Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

It was a worthy tangent 4thletter-style IMHO.

edit for content:

Pacra fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Man, Latveria must have had some really crazy laws when Doom went through a mid-life crisis.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

Hey, if you're not posting a funny panel or reacting to a funny panel you're posting in this thread incorrectly. Keep the derails out. Especially about wrestling which has no place here.

This in particular

is not a funny a panel. It's a totally unrelated edited picture. Don't post things like this.

So where does it go, hermanos.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

So where does it go, hermanos.

The wrestling forum.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

X-O, to apologize for derailing most threads I post in, I offer these comedic panels:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's the red flecks on Batman's face that sell this, like it took some trial and error to figure out.

quote:

Don't say it like it makes you special sister. :flashfap:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

It's the red flecks on Batman's face that sell this, like it took some trial and error to figure out.

I too rub things on my face and, at times, chest to figure out if they're elements of domestic labor.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You're ragging on me for being dense, when I'm complimenting how a printing error enhances an already silly scene. There's a little irony there.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I was mostly trying to say something silly, and put my foot in my mouth.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Thors #1

Context below:

Because when you think about it, a lab is the perfect place to find Frog Thor. If you don't find a frog in a lab coat funny, well your loss.

Thors #1 is basically early Powers before it got weird. Or more favourably, Top 10. It's one of my top comics from Secret Wars based on one issue alone (the others being Runaways, X-men '92, Ghost Racers, Civil War and Weirdworld).

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Milotic posted:

Runaways

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Could this be the end of Squizzle's funny panels posting career...?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Related

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alaois posted:

i'm still fairly sure they don't make toys of her for kids today. i think the only ones of her are the super crazy several hundred dollar "adult collectible" type poo poo

Do tiny Kreo Not Lego figures count? I grabbed a couple "random Not Lego Guy" bags on a whim and I got Pickup Truck Guy Hoist, and Arcee.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ah I see

(Titans Hunt #3)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

(The Rover, c. 1928.)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Beano, probably from the mid-1940s.

They subsequently featured strips starring a character called:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

(The Rover, c. 1928.)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

The Beano, probably from the mid-1940s.

They subsequently featured strips starring a character called:

DC Thomson sure do love Dick.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Good ol' Dick Comics Thompson. :cheers:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

X-O posted:

The wrestling forum.

no don't

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Squizzle posted:

Good ol' Dick Comics Thompson. :cheers:

their "policy of giving no credit" - i.e. eternal campaign against giving authors or artists credit (even to the extent of searching for and removing signatures/initials artists snuck in) is p dickish; also their spat with Viz in the '90s* that led to this:

I find this funny because of how unfunny it is - ymmv.

[h/t to best chum for info on both these bits of DC Thomson history]
* Link has an SSL error but I can't find an alternate.

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 17, 2016

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Tough luck, you're stuck with me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I find this funny because of how unfunny it is - ymmv.

Ahh, this is the kind of stuff The Dover Boys was making fun of.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batgirl #46

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Punctuation will be the death of us all

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

WickedHate posted:

The idea is that they don't and Arcee was tortured into being a girl as an experiment but like everything else in IDW Transformers it's a total misfire. The writer who introduced her in that canon was really bitter about there being girlbots so he came up with the worst possible explanation.

Holy gently caress. I'll just stick to watching Prime on Netflix. That series was as 'adult' as Transformers ever needs to be.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

dragon_pamcake posted:

Holy gently caress. I'll just stick to watching Prime on Netflix. That series was as 'adult' as Transformers ever needs to be.

THankfully it looks like James Robinson has pretty much dropped that and now she's just a murdering rear end in a top hat robot instead of Token Girl Robot.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Drax #1

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

And to think Hawkeye and Agent Venom had trouble getting along.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Ahh, this is the kind of stuff The Dover Boys was making fun of.

Not quite - "The Dover Boys" was inspired by The Rover Boys, while that strip from The Dandy was part of a then-60-year-long series of DC Thomson weekly comics :)

The Rover Boys is a classic series in the running-jumping-climbing-trees American school story mould. I don't think you can directly compare those school stories with the grand trad of British boarding school stories and weekly comics like The Beano and The Dandy but there's definitely common themes.

Anyway here's superman being a dick.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This is my single favourite Superdickery image. I think it's because of Aquaman.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Aquaman dried out quickly back in the Silver Age, right? So either Superman kidnapped Jimmy a long time before or Aquaman is dying while Jimmy is just a little parched.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

And speaking of Aquaman

Not entirely sure of the source, but all the blatant Subway ads make me assume their name is in the title.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 12, 2019

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

The Justice League teamed up with Subway but clearly they didn't dig to deep into their new partner's backgrounds.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

SilverSupernova posted:

And speaking of Aquaman

Not entirely sure of the source, but all the blatant Subway ads make me assume their name is in the title.

Is the guy holding the sandwich supposed to be Michael Strahan?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

This is easily the best thing you've ever posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib

Wheat Loaf posted:

This is my single favourite Superdickery image. I think it's because of Aquaman.

I have this comic and I have a scanner.