Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WickedHate posted:

The Question sucks. :colbert:

I've not read any Question stuff, actually, aside from that Multiversity issue. Another thing I should get around to when I have the time.

The O'Neil Question is one of the best book DC has ever published.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've heard that. The 90s and late 80s was such a loving good time for DC, drat.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

WickedHate posted:

I've not read any Question stuff, actually, aside from that Multiversity issue. Another thing I should get around to when I have the time.
The gently caress are you doing not reading 52 if you've never done that?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Nothing about 52 interests me all that much. I'm sure it's a great story I just don't really care about it.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

WickedHate posted:

Jenette Kahn was such a loving good President for DC, drat.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WickedHate posted:

Nothing about 52 interests me all that much. I'm sure it's a great story I just don't really care about it.

Why are you reading superhero comics then?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Don't be an rear end. 52 is only appealing in a very specific way. It's not like it's necessary reading if you enjoy the concept of superheroes.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Marvel should fast-track the Captain Marvel film and a Miracle Man film, just to spite-gently caress Warners out of being able to do Billy Batson without, ironically, looking derivative. Like how Thanos makes me doubt we'll get a New Gods film any time soon.

I think they've fully resigned and gone with Shazam forever, which is a crime.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hup posted:

I think they've fully resigned and gone with Shazam forever, which is a crime.

Then use some Disney money to buy Gomer Pyle and roll him into the Marvel films and comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Don't be an rear end. 52 is only appealing in a very specific way. It's not like it's necessary reading if you enjoy the concept of superheroes.

See? Required reading!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Aphrodite posted:

See? Required reading!

I'm gonna be polite and not talk about what it implies about something when both Lurdiak and WickedHate agree about it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Are you doing that thing where you act like my opinion is the opposite of whatever's true, because that's really getting old.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Heeeeey X-O, are we still on for monthly chat threads? Or do we have to spend the next two weeks pleading the case for them?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Are you doing that thing where you act like my opinion is the opposite of whatever's true, because that's really getting old.

It really is and maybe you should stop.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

I like your opinions. We should start a club.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

You say that now but when the aglet menace rises you will wish you heeded the Question's warnings.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

It really is and maybe you should stop.

I hope you lose your comic collection to faulty wiring.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

You say that now but when the aglet menace rises you will wish you heeded the Question's warnings.

I want to hate that version of the Question for nearly erasing the O'Neil version in favour of a Rorschach ripoff with less murder, but Jeff Combs is so good.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair posted:

Thirty-two flavours!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gaz-L posted:

I want to hate that version of the Question for nearly erasing the O'Neil version in favour of a Rorschach ripoff with less murder, but Jeff Combs is so good.

Oh man, he was played by Weyoun? I didn't know that, I like JLU Question even better now.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

boom boom boom posted:

I'm gonna be polite and not talk about what it implies about something when both Lurdiak and WickedHate agree about it

If it helps at all, you're wrong and dumb.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Everybody's wrong. Especially Cyclops

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Travis343 posted:

Everybody's wrong. Especially Cyclops

seriously, gently caress cyclops

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Man, the Daily Mail can't help not sucking.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

WickedHate posted:

I like your opinions. We should start a club.

Throw in what's his face with the Hillary Clinton avatar, and you can be our own little Trinity of Sin. You can be the Question!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Have you guys ever considered that it's your tastes that are dog poo poo?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

no, no, I'm pretty on point

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Either Charlesthehammer (with the Hilz av) has been making a concerted effort to be more pleasant, or everything* has just been coming up sunshine by coincidence. Either way, I want to say :thumbsup: to CtH for being swell in the new year.

e:

Lurdiak posted:

Yes.

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 16, 2016

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

The only mandatory comics opinion is that Cyclops was Right. Please correct your thinking to account for this truth.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm a Cyclops fictionkin so that means I'm always right.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
My main exposure to Cyclops is from the 90's cartoon and I refused to believe that someone that whiny and whitebread could be right about anything.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

My main exposure to Cyclops is from the 90's cartoon and I refused to believe that someone that whiny and whitebread could be right about anything.

Aren't you some sort of Canadian, though? :ironicat:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Squizzle posted:

Us Canucks stick up for one another.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Squizzle posted:

You just found the second wrong opinion. :canada:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Squizzle posted:

In the X-Men world Canadians are immortal lumberjack samurai who drive motorcycles and brood in a sexy way before sleeping with chicks the night before they're murdered.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Squizzle posted:

Either Charlesthehammer (with the Hilz av) has been making a concerted effort to be more pleasant, or everything* has just been coming up sunshine by coincidence. Either way, I want to say :thumbsup: to CtH for being swell in the new year.

e:

Yes.

I am trying not to be a dick but it's hard

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I am trying not to be a dick but it's hard

The effort shows, and I want you to know that we appreciate it. You have a p. rad sense of humor when you let it show through. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DrProsek posted:

The only mandatory comics opinion is that Cyclops was Right. Please correct your thinking to account for this truth.

the best part of X-Men 3 was when Cyclops died and NOBODY in the movie gave a poo poo, it was amazing

• Locked thread