Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i was desperately hoping soma would just close the door on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Inflammatory posted:

i was desperately hoping soma would just close the door on him.

I'm expecting him to do that at the start of the next chapter as a gag.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I didn't think it was possible to put jump scares in a manga, yet here we are.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Jesus! That made me jump! Shun Saeki is an incredible artist.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Korean scans are out for the new chapter.

Holy loving poo poo this chapter.

Azami was a member of the dorm (3rd seat in his first year, and then 1st seat in his second year), and admired Souma's dad.

Also Souma tells Azami (and Erina happens to listen) to the fact that he's Jyoichiro's son.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Korean scans are out for the new chapter.

Holy loving poo poo this chapter.

Azami was a member of the dorm (3rd seat in his first year, and then 1st seat in his second year), and admired Souma's dad.

Also Souma tells Azami (and Erina happens to listen) to the fact that he's Jyoichiro's son.

All of these loving truth bombs man, I'm dying at Souma's expression on the last page.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Compendium posted:

All of these loving truth bombs man, I'm dying at Souma's expression on the last page.

I'm glad it finally happened and utterly pleased at how it happened.

The thing about Azami idolizing Jyoichiro is a bit weird though. When I read the spoilers earlier today I was sure it was made up.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Compendium posted:

Never mind that, the look on Azami's face is something else.

Is it the face of Oh poo poo, I've effectively picked a fight with Gohan or the look of Seriously? You're Jyoichiro's kid?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Mangastream up.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hey, they finally dropped the bomb.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There's an elite culinary group called the "Circle of the Demon Kings of Food"? :allears:

Also, I love Soma's face in the last few pages. Just a mix of utter confusion and being completely nonplussed about food satan being his dad's number one fan. It's great.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Fabricated posted:

Hey, they finally dropped the bomb.

Cat's out of the bag now! :3:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

There's an elite culinary group called the "Circle of the Demon Kings of Food"? :allears:

Also, I love Soma's face in the last few pages. Just a mix of utter confusion and being completely nonplussed about food satan being his dad's number one fan. It's great.

Apparently the entire Nakiri clan exist to get Saiba-senpai to notice them.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I like that he was the god-tier chef that everyone looked up to, and then he left and started what was basically a country diner, and paid for it by flying all over the world to do crazy fancy chef things every once and awhile.

Nobody's running that old restaurant right now, right? It's been awhile, but I think it's closed down. Souma's dad seems way less impressive when his kouhai is running a fairly successful hostile takeover of an entire cooking academy and his other friend is the #1 consultant for like, multiple hotel empires.

Of course, I'm fine with him staying out of the picture until he has a shokugeki with Souma to close out the series.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yeah, it's closed until either Souma graduates or his dad finishes up with his current worldwide tour.

Wouldn't be surprised if Jouichiro occasionally dropped by to keep the place in good shape, though. Souma did it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

NowonSA posted:

Nobody's running that old restaurant right now, right? It's been awhile, but I think it's closed down. Souma's dad seems way less impressive when his kouhai is running a fairly successful hostile takeover of an entire cooking academy and his other friend is the #1 consultant for like, multiple hotel empires.

I'd say Jouichirou's lack of achievements has more to do with his personality than his skill.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kyte posted:

I'd say Jouichirou's lack of achievements has more to do with his personality than his skill.

Yeah, pretty much. Jouichiro got to meet the lady he wanted to cook for and that was it when it comes to big accomplishment as far as he's concerned.

Man, can it be next week already? I want to see the Nakiris reacting to Souma revealing that Big J is his dad in full Shun Saeki detail.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wark Say posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Jouichiro got to meet the lady he wanted to cook for and that was it when it comes to big accomplishment as far as he's concerned.

Man, can it be next week already? I want to see the Nakiris reacting to Souma revealing that Big J is his dad in full Shun Saeki detail.

the true tsundere begins here

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Wark Say posted:

Azami's entire scheme is probably a tsundere scheme to get Senpai to notice him because he's mad that Jouchiro dropped out of the culinary world or some poo poo so it will probably just piss him off.

Erina will probably be pissed off at Soma also (for tsundere reasons) and will ratchet up the tsun also, but Soma will just write it off that Erina's being a bitch again as usual.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ya'll are crazy if you're expecting Erina to not melt into a blob everytime she's near Soma now

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I'm waiting for Azamiblob next chapter. Another shocking face page except as :swoon: as possible.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eej posted:

Ya'll are crazy if you're expecting Azami to not melt into a blob everytime he's near Soma now

:colbert:

More importantly I wonder if we're about to learn more about Soma's mum since Azami recognised the name yukihira and all. And maybe this dramatic revelation will inspire Azami to spill the beans about the other half of Soma's parentage.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

Ya'll are crazy if you're expecting Erina to not melt into a blob everytime she's near Soma now

So it's gonna be like Ouran post chapter 57.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The funniest scenario is if he turns into Hiashi Hyuuga master geneticist and tries to use his chessmaster powers to get the ultimate cooking offspring.

Also those Two Guys have balls telling the headmaster to gently caress off. Hopefully the dorm denizens give them props.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 16, 2016

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Whoops wrong thread.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Mangastream is up and the reactions were perfect.

Azami is kind of hilarious when you consider his motivations vs the way he's portrayed.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

girl needs to meltdown more

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I will laugh so hard if this entire thing is because Azami is jealous of Jouichiro's wife.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The Big Bad's motivation is literally to get senpai to notice him. Also, he seems like he's on the Hiashi Hyuuga, Master Geneticist train with Soma and his daughter.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Davincie posted:

I thought the page of her recalling all the mean poo poo she's said to him was great

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So Jouichiro is the Sasuke Uchiha of this series. Gotcha.

Erina having her “Oh crap! I've spent the better part of my first year of High School antagonizing the son of the man I admire!” moment was loving beautiful.

Rindou continues to be the best, though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm surprised they're already setting up Shokugeki's with the rest of the Elite 10. I really don't see them being too many matches with these guys because if any of the characters were to lose they'd be expelled and I really doubt any of the 10 will lose so soon after Eizan's defeat.

Also,

BlitzBlast posted:

I will laugh so hard if this entire thing is because Azami is jealous of Jouichiro's wife.

I'm pretty sure this is going to be the case and I couldn't be happier. :allears:

Wark Say posted:

So Jouichiro is the Sasuke Uchiha of this series. Gotcha..

And I don't quite get what you mean by this. They don't seem anything alike.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Davincie posted:

The faces are certainly delectable. I wonder if Erina will leave Polar Star because of this revelation though.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There's still strong contenders against the Elite 10 like Akira and Ryou though. I'm betting something should happen with the former because the new Central's impeding on his and Jun's research.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't tell if I want Erina to double down on despising Souma more because he's Saiba's son and should be much better at cooking because of that or to just chill out on hating him all the time since him being Saiba's son explains why and how he's managed to survive ~however many months the series has been going on at this point- in Tōtsuki.

Still bummed that Rindou went antagonist though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

And I don't quite get what you mean by this. They don't seem anything alike.

They're obviously not. Jouichiro, for one, is a good dad, globe-trotting cookery tendencies aside. Also, voiced by Jack Bauer. Meanwhile, Sasuke is a really boring "Vegeta-type" rival character. I just thought that when Azami said that he'll shake the Culinary world that "ruined his dear senpai" , it kinda reminded me of the whole "I'll bring Sasuke back" promise Naruto made to Sakura.

Back to the Fanservice Cooking Manga, this chapter had some excellent faces. Also Azami continues to be a little bitch. Naked Apron-senpai took his dismissal like a goddamn champion and politely called him on his bullshit "Well, we used to have rules in place to properly dictate our position within the Elite 10, but seeing that you are, in fact, a mewling tosspot, you probably docked all those rules, have you not?". And yes, in my head, Naked Apron-senpai is unfailingly polite even when insulting someone whenever he's dressed to the nines.

RareAcumen posted:

I can't tell if I want Erina to double down on despising Souma more because he's Saiba's son and should be much better at cooking because of that or to just chill out on hating him all the time since him being Saiba's son explains why and how he's managed to survive ~however many months the series has been going on at this point- in Tōtsuki.

Rindou is a girl. Girl just wants to have some goddamn fun. Don't hold it against her.

I think it's been at least 8 months of time and it's November-ish? With regards to Erina, and especially given her goofy meltdown and the fact that she seems to both still hold him in incredibly high regards and be incredibly respectful towards him, I think fellow forum poster Eej wrote it best:

Eej posted:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I'm like 99% sure Rindou is a double agent.

Compendium posted:

There's still strong contenders against the Elite 10 like Akira and Ryou though. I'm betting something should happen with the former because the new Central's impeding on his and Jun's research.

I'm sensing a heel turn by at least one of them.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jan 23, 2016

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Eej posted:

Nah, she'll try to awkwardly apologize and Souma will do something new to piss her off and she'll double down on hating his guts.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

I think it's like that but he thinks Jouichiro wasted his talents on being a family man.

Azami strikes me as the sort of loon who'd think that and think it a failing of the education system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I think it's been at least 8 months of time and it's November-ish? With regards to Erina, and especially given her goofy meltdown and the fact that she seems to both still hold him in incredibly high regards and be incredibly respectful towards him, I think fellow forum poster Eej wrote it best:

Possibly. But considering how free of fanservice its been recently, I want to believe they don't go that direction. But that's mostly me holding out hope that the only one who gets flustered around Souma remains Mito's thing.