Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

ok so the thing im realizing i like a lot about dd is not that it reminds me of dark souls because it really doesnt, but it reminds me a lot of the first Gothick game, which is a really good thing in my book (the other gothick games were not very good)

hows it compare to amalur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/26971816341798913

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

ayn rand hand job posted:

it seems...more interesting than amalur in that weird quirky capcom way. idk i liked the combat in amalur but the story and world was loving terrible and way too self serious

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

you know how amalur is bad? this doesn't seem to be so far

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

amalur is babbys first mumorperger without anybody else. dragons domga is like, this could totally be an mumorperger but instead we made it fun

the first zones kick your rear end difficulty wise but once you level up a couple of times you can just steamroll through the regular mobs. i think i accidentally triggered the start of the endgame when the prophet dude gets wrecked by the big ol dragon and i feel hopelessly underlevelled for that

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
there's always dragons dogma online, the lovely spinoff

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

maniacdevnull posted:

What is not to like about eu? I felt they left a few things out as obvious dlc down the road but aside from that it was really solid all around

i think it just didn't grab her. her big video game vice is civ, especially civ 4. so i guess xcom 2 is more civ-like, whatever that means :shrug:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
what was that one dark-souls-like that either capcom or sega was making? deep or delve something? wha thappened to that

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
deep down, that's what it was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFBEjlKtpY

it was supposed to have an open beta in 2014 lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
capcom isn't really capable of making large scale games anymore. they can barely put out a street fighter

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Al! posted:

capcom isn't really capable of making large scale games anymore. they can barely put out a street fighter

its coming though :jackbud: patch dropped the other day that hints at more beta time

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Improbable Lobster posted:

what was that one dark-souls-like that either capcom or sega was making? deep or delve something? wha thappened to that

didn't that thing turn into some f2p bollocks or something

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
are there any good strategy games I can play on my mac that aren't paradox or civ?

GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

I'm the pensive looking one on the left. That's me. I'm doing serious business in there. Look at me go.

vodkat posted:

are there any good strategy games I can play on my mac that aren't paradox or civ?

alpha centauri

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

vodkat posted:

atom zombie smasher / endless legend / xcom / xenonauts

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

didn't that thing turn into some f2p bollocks or something

In early 2015, Kazunori Sugiura stated in an interview with 4gamer that the vision for the game had expanded since its initial 2013 reveal, to better appeal in the long term to players, and so the development timescale had been extended.

seems like it. might end up something like sfv

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Pinterest Mom posted:

atom zombie smasher / endless legend / xcom / xenonauts

i wanted to try endless legend since it looks really cool but I crashed everytime i tried to start it :(

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lol @ dunwich borers

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

vodkat posted:

i wanted to try endless legend since it looks really cool but I crashed everytime i tried to start it :(

atom zombie smasher had a remarkable tendency to bsod for software released after the 1990s

not sure if the devs ever patched the issue out

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
that was admittedly a computer build ago when i had a radeon

but seriously, 10 minutes of playing the game inevitable resulted in the game crashing windows and having to hard reset my computer

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/you-can-never-go-playstation-home-again

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
A woman in a bikini ran towards me, stopped, stood pensively for a few moments, and began to fart. I didn’t know you could fart in Home, but she bent over, cocked her butt my way and ripped out nearly a dozen differently sized clouds of green vapour before scampering off and vanishing. In one room I stumbled into a small conversation about foot fetishes, two avatars reminiscing about the last time they jacked off on their respective partner’s toes.

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Al! posted:

don't they crank out a SF game every year or so? with some balancing and an extra two characters and throw a SUPER or ULTRA on the title?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

monhun oughta be large-scale enough for anybody

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Improbable Lobster posted:

A woman in a bikini ran towards me, stopped, stood pensively for a few moments, and began to fart. I didn’t know you could fart in Home, but she bent over, cocked her butt my way and ripped out nearly a dozen differently sized clouds of green vapour before scampering off and vanishing. In one room I stumbled into a small conversation about foot fetishes, two avatars reminiscing about the last time they jacked off on their respective partner’s toes.

so yeah it was basically second life with marginally higher quality artwork

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hmm
https://twitter.com/sppeoples/status/688428648190181376

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

vodkat posted:

I am sorry it crashes for you and it is really cool :( xcom is also a good suggestion.

what kind of mac do you have?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
willy gibson tweeted that article and i thought it was funny

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

haveblue posted:

lol @ dunwich borers

did you finish the whole thing? it's weird that some unmarked side quest is one of the most interesting in the game

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

in any other year marco rubio would be the slam-dunk nominee and I love that he's in like 3rd or 4th place in every early-primary state behind a giant blowhard rear end in a top hat and a more measured blowhard rear end in a top hat who literally shut down the government

do you think trump would ban video games or would he be like "put everybody who didn't vote for me in VR pods until we can harvest their organs"

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

qfb

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blackula69 posted:

did you finish the whole thing? it's weird that some unmarked side quest is one of the most interesting in the game

got down to the cave with the cult sacrifice flashback and the named ghouls, that's the end right? it's not marked as cleared on the map but there didn't seem to be anywhere else to go

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Blackula69 posted:

in any other year marco rubio would be the slam-dunk nominee and I love that he's in like 3rd or 4th place in every early-primary state behind a giant blowhard rear end in a top hat and a more measured blowhard rear end in a top hat who literally shut down the government

do you think trump would ban video games or would he be like "put everybody who didn't vote for me in VR pods until we can harvest their organs"

this hinges upon whether there are video games that have made fun of him and if they have been brought to his notice

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

GoldenTeeth posted:

Bravely Default what a lovely design decision christ

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

haveblue posted:

got down to the cave with the cult sacrifice flashback and the named ghouls, that's the end right? it's not marked as cleared on the map but there didn't seem to be anywhere else to go

yeah, for sure. as long as you got the knife.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
looking forward to bravely second

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

shoulda named it bravely refinance imo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've been posting in the Bravely Default gray thread for a year intermittently just to go "is this out yet"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

:gizz:

• Locked thread