Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minsky
May 23, 2001

I just leveled a guy 1-70 in D3 while in the login queue and I'm still in the login queue... I'll probably give this game a shot sometime later next week when hopefully it's died down a bit.

Edit: Apparently this game doesn't have any kind of AFK auto kick at all, as in you don't even have to run into a wall :laffo:

Minsky fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

Schubalts posted:

There are also a shitton of costumes and accessories that you can get for free from boss token roulette, direct boss drops (open world and dungeon), faction tokens, and quest rewards.

When the Wardrobe was still active, there are a bunch of costumes designed for that crazy guy who likes those gachapon-styled way of getting them - costumes you can only obtain by dismantling NCoin-paid (maybe Hongmoon Coin-paid too?) clothing to get Fabrics/High Fabric, then transmuting those fabrics. If my memory serves, it looks a bit similar to one of the costumes that are currently in the Hongmoon Store, but is more 'decent'. It was some sort of long white coat-dress thing with black pants (or stockings?).

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

100% yes, and you can queue with goons manually on other servers, it is very easy to set up a lobby to do this.

I appreciate this. Thanks.

Basically I plan to do what I always do with F2P launches which is wait a full week and see what things look like once the dust has settled. I'd prefer to roll on Mushin because I enjoy the social aspect of joining a guild with goons, but I am one of those care bear casuals that plays MMOs for PvE 95% of the time just to relax. I don't mind waiting to see what the queue situation is after a week before I decide.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Just FYI the newest patch today (Update 8?) completely breaks launching the game for some people, so if you're logged in don't log out (although you shouldn't do that anyways if you hope to get a spot in less than 4 hours).

Confirmation from NCSoft:
https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul/status/688566393453690881

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 17, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

RoyalScion posted:

Just FYI the newest patch today (Update 8?) completely breaks launching the game for some people, so if you're logged in don't log out (although you shouldn't do that anyways if you hope to get a spot in less than 4 hours).

Ah, that explains that. No playing Destroyer tonight, I guess :(

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah, it hit me as well. I guess that's one way to deal with too many people trying to log in.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Their twitter also says they're letting people transfer their founder's pack stuff (not their characters) off of Mushin and Windrest for a week. Nice I guess???

https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul/status/688532946182012928

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I guess they did not expect every single person to file into one server.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

RoyalScion posted:

Confirmation from NCSoft:
https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul/status/688566393453690881

Damnit.

I was really digging my KFM alt I rolled up on some no-queue server too.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
Maybe I've been a big dummy and missed something, but is the Mushin goon guild all filed up, and who are we hassling in game if there are any spaces left at the moment?

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 17, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I didn't try Assassin during the prior week on TW, are they especially PvP oriented or does everyone sort of work okay in PvE? I stress too much against other people so I can't do it much :saddowns:

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
If your client isn't launching after patch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41c4he/how_to_fix_nonlaunching_client_1252015/

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul/status/688583740352626688

I bet NCSoft uses only a windows 7 dev enviroment and didn't test this on windows 8/10

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So, is the game fun? I was going to play but I don't know if I want to deal with a 4 hour queue to play with goons

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Frick, even after a relog my main quest is fuckered. It's telling me to check Soha's tab, but there's nothing marked on my map. Does anyone remember this quest? Where's the interactable?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

fadam posted:

Frick, even after a relog my main quest is fuckered. It's telling me to check Soha's tab, but there's nothing marked on my map. Does anyone remember this quest? Where's the interactable?

it's either on the table right in front of her OR it's in your inventory, irrc

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

HapiMerchant posted:

it's either on the table right in front of her OR it's in your inventory, irrc

gently caress I'm stupid lmao, thanks mate. At least I got a bunch of school poo poo done during the wait.

fadam fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 17, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Swapped out client.exe for one from a dropbox link (:rip:) and now I can get in the game.

Should I bother leveling up the early weapons? Not sure how scarce the leveling mats are, or how frequently weapons will be replaced by quests/drops.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Subjunctive posted:

Swapped out client.exe for one from a dropbox link (:rip:) and now I can get in the game.

Should I bother leveling up the early weapons? Not sure how scarce the leveling mats are, or how frequently weapons will be replaced by quests/drops.

You will be using your weapon/accessories that you get from the start of the game at the end of the game. The hongmoon weapons/accessories will keep upgrading as you feed stuff to it and evolve to a new level. Everything you find will be used to feed those items.

linall
Feb 1, 2007
So far the only complaints I have about the game are Blade Dancers are Lyn only and NCSoft is involved in the running of the game. Other than that, game seems real fun.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Velveteen posted:

You will be using your weapon/accessories that you get from the start of the game at the end of the game. The hongmoon weapons/accessories will keep upgrading as you feed stuff to it and evolve to a new level. Everything you find will be used to feed those items.

I bumped these up from around 18-20 attack to 67 at one point and went one-shotting almost everything around. Definitely worth the time.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

linall posted:

So far the only complaints I have about the game are Blade Dancers are Lyn only and NCSoft is involved in the running of the game. Other than that, game seems real fun.

whats wrong with having a character the size of a pea in pvp? bottom out all those sliders in character creation dawg

ln206
Sep 29, 2014

GreyPowerVan posted:

So, is the game fun? I was going to play but I don't know if I want to deal with a 4 hour queue to play with goons

I can't tell you that. I purchased the founder pack and I can't even log in with this queue :\

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

sinewave posted:

whats wrong with having a character the size of a pea in pvp? bottom out all those sliders in character creation dawg

Everyone I've met that plays a rabbit person is a weird peophile. It sucks that they get exclusive classes.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
The wardrobe seems to be working again. Now I won't have all these outfits eating into my inventory space!

What's the state of Shanghai Goon or the overflow clans so far in terms of their member capacity? Seeing as I've stayed with tits Blade Master over either Blade Dancer or Summoner this time round, I think I'll just stick to Blade Master this time round.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

sinewave posted:

hitboxes are equalized but if you wanted to :goonsay: you could argue that smaller characters can be ahrder to keep track of to the human eye

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

linall posted:

Are you dissing Lalafells? Because that might sound like dissing Lalafells.

Then again Lalafells are not in anyway even similar to Elin thankfully.

Krakatoah fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 17, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Velveteen posted:

OK, cool. Wish I'd known to keep the Stalker Bangle to breakthrough with instead of feeding it as a regular evolution material...

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Subjunctive posted:

OK, cool. Wish I'd known to keep the Stalker Bangle to breakthrough with instead of feeding it as a regular evolution material...

Items used as breakthrough material will say "breakthrough material" on the item description. You're safe to feed everything else to your hungry weapons. If you're still unsure, there is a list on the op where it tells you what you need and where you get it for every breakthrough

quote:

Khako posted some pics of the progression and costs for each Hongmoon item:

Weapon - http://i.imgur.com/iNa4mlz.jpg
Necklace - http://i.imgur.com/MeiKNGs.jpg
Earring - http://i.imgur.com/nC4ty0O.jpg
Ring - http://i.imgur.com/Ano8PyZ.jpg

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The Stalker step is mildly jacked up, since you can't trade or use the AH at that level without Premium. And I swear to god I got a WARLOCK weapon, and every other kind of stabby and smashy thing.

But no bangle.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Velveteen posted:

Items used as breakthrough material will say "breakthrough material" on the item description. You're safe to feed everything else to your hungry weapons. If you're still unsure, there is a list on the op where it tells you what you need and where you get it for every breakthrough

Some of those pics are wrong, I need to find better ones but I haven't had time. :v:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
No idea if this is common knowledge of not: Spam all the emotes under F12 to get "Life of the party" as an equippable title.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

No idea if this is common knowledge of not: Spam all the emotes under F12 to get "Life of the party" as an equippable title.

Achievements > Titles

Receive instructions for all kinds of neat things :3:

In other news I got about to 40 last night, if anyone feels like chain running the Tomb of the Earth lemme know. IGN: Dodgin

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
It's Sunday morning and Mushin's queue is over an hour.

gently caress that, back to dirty Old Man Cho.

e: Force Master's Ice Rain (2 key) + Cold Snap (Z key) remains hilarious.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 17, 2016

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Between last night and today the file check the game runs at launch has gone from a few seconds to twenty minutes. Oh launch patches.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum
I'm a giant on this earth, fee fi fo fum
Cerebellum over-loader make your brain stem numb!
Really enjoying my time with the game so far. If we have an EU guild on Windrest would love an invite:

Mana Kibagami Blade Master - Crimson

Will log on later and check back here.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

So, bets on how long it'll take them to implement an AFK timer? Because it's pretty apparent that people have figured out that they don't need to log out, and the queue is just going to be immortal until they do.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

HapiMerchant posted:

hitboxes are equalized but if you wanted to :goonsay: you could argue that smaller characters can be ahrder to keep track of to the human eye

I actually rerolled my max size dude because I had trouble seeing other players/npcs animations through him and that's a major disadvantage in pvp.

If anyone needs an invite on Old Dirty Cho send Windchillas a tell. Clan is on red faction.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

VanillaGorilla posted:

So, bets on how long it'll take them to implement an AFK timer? Because it's pretty apparent that people have figured out that they don't need to log out, and the queue is just going to be immortal until they do.

An NCSoft person commented on a Reddit thread that they were working on one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Also, jesus christ even deleting a character has a 5 minute queue, who designed this lovecraftian nightmare?

• Locked thread