Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

dangerous.hotdog posted:

http://imgur.com/a/xpBb8

e- This patch can't hit consoles fast enough.

What I really want is just an overview where I can see a list of who is assigned to what and be able to make changes from there.
Basically I want to play Banished in Fallout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

quote:

Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly

Well thank god for that.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Entropic posted:

What I really want is just an overview where I can see a list of who is assigned to what and be able to make changes from there.
Basically I want to play Banished in Fallout.

eh, this combined with the Bell is good enough for me

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
I have a question:

Does the 'Castle' ever get repaired? Like the crumbling walls and stuff? Or does it always stay the way it is when you first find it?

edit: because if not, that sort of sucks. Seems like it'd be a really neat quest line, to get it back to its former glory and stuff.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

KiddieGrinder posted:

I have a question:

Does the 'Castle' ever get repaired? Like the crumbling walls and stuff? Or does it always stay the way it is when you first find it?

edit: because if not, that sort of sucks. Seems like it'd be a really neat quest line, to get it back to its former glory and stuff.

Haha of course not.

You can awkwardly stick some foundation pieces in the walls i guess.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

KiddieGrinder posted:

I have a question:

That's one of the primary reasons that the GECK can't come out fast enough....

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

With as huge as actual sports stadiums are, I was somewhat disappointed that Diamond City built all of its poo poo on the field. There are several things about the physical layout and art design about Diamond City that I don't like, but really I was disappointed that there weren't teams playing baseball (or whatever new version of rules they now use). So I've instead decided that I'm going to bring sportsball back to the wasteland.

Still need to decorate and put in seating, but I'm pretty happy with what I've done with the drive-in.

Only big thing I need to get now is 24 suits of power armor to line up on the field.

KiddieGrinder posted:

There is! You start the quest by going into build mode.

Can't do a whole lot with the existing walls, but a lot of the textures/rubble can be cleaned up with console commands. Going to have to do that at some of the settlements because they sure do love to put in dead pre-war skeletons that you can't interact with or even move.

EDIT:

Schrodingers cat posted:

That's one of the primary reasons that the GECK can't come out fast enough....

Absofuckinglutely. I really want to read something official from them about why its taken so long, or why they are holding off releasing it.

Also I feel the need to point out their current progress on the goal to make their official site a center for modding, as well as the skyrim paid mod fiasco.

Reverend Dr fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 15, 2016

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

This is awesome and makes me want to go all minecraft and try to rebuild the colosseum.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
They didn't do anything about Danse post-BoS destruction? I was hoping they'd work something out for that, let him be my follower or have him confront me, not this weird in-between. Danse in general after his quest needs a lot of tweaking, he's still super pro-BoS all the time, and it's hardly a stretch for people to have saved him. Maybe next time.

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome
"Building wires no longer uses up copper"

Omg, can I get a refund on all of my electric cables?

I am very early in main quest but level 47 and only missing 5 settlements.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Oh cool, I can actually tell if my settlers are doing anything now instead of relying on my awful facial recognition skills or praying they're within sight of whatever I assigned them to.

That said, as half-assed as settlements are, I'm still having a blast loving around and turning Sanctuary into my own personal fortress-city.

Fake-edit: Do settlers use power armor if the settlement get's attacked and if so will they still go for them even if you leave them in a power armor station? I've set up this kind-of barracks where I stick all my spare suits and it would be cool if it was for (slightly) more than just show.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
I believe they'll use any power armor that has a fusion core in it, even if it is in a station. They should get out of it when you talk to them after the attack but some people have experienced NPCs stealing armor permanently. If you have a set that you don't want them to touch then make sure to take out the core when you're not using it.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Yeah the writing for the institute is a honeypot for low tier psychopaths. They should have done a better job of forcing you to visit the institute sooner.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Promethium posted:

I believe they'll use any power armor that has a fusion core in it, even if it is in a station. They should get out of it when you talk to them after the attack but some people have experienced NPCs stealing armor permanently. If you have a set that you don't want them to touch then make sure to take out the core when you're not using it.

I had a settler steal my mkVI X-01 armor during a raider attack and then refuse to get out of it.

Now he has to wear the raider power armor of shame :colbert:

In theory I could sequester him away or pop a stealth boy and pickpocket the fusion core off him but I prefer shaming him

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Does Raider power armor have any cool upgrades?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

wipeout posted:

Does Raider power armor have any cool upgrades?

Not really, it's got the least upgrade options and the worst stats. It's pretty much just there to look crazy.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Sockser posted:

I had a settler steal my mkVI X-01 armor during a raider attack and then refuse to get out of it.

...generally I find that you can just talk to a settler in power armor and the first thing you'll say is "I need you to get out of your power armor". And they'll listen.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

neonbregna posted:

Yeah the writing for the institute is a honeypot for low tier psychopaths. They should have done a better job of forcing you to visit the institute sooner.

It kinda makes me angry how many alternate endings there should have been with regards to the institute. Like how you can avoid fighting at the end of New Vegas with high enough CHA or other stats you should [spoilers]have been able to brow beaten or convinced your son and the directorate into other policies. Such as say recognizing that artificial life forms should have self determination or to stop building anything more advanced than a Mr Handy or to blow up their teleporter and not gently caress around on the surface anymore.[/spoilers]

Basically the endings require a ton of innocent people to die because "thou must"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

It kinda makes me angry how many alternate endings there should have been with regards to the institute. Like how you can avoid fighting at the end of New Vegas with high enough CHA or other stats you should [spoilers]have been able to brow beaten or convinced your son and the directorate into other policies. Such as say recognizing that artificial life forms should have self determination or to stop building anything more advanced than a Mr Handy or to blow up their teleporter and not gently caress around on the surface anymore.[/spoilers]

Basically the endings require a ton of innocent people to die because "thou must"

Yeah. It doesn't really pay to get too invested into a Bethesda game's story.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Mama Murphy concept art of her battletank and Mister Handy wheelchairs.

I think she would of been better received if she was some drug fueled battle grandma.

Those are awesome.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Gonkish posted:

Not really, it's got the least upgrade options and the worst stats. It's pretty much just there to look crazy.

Which reminds me, It's funny how in New Vegas NCR had those scavanged power armour which were half functional because they lacked technology to repair them, and here every other raider seems to have a fully functioning suit. East coast is harsh.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Doctor Bombadil posted:

Which reminds me, It's funny how in New Vegas NCR had those scavanged power armour which were half functional because they lacked technology to repair them, and here every other raider seems to have a fully functioning suit. East coast is harsh.

Probably a lack of fusion cores in NCR. They still rely on hydroelectric power since they've moved past scavenging, and FCs only go so far. So they just strip the frame out of the power armor and use the pieces as really really heavy plating.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that sounds about right - why, i don't think i looted a single fusion core in all my time playing New Vegas!

Orgytron
Aug 11, 2007
If Bethesda can't make the storyline inside Fallout 4 make sense, I wouldn't expect them to make it consistent with previous installments. The most effort they invested was apparently just several examples of "oh hey, its that one dude from DC Wasteland!"

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Couldn't agree more.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Orgytron posted:

If Bethesda can't make the storyline inside Fallout 4 make sense, I wouldn't expect them to make it consistent with previous installments. The most effort they invested was apparently just several examples of "oh hey, its that one dude from DC Wasteland!"

The best they could muster with 3 was a cameo appearance by Harold during one of the quests, in which they don't bother to reference any of his past history, or utilize any of the entertaining aspects of him as a character. In fact, he only exists so you can kill him and put him out of his misery.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

EricFate posted:

The best they could muster with 3 was a cameo appearance by Harold during one of the quests, in which they don't bother to reference any of his past history, or utilize any of the entertaining aspects of him as a character. In fact, he only exists so you can kill him and put him out of his misery.

He was a metaphor for the series up to that point.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

It's been a while since we've had a proper whine about Bethesda having control of the franchise

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I'm not really judging or having issues with it, it's just funny looking at disrepancies. Rule of cool is fine by me.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Honestly I just write off fusion cores as a minor gameplay conceit and roll with it because the alternative was having power armor work the same way it's worked in all the other games and the way FO4 treats it is probably the single coolest thing about it.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I would use Power Armor if I could get rid of the God awful interface.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Probably a lack of fusion cores in NCR. They still rely on hydroelectric power since they've moved past scavenging, and FCs only go so far. So they just strip the frame out of the power armor and use the pieces as really really heavy plating.

Yeah that makes kinda sense too like we saw places making good new guns in New Vegas and there were tons of guns but almost everything in the Commonwealth is prewar scavenged and heavily rebuilt or pipe rifle quality other than Institute weapons.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I never use any of the pipe stuff. Couldn't they have taken the time they put into that to make 2-3 more revolvers, a Desert Eagle, A few Grenade launchers, pump action shotgun. You know, the usual stuff.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I would use Power Armor if I could get rid of the God awful interface.

That and the way your view bobs, I hate that.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Hell the intended "evil" ending probably results in the fewest casualties.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Zephyrine posted:

Grenade launchers

The weapon I never realized I was missing and wanted

also better hand-held explosives gameplay

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Glazius posted:

...generally I find that you can just talk to a settler in power armor and the first thing you'll say is "I need you to get out of your power armor". And they'll listen.

Just like to trade a few things

Sure

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Pipe weapons do have one use, in my experience: When given automatic receivers, their rate of fire is blisteringly high. Even considering the low damage on .38, it adds up pretty quickly and is a good ammo type to use when you want to hold onto your better stuff.

.... Granted, that only matters if you're using automatics.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts

hobbesmaster posted:

Hell the intended "evil" ending probably results in the fewest casualties.

It's the same with Covenant. You can be "evil" and let them continue to torture and kill innocent people, but they never actually do so. Or you can be "good" and murder a bunch of harmless townsfolk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Phssthpok posted:

It's the same with Covenant. You can be "evil" and let them continue to torture and kill innocent people, but they never actually do so. Or you can be "good" and murder a bunch of harmless townsfolk.

? You mean because Bethesda didn't think to actually have any of the world change apart from what you the character changed?

It's a fair bet they would continue to torture people based on, I believe, a 25% success rate of their ~*Totally Hilarious repurposed GOAT quiz*~

I still can't believe Bethesda thought people really wanted to see that again, or wanted some kind of nostalgic callback to the worst part of a badly written game.

• Locked thread