Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Still one of my favourite lines in the comic. That and the "you're about to agree to get hit with a bat" on the next page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Hey, this was only one update! This thread lied to me through links! I hate when people do that.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Suaimhneas posted:

Still one of my favourite lines in the comic. That and the "you're about to agree to get hit with a bat" on the next page.

Hey. Hey Isaac. Did you know that eavesdropping is, in itself, a small act of vi-o-lence?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I miss the wacky hijinx Isaac days

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I wanna see that Sphinx again

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

:confused: I see only a single page.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

PleasingFungus posted:

Hey. Hey Isaac. Did you know that eavesdropping is, in itself, a small act of vi-o-lence?

"It is overtime at the horse hockey world cup, Johnny!!"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Dang Lucifer chill man

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lucifer looks sympathetic towards Spender in the seventh panel; it's probably the softest we've seen him be. Of course, Spender's subsequent comment causes him to flip out momentarily, before he cools off.

...Briefly. He seems possibly even more ticked in those last two panels. Man, we've seen him twist the knife in Spender before but I bet what's coming next is going to be brutal. These two do not have a healthy relationship.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-90

Alt text: I mean, no, not really.

Lucifer literally says "for heaven's sake".

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Roland Jones posted:

Lucifer looks sympathetic towards Spender in the seventh panel; it's probably the softest we've seen him be. Of course, Spender's subsequent comment causes him to flip out momentarily, before he cools off.

...Briefly. He seems possibly even more ticked in those last two panels. Man, we've seen him twist the knife in Spender before but I bet what's coming next is going to be brutal. These two do not have a healthy relationship.

I'd say it's plenty healthy, there's enough trust between them to talk things straight, problem is Spender himself is not right in the head. I'm actually quite glad Lucifer is there to give him the talk he sorely needs.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 15, 2016

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Yeah, Lucifer's behavior is pretty much that of a parent or mentor who's tried every possible tactic to gently get their kid to do what's necessary, and is finally resorting to the blunt "This is what you NEED TO DO." speech.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spender's probably waiting for that footprint burn to become a badass battle scar.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kyte posted:

I'd say it's plenty healthy, there's enough trust between them to talk things straight, problem is Spender himself is not right in the head. I'm actually quite glad Lucifer is there to give him the talk he sorely needs.

Keeshhound posted:

Yeah, Lucifer's behavior is pretty much that of a parent or mentor who's tried every possible tactic to gently get their kid to do what's necessary, and is finally resorting to the blunt "This is what you NEED TO DO." speech.

I don't 100% agree; while Lucifer does want to help, he's been rather vicious in the past, and in those last two panels, the wide-eyed look plus red text makes him look absolutely livid. I'm betting he's going to say something extremely vindictive this coming update, and not to Spender's benefit.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Blackheart posted:

Spender's probably waiting for that footprint burn to become a badass battle scar.

Naw he's just a petulant headstrong manchild and getting it seen to would mean admitting he hosed up hardcore.

You have to be proud of battle scars, otherwise you can't show them off. "Oh, this? Yeah, this is from the time I nearly got four of my students killed because I was too much of a dick to walk away from an unnecessary brawl :smug:"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Roland Jones posted:

I don't 100% agree; while Lucifer does want to help, he's been rather vicious in the past, and in those last two panels, the wide-eyed look plus red text makes him look absolutely livid. I'm betting he's going to say something extremely vindictive this coming update, and not to Spender's benefit.

Split the difference; extremely vindictive, but also what Spender needs to hear.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Is this the first we've heard that spirits feel the pain of the body they are possessing? Because while Lucifer might be about to say something vindictive to Spender, it's kinda understandable why he's pissed off.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Lucifer has also been the one pushing Spender to become a hard man making hard choices, so he's not exactly blameless as regards Spender's whole psychological deal.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Zack should really switch to a weekly update schedule.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
For the love of Christ don't start that loving poo poo again.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
zach should really switch to a monthly batch schedule :devil:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I think he should update whenever he wants on his own time and not announce release dates! :can:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I think he should wait until he's finished the entire comic :unsmigghh:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Do a daily update schedule and constantly apologize for not being on time :v:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Dude should take a break and build up an actual buffer like every other webcomic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tollymain posted:

zach should really switch to a monthly batch schedule :devil:

AnonSpore posted:

I think he should update whenever he wants on his own time and not announce release dates! :can:

Fecha posted:

I think he should wait until he's finished the entire comic :unsmigghh:

BlackPersona posted:

Do a daily update schedule and constantly apologize for not being on time :v:

Neo_Crimson posted:

Dude should take a break and build up an actual buffer like every other webcomic.

Okay, that's every point of view. Time for a new topic.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think Paranatural is good.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Personally, I disagree, and think Paranatural is cool.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

but consider this: paranatural is cool, and good

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Poison Mushroom posted:

Okay, that's every point of view. Time for a new topic.

Whoa now, we can still mine this vein. I think Paranatural should stop updating all together.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You know, we got distracted by the Lucifer-Spender relationship, but what's Spender's deal with Zarei? Why's he against working with her? I'm not sure if this was hinted at last chapter but I don't recall blatant animosity between them, at least.

Also I 100% agree with Lucifer here, Zarei seems like she would make a great asset to have, so unless Spender knows some dark secret of hers (and a legitimate one, not some minor thing) he's definitely not wise to be avoiding her help.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
spender's wrapped up in the idea that whatever's going on, he and he alone needs to solve it, and letting anybody else know will only make things worse

i mean, i'm not sure how much worse it can be than nearly getting students killed because he isn't giving people enough information but i never said he was doing the smart thing here

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Roland Jones posted:

what's Spender's deal?

he's definitely not wise

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Roland Jones posted:

You know, we got distracted by the Lucifer-Spender relationship, but what's Spender's deal with Zarei? Why's he against working with her? I'm not sure if this was hinted at last chapter but I don't recall blatant animosity between them, at least.

Also I 100% agree with Lucifer here, Zarei seems like she would make a great asset to have, so unless Spender knows some dark secret of hers (and a legitimate one, not some minor thing) he's definitely not wise to be avoiding her help.

The way I took isn't that he doesn't trust her or anything, but that it's more part of his whole ~tortured loner~ martyr Thing. Her doesn't want to get her involved in anything dangerous even though it's obviously the best course of action.

It's the same reason he keeps so many secrets from the kids. Ignoring the fact that he makes the situations they get into MORE dangerous by not just telling them things in the first place.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Zarei is his ex and it might get real awkward.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I would be extremely surprised if Spender has ever made it past the first date with anybody

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Begemot posted:

The way I took isn't that he doesn't trust her or anything, but that it's more part of his whole ~tortured loner~ martyr Thing. Her doesn't want to get her involved in anything dangerous even though it's obviously the best course of action.

It's the same reason he keeps so many secrets from the kids. Ignoring the fact that he makes the situations they get into MORE dangerous by not just telling them things in the first place.

I don't think there have been any situations yet where he had reason to believe the kids would need any of the info that he's keeping from everyone. The train thing really was just supposed to be a meet and greet, and they got separated pretty quickly.

That said, it's almost certainly that he thinks he needs to ~*~shoulder this burden alone~*~. He and Isaac are pretty much the same character, just at different ages.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Renaissance Robot posted:

I would be extremely surprised if Spender has ever made it past the first date with anybody

Spender once had a crush on Zarei, but never acted on it. He found out later on that she was interested too, but it's too late and she's moved on.

Now he can't bear to look at her as he feels the same shame as exemplified here.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mazerunner posted:

Spender once had a crush on Zarei, but never acted on it. He found out later on that she was interested too, but it's too late and she's moved on.

Now he can't bear to look at her as he feels the same shame as exemplified here.
Or here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

Zack answered this on twitter ages ago and I've been waiting all this time to see it in the comic.

https://www.twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/485853995265953793

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 17, 2016