Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Khako posted:

Oh no, it's Archeage all over again.

*artistically stages a viola on a chair in his bedroom*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I got founders pack :negative:

only because i can afford to play on the weekends and rather not wait until monday :/

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
So has an NA guild formed on Mushin yet? These public channels are slowly driving me insane.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

I got founders pack :negative:

only because i can afford to play on the weekends and rather not wait until monday :/

We can bs in slack to avoid shooting ourselves in the head due to waiting in infinite queues.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Bombogenesis posted:

So has an NA guild formed on Mushin yet? These public channels are slowly driving me insane.

If there's enough NA goons on I could make the goon guild and pass it onto whoever wants to be guild leader later on. I'm already past Jadestone so I can just warp back to talk to the clan NPC if needed to.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol at playing a game on launch day

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
We've had the goon guild up for a while.

Once you've picked the red faction send a tell to Quiz for an invite.

spidergoats
May 20, 2001
Oiled Up and Ready to Queue

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Hope it's all cleared up for general release on the 19th.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

spidergoats posted:

Oiled Up and Ready to Queue

I'm on hour 6 :negative:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So it's sounding like if you just want to oil up and fart around for a bit, better to do it on a peasant server?

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
They've announced no character transfers, but I'm still going to be playing on Old Man Cho until these queues clear up. It would be nice to not pick the absurdly overpopulated server for once, especially in a game that server choice really doesn't matter. There isn't RvR or any sort of advantage to being on the highest pop server. If nothing else it's probably a disadvantage with higher ping and more full channels.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Everyman posted:

We've had the goon guild up for a while.

Once you've picked the red faction send a tell to Quiz for an invite.

Got in, thanks.

Neith
Feb 16, 2013

Windchilla posted:

They've announced no character transfers, but I'm still going to be playing on Old Man Cho until these queues clear up. It would be nice to not pick the absurdly overpopulated server for once, especially in a game that server choice really doesn't matter. There isn't RvR or any sort of advantage to being on the highest pop server. If nothing else it's probably a disadvantage with higher ping and more full channels.

I am waiting until the 19th, but if you are still on Old Man Cho, I will more than likely go that direction too. Not really into waiting on a queues.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Windchilla posted:

They've announced no character transfers, but I'm still going to be playing on Old Man Cho until these queues clear up. ...

I'm joining Old Man Cho, for now, too. In-game: AllNatural

I'm not waiting in queue for 3 hours.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

IRSmurf posted:

I'm joining Old Man Cho, for now, too. In-game: AllNatural

I'm not waiting in queue for 3 hours.

Same. See you guys there.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a lvl 18 blademastwr so far

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Isn't the queue only 20 minutes long? Bailing on the best server because of a short wait once a night seems stupid.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

fadam posted:

Isn't the queue only 20 minutes long? Bailing on the best server because of a short wait once a night seems stupid.

It's not 20 minutes for non-premium people.

Aww poo poo I just but a little pack that got me premium! gently caress!

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I've been waiting well over an hour with premium.

Oh, and the wait time keeps going up.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
I feel like I got trolled just now, finally waited until the queue time dropped to 3 minutes left, and then the game decided to exit itself for some reason. When I ran the launcher again we're now apparently on Update 7? (it downloaded a 58mb file)

Now I'm back to 50 minutes remaining with 1930 premium members waiting. I think I'll just start downloading Dark Arisen at the same time this time.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
client link for people like me who get frustrated at easy things

http://download.bladeandsoul.com/BnS_Lite_Installer.exe

sinewave fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 16, 2016

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

FYI: Founder's Pack weapon skin and consumables can only be redeemed on ONE character

quote:

Question
Are the costumes, accessory, and weapon skin in the Master Founder’s Pack available for all characters I create on my account?

Answer
You can redeem your Founder’s Packs benefits only once, but all items included in the Founder’s Packs can be shared between all your characters on the same account. Note that in the case of the Weapon Skin and consumable items , these can only be used once so choose wisely which character to use them on.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Made a new character on the Old Man Cho server because I can see Mushin being a bad loving idea once the F2P people rock up.

New character name: Oiled Up :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

IRSmurf posted:

FYI: Founder's Pack weapon skin and consumables can only be redeemed on ONE character
Wow, that's a little cheap of them.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pierson posted:

Chinagame.exe

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Chinagame.exe

koreagame*

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Inzombiac posted:

It's not 20 minutes for non-premium people.

Aww poo poo I just but a little pack that got me premium! gently caress!

Disconnected. Premium wait time is now 65 minutes with a queue of 1930. They *really* should have reduced the number of servers and just double/tripled server capacity. People not in the headstart should avoid Mushin like the plague because I can only imagine what this is going to be on actual launch.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

made a KFM on Old Man Cho.

name is PUNCH HARD

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Finally in. Over two hours with premium.

I'm not sure I like this server choice.

e: and not 15 min later it froze to black screen during cutscene... back in queue now, joy.

I remember this being a problem in beta, but with hours long queues it's loving stupid. Do not skip cutscenes.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 16, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pierson posted:

Cash shop items can't even be sent to other characters on the account. GW2 at least got that right with its wardrobe.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
So much queue. 1 hour estimate. At least my character is made though.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
I'm plugging away on Cho, once I hit town I'll get a guild started and get invites out. This isn't a splinter guild or anything, just something for folks to chat in until a main server is settled on or Mushin becomes accessible without all this queue nonsense.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Sticking with Mushin seems like a good idea imo. Once the initial rush dies down there will still be plenty of people around.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
Should we official server switch or what? This is a common problem every game launch with goons I just kind of feel like even being on the 2nd most popular server wouldn't be that bad. When you queue for PvP is it a multiserver queue?

edit: hour queue times as premium is cuh - raaaazzy.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Assuming everyone isn't fed the gently caress up already and their interest doesn't wane quickly.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
How's the population on Old Man Cho?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

teknologik posted:

Should we official server switch or what? This is a common problem every game launch with goons I just kind of feel like even being on the 2nd most popular server wouldn't be that bad. When you queue for PvP is it a multiserver queue?

edit: hour queue times as premium is cuh - raaaazzy.

Okay let's be real here. Wildstar.

That said we have no way of knowing how server population will go, and when I was dc'd something like 25 goons were on Mushin. I personally wouldn't mind rolling something on a different server because lol gently caress these queue times but still we know how these things shape up. Unless NCSoft has made any kind of comment on these population issues saying they're going to increase server cap or something. This would still be awful though as the spawn rate/points of several mobs is horrid, combined with no shared-tagging of mobs.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Wildstar was a bad game though.

These queue times will be crippling for anyone wanting to play. Old Man Cho has no queue it seems, and looks fairly busy.

You can get to the level cap in a loving weekend or two if you really had a mind to. Is there some crazy punishing bullshit like Wildstar attunement here that drags people to stay? I hadn't seen any yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Psh like this 60 I mean 70 I mean 80 I mean 90 I mean 85 I mean 92 I mean 85 again minute queue is all that awful :shepface:

As I mentioned, people not in headstart will want to strongly avoid Mushin for the time being. If headstart packs are still going out this is only going to get worse over the weekend and who knows what will happen at official launch.

• Locked thread