Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://archive.is/IKCiX

Is that page broken for anyone else? I can't see what they're trying to link to as proof of the doxxing.

If it's actual doxxing, did the mods miss it or something? I know FAU was questioning about doxxing allegations in the EVE thread a while back but it was all off SA so they couldn't do anything.

Edit - Nvm they actually linked to the post in question to http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=67#post451999402

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
It's page 67

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Good thing from back then

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Unfunny Poster posted:

This is comical given the immediate ad hominem he and others result to whenever a debate over something starts up. It's even better given his history of personal insults directed at people being civil but arguing a different viewpoint.

Oh also we apparently posts all sorts of doxxing information here

i am "the chan"

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Vorpal Cat posted:

Its like someone tried to badly copy the elite dangerous interface but had a stroke halfway through.

For comparison:

Star Citizen

Elite

This is some goofus and gallant bullshit right here.

Never mind that most of the screen is blocked off, the sc shot makes me want to crane my head forward because it's like I'm too far away from the hud like some sort of intergalactic back seat driver.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
doxx post

[purchase platinum upgrade to view text]

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 17, 2016

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

hey dolvak, this is a comedy website :ssh:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

This is comical given the immediate ad hominem he and others result to whenever a debate over something starts up. It's even better given his history of personal insults directed at people being civil but arguing a different viewpoint.

Oh also we apparently posts all sorts of doxxing information here

I gotta say that's pretty offensive. The vast majority of this thread is completely unrelated shitposts, without a shadow of a doubt. If he didn't even notice all the hard work I've been doing... well then gently caress that guy. I don't need him anyway.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
CashEnsign was right, that thread did result in some pretty good posts.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vorpal Cat posted:

Its like someone tried to badly copy the elite dangerous interface but had a stroke halfway through.

For comparison:

Star Citizen

Elite

The person who designed the cockpit UI is the same guy who did the Jarvis UI for the first Iron man movie. Which means he only knows how to make poo poo look neat without needing it to be viable and useful.

Its Chris Roberts as gently caress, is what I'm saying

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I'm pretty sure we posted cat pics too at some point.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

The person who designed the cockpit UI is the same guy who did the Jarvis UI for the first Iron man movie.

Hahaha is this for real? Chris stop. Just stop. You cannot cargo cult this into a movie.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
warhammer 40k posts were all high quality content just fyi

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Agrajag posted:

:airquote:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Unfunny Poster posted:

If it's actual doxxing, did the mods miss it or something? I know FAU was questioning about doxxing allegations in the EVE thread a while back but it was all off SA so they couldn't do anything.
Nobody did anything because whooooo cares. It's derek smart doing what derek smart does.

Grinning Goblin posted:

but then reddit deleted our cat pics

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm glad my posts about how their forum mods don't use separate accounts like almost every other game is seen as valid criticism. Thanks Dolvak. :buddy:

If this thread is even 1% valid criticism that is utterly damning of Star Citizen.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Agrajag posted:

i am "the chan"

Our jokes are technically that Ben is a morbidly obese shitlord

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Grinning Goblin posted:

Lies. Lies and slander libel.

neonbregna posted:

Is it really a joke if it's just a statement of fact?

Tippis fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 17, 2016

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

neonbregna posted:

well it is funny tbh

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Solomonic posted:

ben fat, so what

Then, finally. A glimpse of the future.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Agrajag posted:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Wrecked Angle posted:

I was gonna comment on this way back in the thread when these first got mentioned but realised I was about 30 pages behind. Now that it's come up again I'll give CIG some hints and tips.

As someone who has been involved in providing marketing and merch for a whole shitload of companies let me first say, there is nothing unusual with sourcing this poo poo from the cheapest far east sweatshop you can find. Everyone does it (Sadly). It's because there's just no budget for making this stuff either because the product can't carry a western manufacturing cost but more often (as is the case here) just due to greed.

However, here is what every other entity does that those brain dead fucks at CIG either didn't think of or didn't care enough to do.

1. You get the goods bulk shipped to you from the factory. This stops all that poo poo with the customs and the customer seeing the shipped value and puts you in control of the product.
2. You check the loving goods. Seriously, Checking cards, keyrings, t-shirts whatever takes a couple of seconds per item and saves you sending a customer loving trash.
3. You repackage and ship the items. This is where you add the value. Mount the lovely card on a nice letter with some sticky poo poo (like you get the cards from your bank) and put it in a clean or branded envelope and send it first class.

There you go, you've still paid pence per card plus an hour of a receptionists time, but now your customers are gloating about their premium pieces of tat rather than ripping on them on reddit.

Honestly, they can't not gently caress up merch and they're supposed to a multinational company or 6.

Shut up, Sandi is the greatest marketing person on the planet

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Samizdata posted:

Or, you know, you could send them to the good one, and reduce the amount of derp in the universe (since Star Citizens are going to have us at peak derp soon)...

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000

??

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

OK settled on the following:

Constellation Phoenix - "Lady MacBeth" - Multi Purpose / Luxury
LTI Vanguard Warden - "Oenone" - Space Superiority / Long Range Fighter
LTI Retaliator - "Villeneuve's Revenge" - Bomber / Super Heavy Killer
LTI Carrack - "Arikara" - Exploration / Mini Cap Ship
LTI Sabre - "Syrinx" - Stealth / Light Fighter​

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Broccoli Cat posted:

OK settled on the following:

Constellation Phoenix - "Lady MacBeth" - Multi Purpose / Luxury
LTI Vanguard Warden - "Oenone" - Space Superiority / Long Range Fighter
LTI Retaliator - "Villeneuve's Revenge" - Bomber / Super Heavy Killer
LTI Carrack - "Arikara" - Exploration / Mini Cap Ship
LTI Sabre - "Syrinx" - Stealth / Light Fighter​

classy choices

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Bootcha, pgabz, lowtax, and gryphon for shits and giggles.
Like the power rangers but poo poo and less likely to do backflips.

What in the hell is the point of a debate without backflips?

(Also, we should not let Bootcha in. He might get called for butt-ending or spearing...)

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Goon arguments over what web resource is best for someone curious in Warhammer 40k. Some argue its the Lexicanum, who provide terse but correct and "in character" information, while some suggest 1d4chan, who, while rich in content, take 40k with a gain of salt and add lots of jokes and meme (like General Creed Tactical Genius, my personal favorite).

Personally i think you should visit and browse both, but you might want to read the Lexicanum first, if only to appreciate the 1d4chan jokes better.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

aleksendr posted:

Goon arguments over what web resource is best for someone curious in Warhammer 40k. Some argue its the Lexicanum, who provide terse but correct and "in character" information, while some suggest 1d4chan, who, while rich in content, take 40k with a gain of salt and add lots of jokes and meme (like General Creed Tactical Genius, my personal favorite).

Personally i think you should visit and browse both, but you might want to read the Lexicanum first, if only to appreciate the 1d4chan jokes better.

ah, I see

read those quotes again :pgabz:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

dolvak go gently caress yourself you idiot

Same.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

T.G. Xarbala posted:

ah, I see

read those quotes again :pgabz:

Oups. I was under the impression you wanted context about why we where talking about 1d4chan. Goofed. Its late and my mind if all frenchied from the translation...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Nice. Way to edit a quote, kids.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Samizdata posted:

What in the hell is the point of a debate without backflips?

(Also, we should not let Bootcha in. He might get called for butt-ending or spearing...)

More than likely he'd do himself a mischief again. Don't let him in.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Not only is Dolvak a self-righteous doof, he's also a coward who only acts when he thinks he's immune from response or criticism. When he was given the chance to actually do the morally right and journalistically ethical thing for once, he decided against it. Because doing the right thing might mean missing out on exclusive content and preferential treatment from CIG.

What a joke.

aleksendr posted:

Oups. I was under the impression you wanted context about why we where talking about 1d4chan. Goofed. Its late and my mind if all frenchied from the translation...

For what it's worth you're right, I just think that while accurate, the Lexicanum is a bit on the dry side. Meanwhile 1d4chan, despite being prone to 4channers trying too hard to be funny, actually does a better job getting to the meat of any particular topic you might care to look up re:40k lore

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Samizdata posted:

Nice. Way to edit a quote, kids.

:wink:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

dolvak go gently caress yourself you idiot

In a community filled with shitheads Dolvak is the worst in every way.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Is it a fat joke to say that seeing Ben's weight gain over the last 2 years was one of my major inspirations to go on a Keto diet in the Fall of last year? Because it totally was- I'm not close to that size, but I'd put on a lot of weight over the last decade of desk jobitude and I never want to feel the way he looks like he feels, all the time. I am currently down about 30 pounds from my start point and feeling pretty good about it.

Anyway Dolvak is a tool. Hi Dolvak! How does it feel to read every page even though you viscerally hate every one of us, and then go to reddit and pretend to be impartial knowing that is the most transparent lie imaginable? Why does the fat shaming bother you Dolvak? Are you super fat, Dolvak? When was the last time you saw your penis, Dolvak? Journalists are on the line waiting for this information.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is it a fat joke to point out how Ben can barely touch his hands together and probably needs assistance to wipe his own rear end?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dolvak you are probably actually a bad person

lol

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is it a fat joke to point out how Ben can barely touch his hands together and probably needs assistance to wipe his own rear end?

No that's accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

• Locked thread