Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Aardvark Barber posted:

I've been playing this lately on PS4. PSN ID is aardvarkbarber.

I'm not sure how any of the guilding stuff works, but I'm level 12, EP, and currently just questing my way around tamriel at random!

Invite sent. PS4's goon population is dead, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Just a heads up, pretty much every expansion pack from here on out is gonna be solo oriented. Except for probably Murkmire, maybe. They'll probably throw a group dungeon or trial every other two updates to satisfy the group crowd, but the majority will be solo stuff.

Veteran Rank removal is slated for Q2 2016, during Dark Brotherhood.

Fine by me. They really need to overhaul PvP before churning out any more PvP DLC.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
multiple china games can do cops and robbers just fine but elder scrolls online seems to be having the weirdest issues with understanding how to do it

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

multiple china games can do cops and robbers just fine but elder scrolls online seems to be having the weirdest issues with understanding how to do it

It's not so much Zenimax's incompetence but rather it's all the pubbies who simply can't stand not being the usual god-like figures in an Elder Scrolls game, tbh. But yeah there's also the problem with the huge PvP issues (like this week's magnificent Battle Spirit bug).

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Scyantific posted:

It's not so much Zenimax's incompetence but rather it's all the pubbies who simply can't stand not being the usual god-like figures in an Elder Scrolls game, tbh. But yeah there's also the problem with the huge PvP issues (like this week's magnificent Battle Spirit bug).

I did some of the quests in Wrothgar, so I think I know what I'm talking about when I ask for these balance changes:

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

This seems like a pretty good deal for this game: http://www.dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html

Can someone confirm that this is all I need to purchase to be able to play, or is there going to be a bunch of DLC-type stuff I need to get as well.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
If you want VR15-16 gear you ought to have at least one of the DLCs because people gleefully charge ridiculous prices for the mats on guild stores. Also the top level crafting writs all require you to drop off the goods in orsinium and give out crafting surveys in orsinium as well, and if I remember rightly you can't get good VR16 dropped gear anywhere. Below VR15-16 you wouldn't suffer any real disadvantages from not having the DLC

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

vug posted:

If you want VR15-16 gear you ought to have at least one of the DLCs because people gleefully charge ridiculous prices for the mats on guild stores. Also the top level crafting writs all require you to drop off the goods in orsinium and give out crafting surveys in orsinium as well, and if I remember rightly you can't get good VR16 dropped gear anywhere. Below VR15-16 you wouldn't suffer any real disadvantages from not having the DLC
I didn't understand about 95% of your post but am I correct in thinking I can start out by buying from that link and DLC probably won't come into the picture until I've been playing for a while?

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Yeah, apart from crown store things all there is to buy is the base game, some things that give minor perks (unlock the imperial race etc) and DLCs that mainly affect endgame. I got the game with a cheap CD key back around launch and didn't have any problems

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

vug posted:

Yeah, apart from crown store things all there is to buy is the base game, some things that give minor perks (unlock the imperial race etc) and DLCs that mainly affect endgame. I got the game with a cheap CD key back around launch and didn't have any problems
Perfect, thanks!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

vug posted:

You can still get the V16 mats from Cyrodiil, so you don't need Orsinium, it just makes it a good deal easier.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

InternetJunky posted:

Perfect, thanks!

Just a heads up: buy the adventurer pack, not the imperial edition. Much better bang for your buck. I mean, buy both if you can afford it, but AP if you have to pick one.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
Hey Xbone goons, the League of Extraordinary Lizardmen is all set up. Give me your GT and I'll add you to the guild. EP, obviously.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ESO Live info:

-Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will not have any new skill lines
-Champion Point Cap will be raised by 51 points per DLC.
-NO ETA on any fixes, PvP balance changes, or new group content.

Just :lol:

E: Also something something Gina's pregnant.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 15, 2016

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

So where's the cosmetic sympathy belts in the crown store?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

ESO Live info:

-Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will not have any new skill lines
-Champion Point Cap will be raised by 51 points per DLC.
-NO ETA on any fixes, PvP balance changes, or new group content.

Just :lol:

E: Also something something Gina's pregnant.

Oh, well then I guess they're just going to be god loving awful. How dare Zenimax do this!

Boydi!
Jul 19, 2005
I have no idea what to write here!

wookieepelt posted:

Hey Xbone goons, the League of Extraordinary Lizardmen is all set up. Give me your GT and I'll add you to the guild. EP, obviously.

Hey there. Sign me up GT: TheyCallMeAaron
Im in Australia but I am a shift worker so I play at all hours.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Wish there was an "offline mode" for the game. It gets a little less immersive when there's a literal train of people running through the same area as you killing everything and jumping around like crazy people.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Just a heads up, pretty much every expansion pack from here on out is gonna be solo oriented. Except for probably Murkmire, maybe. They'll probably throw a group dungeon or trial every other two updates to satisfy the group crowd, but the majority will be solo stuff.

Veteran Rank removal is slated for Q2 2016, during Dark Brotherhood.

That all seems like a good idea given the player base of the game. Larger then normal group size content is always super hard to make, most the player base never sees it, and those that do clear it will bitch until there is more.

Or instead they could make content for the 4 man group system that already has a group finder and such all ready in game. And really gently caress mmo pvp who cares. The list of successful devs that can make good balanced pvp us very short. So might as well focus on what they can do good with instead.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Verranicus posted:

Wish there was an "offline mode" for the game. It gets a little less immersive when there's a literal train of people running through the same area as you killing everything and jumping around like crazy people.

You... wish there was an "offline" mode... in an MMO...

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

JackBadass posted:

When the actual MMO parts of the game are the weakest, sure, why not?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Now that I've got a couple of hours into this game I have a question about crafting: the OP mentions something about needing to spend skill points for crafting later on -- are these the same skill points I get when I level up? Does that mean I should create a crafting alt or something or can I safely pursue crafting on my main character without affecting anything else?

Also, maybe I'm missing it, but is there any way to actually search for something specific in the AH? I really hope I'm just being stupid and missing the search field, otherwise I nominate this game for worst AH system in an MMO.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

InternetJunky posted:

Now that I've got a couple of hours into this game I have a question about crafting: the OP mentions something about needing to spend skill points for crafting later on -- are these the same skill points I get when I level up? Does that mean I should create a crafting alt or something or can I safely pursue crafting on my main character without affecting anything else?

Also, maybe I'm missing it, but is there any way to actually search for something specific in the AH? I really hope I'm just being stupid and missing the search field, otherwise I nominate this game for worst AH system in an MMO.

You can get a mod that lets you search the AH. Yes, it is terrible.

You shouldn't need to make a crafting alt, as I'm pretty sure you get enough skill points to unlock everything on one character if you're a completionist.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Wasn't sneaking. Stupid fat hobbits.

JackBadass posted:

Yeah, sure! It's actually a pretty good game as a stand alone. At least, that's how it is over on the AD.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Verranicus posted:

When the actual MMO parts of the game are the weakest, sure, why not?

You think the MMO aspects are weaker than the PvE quests? Wow, haven't seen this bad an opinion in a long time.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Wasn't sneaking. Stupid fat hobbits.

JackBadass posted:

You think the MMO aspects are weaker than the PvE quests? Wow, haven't seen this bad an opinion in a long time.

What, really? I haven't wanted to spend more than about 5 minutes of the 50-ish hours I've been on with other players. Although I've gotta say ESO has way nicer players than any other MMOs I've played.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

vug posted:

Also the top level crafting writs all require you to drop off the goods in orsinium

Wait, what? I thought I'd upgrade my provisioning skill for better daily rewards, but they gated those dailies behind paid DLC?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Mizuti posted:

Wait, what? I thought I'd upgrade my provisioning skill for better daily rewards, but they gated those dailies behind paid DLC?

No, if you don't have the DLC, you drop them off in Belkarth.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Boydi! posted:

Hey there. Sign me up GT: TheyCallMeAaron
Im in Australia but I am a shift worker so I play at all hours.

Invite sent. So far it's just us. There's at least one other out there, so we'll add them and almost have enough for a proper group!

JackBadass posted:

PvE is the best part if this game. Hands down. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PvP is a clusterfuck, loaded with rampant bugs, exploits, and zergs. PvE isn't much better. loving Orc-sinium is geared towards solo idiots who only spam LFG when they can't solo a loving World Boss. You even said it yourself, group dungeons and trials are all bland as gently caress (even though I doubt you've ever stepped foot inside any of the trial instances).

The way Zenimax is going, they might as well scrap PvP, and scrap the rest of the MMO part of the game and just call it "The Elder Scrolls Offline"

E: For the record, Ennuid feels pretty much the same way I do about solo content in this game. It's dull and boring.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 17, 2016

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

PvP is a clusterfuck, loaded with rampant bugs, exploits, and zergs. PvE isn't much better. loving Orc-sinium is geared towards solo idiots who only spam LFG when they can't solo a loving World Boss. You even said it yourself, group dungeons and trials are all bland as gently caress (even though I doubt you've ever stepped foot inside any of the trial instances).

The way Zenimax is going, they might as well scrap PvP, and scrap the rest of the MMO part of the game and just call it "The Elder Scrolls Offline"

You know, you don't have to play it. For how much you complain about it, I don't get why you do.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

JackBadass posted:

You know, you don't have to play it. For how much you complain about it, I don't get why you do.

You seem really invested in this game to get this buttmad over opinions you don't like. I enjoy ESO as a single player game, that's why I play it. As was said above the PVP is a clusterfuck that is done better in Guild Wars 2, and the dungeons are laughably bad compared to something like Final Fantasy XIV. Which leaves the questing, the good part.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The quests are pretty boring, IMO. And it's blatantly obvious in Daggerfall territory which withers down to the same exact thing over and over.

"Help us we raised a ghost/the undead are after us/this vampire wants to kill us all"

E: I play because I actually talk to goons in guild chat. P much the only reason I'm playing at this point, beyond wanting to test out my Imperial Stam sorc.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Verranicus posted:

You seem really invested in this game to get this buttmad over opinions you don't like. I enjoy ESO as a single player game, that's why I play it. As was said above the PVP is a clusterfuck that is done better in Guild Wars 2, and the dungeons are laughably bad compared to something like Final Fantasy XIV. Which leaves the questing, the good part.

I'm not mad at all, actually, I just point out bad opinions, which run rampant among certain people here. If you strip out all the multiplayer aspects of the game, all you're left with is a barren world with a handful of "go here, kill this" quests with horrible writing. This isn't Skyrim 2, which a lot of people seem to think.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

JackBadass posted:

I'm not mad at all, actually, I just point out bad opinions, which run rampant among certain people here. If you strip out all the multiplayer aspects of the game, all you're left with is a barren world with a handful of "go here, kill this" quests with horrible writing. This isn't Skyrim 2, which a lot of people seem to think.

Funny, when I play I treat it like Skyrim 2 and it's worked out well for me so far.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

E: For the record, Ennuid feels pretty much the same way I do about solo content in this game. It's dull and boring.

When you went into vet PvP pre-IC, you were either going to one-shot your enemies or be one-shotted yourself. That's not a terribly fun game design: winning is unsatisfying, and losing gives you no indication of how to improve. So what they did in IC made sense: drop everyone's damage and boost everyone's health so that battles take longer. Now everyone could at least get a shot in regardless of their build, level of skill, or network connection. And, maybe, just maybe, the people getting wrecked would use that time to correct what they were doing wrong and gradually start to enjoy themselves. Of course no true gamer internalizes failure, but it was a brave little theory.

Where it went wrong is they applied the same scaling to Wrothgar. Monster hitpoints went up a bit, damage went down by more than half. As a result, battles were made longer and less dangerous (i.e. boring) compared to other places in the game. My hope is that this was just a lazy copy-paste job and not a genuine design decision. Otherwise, we're going to be seeing a lot less Dragonstar Arena (challenging fun with your friends) and a lot more Maelstrom Arena (falling asleep by yourself).

JackBadass posted:

I just point out bad opinions, which run rampant among certain people here.

I'm not sure crowning yourself Cool Guy in an MMO thread has the effect you think it does.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

tgidieday posted:

I'm not sure crowning yourself Cool Guy in an MMO thread has the effect you think it does.

Likewise.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

At least you struck out swinging.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

tgidieday posted:

At least you struck out swinging.

Sorry, I'm not as good at shitposting as you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Please tell me how to play ESO correctly.

• Locked thread