Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Found a new pretty drat slick Finnish band, gotta plug my countrymen here. It's more straight up insanely well-made, hyperactive electro than industrial but I'm 100 % many here would get a kick out of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zIyIAfelTU
:monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
So yup finally saw Das Ich last night. One of my favourite artists of all time and the first time I've seen them.

The show was amazing, every track was a hit and they even played some really old stuff which I was suuuper happy about. Some technical hiccups here and there but it meant we got some hilarious germanglish stand up.

I was pretty close to the front, ended up screaming "Gott es Tod!" at the top of my lungs into Stefans face. I eventually hugged him.

Later Bruno was mooching about and I fangirled all over him and got a picture with him.

Actually doesn't really get better than that. A++ would have my night again.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Found a new pretty drat slick Finnish band, gotta plug my countrymen here. It's more straight up insanely well-made, hyperactive electro than industrial but I'm 100 % sure many here would get a kick out of them.

BLASTROMEN

drat, these guys appear to be awesome! Well okay, not -quite- as awesome as Xenturion Prime but very much pushing the same buttons.

Edit: the upcoming Mlada Fronta album appears to have gone all retrowave and I'm not objecting because Mlada Fronta rule and retrowave rules too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg6wmMoREck

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 13, 2016

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf6cib78azY

You guys might dig these guys. I'm not crazy about their second album, though.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Danger - Octopus! posted:

drat, these guys appear to be awesome! Well okay, not -quite- as awesome as Xenturion Prime but very much pushing the same buttons.

Checking out Xenturion Prime now and the instrumental side sounds really great but jesus christ those vocals are embarrassing.

edit: The vocals remind me of awful emo bands, I guess?

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 14, 2016

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Checking out Xenturion Prime now and the instrumental side sounds really great but jesus christ those vocals are embarrassing.

Haha, I like the vocals precisely because they don't sound like every other industrial band but different strokes etc

somethingwicked
May 5, 2006

Hai!
I fought against his vocals when he became the vocalist for Code 64, but I eventually succumbed and now I think he's great. I can't wait for a new Xenturion Prime release.

elektroboot
Nov 7, 2004

so Orgy is rolling through my town next week, and I have to admit that is some extremely nostalgic poo poo for me. are they worth seeing at all anymore?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Xenturion's Prime's vocals are amazing and I can't help but sing along. :colbert:

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Haven't heard Xenturion but an industrial band having terrible vocals? Unheard of, shocking.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I started using Spotify a bit ago and I'm glad I did because it recommended Flesh Field to me and holy poo poo, these guys were the greatest ever. SO loving GOOD. I think they're my new favorite electro-industrial band ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFaIlUlSiII

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Sloppy posted:

I started using Spotify a bit ago and I'm glad I did because it recommended Flesh Field to me and holy poo poo, these guys were the greatest ever. SO loving GOOD. I think they're my new favorite electro-industrial band ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFaIlUlSiII

Yeah, Flesh Field are loving incredible. I've never found another band that has that sound they do.

In other news, I am super excited that I'll be seeing Dead When I Found Her at Infest this summer.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Flesh Field sounds like they should have opened for Nine Inch Nails or Marilyn Manson in the 90s. I say this as a compliment because 90s NIN and Manson rocked.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Omi-Polari posted:

Flesh Field sounds like they should have opened for Nine Inch Nails or Marilyn Manson in the 90s. I say this as a compliment because 90s NIN and Manson rocked.

It's funny how certain kind of sounds date. I recently discovered a Hexedene CD in the back of my collection and it's incredibly 90s as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n-Za6qLYo4

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Yeah, Flesh Field are loving incredible. I've never found another band that has that sound they do.

In other news, I am super excited that I'll be seeing Dead When I Found Her at Infest this summer.

Well gently caress me, is this the year I visit Infest, then

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Well gently caress me, is this the year I visit Infest, then

If you do, I will drunkenly buy you a drink. This appears to be a habit I have with goons at industrial festivals.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

+1 !!!

I'm also pretty excited about Youth Code at Resistanz - I wasn't gonna go until they were announced.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Puntification posted:

+1 !!!

I'm also pretty excited about Youth Code at Resistanz - I wasn't gonna go until they were announced.

I'm still not going but am very jealous. Would love to see them but just can't justify it because Reasons.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I'm still not going but am very jealous. Would love to see them but just can't justify it because Reasons.

I'm only doing a day ticket cos the rest of the lineup are bands I don't mind not seeing again and stuff I don't care about but I'm pretty psyched.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Puntification posted:

I'm only doing a day ticket cos the rest of the lineup are bands I don't mind not seeing again and stuff I don't care about but I'm pretty psyched.

oooooh. There's no schedule on the website yet - have they said what day YC are playing? I could look into a day ticket maybe.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I saw ID:YD post this and :feelsgood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SRgfDL-z6w

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

oooooh. There's no schedule on the website yet - have they said what day YC are playing? I could look into a day ticket maybe.

there's pics on fb that suggest it's sunday.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

elektroboot posted:

so Orgy is rolling through my town next week, and I have to admit that is some extremely nostalgic poo poo for me. are they worth seeing at all anymore?

Yes. They will play a ton of poo poo off of Candyass and Vapor Transmission.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

I love this but downloading iTunes to buy the EP? Ugh but I'm in denial that that's going to happen.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Laibach. Third time I've seen them. This will own.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hedenius posted:

Waiting for Laibach. Third time I've seen them. This will own.

I'm intensely jealous because they're so close and I can't be there :argh:

Have fun dude, you better write some stuff about them here, or else!

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

I'm intensely jealous because they're so close and I can't be there :argh:

Have fun dude, you better write some stuff about them here, or else!
They are playing LAIBACHKUNSTDERFUGE at the moment.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Gonna see them in April. I guess it's the same tour, so I'm also curious to hear what they're performing!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Read a review of the Copenhagen show today and it seems like they're doing Olav Trygvason (the loving incredible Edvard Grieg thing they played on their last tours), The Sound of Music covers, a bunch of tracks from Spectre and some classics.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Trip report: the rest of the Rein EP rules and is worth your $4.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Guilt Noir, the doom jazz album by Michael Arthur Holloway (of DWIFH), is up for preorder. First track is available there now. I'm looking forward to more of this.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yay I'm going to see Seabound.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Hooray! They're great live.

I still can't get over A Grown Man ... I hate-listen to it trying to figure it out.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I think I've listened to DWIFH's All the Way Down at least twice a day for the last two weeks or so.

Growing increasingly sure The Unclean doesn't need to be on the album (even though I like the track per se) but it's just such a stellar loving album, god drat.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Armor-Piercing posted:

Guilt Noir, the doom jazz album by Michael Arthur Holloway (of DWIFH), is up for preorder. First track is available there now. I'm looking forward to more of this.

That is pretty cool. I'm always looking for more stuff like Bohren and der Club of Gore and Kilimanjara Darkjazz Ensemble. I'm kind of surprised there isn't more of it considering how popular Twin Peaks is.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm just spamming this thread with stupid poo poo at this point (sorry) but I'm reading up on news and listening to Spectre again and once again I'm reminded of just how terrifyingly prophetic Laibach can be. Eurovision is pretty chilling in light of all the recent events this and last year in Europe.

elektroboot
Nov 7, 2004

Growing increasingly sure The Unclean doesn't need to be on the album (even though I like the track per se) but it's just such a stellar loving album, god drat.

He explains his intent a little in the ID:YD interview, but I agree, it doesn't fit for me either.

I would probably have listened to the album that much too, if it didn't legit make me pretty sad.

In other news Jay Gordon and the Jay Gordon Band was a riot, it was just so perfectly trashy

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

I'm just spamming this thread with stupid poo poo at this point (sorry) but I'm reading up on news and listening to Spectre again and once again I'm reminded of just how terrifyingly prophetic Laibach can be. Eurovision is pretty chilling in light of all the recent events this and last year in Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avm9wmQbKLY

That's 2003 I think!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Oh yes. It's kind of their thing. As it happens, Now You Will Pay has found its way back into their setlists on the current tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I think they also claim to have predicted 9/11, I forgot what song it was that had something about burning towers.