Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
also i'm pretty sure i've explored places i shouldn't in DD because i found some pawn that's an animu girl in dragon armor and she wrecks house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

is it good

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

love dat party hat

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

scamtank posted:

love dat party hat

my nubian amazon mage princess pawn is currently wearing it :v:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
when did bloodborne get a minigun

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Old Hunters DLC. it's pretty boss (the DLC, i don't have a bloodtinge build so the minigun is useless for me)

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

broccoli man is the true hero of bloodborne

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

craisins posted:

don't they crank out a SF game every year or so? with some balancing and an extra two characters and throw a SUPER or ULTRA on the title?

you're thinking of any arksys fighter (guilty gear, blazblue etc), they have a million different versions

there hasn't been a new sf game since ultra sf4 in 2008. apparently with sfv they're going to use it as a single platform and update it as a whole rather than releasing interations with balance tweaks

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Radio Paranoia posted:

you're thinking of any arksys fighter (guilty gear, blazblue etc), they have a million different versions

there hasn't been a new sf game since ultra sf4 in 2008. apparently with sfv they're going to use it as a single platform and update it as a whole rather than releasing interations with balance tweaks

sf4 was 2008
ssf4 was 2010
ssf4ae was late 2010
usf4 was 2014

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

Old Hunters DLC. it's pretty boss (the DLC, i don't have a bloodtinge build so the minigun is useless for me)

are bloodtinge builds actually viable?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

craisins posted:

sf4 was 2008
ssf4 was 2010
ssf4ae was late 2010
usf4 was 2014

lol

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Notorious QIG posted:

are bloodtinge builds actually viable?

Yeah the repeating pistol can hit for over a thousand damage a shot. The cannon can hit for over 4000 damage under the right conditions. The Chikage, Bloodletter, and Simon's Bowblade all scale off bloodtinge in their second form's as well.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Cnidaria posted:

Yeah the repeating pistol can hit for over a thousand damage a shot. The cannon can hit for over 4000 damage under the right conditions. The Chikage, Bloodletter, and Simon's Bowblade all scale off bloodtinge in their second form's as well.

oh wow. here I am using the saw cleaver like a scrub

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

The Saw Cleaver is probably the best weapon in the game since it's really fast, does a ton of damage, and is very easy to use. Although its moveset isn't versatile.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the saw cleaver is too good. It's biggest feature is probably it's vertical slash when it's extended, allowing you to hit bosses like Amydala and Erebtas in the head with it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

literally watch_dogs again

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

haha

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bloodborne status: Got the Whirlygig Saw upgraded enough to use it properly in the DLC, owns. Also forgot how much I hated the brainsuckers when I farmed up Blood stones in the upper cathedral ward. Lost literally 14 insight on my first run through because I kept overestimating their invincibility frames.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

dragons dogma's worth as a walking simulator review:

too many encounters, no first person perspective, immersive sound design, great sense of place, no emotional component 4/10

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

consoles.jpg

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Al! posted:

dragons dogma's worth as a walking simulator review:

too many encounters, no first person perspective, immersive sound design, great sense of place, no emotional component 4/10

Retard.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

since no one answered you: no

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Bloodborne status: Got the Whirlygig Saw upgraded enough to use it properly in the DLC, owns. Also forgot how much I hated the brainsuckers when I farmed up Blood stones in the upper cathedral ward. Lost literally 14 insight on my first run through because I kept overestimating their invincibility frames.

overhead with ludwig's, stunlock them to death

played for 4 hours or so over the past two days, have made zero NG+ progress as far as micolash and cursed chalice amygdala are concerned

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
micolash is like the easiest boss fight in the game what are you doing

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

full screen aoe gently caress you ultradeath on the final phase of the fight

maybe i'm just.... bad at james :aaa:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

do contards not realize that everything at e3 was run on windows with sli titans?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

for Bloodborne dlc, best to start a brand new game? I'm at Amelia I'm ng+ with the scythe which I like...but I'd like to enjoy the dlc and not get my rear end handed to me in a ultra hard mode

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Yodzilla posted:

co op and stop him from ever entering the room

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

for Bloodborne dlc, best to start a brand new game? I'm at Amelia I'm ng+ with the scythe which I like...but I'd like to enjoy the dlc and not get my rear end handed to me in a ultra hard mode

i made it through on ng+, it kicks your rear end at the beginning but once you hit a decent level it's ok. what's your current SL... BL... bloodwhatever?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Notorious QIG posted:

i think it just didn't grab her. her big video game vice is civ, especially civ 4. so i guess xcom 2 is more civ-like, whatever that means :shrug:

It means it sounds like Extremely My poo poo

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Radio Paranoia posted:

full screen aoe gently caress you ultradeath on the final phase of the fight

maybe i'm just.... bad at james :aaa:

wait what, have I just never seen this move somehow? all I remember from him is dodging tentacles and backstabbing him over and over

Vintersorg posted:

idk, I only played the DLC on NG+ and it was with my SL 165 strength dude. it was definitely challenging but didn't feel insurmountable. like any souls anything it's just a matter of learning the new enemies and their timing

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

do contards not realize that everything at e3 was run on windows with sli titans?
if you have to ask

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

woah that fallout 4 beta patch massively increased my performance

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

wait what, have I just never seen this move somehow? all I remember from him is dodging tentacles and backstabbing him over and over

somehow he hates me and tries to throw this out every chance he gets. i think the hunter equivalent is "a call beyond". day ruiner de jour

wikis say if you stay up in his face he doesn't cast it, but nope, i'm going to summon a ball of while death

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Radio Paranoia posted:

overhead with ludwig's, stunlock them to death

played for 4 hours or so over the past two days, have made zero NG+ progress as far as micolash and cursed chalice amygdala are concerned
Yeah, I was using the saw and it didn't seem to hitstun them as bad

also still getting my rear end kicked inside out by Undead Giant

and no not the stupid easy one with the candles and stuff on his back, the rear end in a top hat one with the club and hook arm and the 200 mile wide spin attack that instagibs me at level 90

Radio Paranoia posted:

somehow he hates me and tries to throw this out every chance he gets. i think the hunter equivalent is "a call beyond". day ruiner de jour

wikis say if you stay up in his face he doesn't cast it, but nope, i'm going to summon a ball of while death
You should only need to avoid eating the whole thing to the face maybe 1-2 times during that part of the fight

you could try using one of the lake runes with arcane defense, then wear the Tomb Prospector set or something else with high arcane resist to face-tank it a bit

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

idk there aren't any jokes left to be made on this poo poo

How much longer does Ubisoft and EA pull stuff like this before people just get completely sick of their garbage (never)

• Locked thread