Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

canyonero posted:

Which one? I bought a pair of their 6' ones a couple months ago and they've been fine.

These http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/product/details/12668

Yup, that's the one I have :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I'm liking the ability to password protect notes in 9.3. No longer will Christmas shopping lists have to be hidden away - just a shame it came a month too late.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I've started saving specific nudes in Notes and not Photos

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

noirstronaut posted:

Where do you put your nonspecific ones?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Presumably they're fine in the camera roll

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

nudez

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Which leather case is that one.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

FCKGW posted:

I used my Monoprice cable for the first time and it's telling me it's unsupported and won't even charge :mad:

Use a toothpick to clean the lint and dust out of your phone's lightning socket.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

tuyop posted:

Where do you put your nonspecific ones?

camera roll. i don't know those hoes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

Not being able to password a photos folder in 2016 is some shameful poo poo from Apple.

The "hidden" folder is a joke

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

There are plenty of apps to do this for the 1% of people who want to?
Not everything needs to be baked into the OS to add more bloat.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

So is there a goon consensus on what the best ad blocking app is for iOS? Just hopped on YouTube on my new 6S and I forgot they played advertisements before videos since I'm so used to uBlock on my PC.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i bought 1blocker it's good.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Think it was 1Blocker last I checked

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I like Purify just to throw something else out there.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
1blocker master race checking in.

But purify is def good too.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i wish i knew how people even tell the difference. 1blocker hides ads for me. that's all i need.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

yeah this is the first i'm hearing of 1blocker lmao what does it do that purify doesn't

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Blockr

It blocks ads and stuff

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i used purify before 1blocker but kept having issues where safari would pull up blank pages and i'd have to refresh to get anything to load.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

baram. posted:

i used purify before 1blocker but kept having issues where safari would pull up blank pages and i'd have to refresh to get anything to load.

It's a lot better than when it first came out but I do still get it occasionally.

milkaxor
Mar 5, 2003

I choose you!
Mozilla's Focus is really good (and free). It doesn't block all ads. It is mainly focused on blocking trackers.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

I think most blockers pretty much do the same things. I like that 1blocker lets you quickly and easily whitelist sites from the share menu. Otherwise, I don't really interact with it in any way in my daily use, which is as it should be.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

dik-dik posted:

I think most blockers pretty much do the same things. I like that 1blocker lets you quickly and easily whitelist sites from the share menu. Otherwise, I don't really interact with it in any way in my daily use, which is as it should be.

That, custom rules and filters, and being able to unblock specific rules. There's a few I unfiltered because they're either small networks that only host artist ads, or break sites. It's my preferred one for flexibility, but I also like having nitpick control over filtering, which isn't a top feature for every user.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Thanks people, downloaded 1blocker and seems pretty neato so far.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

fourwood posted:

I broke down and installed the 9.3 public beta yesterday, and I :love: Night Shift already.

Came here to post this. Holy hell it's awesome. Sunset to sunrise :love:

terriyaki
Nov 10, 2003

This is the first time I've ever heard about this feature coming to iOS and as someone who has f.lux on their main computer I'm pretty stoked for this too!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Prepare to never be able to stand the iPhone's default white again.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

How does the slider work? Does it change the display temperature all day/night, or does it act as a threshold of some sort? The few pictures I've seen of Night Shift in action so far make it look like it gets way, way too warm for my liking.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

enojy posted:

How does the slider work? Does it change the display temperature all day/night, or does it act as a threshold of some sort? The few pictures I've seen of Night Shift in action so far make it look like it gets way, way too warm for my liking.

It sets the display temperature for when Night Shift has been triggered.

I personally like to set it all the way to the warmest, but tbqh I wish it worked more like f.lux where it would auto adjust as you approach "bedtime." Right now it's a little jarring that at sunset it basically immediately goes to whatever setting you've chosen.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Yeah it should start slowly getting warmer over the hour before bedtime or something. Hopefully they add that feature.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
For people running the 9.3 beta, does the warm screen automatically turn off if you try playing a video? Seems like it would be a bit awkward trying to watch video with the colours all hosed up.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Question Mark Mound posted:

For people running the 9.3 beta, does the warm screen automatically turn off if you try playing a video?

No.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Used an iPhone for 9 years without these fool rear end colors and by god, ill do it for 9 more.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Used an iPhone for 9 years without these fool rear end colors and by god, ill do it for 9 more.

Fool rear end colors, like Saddle Brown?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Fool rear end colors, like Saddle Brown?

:froggonk: :frogsiren: :psyboom: :frogdowns: WHAT

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
saddle brown more like loserassddle brown

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Orange supremacy

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I know Saddle Brown is the way to go, but I like battery cases. Does anyone have and like a mophie on their 6s plus? I need to upgrade soon but the amazon reviews for the 6s plus mophie make it seem like a real piece of poo poo.

I do a lot of tradeshows so my phone gets heavy use and is usually dead in 3 hrs, the mophie at least gets me through the day and the switch is great to conserve the battery when I really really need it. Plus I like not having to charge my phone for days when it's not under heavy use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Now I can't say these two events are actually unrelated, but the day after I got the Brown leather case I got a raise at work. So I would go with Brown leather case and a portable battery pack if needed because battery cases are dumb as gently caress.