Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Alacrity changing from 66% faster recharge to 33%. Chronomancer is DEAD.

Rip mesmer, well of precog changed to aegis, and chaos armor applies weakness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Search and Rescue might actually be useful now.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Did they mention lowering the cooldown? I will never waste a utility slot on something with an 85 second cooldown.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Wtf is going on?!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

basilisk venom is now unblockable, great perfect thief is fixed

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 15, 2016

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Wtf is going on?!

Stream talking about balance changes.

But yea it's usually nice to have context for posts like "ZOMG ANET RIP MESMER".

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

250 INCREASE IN FEROCITY AFTER SWAPPING TO AIR ATTUNEMENT WITH FRESH AIR TRAITED?????

Having a reason to not always take Water+Earth is kinda nice, auramancer is boring as gently caress

And tbf diamond skin, which is what everyone really hates ele for, is getting dropped from condi immunity to removal, which is a big deal

look im scrambling for reasons here, and praying to god this is part of some plan to make auramancer obsolete because i love ele but auramancer is boring as poo poo

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 15, 2016

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I was sitting on a couple ascended boxes for months 'cause I didn't know who to use them on, but now I'm kinda glad I didn't use them on a mesmer :unsmith:

e. Just glad I was able to get some use of it while the game was still alive, rip guild wars 2 maybe gw3 will deliver.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

250 INCREASE IN FEROCITY AFTER SWAPPING TO AIR ATTUNEMENT WITH FRESH AIR TRAITED?????

That's not as good as you think it is, the buff only lasts 5 seconds, it will be over by the time you can use air overload, but it will make for some strong fire hits after switching to air before they land.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mike12345 posted:

Low-involvement fights like Shat (now) have its place, ideally they'd exist along more challenging content.

Yeah the only real problem with the Shat as it is, is that it's supposed to be this big bad dragon minion like Claw of Jormag and goes down easier than the freaking Jungle Wurm. I'd be fine with another fight basically replacing the Shat as the Shat gets tuned up, but y'know they're putting forth enough :effort:.

Also I'm so sorry Chronomancers. :smith:

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Warrior rifle now only pierces for volley and killshot but does that baseline. Brutal shot does a roll backwards and a short immobilize. Crackshot does not make your other skills pierce anymore but gives extra adrenaline on hit (I'm not sure if it's all your skills or just your fierce shot).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Are they talking about dragonhunter changes at all?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Are they talking about dragonhunter changes at all?

From dulfy:

quote:

Guardian

Protective Reviver – added a speed increase.
Smite Conditions – Increase the number of conditions removed from 1 to 2.
Test of Faith – 66% of the full damage comes from when player cross the rings. It is now reduced to 50% damage.
Piercing Light – Reduced the daze duration from 1s to 0.5s. It will no longer daze enemies in an unblockable way.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
They repeatedly said these are just a small taste of the changes to come and I hope for their sake it is.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

They repeatedly said these are just a small taste of the changes to come and I hope for their sake it is.

Yeah I'm waiting for the hammer on that one.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

These are not surprising and hopefully that's it.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Rifle changes underwhelming. They should honestly just make the auto-attack Gunflame, then people might start using it lol.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Well I'm glad I have that Daredevil to use since Alacrity will now be nowhere near as useful on my Chrono.

Also the Warrior rifle changes look reasonably good seeing as I'm the only warrior who seems to prefer rifle to longbow.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Rip celestial amulets.

Good riddance.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Rip celestial amulets.

Good Riddance.

E: oh thank gently caress they doubled the cooldown of Stealth Gyro, killing it will actually do something now instead of letting the Engi re-stealth five seconds later

E2: Oof Rev Sword 3 took a like 25% damage nerf. Rev really just took a gigantic pile of nerfs. Sword and Hammer both nerfed

vvvvvv yeah http://dulfy.net/2016/01/15/gw2-upcoming-changes-to-pvp-runessigils-and-amulets/

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 15, 2016

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

gandlethorpe posted:

Rip celestial amulets.

Good riddance.

What? In sPvP? Really?

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

So they are changing it so quickness doesn't affect rezzing and stomping downed players. Why exactly did they ever think that quickness affecting that was a good idea in the first place?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I have highlighted the key word there

'unintentional' seems to be a theme really

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The MMO HMO › Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns - 'unintentional' seems to be a theme really

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Cutedge posted:

So they are changing it so quickness doesn't affect rezzing and stomping downed players. Why exactly did they ever think that quickness affecting that was a good idea in the first place?

Probably thought it was rare enough that they didn't need to bother changing it, then they gave classes far more access to it and made timewarp slow and have revenants around with on-demand quickness toggle which is all kinds of bullshitty to deal with in pvp, combined with revenants slowing your stomps to 2 hours to complete with slow on their downed autos.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Why do they have to nerf Chronomancer before I got a chance to really play it :smith:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah I think those chrono nerfs were pretty overkill

50% Alacrity would have been fine

Like giving Chrono a hit to the groin with nerfs for pve reasons while leaving Burnzerker alone is complete nonsense

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸
The Alacrity nerf indirectly nerfs Burnzerker by a decent amount in group play, but Scorched Earth really needs to be a single fire field. Even in Heart of the Mists on golems, Burnzerker is nearly double every other classes' DPS with only Banners buffing it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What are the ranger changes

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸
Ranger:
  • Search and Rescue – Will now give ally in the area regeneration but if there is an ally down in the area (1200 range), the pet will teleport the downed person to you and then revive them.
  • Protect Me – Now will break stun on nearby allies, giving you protection and cause the next foe that attack you to be taunted by your pet.
  • Hidden Barbs - Bleeding damage increase changed from 20% to 33%
  • Predator's Onslaught - Increased damage for you and your pet on inhibited targets changed from 10% to 15%

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I was expecting changes to burnzerkers, but I wasn't expecting those changes to be buffs, I guess they didn't like that some of the slots in the raid weren't taken up by warriors.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Trading post flippers of high price low volume items beware! ANet might see fit to deprive you of your gold if they think a RMTer bought your items. Though I can't see that decision standing.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 16, 2016

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
drat, I was hoping to be allowed to stand back and use my bows as a main weapon and send the cat in while raining arrows in PvP. I'm approaching 60 and still have no idea WTF most of the words in this thread mean but I gather that this is a socially unacceptable play style :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

learnincurve posted:

drat, I was hoping to be allowed to stand back and use my bows as a main weapon and send the cat in while raining arrows in PvP. I'm approaching 60 and still have no idea WTF most of the words in this thread mean but I gather that this is a socially unacceptable play style :(

Who the gently caress cares what's "acceptable", play however the hell you want.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
0 regrets thug life

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

learnincurve posted:

No that's actually a pretty solid way to pvp until you're against people who are really good

I'm in one of the like mid-range divisions and Marauder Longbow Ranger still completely crushes people in games I'm in on a regular basis.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSwanky posted:

Ranger:
  • Search and Rescue – Will now give ally in the area regeneration but if there is an ally down in the area (1200 range), the pet will teleport the downed person to you and then revive them.
  • Protect Me – Now will break stun on nearby allies, giving you protection and cause the next foe that attack you to be taunted by your pet.
  • Hidden Barbs - Bleeding damage increase changed from 20% to 33%
  • Predator's Onslaught - Increased damage for you and your pet on inhibited targets changed from 10% to 15%

Barbs is good, still not worth it to take shouts I feel.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Maybe not search and rescue or protect me but strength of the pack, we heal as one, and sic em are still great skills and the essentially spammable regen they put out if you have resounding timbre does wonders for building up druidic star magic or whatever it's called.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Love finding these random little tucked away areas in the GH :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I play condition Chrono, so I'm already doing it so wrong that I'm not really worried about the alacrity nerf.

• Locked thread