Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Even with the Alacrity nerf, Chronos are gonna be a must-have for raids. 100% Quickness upkeep, shared distortion, and 33% reduced cooldowns is very valuable. And honestly, 66% was kinda bonkers to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it was nerfed because chronomancers could poo poo it out all the time and lo and behold Maybe Reducing Cooldowns By More Than Half Is A Little Powerful

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Alacrity is a Tempests best friend, instead of being gated by cooldowns you were gated by how fast you could cast everything as it came off cooldown, and Chrono also happen to have the solution to that same problem in their kit with quickness.

A lot of these nerfs are to things that make you go *Why didn't they think this would be broken?* to be released in their state, like 66% alacrity with high uptime, stealth gyro that's up again as soon as it's gone, auras being spammy and revenants just autoattacking for more damage then most peoples big cooldowns.

In other news.
Amulet Changes:

We’ll be adding the following amulets:

Mercenary’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Condition
560 Toughness
560 Vitality

Sage’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Condition
560 Healing Power
560 Vitality

Paladin’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Precision
560 Toughness
560 Vitality

Mender’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Healing Power
560 Precision
560 Vitality

We’re also removing the following amulets:
Soldier’s
Settler’s
Celestial
Sentinel

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 16, 2016

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i'll miss settler amulet, will be interesting seeing people try to make build in a celestial free world

mercenary amulet though..... lol. if you don't need ferocity (you don't) or healing power (you don't) that amulet just makes everything stronger.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Is Nomad's gear a good choice for a Warrior PS Frontliner? (If your priority is being an annoying tanky CC dude in zergs)

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Johnny Joestar posted:

Maybe Reducing Cooldowns By More Than Half Is A Little Powerful

Lucky thing it never worked that way, then.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
I'll miss giving people on siege in WvW close to perma-alacrity :(

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I won't miss Mossman being more of a stupid boring dickpain.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh man.

That change to protect me is pretty solid, or at least more than I was expecting. I mean an aoe stunbreak is always nice, and extra excess to taunt seems like it might be nice.

Hopefully they'll do something about aoe traps being removed since the trait update.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Not sure I get this new open world content.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

mike12345 posted:

Is Nomad's gear a good choice for a Warrior PS Frontliner? (If your priority is being an annoying tanky CC dude in zergs)

No.

Spookyelectric posted:

Not sure I get this new open world content.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Warrior PS Frontliner

Is this a truck brand or something?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW1xY19A4YQ

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Did a bit of research and went with soldier. Is soldier the go-to choice for wvw warrior, guardian and rev builds? Those metabattle builds could do with some gear recommendations.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is this a truck brand or something?

Kinda. Considering it should hit like one/take a couple of hits..

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
For Rev, I like hiding behind a zerg in full berserker spamming hammer #2. Soldiers is good if you're going bunker / front line.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Marauders is also really nice if you're up to making it. It's similar to zerker but sacrifices a little of all three stats to add a bit of vitality. I think full marauder will add close to 6k health so if zerker makes you feel too squishy I'd grab some.

Only trouble is that marauder gear is account bound as soon as you make it, so you have to make it yourself.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Help Goon Squad do a hard bounty, kill my target, head on to help the fifth one die, internet goes down and boots me out of both helping and almost certainly credit. Hooray.

e: I take it back, even after restarting the game it remembered, vast improvement in one tiny area but it works for me

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 17, 2016

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Did a bit of research and went with soldier. Is soldier the go-to choice for wvw warrior, guardian and rev builds? Those metabattle builds could do with some gear recommendations.

People generally don't spend any money/effort on gear for WvW since it's just a bunch of idiots circle capping over and over again.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

Help Goon Squad do a hard bounty, kill my target, head on to help the fifth one die, internet goes down and boots me out of both helping and almost certainly credit. Hooray.

e: I take it back, even after restarting the game it remembered, vast improvement in one tiny area but it works for me

I think participation credit is now saved in some situations. Same thing with the HoT maps now remembering your participation percentage for a bit even if you crash

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

ItBurns posted:

People generally don't spend any money/effort on gear for WvW since it's just a bunch of idiots circle capping over and over again.

I just started out, and think it's really fun. Picked the tanky warrior build yesterday, and facepunched the enemy zerg. Was pretty cool!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

mike12345 posted:

Those metabattle builds could do with some gear recommendations.

Uh, they do? I assume this is the warrior PS frontliner build being discussed? If you scroll way down, it lists the armour under "equipments." Specifically, soldier for armour and knight for trinkets. The meta guard build, AH frontliner, does it really weirdly and uses the pvp template, with marauders across the board apparently. The herald one recommends zerker for weapons and trinkets and soldiers with valkyrie/zerker mixed in if you feel comfortable doing so.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Anyone have an estimated time until HoT is 10 bucks (the true value of expansion) ? ?

I don't get why they don't allow buying it with gems* either. it's not like they're not getting money one way or another.

*(exactly 1000 gems)

I guess someone could spend their entire life grinding out achievement points and then waiting until enough achievement points exist to get enough to buy it at the current price, but yeah.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jan 17, 2016

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

There's actually a big blow up on reddit right now about how metabattle is curated, and basically it turns out that there's about half a dozen people total who give enough of a poo poo to edit it at all, and with WvW being as dead as it is, it seems like there's just no-one there to fix anything. They're non-experts running it for free with a community that overwhelmingly doesn't bother. The people who might feel qualified to write and edit meta builds are the ones who really don't need to use metabattle, and whenever a non expert edits it they get shot down for making sub-optimal builds.

They just have a really rough time getting anyone to actually edit the wiki.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

MooCowlian posted:

There's actually a big blow up on reddit right now about how metabattle is curated, and basically it turns out that there's about half a dozen people total who give enough of a poo poo to edit it at all, and with WvW being as dead as it is, it seems like there's just no-one there to fix anything. They're non-experts running it for free with a community that overwhelmingly doesn't bother. The people who might feel qualified to write and edit meta builds are the ones who really don't need to use metabattle, and whenever a non expert edits it they get shot down for making sub-optimal builds.

it's advantageous for me because everybody runs the dragonhunter meditrapper build, which is inferior to the trap build

makes for easy killing

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I like my medis, thank you very much.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

MooCowlian posted:

Uh, they do?

Yes, that didn't show up yesterday. There's lots of editing going on, with stuff appearing and then disappearing because probably someone disagrees

MooCowlian posted:

Yeah that's my impression.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

At the very least, the warrior and guardian ones haven't been edited since yesterday.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Does nobody here remember the old drama that sprouted from builds on GuildWiki, because that poo poo was glorious

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

MooCowlian posted:

At the very least, the warrior and guardian ones haven't been edited since yesterday.

iirc there were layout changes. it's possible some things are not showing up. anyway,

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

MooCowlian posted:

Yeah the community is being a bunch of shitlords because they fast tracked some builds to approved because nobody was testing builds and they sat in testing status forever. So if a build was from a known source like DnT, they were going to automatically add it to the meta. Which is fine, that doesn't mean it's the best ever, other builds can be submitted and tested, people are just being idiots because they want metabattle to organize and fund testing of builds.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

MooCowlian posted:

Creating another separate site is clearly the best course of action at this point. The domain 'meatbattle.com' is surprisingly available. Now all we need is a logo.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I'm a returning player from before the expansion. I was under the impression that the expansion only affected end game stuff and that the base game was unchanged. Yet, I've noticed that it isnt letting me chat without upgrading and it also isnt letting me sell items on the auction either. Am I missing something?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

jerkstore77 posted:

I'm a returning player from before the expansion. I was under the impression that the expansion only affected end game stuff and that the base game was unchanged. Yet, I've noticed that it isnt letting me chat without upgrading and it also isnt letting me sell items on the auction either. Am I missing something?

Are you on a free to play account?

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Yes. Wasnt this game always free to play?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

jerkstore77 posted:

Yes. Wasnt this game always free to play?

No.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Crap, nevermind. Forgot I'm on a different account now because my previous one must've been hacked because it had been banned for RL selling items.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

WvW goin well this reset

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How low has maguuma dropped in the rankings? I don't even remember those server names.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This is a tier 5 matchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Maybe next time there's a wvwvw season (lol) we can win!

• Locked thread