Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
But there are four nurses in the illustration?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Why are there four nurses in the picture? :v:

EDIT: :argh: AlbieQuirky

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

CodfishCartographer posted:

Why do so many crazy conservatives say that Hilary should be put in jail? I see this so often and I have no idea why.

Aside form sexism, I mean.

It's like how these same people will scream, "impeach Obama", but can't give you an actual reason why.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Polaron posted:

If the guy had continued seeming dead, he might have gotten anal!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Impeach Obama so we can have President Joe Biden.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Polaron posted:

Better yet why are there nurses working in the morgue?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Grem posted:

Better yet why are there nurses working in the morgue?

Don't hospitals have their own morgues? They were obviously there looking to gently caress a corpse in the first place.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Responses entirely in emojis, cos they're illiterate

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

CodfishCartographer posted:

Why do so many crazy conservatives say that Hilary should be put in jail? I see this so often and I have no idea why.

Aside form sexism, I mean.

There's a law covering how you handle classified documents. General Petraeus got convicted and received a couple of years probation for it. Clinton era advisor Sandy Berger got 2 years probation as well when he was caught destroying classified documents.

So you don't go to jail, but you do lose your security clearance. That probably wouldn't make someone ineligible for office though. Be kind of funny if you were a D.C. probation officer and the President had to visit you every month.

But yeah, important men get convicted of this and there's enough evidence to warrant an investigation. So not really sexism.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Krispy Kareem posted:

There's a law covering how you handle classified documents. General Petraeus got convicted and received a couple of years probation for it. Clinton era advisor Sandy Berger got 2 years probation as well when he was caught destroying classified documents.

So you don't go to jail, but you do lose your security clearance. That probably wouldn't make someone ineligible for office though. Be kind of funny if you were a D.C. probation officer and the President had to visit you every month.

But yeah, important men get convicted of this and there's enough evidence to warrant an investigation. So not really sexism.

There was an investigation though? Headed by republicans, and they didn't find anything. I remember because freep threw a shitfit

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Avenging_Mikon posted:

There was an investigation though? Headed by republicans, and they didn't find anything. I remember because freep threw a shitfit

They just push the goalposts every time. Benghazi investigation proves nothing == Clinton is a mastermind at hiding the truth. Email scandal is marginal, at best == Clinton is a mastermind at hiding the truth.

If politicians were a quarter as devious and Machiavellian as their opponents want you to believe, we would have, at some point, had an actual real-life Supervillian as president.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

AlbieQuirky posted:

But there are four nurses in the illustration?

Just be glad Dad told the joke the right way this time.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

robotsinmyhead posted:

They just push the goalposts every time. Benghazi investigation proves nothing == Clinton is a mastermind at hiding the truth. Email scandal is marginal, at best == Clinton is a mastermind at hiding the truth.

If politicians were a quarter as devious and Machiavellian as their opponents want you to believe, we would have, at some point, had an actual real-life Supervillian as president.

Have you heard the song reagen by killer mike? :smug:

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Desert is right.
Nothing worse than people making impulsive decisions re: pet ownership.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
We let our kid hit and pull the hair of our dog and he gets aggressive but doesn't actually do anything and I can't be bothered to watch my stupid child.

The commuter train here is allowing caged pets on the train every day. The cat or dog has to be in a full enclosed carrier and must sit on the rider's lap.

I like to think that Kimberlee just takes this tone with every small inconvenience in her life.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Eponine posted:

We let our kid hit and pull the hair of our dog and he gets aggressive but doesn't actually do anything and I can't be bothered to watch my stupid child.

The commuter train here is allowing caged pets on the train every day. The cat or dog has to be in a full enclosed carrier and must sit on the rider's lap.

I like to think that Kimberlee just takes this tone with every small inconvenience in her life.

Just because pets are allowed doesn't mean everyone is going to bring their pets? Also, I love the "please think of the children" tone. Whenever I'm on public transit with an animal, I'm watching my pet 100% of the time and idiots who try and stick their fingers in the bars are gettin' a paddlin' before my pet has a chance to bite them.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

haha, cute :) obvious parody, right? let's go to the comments:

...oh

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Goddammit. I so want to drive out to Puyallup and help this adorable pup, but my apartment doesn't allow dogs. :(

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

cash crab posted:

Just because pets are allowed doesn't mean everyone is going to bring their pets? Also, I love the "please think of the children" tone. Whenever I'm on public transit with an animal, I'm watching my pet 100% of the time and idiots who try and stick their fingers in the bars are gettin' a paddlin' before my pet has a chance to bite them.

They've been allowed on during weekends for a few months, when there are more kids on the trains anyways. The other thing that people were whining about was their severe allergies (that somehow are managed around people who have cat/dog hair on their clothing).

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

robotsinmyhead posted:

Eh, I kind of neutral on the issue of the classified documents. Nothing sent to her was Earth-shatteringly important. I'm more concerned with her reasons for doing it in the first place. Best explanation I've heard is that she wanted to avoid Freedom of Information Act access. You'd think her opponents would play that up since it makes her look really sketchy, especially to her Democratic base. But alas, we're stuck with Clinton Lied Ambassador Died.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This is art.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
I don't trust Blue-Skinned Cyber-Hillary, that's for sure! :v:

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

People know it's true, yet it's easier to ignore it and push the responsibility onto someone else. It's like when people here in the UK complain about the stuff our Conservatism government is doing, I say, why don't you do something about it? The response is usually an excuse as to why they can't. Unless people are willing to collectively take responsibility for running their country, the people you pay to do it will always serve their own interests.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

so according to liberal logic, which basically re-labels and redefines everything, "going on a crime spree by taking drugs and then hitting someone, shooting someone, assaulting and raping someone and then robbing a bank" would be "going on an undocumented afternoon outing, giving someone undocumented contact, discharging an undocumented weapon close to someone, engaging in undocumented physical contact, and then making an undocumented withdrawal"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

haha, cute :) obvious parody, right? let's go to the comments:

...oh

I guess it's an obvious parody (and not a particularly funny one) if you've seen the original image. If not, it looks just as dumb.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

EL BROMANCE posted:

I guess it's an obvious parody (and not a particularly funny one) if you've seen the original image. If not, it looks just as dumb.

Most of the top-rated comments were explaining the joke, but yeah that's a good point v:shobon:v

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Jan 16, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Goddammit. I so want to drive out to Puyallup and help this adorable pup, but my apartment doesn't allow dogs. :(

If I had a fence up for him so he'd have running room, and if I wasn't a broke-rear end person I'd do it. $300!!! I hope her kid turns into a total poo poo and causes her no end of grief.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think you guys might be overreacting to that dog thing. They're obviously dumb and asking too much money to fix their mistake but it's not like they're abusing him or just dumping him off at a shelter or anything, seems like they're at least taking steps to find him a decent new home

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think you guys might be overreacting to that dog thing. They're obviously dumb and asking too much money to fix their mistake but it's not like they're abusing him or just dumping him off at a shelter or anything, seems like they're at least taking steps to find him a decent new home

Uh yeah because they don't want to lose $300. I'm sure if the dog had been free they would have just dropped it at a shelter.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So this just happened

‎A guy whose name i'll keep anonymous while posting in a joke facebook page that's basically PYF Seinfeld thing posted:

‎XXXXXXXX to SEINFELD OBSESSED
19 mins · Berkeley, WV, United States ·
Pardon my sudden outburst and little bit of profanity here, but why the hell do people keep posting about other shows? I mean what is that poo poo? I love this group, it is the best I have ever been a part of, I am a die hard Seinfeld fan, greatest show of all time and my favorite by a long shot, to some of us Seinfeld is a way of every day life, the references, the things that happen, etc. To mention a few names are myself, Tim Whatley, Festivus Costanza, Ben Bulot, Debby Bernstein, Callie Stetler, Lilly Lillova, etc. The list goes on. I find myself being more involved in SO on FB than my regular FB life with people close to me so to everyone posting about other shows....quit that poo poo.....we don't want talk to you, nobody in this group wants to talk to you so why don't you step off and just drop dead, except Nana.

mad about not-Seinfeld.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Nana must have made quite an impression.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
When an awkward 3rd wheel jumps in on a couple's meme.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Uh yeah because they don't want to lose $300. I'm sure if the dog had been free they would have just dropped it at a shelter.

Pretty much sure it's this.

Also it's a bit upsetting they're raising a kid if they're stupid enough to not understand the behavior of a baby animal. "He doesn't hurt my kid, but he bounces around a lot and my kid can see his teeth."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Chomp8645 posted:

Nana must have made quite an impression.
Turns out it wasn't really his Nana anyway, it was the high-talker.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Scathach posted:

Pretty much sure it's this.

Also it's a bit upsetting they're raising a kid if they're stupid enough to not understand the behavior of a baby animal. "He doesn't hurt my kid, but he bounces around a lot and my kid can see his teeth."

Should have gotten a maremma sheep dog.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Aesop Poprock posted:

While I agree that people tend to infer a lot from rehoming situations (i.e.: "Oh, the kids, huh? Maybe your kid is lovely") but honestly, "dumping" an animal at a shelter would be worlds better than trying to pawn them off onto Craigslist or Kijiji. A lot of people are not necessarily aware of this, but a lot of people get animals from sites like that because they've been rejected by shelters. Couple that with the fact that people give away pets on Kijiji that sometimes have serious, albeit undisclosed medical conditions or aggression problems, and the entire venture of getting/rehoming a pet on the internet is generally bad news.

My point is I am sure some people would be equipped to screen applicants when rehoming their dog, but I feel like a person who introduced what appears to be a chocolate lab into a house with a baby might not be the brightest crayon.

e: Also, I just want to point out I don't know how shelters work in other places; here, they are pretty good, so "going to the shelter" doesn't sound too bad in my eyes.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

cash crab posted:

e: Also, I just want to point out I don't know how shelters work in other places; here, they are pretty good, so "going to the shelter" doesn't sound too bad in my eyes.

It depends on whether you go to a no kill shelter or not. But seriously, a young chocolate lab would get snapped up in a heartbeat, not just by a person looking to adopt, but also by a adoption group looking for a quick turnaround (they can also raise the adoption fee for a pure bred pup). I agree with previous posters, that they may be trying to recoup their loses; although, they probably paid a world more than $300.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

You know, I hate to defend an iosm, but it is possible for a dog to be bad with kids.

Also Benghazi is why goons are mostly Trump supporters