Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

OH NO! Not Sub-Par V Playoff Hero Mike Gonzalez! The season is doomed! DOOMED!

Pick'Em: Champs retain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
pickem
champs retain

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Eazy W's
Bombers
Police
Kernels

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Pick'em

Champs retain.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Pick'em

Champs retain.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Pick 'em: Bombers win, everyone else retains

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pick 'Em: Champs retain

Make Thurmon Munson the personal catcher for Pat Malone

New Lineups vs. RHP
vs. RH/No DH
LF Tim Raines
RF Tony Gwynn
C Gabby Hartnett
2B Rogers Hornsby
1B George Sisler
CF Richie Ashburn
3B Eddie Matthews
SS Pee Wee Reese

vs RHP w/DH
LF Tim Raines
RF Tony Gwynn
C Gabby Hartnett
1B Rogers Hornsby
DH George Sisler
3B Eddie Matthews
CF Richie Ashburn
2B Lou Whitaker
SS Pee Wee Reese

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Pick'em
Champs Retain

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Pick 'em: champs retain I guess

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

All champs lose.

I'm toast in the pickems after a month :D

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Champs Retain

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par League VI, Week 5: A View To I Kill You

Games of the Weak

Keith Wuncler CXXXIV posted:

COMMUNISM HOLDS FIRM, DEFEATS PUNY DUKAKI AFTER BRUTAL CONTEST

Where Dingers are Redistributed - For a moribund presidential campaign, there are worse things to do than to try to take on the shade of Communism in an effort to appear "tough" in foreign policy. Sure, Communism has, in effect, been dead for twenty-five something years, and in fact Dukakis hasn't really been running for office in that same time, but this is an election cycle where anything can happen. And so it has, that the triumphant revival of Mike Dukakis's political career has been rather predictably derailed by the resurgence of a failed socioeconomic system which also helped kill his electoral chances the last time.

See, it's like poetry, it rhymes. If history was blank verse written by someone with no sense of meter. And doesn't understand blank verse doesn't rhyme. And didn't actually speak English and translated everything through Babelfish. Otherwise the analogy is perfect, UNOS flaw ess diamonte.

Anyway. In what seems to be a running theme this Sub-Par season, this was a game that was dominated by its pitching, until it wasn't. Savior of the Motherland, Hero of the Great Patriotic War, The People's Left-Hander was on the mound for CSKA, to maybe prove that Communism wasn't completely dead and buried. That he hasn't really proven the doubters wrong is another matter but McFreeze has insisted his arm dangling at odd angles off his shoulder is merely part of his Russian charm, so who can say. Today though he was sharp, or at least sharp enough, allowing only a two-run dinger by Frank Robinson in the 7th, striking out 6 and walking only 1. Against this was a commendable effort by Walter Johnson, who unlike Apollo Creed, did not get immediately crushed by the almost inhuman strength of this finely wrought pitching construct. If anything, he was more impressive, striking out 11 and walking none; however he too had to give up a homer, to Commissar Bonds in the 6th. Too evenly matched, both pitchers went the distance, and retired after nine innings each, a champion of a Cold War long since past but played as if backing down would result in total nuclear annihilation.

The game was locked in a stalemate that threatened to drag on indefinitely. The 10th featured solid performances by the relievers, and the 11th would start with a fine performance by Tom Burgmeier, and the crowd seemed to resign themselves to a perpetual arms race of relievers shutting down the offense of the other team. That is, until Robb Nen mounted the rubber again to repeat his 10th inning performance -- then watch as his fast ball get destroyed by Babe "I Own the Means of Run Production" Ruth, for a walk-off dinger. And it was over, capitalism exposed for the fraudulent fever dream of an oppressive aristocracy that parasitized the proletariat and overthrown. Also, this would be a disaster for a Dukakis campaign that was already characterized as "soft" on the timely threat of Communism.

TheFlyingLlama could scarcely conceal his glee and contempt. "Pathetic! None in this division can stand to the might of the Red Army's finest players! The Super League shall soon feel our wrath for having expelled us, a conspiracy by the West to deprive the People of the benefits of full Communism!" Pointing out that the Soviet Union has long since disbanded itself into various fractious states, that while dominated by a Russia that is more fascist than communist, Llama spat. "It is the ultimate goal that we return to show Putin and his rabid dogs what happens if you turn from Lenin's revolution. These are counter-revolutionaries that will fall when we have slain the Macho Men and lead the People back to the glory of collectivism! Um, this is definitely a long term goal and not one that you should take as a threat to Smasher. Not that we're afraid or anything, true revolutionaries cannot be afraid, but we're not quite ready for that yet."

The People's Left-Hander, who apparently is known only by his title, would only repeat in a deep, accented bass, "I vill crush you" in reply to any query by the press. It soon became a bit of a game to ask it increasingly inane questions in hopes of retrieving a ridiculous response. So far, "do you masturbate in the shower," "have you tried that Double Down sandwich from KFC," "what would you do if you meet Buddha on the road" have elicited the most laughs; investigations are ongoing.

While the People's Left-Hander was busy amusing the crowd, Mooseontheloose was busy monitoring poll numbers after this latest debacle. "At this rate we're not only going to get disinvited from the main primary debates, we're gonna get dropped from the undercard debates. Even O'Malley, who isn't even running any more, got more support than us.

"Look, I won't sugar coat this, this was a complete disaster. Willie Horton was one thing, but to actually lose to Communism? Holy poo poo, how much of a loser can you be?" Reminded that his mic was live and we were recording his statements with full attribution, Mooseontheloose turned completely white and quickly evacuated the clubhouse.

Further comments from the Dukakis campaign have not been forthcoming. As of press time, 35% of qualified registered Democrats have expressed surprise that he was running. The other 65% assumed he was already dead and thought the pollsters were Republican trolls. Nate Silver of fivethirtyeight.com has given his chances as "you're kidding right? That's a serious question?"

GLORIOUS SOVIET GAME NOTES

- Commissar Bonds is a true savior, hitting a triple and a home run. He is to be awarded a Hero of the Soviet Union.

- Ruth is starting to finally not be terrible, and has avoided the gulag. For now.

- The CSKA has recorded 10 hits, but could only score three runs from them. That's a little problematic.

- It only took 19 pitches for Nen to blow the save. That's efficiency.

- Arod had one hit, and three strikeouts. Perfectly reasonable.

Box Score

Frank Gaiman posted:

GENERICS COMPLETE SWEEP OF ORANGES TO CLAIM "CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY"

Rochester - The Florida Oranges have been a mainstay of the Super League for years, now. Sure, they never really had much success when it came to the postseason, but they've been around a long time. Long enough that they remember a time when there wasn't a Subpar League, and surviving even a single season was even more difficult than it is today.

Yet if things don't change soon, their run of survival will end in the Gauntlet, and their most recent prod toward that ignoble end came at the hands of the suddenly-not-mediocre Rochester Generics.

kw0134's squad handily took the first games of the series, setting up the final matchup betweeen Candy Cummings and Sam McDowell as a title bout.

Yet McDowell was clearly not up to the challenge early, giving up a long home run to Johnny Mize to put the Generics up 3-0 in the first inning.

From there, Cummings did what he does best--force the opponent to put the ball in play. Cummings struck out only 24 batters all of last year, averaging literally 1 strikeout per 9 innings pitched. He doesn't walk anyone either, though, and today's performance matched that handily: 9 innings, 11 hits, 0 walks, 0 strikeouts. It was a BABIP fiesta, and though the Oranges actually outhit the Generics, it was mostly a bunch of harmless singles and stranded doubles.

The outcome of the game was never really in doubt, with the Generics slowly padding their lead and the Oranges slowly pounding into ground out after ground out.

Title in hand, kw0134 emerged triumphant into the press room.

"I would like to congratulate my players on a job well done. For too long, the various cities of Upstate New York have had to toil as laughingstocks, as horrid little backwoods in the same state that's host to the so called 'greatest city in the world.' But today, there is something that the city of Rochester can actually be proud of."

Holding his belt up high, he continued, "This CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY shows us that Upstate New York is a good place, filled with good and hard-working people."

oldskool, understandably annoyed, interjected. "It's not called the CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY. It's called--"

But kw0134 was in no mood. "Silence! The great city of Rochester has no time for losers. For we are the champions. Of the world! Or at least of this CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY." He strutted out of the room, leaving oldskool alone on the podium.

"Well," oldskool began, "I guess my next team can assemble a new iteration of Homer at the Bat, where The Simpsons interested in being culturally relevant in 2016. Bryce Harper would obviously play the role of Don Mattingly, with Mr. Burns continually scolding him for not hustling. Harper would break every bone in his body and still he'd be scolded for not hustling."

"Yasiel Puig would play the role of Darryl Strawberry, hitting a lot of home runs and being really good, yet being totally unappreciated by his fans and manager, eventually being replaced by an inferior player. I guess that makes Justin Turner the Homer in this update. Say, did Homer ever get MRSA?"

"Andrelton Simmons would be the one to fall into the Negative Zone. Dan Uggla would be Steve Sax, what with being pretty terrible for years before the show aired."

Looking around, oldskool noticed that everyone else had left the room; there were no reporters to hear his musings. "That's ok," he said, "I have plenty of time before the Gauntlet to figure it out!"

GAME NOTES

- Candy Cummings really was a gem in the Dispersal Draft. I can only imagine what he'd do on a team whose middle infield combination isn't a 40-year-old Honus Wagner and an any-year-old Rod Carew.

- Johnny Mize had 6 RBI on the day. The Generics are having an amazing offensive year thus far.

- Contrary to popular belief, Mark McGwire didn't appear in Homer at the Bat. He appeared in a different episode of The Simpsons, "Brother's Little Helper" in which he offers to share the terrifying truth about MLB's surveillance on the city of Springfield OR sock a few dingers. The townsfolk choose dingers.

Box Score

The Iron Sheik posted:

DA POPES CHOSEN FAIL TO ESCAPE A SAND TRAP, DROP GAME TO THE NATURAL 20S

Commentator: "Well, it looks like the delay is finally over, so let's go to.. uh, am I reading this right? Jim Nantz?"

Jim Nantz: "That's right, and by request of the batter stepping to the.. well, he doesn't want to call it the plate, but tee, is Da Pope's Chosen pinch hitter Yoenis Cespedes. For those of you joining us, it has been a wild tenth inning here."

A clip plays of the top of the 10th inning, where the Natural 20s take a 3-1 lead.

Nantz: "As you can see, Juerys Familia tried to do his patented quick pitch to Frank Chance, but because Familia's quick pitch is actually slow and straight, Chance lined it into the left field corner, scoring a fellow Frank in Frank Schulte. Next, Familia threw a sinker that finally sunk, however, it only went about 10 yards before bouncing away, advancing Chance to third. Next batter, Suzuki, lined a hard grounder that was able to score Chance, making the game 3-1."

A clip plays of a man in a suit charging the field, pummeling Familia.

Nantz: "Here, a mobster starts working over Familia with a golf club, shouting obscenities that we do not wish to repeat here."

Then, an elderly man in a checkered head dress runs onto the field to join in the beat down.

Nantz: "Now, the Iron Sheik came out and started hitting Familia with suplexes, before locking in his customary Camel Clutch."

Cut back to the field, which now looks like a golf course.

Nantz: "After Familia was carried out on a stretcher, John Franco was able to limit the damage. It brings us to the bottom of the tenth, where Natural 20s closer Aroldis Chapman has struggled. Two walks and a wild pitch have loaded the bases here. Rickey Henderson had a chance to tie or even win the game with one swing of the bat, but he harmlessly popped out. Da Chosen's manager, ZenVulgarity, called on Yoenis Cespedes to pinch hit. However, due to a clause in Cespedes' contract, the game was delayed for three hours to convert the field to an actual hole from Augusta National's 18th hole. I must say, they have done a beautiful rendition of that classic hole. During this break, Natural 20s manager EclecticTastes kept going through the baseball rulebook to try to find something to stop the delay, but was unable to do so."

Cespedes struts to the plate, dressed more like Payne Stewart than a baseball player.

Nantz: "And Cespedes steps up, bases loaded with two outs here in the bottom of the tenth. He's going with a driver here. You figure that he would want to use a bat here to deal with Aroldis Chapman's fastball, but that's just not how Cespedes rolls."

Chapman sets up, and throws a pitch, Cespedes takes a step back, holding his hand up.

Nantz: "Apparently Cespedes did not like the cameras going off here. Surely, they were taking pictures of this ridiculous getup he's wearing. That's not the only thing ridiculous going on if you ask me. The ump calls that a ball."

Chapman throws a second pitch, which Cespedes ignores, choosing to pick up some blades of grass.

Nantz: "Cespedes testing the wind here, as another Chapman pitch goes wide for ball 2. EclecticTastes is furiously checking the rule book here, hoping to protest what is going on here. Cespedes takes a couple of steps back, doing a couple of practice swings. Okay, here we go."

Chapman throws another pitch. Cespedes wiggles his hips, but doesn't swing.

Nantz: "No swing from Cespedes here, ball 3. Cespedes trying to get into a comfort zone here, as this is a big moment for him. Chapman gets a sign, throws the ball.. and Cespedes takes a mighty cut. However, he completely missed."

Cespedes scratches his head.

Nantz: "I'm not quite sure that kind of swing is going to work here against a ball of that size. Chapman up, and fires. Another mighty cut, another miss. Full count here."

Chapman, looking confident that Cespedes' swing will never be able to catch up to his fastball, throws yet another one straight down the plate.

Nantz: "Another fastball, and another mighty rip from Cespedes, who once again fails to make contact. The ball game is over! The Natural 20s win! Let's go down to the field and get some words from Cespedes."

The commentator from earlier is standing next to Cespedes, who takes off his black Nike cap.

Commentator: "Well, Da Pope's Chosen lost the game, how do you feel about what happened?"

Cespedes: "It's simple, the ball didn't go where I wanted it to go. I thought I took some great swings there, but I guess I never found my rhythm."

Commentator: "Great swings indeed, but you missed the ball three straight times."

Cespedes: "I'm going to have to go back out on the driving range and get some more swings in, I guess. I was disappointed with my play, but you know, it's a long tournament. I think with a good round tomorrow I can get right back in this thing."

Voice off screen: "What da gently caress is dis poo poo?"

ZenVulgarity enters.

ZenVulgarity: "Fuckin' A man, all ya had to do was hit da friggin' ball. Ya could have hit da ball if ya had a friggin' bat."

Cespedes: "I don't understand. A.. bat?"

ZenVulgarity: "In case ya hadn't noticed, dis here is baseball. It ain't friggin' golf. Lemme see dat thing."

ZenVulgarity grabs the golf club Cespedes used in his at-bat.

ZenVulgarity: "I admit, dis does feel nice. Ya see Mikey Gumballs out there earlier. He used somethin' like this ta beat Familiar upside his dang head after he blew anuddah one of our friggin' ball games. Hell, Gumballs had ta pay da Manicottis 5 grand cuz he had a bet goin' with dem. My boy Mikey coulda won a cool million smackers if he got through an appearance without givin' up a run, but ya know Familia, it's in that blood-a his."

ZenVulgarity shrugs as EclecticTastes enters.

ZenVulgarity: "What da hell ya lookin' at ya friggin' mook?"

EclecticTastes: "I figured I'd give my response on today's.." *rolls dice, looks up term in rule book* "..rigmarole."

ZenVulgarity: "Look at you usin' a book like a drat nerd."

EclecticTases: *rolls dice, looks up phrase in book* "Cease your hurtful words, mortal! I must say, despite the.. " *rolls dice, book, yadda yadda* "idiocy on display here today, I must say I am... " *rolls dice, looks up phrase in book* "quite content with today's result, and our record overall. Still, there is work to be done. You know the old term.. " *rolls dice, looks up phrase* ".. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Now, I must bid you all.. " *rolls dice, looks up a foreign word for goodbye* "Feumaidh mi ruith!"

EclecticTastes leaves.

ZenVulgarity: "Sheesh, we got a guy speakin' freakin' Welsh over here."

Cespedes: "I think that's Scottish."

ZenVulgarity: "Shuddupa-you faaaaace! Let's get da gently caress outta here."

ZenVulgarity grabs Cespedes by the ear, dragging him off to who knows where.

GAME NOTES

- Juan Marichals as a whole have been struggling in both leagues. The Natural 20s one is no exception, although he was good enough today.

- Mike Piazza had both a double and a triple in the ballgame. He rules!

- I apologize to all Italians and New Yorkers for my characterization of ZenVulgarity.

- *Iron Sheik runs in on the game notes* I break the jabroni familia back and make him humble! zanvulgarity you son of the bitch please do not use him he is killing your team

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

If your rotation keeps doing this well, there's really nothing to worry about.

Analysis

When batting average regresses to the mean, it means bad things for this offense.

Analysis

Trending in the right direction.

Analysis

I told you the People's Left-Hander was fine.

Analysis

Much like the Shardblades, I fear what will happen if and when this team stops hitting for average.

Analysis

The bullpen is saving you... for now.

Analysis

Frank Chance told me to tell you to move his skeleton out of the catcher's box every once in a while.

Analysis

As long as Brooks Robinson can keep this up... Oh, who am I kidding.

Analysis

That is a large number of 1-run losses. At least the rotation is as good as I had hoped.

Analysis

Okay, I know you've got one or more winning teams in that roster, so go find them!

Analysis

Maybe Mornacale should take more vacations.

Analysis

Something has to be done about those last 2 spots in the lineup, but the rest of the team is starting to just ignore them and win anyway.

Analysis

Drysdale... good? Maybe.

Analysis

Well, everyone gets shut down by Randy Johnson now and then.

Analysis

See, everything's fine.

Analysis

Technically, "the Generics are good" is a grammatically correct sentence. Who knew?

Analysis

Another dead catcher! How about that. Owners, please rest your catchers. They just want to have the energy to love you.

Analysis

So, maybe there's a chance after all.

Analysis

Let's see if the new guys on offense can turn this team around.

Analysis

Much like every other team, this team is 15-16.

Standings

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Pick 'em: No Agony, No Bragony

Intercontinental Championship
Kozmic Space Fish @ South Bolton Eazy W's (c)

Television Championship
Portland Panderers (c) @ Oklahoma City Bombers

Canadian Triple-Pak Championships
RCMP (c) @ South Dakota Marmosets

Larkin-Downing and Hardcore Championships
Detroit Wolverines @ Mitchell Kernels (c)

Hal Brown to Middle Relief. Jake Weimer to Long Relief. Bill Lee to Spacethe Minors.
McGraw to the bench, Yaz to the minors.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

How does Lajoie get tired starting at first base?! I didn't give Piazza a day off at catcher for a month and he never got tired, for christ's sake.

Just overhauled the lineup and rotation a bit, and Correa comes back next week to add some more offense, so I'm going to ride the most recent changes a little while longer before diving back in. What week's the draft, anyway?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Yaya posted:

Pick 'em: Bombers win, everyone else retains

ya

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

That's probably enough time now to see what's what. Could I get Phillippe in for Orth, Valo in for Wheat, and Riggs in for Sandberg, please?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Television Championship

Schang starts at C for this week please.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Put Benito Santiago in for Joe Torre for just the next week.
Put Toshiya Sugiuchi in for Scott Strickland and put Victor Cruz in for Urban Shocker.

New Bullpen:

CL: Kent Tekulve
SU: Chief Bender
SR: Hideo Nomo
SR: Victor Cruz
MR: Toshiya Sugiuchi
LR: Sam Leever

Put Roger Connor in as 1B for all lineups.

PASS THE MASH fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 15, 2016

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Pick 'em: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNT5BJIYCw4

Television Championship

RCMP (c)
@ South Dakota Marmosets

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Pick 'em: Marmosets win, all others retain.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Everyone retains.

Also I am filing a motion to enjoin the Oranges from using the title belt in their team banner as it is currently the Generics' and thus creating irreparable harm for every time it is used unlawfully.

Stan Williams in for Altrock, thanks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I need someone to post the A-Rod "how does it feel to be poor, motherfucker" because my A-Rod is channeling the ancient dinger god through the machine.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Move Frank Chance's skeleton out of his body. He can have it back when we either start winning like gangbusters or losing properly.

Also tell the mayor of Columbus that from now on, he's to control the weather to ensure an overcast sky during each of my home games, but with a 0% chance of inclement weather that could delay them. Sunshine is for winners. Or losers. But not morons who can't find their way out of the middle of the pack.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Okay, looks like Charlie Gehringer needs to take some time off, he's got to learn to be more careful around machinery. Let's see if the soul of Reggie Smith has improved or if he's going to start causing a ruckus.

Send down Charlie Gehringer, call up Reggie Smith

Lineup vs RHP - DH Edition
#1 Nap Lajoie - 2B
#2 Zack Wheat - LF
#3 Miguel Cabrera - 1B
#4 Larry Walker - RF
#5 Fred McGriff - DH
#6 Alex Rodriguez - SS
#7 Ron Santo - 3B
#8 Rudy York - C
#9 Ellis Burks - CF

Lineup vs LHP - DH Edition
#1 Nap Lajoie - 2B
#2 Ted Williams - LF
#3 Miguel Cabrera - 1B
#4 Larry Walker - RF
#5 Hank Greenberg - DH
#6 Alex Rodriguez - SS
#7 Ron Santo - 3B
#8 Rudy York - C
#9 Ellis Burks - CF

Oh and I keep forgetting: a guy just literally needs to sit some time out to stop being tired, DHing won't help at all, right? Playing Walker only against LHP seems to have worked last week so maybe it will work with Ted Williams this week.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

rabidsquid posted:

Oh and I keep forgetting: a guy just literally needs to sit some time out to stop being tired, DHing won't help at all, right? Playing Walker only against LHP seems to have worked last week so maybe it will work with Ted Williams this week.

DHing helps, but it's not a guarantee. The safe bets are one day off for tired players and two days off for sore players, I believe. So since you get a day off at the start of the week, you should be fine without DHing Teddy. He might be tired again by the end of the week, but he should be good for most of the week.

Mogul Help File posted:

Player Rest

Some position players require days off in order to perform at their best. The word '(tired)' to the left of a player's name is a warning that he may show some signs of fatigue if he continues to play without a day off. Although very few major league players will actually ask for a day off, the "tired" indicator is a hint from your coaches that this player is being used more than the would recommend. Although a "tired" player will still perform normally, this is an indicator that you should keep an eye on this player. If the team has a day off soon, that should suffice. Otherwise, you might want to swap him out of the starting lineup for a game.

If a "tired" player doesn't get any rest, his condition may change to "(sore)". At this point, the player is probably showing some signs of mental or physical fatigue, and perhaps some bumps or bruises. Sore players have an increased risk of injury, and may have their performance on the field affected. Generally, an immediate day off will bring a "sore" player back up to the "tired" level. After that, he can go back in the lineup, but you should probably continue to give occasional days off if you want the player to be fully rested.

EDIT: If you want to get really efficient, scout ahead who your opponents are and make platoon adjustments based on that to create artificial rest days for certain players.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 15, 2016

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
champs retain

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
champs retain

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Looks like everything's very slowly improving. Except Jim Kaat.

Cody Allen back to bullpen (SR2), Terry Forster to MR, Claude Osteen to SP5, Jim Kaat to minors.

I need at least one more starter for my rotation.

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

South Bolton Eazy W's (c)

Television Championship
Oklahoma City Bombers

RCMP (c)

Mitchell Kernels (c)

Mussina to Closer; lovely Fingers to A; Call up... Charlton to middle relief.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Television Championship

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
pickem
champs retain

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
Champs retain

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Jackie goes to 2nd and Cross mans 3rd for a week to rest Riggs.

Time to wake up boys don't let those Dinger Maniacs beat you.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I need some hitters

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Lots of little changes, so I'll just do new lineups w/e

Bernie Williams play for Darryl, and Daniel Murphy play for George Kell for this week.

Batting Order v. all pitchers

1 Richie Ashburn, CF
2 Harvey Kuenn, SS
3 John Olerud, 1B
4 Carlos Baerga, 2B
5 Mike Piazza, C
6 Bernie Williams, RF
7 Daniel Murphy, 3B
8 Rickey Henderson, LF

PITCHING CHANGES

Bring Up Plank, Shove Halladay into the minors

Rotation:
SP1 Dwight Gooden
SP2 Eddie Plank
SP3 Frank Tanana
SP4 Jacob DeGrom
SP5 Matt Harvey
Closer: Addison Reed
Setup: Justin Verlander
Short Relief: Jesse Orrosco
Short Relief: John Franco
Middle Relief: Bartolo Colon
Long Relief: Robin Roberts

FAMILIA YOU GOIN BACK TO DA MINORS YA GAHBAGE

ZenVulgarity fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 15, 2016

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

E: poo poo. when did that Hornsby injury happen?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

tadashi posted:

E: poo poo. when did that Hornsby injury happen?
Must have happened in the last week, McFreeze didn't catch that he broke his spine in a tragic Soulcycling accident.

Edit: Your Hornsby is also several centuries old, so honestly the question should be not when it happened, but why it hasn't happened earlier.

kw0134 fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 15, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CVE posted:

Jackie goes to 2nd and Cross mans 3rd for a week to rest Riggs.

Time to wake up boys don't let those Dinger Maniacs beat you.

The blood of the non-believers fuels the dinger machine and sends signals in to outer space, where the dinger god lives.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

rabidsquid posted:

The blood of the non-believers fuels the dinger machine and sends signals in to outer space, where the dinger god lives.

Darren Daulton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Oops! Missed one!