Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hey mate nice animal posts. I loving love alpacas as I said before and find them hilarious when sheared.

Rated 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
gently caress yes thankyou tardwrangler

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wanna see some ganggangs. I wanna see all the birds actually.

Maybe i could set up a bird feeder that chickens cant get into

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Dang spider in my toilet paper this morning

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

maybe you've said this somewhere already but where are you if you dont mind sharing

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
North coast NSW near South West Rocks.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
pro as gently caress pics y'all thank yu for letting me (a dirty city dweller) a window into your lifes

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Guard pups

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

could a maremma learn to guard a "flock" of maremma puppies? (not theirs' of course, that's obvious)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

man those are cute as gently caress

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
FUKKEN :staredog: BRO FUCJ

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I cant load this thread now cause i posted too many pics on this page

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

could a maremma learn to guard a "flock" of maremma puppies? (not theirs' of course, that's obvious)

Probably but i doubt anyones tried it. I dont think the situation would come up.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

10 loving pups sweet Jesus the poor mother

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wendigee posted:

10 loving pups sweet Jesus the poor mother

2 died it was originally 12. The owners looked after them in shifts 24 hours a day to make sure they all got a turn suckling.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
We have a few of these around at the moment; Channel-billed Cuckoos.
All the other birds hate them, being cuckoos, and they are viciously attacked on sight

They look like A. Wyatt Mann drew a jewbird.

JUDENVOGEL RAUS!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP what do you call those wierd chickens that farmers keep in little cages and they have fur rather than feathers and long ears

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Isaac posted:

Its using tacbirds hiding spot but its really uncoordinated and keeps losing its footing and making lots of noise

Does this box say "Tastes Better - SHITHEADS"?!

I know in my heart it doesn't say that, but I wish it did.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Does this box say "Tastes Better - SHITHEADS"?!

I know in my heart it doesn't say that, but I wish it did.

They're Heatbeads and they taste terrible

those pup pics are unbelievably cute

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

tardwrangler posted:

We have a few of these around at the moment; Channel-billed Cuckoos.
All the other birds hate them, being cuckoos, and they are viciously attacked on sight

They look like A. Wyatt Mann drew a jewbird.

JUDENVOGEL RAUS!

Looks like a villainous bird

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

a starwar betamax posted:

OP what do you call those wierd chickens that farmers keep in little cages and they have fur rather than feathers and long ears

I think they are Horses

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

Looks like a villainous bird

The largest cuckoo, size of a white cockatoo. They usually lay in a bigger birds nest but sometimes they end up with a tiny mother and kill them through exhaustion.

They are ugly raucous fuckers that start shrieking at dawn and if you have one in the garden, you wake up furious from the horrible incessant squarking.

Here's one working a white plumed honeyeater to death.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

and yes, that is a horse your thinking of.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Isaac posted:

Guard pups

In a few months those dogs could kill us all

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
If anyone's developed a Maremma obsession, there are a ton available for rescue. They're mostly adolescent males who didn't bond with livestock, so fine as pets but not as livestock guardians.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a real picture I took for myself for oc for this thread

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Are those cuckoos naitive? Can you shoot them is what im getting at.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lolie posted:

If anyone's developed a Maremma obsession, there are a ton available for rescue. They're mostly adolescent males who didn't bond with livestock, so fine as pets but not as livestock guardians.

Everything ive been told about maremmas is that they are a nightmare as a pet. That said my friend has one in yhe city and its lovely. He takes it everywhere even to the pub though so maybe as long as theyre firmly bonded to you theyre okay.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

Are those cuckoos naitive? Can you shoot them is what im getting at.

Native, thus protected.

Couldn't do it myself, though I'm considering going to war with the noisy miners with a slingshot if they try to take over the garden.

As hosed up as the cuckoos are, they're part of the system . they don't seem to do great around here due to the hyperaggressiveness of the larger honeyeaters wh are champion turf defenders.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Bowerbird's are really agitated today which means there a male displaying his bower somewhere close

Going to try ad find it

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Do you have a big zoom on your camera? Apart drom friendly king parrots i can never get nearly close enough to any birds to get a pic.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Saw a coupke of parrot looking things fly past that looked gold colour

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

country life means sometimes you have to give way to cows on your way home from work

I found these lil guys at work nested in a vine head. I think they wanted me to feed them but I wasn't barfing up my sandwich for no bird, it was a good sandwich. Cheese and pickle.

This babby hedgehog was kicking around my back yard the other day. Silly hedgehog, you come out at night!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shithouse Dave posted:

country life means sometimes you have to give way to cows on your way home from work

I found these lil guys at work nested in a vine head. I think they wanted me to feed them but I wasn't barfing up my sandwich for no bird, it was a good sandwich. Cheese and pickle.

This babby hedgehog was kicking around my back yard the other day. Silly hedgehog, you come out at night!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I need more alpaca. and goat.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Shithouse Dave posted:

This happened to me one dark and foggy morning on a dirt road while on my way to work. Came about three feet from plowing into one and my instant death.

This is my favorite thread on SA right now. :3:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Sheep-Goats posted:

Here's a real picture I took for myself for oc for this thread

Could not see this. What is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
The young males are starting to fight
These two have been shadowing each other and hanging out for a couple of weeks now
This was a semi serious one and they both ended up pretty tired and sore

• Locked thread