Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Probably like all us other anti-social goons who say "no mic" when in reality it's crippling social anxiety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

So the smart rocket. What's up with this thing? I have yet to hit a single person with one.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

So the smart rocket. What's up with this thing? I have yet to hit a single person with one.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to track people like I thought it did, but it's a good kaboom to hit AT-STs with, and shoot into hallways full of punks blocking the path to a Control Point/Uplink.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Don't aim at a single person - shoot into a group. I've never had success shooting at one lonely pubbie.

It's good for that when a hero is around too.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Siets posted:

While jump pack + memecaster is certainly annoying, I've found jump pack + homing shot to be almost equally annoying. The lock-on time for that is so short that you can jump above someone's cover, lock them, and fire the missile from the sky leaving them nowhere to run to dodge it. Mark my words, if memecaster is ever nerfed it'll be the next obnoxious combo.

Probably, but at the very least it's somewhat counter able with Bodyguard and can only kill a max of one player as opposed the the bow caster's 'everyone in the general area dies'

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It will track vehicles a little bit but it doesn't track players. Don't aim at a player with it. Fire it at their feet as that will be an easier target to hit than aiming for the body.

Even better is firing it at a group of players if you can, as Kelly said.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There seems to be a problem with the report system where you can't type anything in. Would be nice so EA knows you're reporting someone for calling other players "sandniggers", and not just being frivolous.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Casimir Radon posted:

There seems to be a problem with the report system where you can't type anything in. Would be nice so EA knows you're reporting someone for calling other players "sandniggers", and not just being frivolous.

It's their way of telling you that they don't care and won't do anything anyway.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Wasn't sneaking. Stupid fat hobbits.

Chomp8645 posted:

It's their way of telling you that they don't care and won't do anything anyway.

EA.txt

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Something really has to be done about the spawn camping which, on certain maps, is perilously close to me spiking a PS4 controller. I'm the "casual gamer" audience EA targeted with this game but it's seriously unfun when some moron with a DL44 sits in the darkest spots of the map (hangars on Hoth Supremacy, I'm looking at you) and racks up 57 quadrillion kills before your squad realises what's happening.

Ideally a short window of invincibility, because spawning in a safe area on the opposite side of the map means running a marathon to get back into the action.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

You can look them up in Origin later and type something in though. Wheter or not that leads to anything is anyone's guess.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
good to know that my predictions were true.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It's frustrating as gently caress because as a new player I'm put up against pretty much all level 40-50 players with gear I can only dream of getting so I end up with 3 kills and 24 deaths per match.

So yeah it's a loving riot spend tons of money on this awesome game

You can grenade spam your way to a 1 k-d on most 40 player maps. Thermal grenade uplinks, capture points, over walls, round corners, whatever, chances are you'll get a kill or more half the time. Also, pick up the powerups. Run to them. Thermal imploder = kill, usually double etc. Smart rocket = kill. Infantry turret = kill or more usually.

Just gotta get smart if your blaster game is weak.

Hello Spaceman posted:

Something really has to be done about the spawn camping which, on certain maps, is perilously close to me spiking a PS4 controller. I'm the "casual gamer" audience EA targeted with this game but it's seriously unfun when some moron with a DL44 sits in the darkest spots of the map (hangars on Hoth Supremacy, I'm looking at you) and racks up 57 quadrillion kills before your squad realises what's happening.

Ideally a short window of invincibility, because spawning in a safe area on the opposite side of the map means running a marathon to get back into the action.

I guarantee he is either scan pulsing, in which case you can easily off him by doing the same, or he's actually using the radar. Indoors the radar is a giant "there's a guy coming down that corridor... Now he's nearer.... and he'll come round the corner.... NOW" and is basically a maphack. Given that indoor firefights happen at 2m distance, and he's 95% chance wielding a DL-44 or SE-14c, weapons that are meant to be used at very close range...

Basically what I'm saying is - can't beat them join them. Jumpcasting is boring as gently caress but hey, it puts you top of the scoreboard and makes you feel fuzzy inside.

MorsAnima fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 16, 2016

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yesterday was one of the rare days when everything clicked for me.
8 rounds WA 6 wins 2 losses. Great fun very close rounds. And I went on a mad rampage with th AT ST completely annihilating rebel at on Jakku in phase 3 to the point where half their team came at me.

Good times.

Pro tip: for Jakku your first hand should be x + personal shield + Jetpack and your second hand Pulse rifle + x + ion torpedo

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

MorsAnima posted:

You can grenade spam your way to a 1 k-d on most 40 player maps. Thermal grenade uplinks, capture points, over walls, round corners, whatever, chances are you'll get a kill or more half the time. Also, pick up the powerups. Run to them. Thermal imploder = kill, usually double etc. Smart rocket = kill. Infantry turret = kill or more usually.

Just gotta get smart if your blaster game is weak.

I guarantee he is either scan pulsing, in which case you can easily off him by doing the same, or he's actually using the radar. Indoors the radar is a giant "there's a guy coming down that corridor... Now he's nearer.... and he'll come round the corner.... NOW" and is basically a maphack. Given that indoor firefights happen at 2m distance, and he's 95% chance wielding a DL-44 or SE-14c, weapons that are meant to be used at very close range...

Basically what I'm saying is - can't beat them join them. Jumpcasting is boring as gently caress but hey, it puts you top of the scoreboard and makes you feel fuzzy inside.

This specific incident was not a case of him using the game's tools, but rather its weaknesses. He was camped in the corner of a hanger and shooting people in the back as they spawned. The third time I died within 5 seconds of spawning I just quit.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Hello Spaceman posted:

This specific incident was not a case of him using the game's tools, but rather its weaknesses. He was camped in the corner of a hanger and shooting people in the back as they spawned. The third time I died within 5 seconds of spawning I just quit.

Oh, in that case gently caress DICE. Spawn points are entirely retarded on Hoth as it is.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Contacted customer support regarding not being able to get past the launch screen.
Despite me having 20+ hours in SW:BF, the customer rep decided that my computer could no longer run it, and refunded me the full $56 price. Guess I dodged a bullet.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Is it gone from your library? With BF4 they did that and then people who had gotten refunded ended up still having the game and were able to play after a patch some weeks later in some cases.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Hopper posted:

Is it gone from your library? With BF4 they did that and then people who had gotten refunded ended up still having the game and were able to play after a patch some weeks later in some cases.

Yeah. All gone.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
As of this morning I can def agree this game needs a server browser or it is DOA because DICE

which is annoying because a) lots of fun and b) Overwatch isn't probably coming until like June because Blizzard and c) nobody's making TF3 because Gaben

Booo

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not really sure where all this "game is deaddd :byodood:" chat is coming from. As a PC player, even with our low population every time I click the Play Video Game button, I get put into a game instantly. We are just at the tail-end of an information lull from DICE. I think they are supposed to be announcing in a few weeks what the DLC is going to contain and when it is coming.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I only play very casually, but (in the UK) I haven't once not been entered into a full game in 10-30 seconds, no matter what mode.

Edit: PC

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Well then I'm jealous of you guys, but I literally can't play, and I'm on the US west coast.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I'm on PS4, east coast US and never wait for a game - even when I'm up at like 6 AM and jump on.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Siets posted:

I'm not really sure where all this "game is deaddd :byodood:" chat is coming from. As a PC player, even with our low population every time I click the Play Video Game button, I get put into a game instantly. We are just at the tail-end of an information lull from DICE. I think they are supposed to be announcing in a few weeks what the DLC is going to contain and when it is coming.

It's in pc. I'm in the east coast. Trying to get into a game for half an hour and then giving up is bad

Walker assault and fighter squadron.. Neither. Is there a more popular modes?

Based on the complaints online it isn't that there's games it's that sometimes you just don't get in. One dude said he never find a game but his friend does and the live near each other so the only option he has is to join when friend does

I imagine there's some others who just aren't getting in and they're ink the same boat

Ps4 and Xbox don't count

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The thing is that the matchmaking is bad. You can sit there and wait the 2 minutes for it to do whatever the hell it's doing, and it puts you into an empty lobby by yourself, but then you quit and it instantly matches you into a game. They should really just have a loving server browser or something

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

nerdbot posted:

The thing is that the matchmaking is bad. You can sit there and wait the 2 minutes for it to do whatever the hell it's doing, and it puts you into an empty lobby by yourself, but then you quit and it instantly matches you into a game. They should really just have a loving server browser or something

That's the thing. Today I only kept getting put back in the empty room. So either

A) Matchmaking bad

B) Nobody playing

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Something is kinda busted with the PC matchmaking. It was fine, then Jakku and it broke, then went back to working and broke again. Quit and rejoin and cross ya fingers. Player pop has been pretty steady around 10k, plenty of folks if it would lobby up right.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Even if I'm doing something else quitting and rejoining for half an hour is way too loving long

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

hhhat posted:

Even if I'm doing something else quitting and rejoining for half an hour is way too loving long

Yeah it's p garbo

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They really should have just forced download of Jakku, and all other free DLC. It's going to be messy enough when the paid stuff comes out.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Casimir Radon posted:

They really should have just forced download of Jakku, and all other free DLC. It's going to be messy enough when the paid stuff comes out.

:dice: is not smart.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

hhhat posted:

That's the thing. Today I only kept getting put back in the empty room. So either

A) Matchmaking bad

B) Nobody playing

C) Games are full.

This is happening. A lot. If you get dumped in an empty lobby, quit and search again. I so rarely get empty lobbies and when I do a new search gets a 39/40 game usually instantly. The population isn't massive, but it's not dead yet.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Man I was playing Fighter Squadron and annihilating pubbies and missed the Rogue Squadron games, so my cousin and I just played through the co-op version of Rogue Leader that's on Rebel Strike. Hell of a lot of fun still and it holds up really well, even if I can't hit poo poo anymore.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

MorsAnima posted:

C) Games are full.

This is happening. A lot. If you get dumped in an empty lobby, quit and search again. I so rarely get empty lobbies and when I do a new search gets a 39/40 game usually instantly. The population isn't massive, but it's not dead yet.

You're answering me where I said that I kept retrying and kept getting placed in the empty lobby

I mean

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Miraculous little bit on Hero Hunt. Trying to knock out a challenge of getting 20 kills (which took forever), but this last round, I started as Han Solo to allow me to finish it, and then every time Han Solo came up in rotation after that, I got to be him as I happened to be the guy who killed Skywalker. Best I've done on that. Got 24 kills total, which is huge for me in one game.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

How do some people get like 18 AI kills in fighter squadron and I get 2?

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I got 12 hero kills in one game once. So proud of myself :')

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

Tiny Lowtax posted:

How do some people get like 18 AI kills in fighter squadron and I get 2?

Shoot everything. You end up with far more AI kills. They fly like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
EA has made an announcement for a January update.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/23078/star-wars-battlefront-heroes-holiday-community-event-results

EA posted:

In true Jedi fashion, it will be revealed in the coming update this month

Here is the current issues list they have been tracking. No info on what will actually be in the update though.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/13053/currently-tracking

EA posted:

Our team is currently tracking reports around the following topics.

- Playing the Objective - trophy / achievement is not unlocking
- Matchmaking issues post Jakku content release
- Second Star Card Hand not saving
- Invincibility bug
- Infinite Star Cards
- PS4: White "pixel" glitches, and CE-34787-0 crash
- Heroes vs. Villains chat issues
- Party system Un-partnered and switching
- Reports of health bars and objectives going missing
- A-Wing’s hit box
- Hit detection / Shot speed
- PC crackling/popping/static sound or missing sounds completely
- Credits missing
- Co-op credit issues
- AMD CPU and GPU reported issues
- Misc connectivity issues
- Weapon balance
- Vehicle balance
- Grenades falling at your feet
- Walkers getting stuck on other Walker on Sullust
- Chat Bug (can lock you out of controls)
- Bowcaster charge up glitch
- Melee kills sometimes appear as assists
- Grenade kills sometimes show up as assist kills
- Han Solo glowing like the sun
- Disappearing AT-AT
- Random instances of the Snowspeeder self-destructing

If they wanna keep this game alive post patch they need to add in at the very least auto-balancing and random team assignments on a map change.

• Locked thread