Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Kimsemus posted:

Protip: You can make characters on other servers, but Mushin is destined to normalize in about a week and I still believe that is the server you're going to want to be on. Levelling is a breeze if you want to play somewhere else for now though, up to you.

You do remember that the f2p launch is still upcoming, right? If anything, the problem is going to be even worse in a week, barring NCSoft intervention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Schubalts posted:

Players in the same group go into the same instance, and there is also the cross-server group finder for dungeons and arenas. The dungeon finder even puts you in a neat little lobby, complete with guy who accepts turn-ins for all of your dungeon dailies and a shop so you can repair and restock easily, with a few other groups. So you can sit around and chill with people from any server while you wait for your groupmates to get ready for repeated runs.

And before you get put it in a group, the dungeon finder has a big chat channel, meant for group invite-links that you can simply click on to join their group if there's room.

BnS really wants it to be easy for you to play with people, no matter what your server population is like.
Are Guilds and guild chat still segregated by server though? Because that's always going to be my reason to roll on high pop servers, queues or not.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

Just the one I think. It's really dumb but it doesn't look like items you purchase with funbux are account wide.

Yeah, unfortunately cosmetic stuff from the shop is generally character-bound (the master pack costumes are account-bound, however).

Pierson posted:

Are Guilds and guild chat still segregated by server though? Because that's always going to be my reason to roll on high pop servers, queues or not.

Yes, this and OWPvP are the primary reasons you'd want to roll on a server with someone else.

That being said, guild sizes are very small (the goon guild is already full at 50 members and I think caps out at 80?) so it's not like you're missing out on MEGA GOON ANTICS if you go to another server that also has goons on it. We always have the discord for out-of-game chat.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Pierson posted:

Guilds and guild chat are, but the guild population cap is very very low. There won't be a consolidated goon guild on one server, it'll have to be many.

I'm not saying don't play on the server with people you want to play with: I'm saying putting the guild on the ultra overcrowded server was dumb.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

RPZip posted:

Guilds and guild chat are, but the guild population cap is very very low. There won't be a consolidated goon guild on one server, it'll have to be many.

I'm not saying don't play on the server with people you want to play with: I'm saying putting the guild on the ultra overcrowded server was dumb.

For the record, I asked multiple times if people were OK with Mushin despite the fact that it was going to be the most populated and no one said poo poo.

I personally don't mind being there but like, it's not like I didn't try to check with people on this.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

I'm not sure the consequences of that were clear, though. Being on the server with the most people to mess with is a no-brainer. Being on the server it potentially takes hours to get into, less so.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

If you think it's bad now just wait until the launch.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

TheRagamuffin posted:

I'm not sure the consequences of that were clear, though. Being on the server with the most people to mess with is a no-brainer. Being on the server it potentially takes hours to get into, less so.

I was skeptical! But I bailed for Jiwan when the name reservation scrape showed 50% of the population on the same server. I'm playing with a group of adjacent friends for the moment anyway though so being on "the goon server" wasn't hyper critical.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Crashed during cutscene, first estimate is 2 hours. Last time it ended up being double but I'm going to guess 3.5 hours to get back in.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Probably best to just play on Ol Dirty Cho or something until the first couple weeks are over. Just don't buy anything from the cash shop unless they add transfers I guess.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Windrest EU hasn't been too bad today: I was looking at a queue of around 5 mins earlier today.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.
What is the fancy particle effect people have when they are dashing around from? I assume its something from one of the $$$ Packs? Also me and my buddy are on Dirty Man Cho as well but we went Blue because Red was full and we couldn't join it, are we screwed from playing with Goons there?

Also the best pro tip I found about making this game run better that saved my sanity since it was so choppy is this:

If you play in full screen and hit your windows key if your task bar pops up over the game window you're not in 'true' full screen mode. In order to get the game to run in true full screen you have to Alt+Enter during a Loading Screen(doesn't work otherwise) until the screen flashes black for a second then comes back. You should then be able to hit your Windows key again and if you see nothing pop up you're golden. This took me from 30-60 FPS at 1080p with my 980TI with janky stuttering to 120 FPS with dips to 80-90 in really crowded areas and almost no janky stuttering running at a 4k DSR resolution on my 1080p monitor. It literally saved the game for me, so I thought I would share for those who would like to try it. :angel:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rylek posted:

What is the fancy particle effect people have when they are dashing around from? I assume its something from one of the $$$ Packs? Also me and my buddy are on Dirty Man Cho as well but we went Blue because Red was full and we couldn't join it, are we screwed from playing with Goons there?

Also the best pro tip I found about making this game run better that saved my sanity since it was so choppy is this:

If you play in full screen and hit your windows key if your task bar pops up over the game window you're not in 'true' full screen mode. In order to get the game to run in true full screen you have to Alt+Enter during a Loading Screen(doesn't work otherwise) until the screen flashes black for a second then comes back. You should then be able to hit your Windows key again and if you see nothing pop up you're golden. This took me from 30-60 FPS at 1080p with my 980TI with janky stuttering to 120 FPS with dips to 80-90 in really crowded areas and almost no janky stuttering running at a 4k DSR resolution on my 1080p monitor. It literally saved the game for me, so I thought I would share for those who would like to try it. :angel:

Unfortunately clans are faction locked. So I don't think someone in the blue faction can join a red clan.

And the particle effect from sprinting is automatic when you have the premium membership, which if you spent your funbux on one thing, that is what I would pick.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Finally got in, played for 10 minutes, crashed, back to the end of a 129 min queue.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Rylek posted:

Around lvl 30 you could probably afford to switch to red if there's a goon guild running.

Styxscout
May 13, 2011

I predict a Riot
Crashed to desktop after a fungeon.

4 hours later, still waiting in a queue.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Playing on Poharan rn, this game is pretty fun.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

RPZip posted:

Mushin was/is the smartest place to play. Flaming him for putting the guild on the server that's still going to have an active population in a few weeks is retarded.

People are making a way bigger deal out of the queue times than they deserve. You sit through a 20-30 minute queue once and then never have to worry about it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Good thing the new diablo season just startetd! I'll wait till tuesday and if everything is still hosed up (its going to be worse), I'll just roll a throwaway character on a lower pop server just to see the western version differences and actually understand the story instead of watching of a wuxia movie I couldn't comprehend 9/10 times.

Leveling is so fast in this game it wouldn't take long to cap out my actual main in Mushin once the dust settles.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

fadam posted:

Mushin was/is the smartest place to play. Flaming him for putting the guild on the server that's still going to have an active population in a few weeks is retarded.

People are making a way bigger deal out of the queue times than they deserve. You sit through a 20-30 minute queue once and then never have to worry about it.

Styxscout posted:

Crashed to desktop after a fungeon.

4 hours later, still waiting in a queue.

Alighieri posted:

Finally got in, played for 10 minutes, crashed, back to the end of a 129 min queue.

Buhbuhj posted:

Crashed during cutscene, first estimate is 2 hours. Last time it ended up being double but I'm going to guess 3.5 hours to get back in.

:shrug:

I'm not trying to blame cathead for this, it is what it is and trying to swap it after name reservation (when there was hard data) might have been tough because of the name reservations. It does suck, though.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

It would've been ideal to have an "official" backup server planned for when people just want to play during the inevitable Mushin queues. People are spread out among servers now, although Old Man Cho seems to be the most popular offshoot.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

fadam posted:

The queue was almost 90 minutes at 11am and seems to be 4 hours long now. I don't think anyone would mind 20-30 minute queues.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

RPZip posted:

:shrug:

I'm not trying to blame cathead for this, it is what it is and trying to swap it after name reservation (when there was hard data) might have been tough because of the name reservations. It does suck, though.

Fair enough, I guess. The game has been perfectly stable for most people, though.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

I'm definitely happy to have been talked out of head start. :v:
I would be so pissed if I paid real money and had to deal with all that.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Is the dungeon finder cross server? No speculative answers please.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Mushin is still the right choice, f2p is coming up sure. However, two weekends from now there will be no queues, and on other servers no mans to kill in the open world. If you only plan to play this game for one weekend don't play on mushin I guess.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Xavier434 posted:

Is the dungeon finder cross server? No speculative answers please.

100% yes, and you can queue with goons manually on other servers, it is very easy to set up a lobby to do this.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Mushin is still the right choice, f2p is coming up sure. However, two weekends from now there will be no queues, and on other servers no mans to kill in the open world. If you only plan to play this game for one weekend don't play on mushin I guess.

Jiwan seems incredibly active on all channels and I somehow doubt it will be dead in one weekend. I know some of you are really stuck in preaching that everyone should just wait out 1 hour + queues, but it's definitely not the right decision for everyone.

Chill a bit and let those who are rolling on side servers do their thing. I don't regret giving up the queue and just playing somewhere else.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I'm fine with Mushin this whole thing is just a bit silly. If they actually put in an AFK timer a lot of this waiting wouldn't exist but literally no one is logging off right now.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
I've read that there are gold spammers on Mushin already, taking up that valuable population slot. I hope they boot them out as soon as they turn up in there.

To tempt people out of Mushin and Windrest, NCWest has put up an alternate but one-off solution if you wish it:
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/147311-item-transfers-off-high-queue-servers/
Kind of wish they'd raise the population limit instead, though.

Personally I'd stay on Mushin if you already got your Founders Pack stuff opened in there, despite the huge queue times.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Karistar posted:

I've read that there are gold spammers on Mushin already, taking up that valuable population slot. I hope they boot them out as soon as they turn up in there.

To tempt people out of Mushin and Windrest, NCWest has put up an alternate but one-off solution if you wish it:
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/147311-item-transfers-off-high-queue-servers/

Personally I'd stay on Mushin if you already got your Founders Pack stuff opened in there, despite the huge queue times.

I'm not super clear why the server has a limit when there are an unlimited amount of channels that can be spawned.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

lmao if you rolled on mushin like an idiot. See you nerds on Pohran.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Are vanity items like costumes one-time payments in this game? Or is it one of those where you pay to rent a costume for 30 days or whatever.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Getsuya posted:

Are vanity items like costumes one-time payments in this game? Or is it one of those where you pay to rent a costume for 30 days or whatever.

One time payment, but only good on one character.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
There are also a shitton of costumes and accessories that you can get for free from boss token roulette, direct boss drops (open world and dungeon), faction tokens, and quest rewards.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Waiting in queues is fun and everything, but I decided to remake my toon on old man cho to actually play the game and everything.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can't decide what class to put in my second slot next to FM :( Dest maybe, since the ping seems OK on US servers?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Got to like level 30, game crashed, guess I'm done for the night. Kinda digging summoner but almost wish I had done Blade Dancer or something instead. Summoner just isn't quite clicking and I keep forgetting to watch the pet.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Karistar posted:

I wonder if this might just end up overburdening some other server. Though the gold spammers probably won't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think I just broke the main quest. It's telling me to "Check Soha's tab" but there's no marker to interact with anywhere on my map. Does anyone remember this part? It's in Chapter 22 of Act 2.

• Locked thread