Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Yechezkel posted:

Check your email inbox. The "extensions" for PS+ from last week's downtime are being sent out, but the extension is in a form of a PSN code for 1 day of PS+ that you have to redeem yourself. :wtf: That is worth around 14 cents.

I haven't received my code yet.

Those are actually going to be super useful for when you let your sub lapse and just want to grab a month's games without subbing again (because you already have a huge backlog or whatever.) If you time it right, you could even "buy" two months of ps+ games with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Yechezkel posted:

Check your email inbox. The "extensions" for PS+ from last week's downtime are being sent out, but the extension is in a form of a PSN code for 1 day of PS+ that you have to redeem yourself. :wtf: That is worth around 14 cents.

I haven't received my code yet.

Lol

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Katana Gomai posted:

Those are actually going to be super useful for when you let your sub lapse and just want to grab a month's games without subbing again (because you already have a huge backlog or whatever.) If you time it right, you could even "buy" two months of ps+ games with that.

That's not going to work for long. The email says the code expires at the end of March.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
hahaha Sony is so loving weird

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I think the sheer scale of that level of credit makes it tricky. We see it as 14 cents and hardly worth it, but aren't they up to 10 million+ PS+ subscriptions now? That's a good million+ dollars in credits. Someone is so fired.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Yeah but how many of those subscriptions will expire before March and how many people will even remember to redeem this?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nickoten posted:

Yeah but how many of those subscriptions will expire before March and how many people will even remember to redeem this?

I think that's part of the point. By creating a situation where some people might forget, they'll save a few bucks.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Nickoten posted:

Well, it adds on to the end of your subscription.

But yeah, I'm not bothering to punch in a 12 digit code for a one day extension. Here, someone take mine:
5G2R-L3NJ-G8DM

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You know you can just copy and paste it, right

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wa27 posted:

But yeah, I'm not bothering to punch in a 12 digit code for a one day extension. Here, someone take mine:
5G2R-L3NJ-G8DM

You just typed it

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Oh! I didn't realize it would just be tacked on to the end.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

wa27 posted:

5G2R-L3NJ-G8DM

I mean, the e-mail even has a link to where you can redeem it. It took me 30 seconds.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ruggington posted:

why does this come out 3 days before xcom 2

why is february doing this to me

February is like "hey, nice wallet you got there, mind if we take it?" month.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

February is like "hey, nice wallet you got there, mind if we take it?" month.

What else is there? The only thing I've got my eye on right now is the Darkest Dungeon full release.

Seems like most of my hurt's going to be further in the year, when all the big-name JRPG's start dropping.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you're crazy enough to want to buy the entirety of Fire Emblem Fates it's like 100+ dollars.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fire watch is what I'm stoked for

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

What else is there? The only thing I've got my eye on right now is the Darkest Dungeon full release.

Seems like most of my hurt's going to be further in the year, when all the big-name JRPG's start dropping.

Fire Emblem Fates and its expansions/Collector's Editions, Street Fighter V and an absolute shitton of expensive-as-gently caress controllers for it, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Far Cry Primal, Xcom 2, Mighty No. 9, the 3DS version of Mega Man Legacy Collection (and physical versions for all platforms) all drop in February, and then the wallet hurt continues in March with Twilight Princess HD, The Division, Hitman which is at least episodic now so you can get it on it for only $15, Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. :sonia:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

univbee posted:

Fire Emblem Fates and its expansions/Collector's Editions, Street Fighter V and an absolute shitton of expensive-as-gently caress controllers for it, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Far Cry Primal, Xcom 2, Mighty No. 9, the 3DS version of Mega Man Legacy Collection (and physical versions for all platforms) all drop in February, and then the wallet hurt continues in March with Twilight Princess HD, The Division, Hitman which is at least episodic now so you can get it on it for only $15, Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. :sonia:

Oh thank Christ, I'm only interested in, like, two of those. My grocery money may remain unmolested.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Squallege posted:

Who's ready for that new Digimon game? I'm ready for those digital monsters man
I am excited. I will probably make a thread so we can hugbox each other.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

univbee posted:

Mirrors edge got delayed until May :(.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

Isn't Project X Zone 2 dropping in February as well?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spalec posted:

Mirrors edge got delayed until May :(.

And dark souls is april

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
How is Valiant Hearts? Does it have any gameplay or do you just walk right and press buttons? It looks interesting, at least.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Renoistic posted:

How is Valiant Hearts? Does it have any gameplay or do you just walk right and press buttons? It looks interesting, at least.

Its an adventure game with puzzles to solve for progress and light action segments here and there. The story is pretty good but i only played half of it because other games are better

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 15, 2016

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Katana Gomai posted:

That's actually a great idea, thanks for mentioning it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

univbee posted:

Also more niche stuff like Project X-Zone, the Popolocrois/Harvest Moon crossover, Gravity Rush Remastered, the Dying Light expansion pack, ect.

Even just the stuff I know I'm going to want to play (Fire Emblem, Gravity Rush, X-COM) are gonna take a huge chunk out of my wallet and that's ignoring the possibility of stuff I'm interested in but probably not at launch. (I like Harvest Moon games and Popolocrois is usually at least an okay time.)

katkillad2 posted:

That's actually a great idea, thanks for mentioning it.

It needs to be redeemed by march 16th

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

It needs to be redeemed by march 16th

I think that means I can redeem it Feb 29th and get both February and March PS+ games and delay buying a subscription even longer if the PS+ games continue to be poo poo.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Medium Cool posted:

I mean, the e-mail even has a link to where you can redeem it. It took me 30 seconds.

Which would be great if I knew my PSN login. If they're trying to save a buck by not just extending everyone by one day automatically, then they shouldn't have even bothered.

Making you redeem your 13.7 cents worth of subscription is dumber than when Microsoft used to send people 25 cents on their birthday. At least that was worth twice as much and you didn't have to enter the code yourself.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

I think that means I can redeem it Feb 29th and get both February and March PS+ games and delay buying a subscription even longer if the PS+ games continue to be poo poo.

Fair enough! I thought you meant you were saving it for another time.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

katkillad2 posted:

I keep seeing people say this but don't ps+ games licenses expire when your sub runs out? So you'll download them and play them for a day then no longer be able to access them?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

OxMan posted:

I keep seeing people say this but don't ps+ games licenses expire when your sub runs out? So you'll download them and play them for a day then no longer be able to access them?

Until I resub yea, but it's been a while since the ps+ games gave me more than a day of enjoyment so probably won't be an issue.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

OxMan posted:

Right, but if you never 'bought' them to claim them you lose any chance to play them even when you do finally give in or find a deal or whatever and get a real subscription. Otherwise people would probably let it lapse a couple months here and there when they're too busy for a while or some other life poo poo happens.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Isn't Project X Zone 2 dropping in February as well?

Games people might actually want to pl- oh it's D_T

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

D_T is the T_T face pressed up against a boob.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Takoluka posted:

D_T is the T_T face pressed up against a boob.

Haha, good joke.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Renoistic posted:

i thought it was really good except for the very final gameplay sequence. there is a lot of walking yes, but you also have sneaking sequences, sequences where you ride a car/bike and dodge bullets, trench warfare, puzzle solving (for instance, getting materials to escape a prison camp or getting disguises to infiltrate a german outpost commandos style) and a few button mashing sequences (aka the final gameplay sequence). certainly one of the better psn+ games

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Renoistic posted:

It was my favourite game of 2014. It's an adventure game where you solve puzzles, but they are kept simple so they are fun things to do with logical steps rather than the instant roadblocks of old-school adventure games. There are action sequences that are legitimately more exciting than some AAA blockbusters, the art style is gorgeous, the characters are interesting, and from a light and almost comic opening it journeys towards an ending which is a real gutpuncher.

I bought, played, and completed this game on PS3. Did the entire thing over again on PS4 when it went free. It's an absolute gem.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Ironically, the thing I disliked most in Valiant Hearts was something that I assume was included because the creators wanted to add more gameplay, namely QTE minigames that were introduced with a certain new character. I was quite content with running around and solving simple puzzles and the game is simply hurt by those - not only are they utterly unnecessary, they are simply boring to get through.

Still, I got it as a PS+ game, so I can't complain about the price, at the very least.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 15, 2016

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Cool, thanks! I got the PS+ game but I don't have a PS4. Might get it while it's cheap for the PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Szurumbur posted:

Ironically, the thing I disliked most in Valiant Hearts was something that I assume was included because the creators wanted to add more gameplay, namely QTE minigames that were introduced with a certain new character. I was quite content with running around and solving simple puzzles and the game is simply hurt by those - not only are they utterly unnecessary, they are simply boring to get through.

Still, I got it as a PS+ game, so I can't complain about the price, at the very least.

Edit: well, it had to happen eventually.

• Locked thread