Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

But I just learned both of the two jumpthrows I know within the last couple months, how can I smoke CT on Inferno and Mirage B and A sites respectively on T side for set takes now? :( :( :(

Answer: not play professionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

That's one of those things I never got into. I'm not sure what the emoticon means in context but where a grenade goes depends on the player momentum so at different points in the jump your grenade could end up in different places depending on when you throw it. So people made a script to jump and throw at some interval so it was consistent. I kind of got the point because you don't want your set smokes being all hosed up and retarded and working as convenient one way smokes for the opposition. because they're off or depending on them and then it turns out you're naked to some positions.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

But I just learned both of the two jumpthrows I know within the last couple months, how can I smoke CT on Inferno and Mirage B and A sites respectively on T side for set takes now? :( :( :(

Answer: not play professionally.

You can still jump and throw you just cant use a script to do it for you

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
is scripting relaly a cool kids thing to do these days

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Famethrowa posted:

they banned scripts that make it automatic.

Yeah, and it's loving dumb

the ban
VVV

aborn fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 16, 2016

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
which part. the script or the ban

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Jump throws own it's p dumb to ban them.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
at least they fixed the round timers :haw:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

mcvey posted:

Jump throws own it's p dumb to ban them.

If your smokes aren't consistent enough to be jump thrown learn different smokes :/

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
ya i really can't see how a smoke that can't be thrown reliably by actually timing it correctly is necessary for the purity of the game.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Checklist for pro cs:go requirements

1. Amphetamines
2. Script for window from t spawn smoke

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

How pure do you want your videogame to be really. To be honest I wouldn't object to targets in the sky you throw your smokes at to have them land in the right place. That seems less retarded than bouncing them off the skybox on purpose or shooting through the outside of the map like you can on inferno.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
ban jumpthrow scripts but leave jumpscouting in

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

aborn posted:

Yeah, and it's loving dumb

the ban
VVV

if you can't throw a smoke without computer aided precision, then you shouldn't throw the smoke. :shrug:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

ban jumpthrow scripts but leave jumpscouting in

One is fun the other is obtuse and ultimately pointless.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Famethrowa posted:

if you can't throw a smoke without computer aided precision, then you shouldn't throw the smoke. :shrug:

both the smoke and the hand throwing it are inside the goddamn computer :psyduck:

just seems like a weird line to draw at the tournament level when 1) valve doesn't seem to care and 2) there's a bunch of other poo poo that's more important going unaddressed

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It wasn't a top down decision, it was left to a player vote. Just your average sanctimonious CS:GO players removing jump throw binds for everyone because they don't use them personally. They are seen as unskilled, but honestly banning them is moronic because hitting a "perfect" jump throw every time is almost impossible, so all this does is limit the pool of available smokes, as some smokes require being thrown at the perfect apex of your jump, not just 95% there.

But still, who plays ESL? A buncha Germans that's who.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
deathcam changes are good, round end changes are good for spectators but mean you can't clutch with a rifle and fetch an awp a lot of the time

wish the bomb timer was 5 sec shorter

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Jeza posted:

It wasn't a top down decision, it was left to a player vote. Just your average sanctimonious CS:GO players removing jump throw binds for everyone because they don't use them personally. They are seen as unskilled, but honestly banning them is moronic because hitting a "perfect" jump throw every time is almost impossible, so all this does is limit the pool of available smokes, as some smokes require being thrown at the perfect apex of your jump, not just 95% there.

But still, who plays ESL? A buncha Germans that's who.

:chloe:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I agree that there's nothing wrong with jump binds

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Goofballs posted:

How pure do you want your videogame to be really. To be honest I wouldn't object to targets in the sky you throw your smokes at to have them land in the right place. That seems less retarded than bouncing them off the skybox on purpose or shooting through the outside of the map like you can on inferno.

I think if they are going to put that much effort in they should raise the skybox and have you actually be able to lob grenades over walls in a non-retarded-buggy-video-game-like-manner

edit: only if you can deal with the arbitrary poo poo you memorized going away

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I think moe's clips on the NA FPL Soundboard are my favorite thing since unicorn stickers.

http://zorkz.ovh/nafpl/soundboard/

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Here's to a quick 2-0 from Fnatic

ok maybe 2-1

mcvey fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 16, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

mcvey posted:

Here's to a quick 2-0 from Fnatic

ok maybe 2-1

At least its been quick so far.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Pronax was fnatic. Too bad he wants to waste his career playing with friends instead of winning.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

holy gently caress LG.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Those Anders shouts are starting to feel a little forced

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

:negative:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

What the hell olof

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

aborn posted:

both the smoke and the hand throwing it are inside the goddamn computer :psyduck:

just seems like a weird line to draw at the tournament level when 1) valve doesn't seem to care and 2) there's a bunch of other poo poo that's more important going unaddressed

Obviously it's within the computer, but if a smoke is so finicky that you need a script ( a programmed if/then line of code, so in other words, computer assisted) to throw it in a specific frame of animation, and can't recreate it through player skill at timing, then you should use a different smoke.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Famethrowa posted:

Obviously it's within the computer, but if a smoke is so finicky that you need a script ( a programmed if/then line of code, so in other words, computer assisted) to throw it in a specific frame of animation, and can't recreate it through player skill at timing, then you should use a different smoke.

your just bad

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Jumpthrow smokes add more tactical options to the game, should keep them in

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
Welp losing a 5v3 and a 5v2 on CT inferno probably just cost LG the match, sad

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

The individual skill is obviously there for Fnatic, Flusha just needs more experience as an IGL.

Smol posted:

Jumpthrow smokes add more tactical options to the game, should keep them in
This is how I see it. Fix Inferno(lower its skybox around CT) but everything else is fine.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

eppu posted:

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-BdBJL-ViYjU-FSMue-kjmxF-8oZEC

If you are bored you can watch my drunken adventures in the wonderfull land of csgo. Just random game after 6 months of kz. This account use to be dmg but my first win put me in gn2.
Anything i should try to remember next time i'm drunk? (i only play drunk)

Tex Willer was the name

Whats your kz_gitgud time

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

duh

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
Biggest throw I've ever seen how many anti eco rounds did they lose

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Theyre just too loving good man

mcvey fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 16, 2016

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I haven't watched csgo in forever but that was a good match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

lol @ people defending scripted actions in a competitive setting, using the justification that without removing player-skill through automation, a thing can't happen with 100% accuracy.

E: I can't hit headshots 100% of the time without an aimbot, banning aimbot is bullshit! It lowers the number of places I can go to get headshots in the game, removing tactics revolving around me hitting 100% headshots!

surc fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 16, 2016

• Locked thread