annoying.

Apparently the 5* rate is 3% for each pull? What are the odds of getting one with each 10-pull in that case? :shrug:

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 19, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

It is happening.gif

2nd WT is here, MysticUltimate Gohan is here.

Can't decide if I want to to for 100 wins or not

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Goddamnit I've got 3 kid Bulmas now.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I got Devilman!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Four loving kid Bulmas now. I'm swimming in em.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Webbeh posted:

Four loving kid Bulmas now. I'm swimming in em.

At least you're not pulling 100% rares, like me

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm doing well on percentage of SRs. Managed all the new ones, at least. Went a bit harder than usual since I want that Gohan and Kid Buu, but no luck so far. Only SSR has been another Super Buu. Probably give it a few days before spending more, if at all.

AGL SSJ Trunks is the first STR attack down character we've seen, so that's pretty handy.

Oh yeah, it's not in the announcement, but that R STR Krillin can be Dokkan'd to Teen Krillin. He gets Kamehameha, which is pretty nice. I managed to get him to SA10 from the pulls I've done.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 19, 2016

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

The 5* drop rates are either stupid low, or I have lovely luck. I did three of the 10-pulls and haven't gotten a single 5* yet. Haven't spent a dime, but it's still really annoying.

Apparently the 5* rate is 3% for each pull? What are the odds of getting one with each 10-pull in that case? :shrug:

Yeahhh it was better to wait until they added more 5*s, before I started the english version I got 3 in one pull, I got a ton of 4*s too.

Also man this tournament feels way easier than the last one, although 100 wins for a SSR ticket is bullshit since in Japan you only have to win 80 times. I also managed to get every SR from the dragonball pool, so I could make a pure dragonball team if I wanted to!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Not a bad start.
Managed to pull Bulma and Tien from the DB machine, and then Dracula Man and Chapa, but hey, 2 out of 4 is good.

I WAS around rank 7300, then took a break for a few hours and fell back to like 12k or so. I'm honestly not sure how the hell the top people do this. I just can't imagine playing that much, or the stones they've gotta be burning through to do it.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'm only going for 100 wins (didn't have time to try last time) but I'm ranked 4202 despite using less dragon stones than the ones they give you for getting wins and tiers. 13 wins only so far.

Hasn't been that much of a grind either.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have three Bandages now. Laaame. I don't even know who that guy is.

Despite not getting a Gohan (:mad:), my Whis-led Shocking Speed team is doing well. Roughly 140k points for a full tournament. I thought a dual-type AGL/TEQ team would have a rough time, but it's not too bad. Haven't not wiped out an opponent during the first fight yet. Horror from Hell Frieza is really pulling his weight, too.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

How do you not know Bandages the Mummy. :colbert:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Because I'm a scrub that doesn't remember much of DragonBall, that's how. :colbert:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQtCpUh0XD4

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

So far I'm at a positive 8 stones for the world tournament right now (I spent all evening playing and used a fair bit of dragon stones). Up to 18 win (in the finals right now of #19, but don't want to use a stone since I have work tomorrow), and about 400k away from Old Kai Tier. After starting out with an all Super Sayian Team, I forgot to switch my team, (A mostly TEQ team, which was fun running into a mostly AGL team) I noticed that the XP was pretty good, so I've been leveling up some of the SR's, which has been going pretty good so far. I don't think I'll be able to break the top 1000 like I did last time though.

My DB summons have been 2 King Chappa's, 1 Bandages, 1 Murasaki, and Kid Bulma and Oolong. Oolong looked hilarious when I battled him though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Got the SSR Kid Goku. While I'm happy to get an SSR, it seems this game only gives me STR ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I was kinda bummed that I pulled Kid Buu until I saw that he dokkan awakens into the second strongest agl character in Japan. I just really want that Gohan though.