Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Someone on reddit wrote a script to scrape character data via the public APIs and the spread of population is pretty hilarious

Mushin 50.46%
Jiwan 10.52%
Poharan 9.27%
Old Man Cho 7.09%
Master Hong 6.21%
Soha 4.80%
Yehara 3.91%
Iksanun 3.63%
Hajoon 2.30%
Juwol 1.81%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Anarkii posted:

Someone on reddit wrote a script to scrape character data via the public APIs and the spread of population is pretty hilarious

Mushin 50.46%
Jiwan 10.52%
Poharan 9.27%
Old Man Cho 7.09%
Master Hong 6.21%
Soha 4.80%
Yehara 3.91%
Iksanun 3.63%
Hajoon 2.30%
Juwol 1.81%

I have no idea why they decided 10 servers was a good plan instead of like, 3-4 and increased capacity per

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I expected Mushin to be the most populated server because it was the name of the server from beta, but I didn't expect over 50%. Good luck to those without premium! Queues would be several hours long probably.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Buhbuhj posted:

The only requirement to get into goon guild is 100% oil sliders.

When I pick this up I'm going to be maximum oily skinny grey alien or maximum fat oily hairy goon. No middle ground.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's better to deal with a queue every now and then for the first month than it is to deal with playing on a completely empty server.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Velveteen posted:

I expected Mushin to be the most populated server because it was the name of the server from beta, but I didn't expect over 50%. Good luck to those without premium! Queues would be several hours long probably.

If those figures are accurate, even those with Master Packs will likely have queues of several hours.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I'm having trouble deciding on what to name my Summoner...

Assault and... Cattery?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

If those figures are accurate, even those with Master Packs will likely have queues of several hours.

not if you are lucky enough to be able to be up and awake the minute it launches so you can :getin:

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Dumb questions :

I've seen in some videos that one player killed an enemy, and then wings erupted from their back. Was a NA beta video, not korean. What the hell was that and why did it happen?

Also, what party buffs do the various classes actually have? I tried looking through the bnstool side skill tree thing but I can't really decipher it. I'm interested in party support mostly.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Innerguard posted:

Dumb questions :

I've seen in some videos that one player killed an enemy, and then wings erupted from their back. Was a NA beta video, not korean. What the hell was that and why did it happen?

Also, what party buffs do the various classes actually have? I tried looking through the bnstool side skill tree thing but I can't really decipher it. I'm interested in party support mostly.

That was probably the level up animation.

There isn't really a support class. Each class brings a different flavor of utility. KFM, BM and SMN (via the pet) can tank and keep mobs off squishier party members. Des, KFM, FM, and BD all have holds that allows the party extra and uninterrupted damage on a boss. Sin and SMN can give party stealth. Des and BD are really good at solo CC.

You're going to be playing a damage dealer first and foremost in this game, all you can do is decide what kind of utility you want to bring to the table.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'm getting a failure to connect to the server when I try and login and do a name reservation (I know, I should have done it sooner). Do they have them down in prep for the launch in a few hours? Not really a huge deal, just kind curious if I'm having some weird connectivity issue I didn't have during the beta.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum
I'm a giant on this earth, fee fi fo fum
Cerebellum over-loader make your brain stem numb!
Any plans for an EU guild on Windrest? My wandering vagabond is starting to get antsy...what a wuss.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'll be making one on Red faction though I'm probably gonna invite people I find cool as I'm not sure we have enough EU goons.

I'll be Gale Tayuun and I'll be on discord/you can PM me if You for some reason can't find me in game.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

According to yesterday's stream, the Currency Exchange will not be available at launch. So you won't be able to exchange NCoins for gold or gold for hongmoon coins. They want to give the economy a chance to stabilize before they enable it again, no ETA other than "at a later date".

edit: to clarify, you can still get hongmoon coins from venture tokens

cathead fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 15, 2016

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Anarkii posted:

Mushin 50.46%
Jiwan 10.52%
Poharan 9.27%
Old Man Cho 7.09%
Master Hong 6.21%
Soha 4.80%
Yehara 3.91%
Iksanun 3.63%
Hajoon 2.30%
Juwol 1.81%

This is why "megaservers" should be the new standard.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I should have "worked from home" today.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Soooooo...
Do we know what time this is coming online? I'm up early, hung over and wanna punch an anime.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot about the glorious and perfect OP. Looks like two hours.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Xavier434 posted:

This is why "megaservers" should be the new standard.

For a game as low-ping reliant as BnS, a megaserver would cause it's own unenviable set of problems.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Reminder:

Servers will be up at 1pm EST/10am PST!

Also if you haven't hopped on Discord, you should do that!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

Reminder:

Servers will be up at 1pm EST/10am PST!

Also if you haven't hopped on Discord, you should do that!

Also don't forget to re-apply your founders pack codes in ncsoft account management. Even if you did it during beta you have to do it again.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
So are we going to give all of the goon guilds really bad kung-fu chop-saki names?

Goon Tang Clan
Enter the DraGoon
Enter the Drag Goons (For troons ofc)

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm kinda annoyed that my cat doesn't get its own oil bars. anyone else mad about that?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

When I get in this afternoon, is there anything special I should do other than the main quest line? I have the waste-of-money founder's pack, if that matters.

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016
I forgot to ask one very important question. Is this game able to be played with one hand?

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

When I get in this afternoon, is there anything special I should do other than the main quest line? I have the waste-of-money founder's pack, if that matters.

The first step is to punch a thing, and then follow up by punching the thing next to it. Repeat until all things in the world are punched.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crashed at character creation. GREAT!

edit: Now crashes at start up!

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 15, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

El Cid posted:

The first step is to punch a thing, and then follow up by punching the thing next to it. Repeat until all things in the world are punched.

I don't need to put in a code or whatever? Just don't want to gently caress it up and need to create another account or whatever with some hosed-up NCSoft system.

Insensitive
Aug 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Can I make my character really fat in this game? This is very important.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Someone took my handle, lol.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

31 Premium member already waiting. 15 minute wait.

I'm going to be playing as Toonces the Summoner and my Kung-Fu Master, Slim Goodbody.

87 premium, 20 minutes. This is loving silly.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 15, 2016

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Who is making the guild again? Who do we need to whisper for an invite once its up?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

On Eu that is Gale Tayuun Or just poke me in discord

PS. We are on Windrest - Red faction

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
I keep crashing on cutscenes and i didn't have this problem in beta :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, maybe I'm not used to these games but are 45 minute wait times common?
500 people in front of me. I'm assuming it's a launch day anomaly. If I'm going to be waiting like this every day, I'm moving to a low-pop server or not playing at all.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Have fun all you goons that bought founder's packs, I'll join in after early release which is when your login queues will finally pop. :smuggo:

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Anyone else running into this error right after putting their pin in? disconnected from server 2000 (132,10054)

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Inzombiac posted:

Okay, maybe I'm not used to these games but are 45 minute wait times common?
500 people in front of me. I'm assuming it's a launch day anomaly. If I'm going to be waiting like this every day, I'm moving to a low-pop server or not playing at all.

You have no idea. The wait times when ArcheAge was released were 4-6 hours. It was literally insane. People were opening the client remotely on their computers at 2pm so they'd be logged in by the time they got home from work.

Today is opening day for BnS, anything under two hours doesn't sound crazy to me.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

702 Premium Members queue, well, I guess I will go eat lunch at the mean time.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Does it do idle timeout once you're logged in? If so, how long is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

I don't need to put in a code or whatever? Just don't want to gently caress it up and need to create another account or whatever with some hosed-up NCSoft system.

If you bought a founders pack (which I assume you did since you're trying to play today) just log into your NC soft account and find the Blade and Soul section and there will be a button to automatically apply the code from your purchase to get whatever rewards it grants you. You can do this while logged in and it should just grant you everything instantly.

• Locked thread