Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm in the mood for an informative LP. I've watched all the ones in the OP and I'm currently really enjoying Genocyber's playthrough of Bloodborne. I wanted to watch the Deadly Premonitions LP again, but the videos keep loving up for me. Anything along those lines would be lovely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Thanks guys. Mainly just looking for something to read while there's downtime at work so that should do the trick.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Sociopastry posted:

I'm in the mood for an informative LP. I've watched all the ones in the OP and I'm currently really enjoying Genocyber's playthrough of Bloodborne. I wanted to watch the Deadly Premonitions LP again, but the videos keep loving up for me. Anything along those lines would be lovely!

Neruz did a good run of Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance. It's not in the archives yet but the last post in the thread was about a month ago, so it may be close.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724962

The videos are really long but kinda entertaining to watch. A lot of the base setup stuff can be skipped unless you're into that.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Xerophyte posted:

E: To actually recommend something: Cool Ghosts' Subterfuge Diaries finished a few weeks back and they are loving fantastic. Subterfuge, if not familiar, is kind of a real-time mobile Diplomacy, very similar to Neptune's Pride. This particular game features 8 video game journalists playing it for the first time over the course of a week, and getting increasingly paranoid. The diaries are more about the players and what they're thinking and feeling than the mechanics of the game, appropriately for a betray-em-up, so if you're one of those people that irrationally hates Leigh Alexander it might not be for you. The entire thing is fascinating, funny and superbly well made, like most things Matt Lees does.

Double-edit: I'm pretty sure that the Matt Lees-Quintin Smith Cool Ghosts are not LP forums poster Cool Ghost. Probably. Maybe.

Considering their show/web/podcast thingie gets routinely mentioned in the boardgames thread, I doubt it.

Anyway, that playlist is very enjoyable, thanks for recommending it. I do want to get those guys playing a game of Dominions 4 with SA people, then they would learn what being a jerk truly means.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I finished the SIlent Hill lp by VoidBurger. It was pretty fun. It's hard to imagine now why that game took off. Awkward combat, nonsensical plot...

Anywho, I would like to see a nice schadenfreude-filled LP. Something like Ninja Gaiden or Kaizo Mariuo World whatever.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Anyone know of any good Dying Light LP's?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

pokie posted:

I finished the SIlent Hill lp by VoidBurger. It was pretty fun. It's hard to imagine now why that game took off. Awkward combat, nonsensical plot...

Anywho, I would like to see a nice schadenfreude-filled LP. Something like Ninja Gaiden or Kaizo Mariuo World whatever.
Have you watched any Ride to Hell content?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

pokie posted:

You could check you Psychedelic Eyeball's Super Meat Boy LP; as a bonus feature forums poster Wugga did an Iron Man run of the entire game too, which, well... You'll get it if you watch it. There's also races of Meat Boy available.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
CJacobs is currently playing Bubsy in the Casual LP Thread. Schadenfreude doesn't get much more schaden than that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

anilEhilated posted:

CJacobs is currently playing Bubsy in the Casual LP Thread. Schadenfreude doesn't get much more schaden than that.

Seconding this, I've never seen a man grow so terrified of eggs in such a short amount of time.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

HGH posted:

Have you watched any Ride to Hell content?

Rappaport posted:

You could check you Psychedelic Eyeball's Super Meat Boy LP; as a bonus feature forums poster Wugga did an Iron Man run of the entire game too, which, well... You'll get it if you watch it. There's also races of Meat Boy available.

Yes to both. They were good. Except I have not looked at the Iron Man thing - I will check it.

anilEhilated posted:

I will take a look, thanks.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Are there any lps of the Socom games? I remembered playing them alot in high school because I was a dumbass. I'm not even American. But I digress.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Any recent horror game LPs that use text commentary?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Revitalized posted:

Any recent horror game LPs that use text commentary?

TomViolence did a SubVLP of Alien: Isolation. I think it's finished but it hasn't been archived.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I remember a while ago there were 2 saints row 2 (co-op) LPs going on - one was by Panzer skank and Kaubocks but I can't remember who did the other one. Anyone remember?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You might be thinking of the one by Ritcheyz and Skoolmunkee, which was never finished because of outside-lp drama.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

... it could be but I can't really confirm since both have deleted the videos from their youtube channels. Ah well such is life.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Actually, it's still up on Ritcheyz's.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Must have glossed over that? Anyway yep, that's the one that I remembered. Shame it wasn't finished then. Can't be helped.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Brief Recap of my favorite LPs of all time, no particular order, since I'm nostalgic and bored tonight:

Scorchy NWN2/MOB and KOTOR II LPs. Both elevate the game and may actually be better than playing the game yourself.

cKnoor's Blood Bowl LP. This one is Sentimental because I suggested a joke player named Sett Cavre and somehow he was spectacularly lucky in his rolls and became a good passer, as a beastman. I was legitimately sad when it ended.

Maxwell Adam's New Super Mario Bros. Oh my god, there's a certain part in world eight...

Grey Hunter's Rouge Trader LP. The first words said by a PC really set the tone: "He's an Astropath, and not a very good one."

The Worms tourneys where Psyche Eyeball styled on everyone.

I used to have a job where I'd be stuck sitting at a computer expected to do nothing for 4 hours a day and the LP subforum is how I remained sane. I love y'all. There are five or six others I could probably mention but :effort:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Eifert Posting posted:

I love y'all.

I love all y'all too. :LPgrouphug:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I am intrigued by worms tourney. Link?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if it survived. Most of the videos were on google video. Which was somehow a thing. I want to say about 2008 or 2007.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

They were saved a while ago, and are available here. Enjoy!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I assumed that just got merged into YouTube. Did they just abandon it then?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I assumed that just got merged into YouTube. Did they just abandon it then?

Nope. Everything on Google Video got summarily dumped, if a lot of the older stuff on the LP Archive is anything to go on. If you didn't reupload the video to YouTube yourself, it was purged when Google pulled the plug on it. A lot of older LPs did have their video content archived through the Internet Archive as well however. A lot of the stuff that used to be hosted on Google Video, Vimeo, and Viddler before they kicked LPers off the site or folded up shop was saved. Stuff that was on Blip is touch and go, though because Blip was just a rolling disaster in terms of content purges and general shady shenanigans.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I remember there being a time around the Google Video shutdown where they exported those videos to Youtube. Can't remember if it was automatic or manual or whatever but that definitely happened in some way.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

It was an entirely manual process.

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

Can anyone help me find a goon LP that might never have been finished? It was an LP of a 90s FMV game that involved you going to a swanky/bizarre art party--I remember that when I last saw an update, we were in the green room, listening to an actor talk on and on. . . . I'd really like to find the game and/or thread, but can't remember enough to get better google results than Night Trap (it is not Night Trap). Oh, and while I'm here: any LPs of 90s FMV games that you love? Thanks!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

You might be thinking of supergreatfriend's MODE LP. I cannot confirm the green room or whether or not the LP was finished because I did not finish watching it. After a while he started voicing commentary through a text to speech program he called LP Bot and I didn't care for it.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Susan B. Antimony posted:

Can anyone help me find a goon LP that might never have been finished? It was an LP of a 90s FMV game that involved you going to a swanky/bizarre art party--I remember that when I last saw an update, we were in the green room, listening to an actor talk on and on. . . . I'd really like to find the game and/or thread, but can't remember enough to get better google results than Night Trap (it is not Night Trap). Oh, and while I'm here: any LPs of 90s FMV games that you love? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you're talking about supergreatfriend's MODE LP, which did get finished, though not put on the Archive.

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

That's it! And now I can finish it! Thanks so much.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
any cool LP superstars have Rom Pit streams I don't know about (smite, tie tuesday, and voiceofdog have ones on their channel)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NGDBSS posted:

They were saved a while ago, and are available here. Enjoy!

Cool, maybe if I watch it again I can figure out how 20 adults figured "derp" was the crowning achievement of comedy.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Eifert Posting posted:

Cool, maybe if I watch it again I can figure out how 20 adults figured "derp" was the crowning achievement of comedy.

To hazard a guess, I suspect the answer is "alcohol."

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Kaubocks posted:

You might be thinking of supergreatfriend's MODE LP. I cannot confirm the green room or whether or not the LP was finished because I did not finish watching it. After a while he started voicing commentary through a text to speech program he called LP Bot and I didn't care for it.

That's one of my favorite LP's, but due to some long pauses from the game the thread was archived and had to be restarted twice. I have recommended it several times, but it deserves to be mentioned again.
I like how it seems like a bad game at first, but turns out to be quite original and complex for a FMV game, and way ahead of it's time in game mechanics and writing. In the end you actually end up wishing it had been a hit and impacting future games. In reality it was never actually released.
Supergreatfriend really goes all out in dissecting the game and showing every nut and bolt. He gets through every story branch while always changing things up enough to make the LP interesting. In the original thread the director of the game started posting, and suddenly a lot of the game made sense. I think he was banned for spouting some conspiracy theories or something, but he still had some good stories about the production of the game and the justification for things like using a multicolored bar as the only interaction in the game.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Acne Rain posted:

any cool LP superstars have Rom Pit streams I don't know about (smite, tie tuesday, and voiceofdog have ones on their channel)

Psychedelic Eyeball did a bunch of Commie 64 stuff but I don't know if that qualifies as ROMs.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

kjetting posted:

In the original thread the director of the game started posting, and suddenly a lot of the game made sense. I think he was banned for spouting some conspiracy theories or something, but he still had some good stories about the production of the game and the justification for things like using a multicolored bar as the only interaction in the game.

He re-upped when the final thread came around and gave a bit more insight into the more obscure parts of the game, more or less confirming a couple of technical problems and scenes that aren't normally accessible within the game even though they were supposed to be.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

Grey Hunter's Rouge Trader LP. The first words said by a PC really set the tone: "He's an Astropath, and not a very good one."

Augh, don't recommend that, I fell asleep more than once on mic during this. :v: It was great fun though and the ensemble makes it a timeless story of PnP nonsense that every should enjoy, even if our idea of roleplay is mostly "okay how can we kill this guy with something big."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWanderingNewbie
Oct 12, 2007

Gotta Get Dem Cheevos
Ignore this

TheWanderingNewbie fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 16, 2016