Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Congrats. The first and only time I've ever seen that happen.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

LumberingTroll posted:

A lot of mods are starting to use Settlement Keywords http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7259/ and it resolves this issue, hopefully that guy does too.

edit: I made a post on this mods nexus page asking if he would use Settlemnet Keywords and the dick bag just deleted it instead of replying.

edit 2: haha he banned me from viewing his files when I called him on it.

On the one hand, he's pretty loony, on the other, he's pretty loony. I did edit the gently caress out of some of his stuff to get awsome looking institute glass floors, with either the hex pattern, or the other cool tile. then he released the combined mod and i thought "eh, oh well" but my changes persisted, yay.

settlement keywords is on paper, great, in reality, its a pain in the arse, for this reason, as homemaker or Convenient stores dont support it, it straight up makes the stores section gone. they say its in resources, but thats bollocks. then you get crazy teddy guy who's obv on some serious meds, (yeah, pot, kettle,)

tl;dr
spent past two days trying to work out why so much stuff was missing, it was not the settlement menu bug, it was settlement keywords. also, save corruption killed a day and a half ingame.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8434/ more from crazy guy, at last, immersive killable kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZsHcoFjMn8 Eh, he seems as goony as me really.

staberind fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 15, 2016

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Patch incoming: http://steamcommunity.com/games/377160/announcements/detail/903336711828944209

How likely is this to break things?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Between zero and Todd percent.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Is there a working way to change the way XP is awarded for companion kills?

I don't see any mods for it at the moment. According to reddit the game variable is fXPDeathRewardHealthThreshold which defaults to 0.25 requiring you to do 25% damage for a kill. I set it to 0.0 using setgs but the behavior did not change, my companion mowed down a large number of feral ghouls and no XP was gained. Posters in that thread say the same thing happens.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

Is there a working way to change the way XP is awarded for companion kills?

I don't see any mods for it at the moment. According to reddit the game variable is fXPDeathRewardHealthThreshold which defaults to 0.25 requiring you to do 25% damage for a kill. I set it to 0.0 using setgs but the behavior did not change, my companion mowed down a large number of feral ghouls and no XP was gained. Posters in that thread say the same thing happens.
New Vegas had a good workaround: all companions were a part of PlayerFaction and the EXP awards were attributed to that faction. Bethesda did not go with this system and thus you have to do at a minimum 1hp of damage before getting any credit when you set the variable to 0.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

New Vegas had a good workaround: all companions were a part of PlayerFaction and the EXP awards were attributed to that faction. Bethesda did not go with this system and thus you have to do at a minimum 1hp of damage before getting any credit when you set the variable to 0.

I guess we won't know if that'll work in this game until the GECK is released?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Back up your waifu's, back up your dog/catmeats.

Looks like it might fix the settlement's never going over 86%

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Well, at least it looks like you have the option of not using the patch if you don't want to.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Last mod went over like a wet loving fart compared to immersive 4k anime pubes #234123123, let's see if this one's any better.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

staberind posted:

settlement keywords is on paper, great, in reality, its a pain in the arse, for this reason, as homemaker or Convenient stores dont support it, it straight up makes the stores section gone. they say its in resources, but thats bollocks. then you get crazy teddy guy who's obv on some serious meds, (yeah, pot, kettle,)

Actually homemaker does support SK now, its been in this last couple versions, it even has combined patch modes for SSeX, Snap, and Homemaker compatibility.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 15, 2016

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Saint Sputnik posted:

Last mod went over like a wet loving fart compared to immersive 4k anime pubes #234123123, let's see if this one's any better.

You just summed up the fate of every non-nude mod on the Nexus. :nexus:

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Gonkish posted:

Wait, wait, wait. There are non-nude mods? Really?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

LumberingTroll posted:

Actually homemaker does support SK now, its been in this last couple versions, it even has combined patch modes for SSeX, Snap, and Homemaker compatibility.

Yeah, I downloaded it earlier, did not actually install it yet, but noticed they mentioned some patches.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

cheezit posted:

Wait, wait, wait. There are non-nude mods? Really?

Technically a bush mod isn't a nude mod since it's a mod FOR a nude mod! :pseudo:

I want to know about Lover's Lab. With such a limited ability to mod I'm sure they've already got something fuuuuuuuuuucked up and I'm :stonk: excited to see what they come up with this time around. Skyrim had horrible poo poo and it was set in a civilized society. Now we're in the post apocalypse where ANYTHING goes! (and there's even a song about it) :unsmigghh:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Someone make a montage video of all the terrible mods with that song playing

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Technically a bush mod isn't a nude mod since it's a mod FOR a nude mod! :pseudo:

I want to know about Lover's Lab. With such a limited ability to mod I'm sure they've already got something fuuuuuuuuuucked up and I'm :stonk: excited to see what they come up with this time around. Skyrim had horrible poo poo and it was set in a civilized society. Now we're in the post apocalypse where ANYTHING goes! (and there's even a song about it) :unsmigghh:

There's even dialog when you get to the Prydwell that they'll need to modify!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Gonkish posted:

Yeah that Driver is gonna need some boobs. Maybe some immersive scorpion nipples.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Skyrim was 99% bandits, though, so IT ONLY MAKES SENSE for there to be a mod that lets you get raped by bandits (or wolves, or bears, or trolls...). :hurr: As for FO4... well obviously it will just need a 24/7 rapefest mod. Fire the game up and the rape train comes to town and never, ever relents. It's only LOGICAL guys, it's NOT about wanking it to my personal anime waifu with her boulder tits, bright pink hair, and giant throbbing doublecock getting railed by anything and everything she comes across. Nope, not at all.

Loverslab is weird.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'll reiterate : loving is kind of a prime mover as far as human instinct goes, so, LL caters to mainly sex, and then strange, but, people interested in sex also happen to be pretty talented,
bizarre huh, so we get hdt physics, along with bouncing tits, cloth deformation, along with vaginas with physics, 3001 hairstyles, along with pubes, xrm skeletons that allow you to chose where your weapon is sheathed, along with cock and breast bones.

Perhaps if the US & UK did not have a semi victorian attitude to loving, your tender jimmies would not tremble so much.

Edit: whats irritating is it all leaking into the Nexus.

staberind fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jan 16, 2016

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
After LL gets a hold of the GECK we'll have real reasons to build up our settlements! We'll be able to make our settlements into Diary Farms, milking settlers so much more immersive then waiting for water bottles to appear at the workbench. Maybe Skymil will make Hancock's Debauchery, like Sanguine's Debauchery but Jet fueled hazes and so much ghoul action. And I'm sure Cait will finally get that threesome with Piper she keeps asking for ^_-

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

staberind posted:

I'll reiterate : loving is kind of a prime mover as far as human instinct goes, so, LL caters to mainly sex, and then strange, but, people interested in sex also happen to be pretty talented,
bizarre huh, so we get hdt physics, along with bouncing tits, cloth deformation, along with vaginas with physics, 3001 hairstyles, along with pubes, xrm skeletons that allow you to chose where your weapon is sheathed, along with cock and breast bones.

Perhaps if the US & UK did not have a semi victorian attitude to loving, your tender jimmies would not tremble so much.

:lol:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

staberind posted:

You're a LL modder aren't you haha

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Finished and published it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8508/

There's a black variant too based on another version of the jacket I saw in my research.

The same guy who made the jacket-only mesh I use, which can be worn on top of other outfits, also put together what is basically Fo4's version of Tailor Maid, which isn't getting anywhere near the attention it deserves but anyway it has some stuff that should pair nicely with it, and I think his or some other mod has some brown driving gloves.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

staberind posted:

people interested in sex also happen to be pretty talented,

They might be interested in sex but they sure aren't having any of it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gobblecoque posted:

You're a LL modder aren't you haha

I have an account at LL, Last thing I got from there was mebbe the sg hair pack, for skyrim. it was taken down after due to korean modders being babbies.
hahahaahahahaahahaha. sometimes I see nakie people. teehee. < you sound like this. please Don't.

yeah, I remember being a 12 year old virgin, over 30 years ago.
I'm a modder, sure, but I hardly ever bother to publish my work anywhere. I'm way too lazy and kranky to deal with people unless its a simple texture jobbie.
I have said this before, I'm personally not that interested in "my waifu's tits are bigger than her head and her kebab is painstakingly sculptured" type mods, on the other hand, I don't care if others love/hate them.
Its just tiresome to have to deal with peoples infantile attitudes.
at the moment, the most used repository of mods is swamped with that crap, Protip : Don't spend any time on the landing page of the nexus, just go to either mod updates or today's mods,

Saint Sputnik posted:

Finished and published it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8508/

There's a black variant too based on another version of the jacket I saw in my research.

The same guy who made the jacket-only mesh I use, which can be worn on top of other outfits, also put together what is basically Fo4's version of Tailor Maid, which isn't getting anywhere near the attention it deserves but anyway it has some stuff that should pair nicely with it, and I think his or some other mod has some brown driving gloves.

Stellar.
I jumped on FCO as well, separating all those meshes is a drag, I'm glad someone did it tho'
I'm on my 4th restart and slowly re-adding mods that I know won't result in idiot save befoulment.

Xenoid posted:

They might be interested in sex but they sure aren't having any of it.

Speaking from inexperience are we?

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 16, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Got excited when I saw 4 new weapons with their own models and textures on the nexus, then saw they're apparently riddled with bugs like missing textures, wonky sights and weird poo poo like crashing the game if you change your face :sigh:

Looks like this one's bugs are less innocuous like having to use a vanilla reload animation that doesn't look great, but of course the comments are overflowing with nerds who have to point out all the ways it's not realistic like who gives a gently caress

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

staberind posted:

I have an account at LL, Last thing I got from there was mebbe the sg hair pack, for skyrim. it was taken down after due to korean modders being babbies.
hahahaahahahaahahaha. sometimes I see nakie people. teehee. < you sound like this. please Don't.

I'm a modder, sure, but I hardly ever bother to publish my work anywhere. I'm way too lazy and kranky to deal with people unless its a simple texture jobbie.
I have said this before, I'm personally not that interested in "my waifu's tits are bigger than her head and her kebab is painstakingly sculptured" type mods, on the other hand, I don't care if others love/hate them.
at the moment, the most used repository of mods is swamped with that crap, Protip : Don't spend any time on the landing page of the nexus, just go to either mod updates or today's mods,

Stellar.
I jumped on FCO as well, separating all those meshes is a drag, I'm glad someone did it tho'
I'm on my 4th restart and slowly re-adding mods that I know won't result in idiot save befoulment.

Nice meltdown.

Laughing at the garbage The Nexus and Slab barf up into the pool of mods is SOP for any of these threads so you might as well get over whatever hangup you possess for having a good chuckle at poo poo cause it ain't gonna stop.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

staberind posted:

Stellar.

This guy is over 42 years old :D

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

staberind posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dge9B1G_avA

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

staberind posted:

Read a lot of virgin writing so I can spot it from a mile away.

Anyway you should be working on your retirement fund not posting words about digital sex dolls on the internet. Since you're close to dying and all. Mr. 30 years ago.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
:bravo: why don't you babies grow up and lets talk about mods for Fallout 4, instead of how nudity mods make you uncomfortable.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Dude, I just want to see some loving tits on those mole rat brood mothers. They should be a lot bigger than the tits on your run of the mill mole rats.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

staberind posted:

Stellar.

Tell me, Which futa anime mods for Skyrim would you reccomend?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

LumberingTroll posted:

:bravo: why don't you babies grow up and lets talk about mods for Fallout 4, instead of how nudity mods make you uncomfortable.

agreed troll. I can't help but blow steamy strings all over my keyboard just thinking about how sexy and epic the sex mods for bethesda games are.
:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZlJSSC1kcs
I'm over 40 and this is the kind of thing I derive pleasure from. this is not depressing or pathetic btw.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Those XT or whatever skeletons that lover's lab folks make are pretty nice, and when the animators make something that isn't Sithis' Sex Slave Immersion Overhaul or whatever but rather an animation overhaul/new animation pack it was usually decent stuff. Really hoping those Skyrim animation modders come to Fallout 4, given the utter lack of weapon types that are going to need new animations if weapon modders want their poo poo to work.

It's too bad they get bogged down with all the generic lab mods, though.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

I am disproportionately angry that this video claims the sound effect is from Quake.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Those XT or whatever skeletons that lover's lab folks make are pretty nice, and when the animators make something that isn't Sithis' Sex Slave Immersion Overhaul or whatever but rather an animation overhaul/new animation pack it was usually decent stuff. Really hoping those Skyrim animation modders come to Fallout 4, given the utter lack of weapon types that are going to need new animations if weapon modders want their poo poo to work.

It's too bad they get bogged down with all the generic lab mods, though.

I don't think there was even ONE Ninja-run mod for Skyrim, was there? What a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
In Mod related stuff : Sick of burning out your scroll wheel? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3644/ scrollbars in menus, among other things, better fonts for pipboy, Yay.

• Locked thread