Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'd love some high speed robot action again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

I think its been really interesting to watch Chip and Ironicus LP something they don't really enjoy. For one, its been a good look at the things that can either cause a game to pull together into a good and entertaining product or fall apart into nonsense. Two, they are suffering so I don't have to. And finally, I do think that some of the most hilarious moments from any of their LPs are in this game, since Chip has been forced to be super creative to make it interesting. Like, the game might be bad, but the LP has been so great.

Not saying I want all their LPs to be like that, because LPs are usually better when there's some love and enthusiasm behind it. But its been a fun as hell ride.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Ok wait I have a problem with this dumb plot.
Aiden mentions that putting Skeletor out of everyone's misery would be satisfying, but come back to bite him in the rear end.
But apparently not doing so led to that exact rear end biting happening.
Why again did he not just lightly tap him with the car and powderize his skeleton at their first meeting?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Bellweather thing is totally a thing that was more major but got written out of one of the versions of the script.
Like that other guy said they drop a few hints here and there (In Damien's room there's WHAT IS BELLWEATHER in it) but it means nothing in the story. So Rose's (The lead dev) stuff got jammed into the audio logs that more an likely got added to the game (Each collectable has 1/2 sets of audio logs) during that last-minute delay period and they recovered lost bits and pieces from old scripts.
Rose Washington in the video feels like a re-used asset they had lying around because why would a lead programmer of Mind-Control Software stick around? It really could of been any random person that the major killed and it's still the same.

FinalGamer posted:

This would have made a good Criminal Minds episode if Aiden was the unsub of the week.
Oh gawd he really loving would.
The trauma from losing a kid and the start of his 'Revenge' motivation.
The barely coherent logic connection between his victims.
He thinks he's doing some kind of good.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 14, 2016

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

LacklusterMan posted:

Aiden mentions that putting Skeletor out of everyone's misery would be satisfying, but come back to bite him in the rear end.
But apparently not doing so led to that exact rear end biting happening.
Why again did he not just lightly tap him with the car and powderize his skeleton at their first meeting?
In a stunning twist of not being an rear end in a top hat, he decided to not ruin the livelihood of his sniper buddy, by pretending to be his one-time asset of a getaway driver for the Chicago mob.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Watch Dogs 2 need duel phone wielding and texting gloves

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The sequel will contain a full copy of Neko Atsume and you'll have to check it every once in a while.

Watch_Dogs 2: Watch_Cats

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Croccers posted:

Oh gawd he really loving would.
The trauma from losing a kid and the start of his 'Revenge' motivation.
The barely coherent logic connection between his victims.
He thinks he's doing some kind of good.
I mean that's basically fifteen episodes you just described right there isn't it?

(not that I don't like Criminal Minds I mean I legit love that show, just that serial killers are becoming pretty blasé in fictional tv land yanno?)

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

LacklusterMan posted:

Just one?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

The sequel will contain a full copy of Neko Atsume and you'll have to check it every once in a while.

Watch_Cats is just a YouTube app.

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
The in-universe scientists for this game are called Watch_Rats.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Watch_Horsez 2

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Watch_Ducks 2

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Waffleman_ posted:

Watch_Dogs_2_+_Cats

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Rockopolis posted:

Watch_Ducks 2

Duck Dynasty Gear 2: Si's Revenge

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
John Luke, I need scissors 61!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Watch_Dogs 2 and Knuckles (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Watch_Dogs Tooie, where Bear & Bird travel the city of Gruntopolis with their special Mumbo Gizmo.

e: the gizmo is a watch that's also a dog!

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

kalonZombie posted:

Watch_Dogs 2 and Knuckles (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series)

And to play it you need to stack 2 CDs on top of eachother into your disk reader.

Truly the future solution to DRM.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Watch_Dogs Tooie, where Bear & Bird travel the city of Gruntopolis with their special Mumbo Gizmo.

e: the gizmo is a watch that's also a dog!

I don't know about you, but I'd play it.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
With their games referencing the company's hijinks, I wonder if Watch_Dogs 2 will reference the hostile takeover attempt of Ubisoft and Gameloft by Vivendi. Probably not since it looks like Vivendi might actually pull it off, kick out the Super Guillemot Bros., and layoff half the company's employees.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Is Beyond Good and Evil 2 offically vapourwave now? I'm wondering how much of Watch_Dogs budget could have been spent on that instead, rather than manufacturing Aiden's iconic cap (tm) and jacket.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

OldMemes posted:

Is Beyond Good and Evil 2 offically vapourwave now? I'm wondering how much of Watch_Dogs budget could have been spent on that instead, rather than manufacturing Aiden's iconic cap (tm) and jacket.

If Shenmue can get a third game we should be able to get a drat Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Also Dark Cloud 3

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
There were some rumors that Ubisoft was playtesting BG&E2 last summer, but I don't believe it!! Michel Ancel has his own indie studio where he's working on WiLD, but he's also recently said that he's spending half of his time working on some secret thing for Ubisoft. I would love for this to be BG&E2 but it'll probably end up being a Rayman game for mobile or something.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The biggest problem with BG&E 2 is that it has to have a AAA budget. You can't do it justice in a budget game so it would have to be a AAA Ubisoft game.

So yeah...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would accept Watch_Dogs 2 if it pulled a Blood Dragon and went full Blade Runner/Shadowrun pink mohawk 80s cyberpunk.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Waffleman_ posted:

I would accept Watch_Dogs 2 if it pulled a Blood Dragon and went full Blade Runner/Shadowrun pink mohawk 80s cyberpunk.

Actually hell yes this is exactly how this series should go

Spider-Tank lives

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Danaru posted:

Actually hell yes this is exactly how this series should go

Spider-Tank lives

Objective: Hack the Gibson

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Just a heads up, the January 2016 Chipod Ironicast recording is tomorrow at 8:30pm GMT (3:30 eastern, 12:20 pacific). This month the live audience will be public and open to all, so I hope you can all join us. It's a youtube stream, so I don't have a url just yet, but I'll be sure to share one as soon as it exists (on many sites and social media platforms).

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Waffleman_ posted:

I had a similar idea, except going full bore with hacking being applied to even more stuff that shouldn't be hackable. Use the cell phone to set things on fire, force push things. Fly by holding onto the cell phone as it pulls you into the air like Thor's hammer.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

General Ironicus posted:

Just a heads up, the January 2016 Chipod Ironicast recording is tomorrow at 8:30pm GMT (3:30 eastern, 12:20 pacific). This month the live audience will be public and open to all, so I hope you can all join us. It's a youtube stream, so I don't have a url just yet, but I'll be sure to share one as soon as it exists (on many sites and social media platforms).

Shame I'm going to be working then, will probably miss it entirely. Also that the podcast starts 10 minutes earlier for Pacific than it does for Eastern. Chip testing some region based time delay technology, eh?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Beyond Good and Evil had a way cooler uncle.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

OldMemes posted:

You might be mistaking vaporwave for vaporwave but man that would be entertaining.

e: son of a bitch I meant to type "vaporware" save yourself it's too late for me

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 16, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Hostile V posted:

You might be mistaking vaporwave for vaporwave but man that would be entertaining.

So, what's the difference between vaporwave and vaporwave? I need my mental image of a sick stylin' smoke surfer to be as accurate as possible.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

So it is just impossible to type vaporwa e in this thread?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Garrand posted:

So it is just impossible to type vaporwa_e in this thread?

There, you've got your Watch_Dogs 2 subtitle. Throw in something about censorship and forbidden words stolen from Metal Gear Solid 2, and you've got the plot too!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Garrand posted:

So it is just impossible to type vaporwa e in this thread?
Vaporware

Let's see if that works?

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Octatonic posted:

There, you've got your Watch_Dogs 2 subtitle. Throw in something about censorship and forbidden words stolen from Metal Gear Solid 2, and you've got the plot too!

In which you can get stat boosting vapes to go with your magical iphone.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
As Ironicus mentioned, we're going to be streaming January's edition of Chipod Ironicast tomorrow, the 16th, at 3:30 PM eastern, 12:30 pacific. We'll be streaming over here on YouTube!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Sunning posted:

With their games referencing the company's hijinks, I wonder if Watch_Dogs 2 will reference the hostile takeover attempt of Ubisoft and Gameloft by Vivendi. Probably not since it looks like Vivendi might actually pull it off, kick out the Super Guillemot Bros., and layoff half the company's employees.

Doubtful. They were never willing or able to dethrone Kotick from Activision, even when his investment group was holding their shares hostage. I honesty don't understand their investment strategy. They are a huge conglomerate who has a ton of holdings that will keep them profitable in perpetuity outside of the media sphere. But they keep trying to buy their way into the digital media industry by acquiring things that the audience is losing interest in, and then eventually re-selling them when they've lost enough of their investment to cause a shakeup in the management. They bought MP3.COM in 2001, then sold it two years later when they realized nobody actually liked or used it anymore. They bought Winamp last month. Dailymotion seven months ago. Two more franchises that people have long since moved away from.

And to cover their losses, they've sold the only things in that sphere which might have benefited them if they were competent at managing them. Universal, and Activision/Blizzard.

Even if they do eventually get a controlling stake in Ubisoft and Michael's mobile games company that he keeps on the side, they'll just gently caress it up and wind up selling it back to them at a loss in seven years, in order to cover whatever other bad investments they chose to make during that timeframe.

They seem primarily interested in having 'a presence', but they don't know what to do with it once they have it.

• Locked thread